Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko , heck yeah I'm excited! Anyone who says they aren't is crazy!

Only thing with this next update that I'm not excited for is jewelry crafting. Sure, it's nice that we get to do some things - but gosh they're trying to make it an awful grind. I'll do it, but ewwww grinds.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    Shor's history is rich albeit humble. Back then, there were three faction reps, Me for DC, Brookus and Qaevir and Montayva for EP and Durham/Takuto for AD. those were the three major groups vying for map play on a nightly basis for over 8 months as no one at the time would take Shor seriously That was it. those were the glory days.

I miss those days.

Yeah, i dont even see much of the dead wait boys anymore. Requiem is still out there but i havent been fielding more than 8 this entire year with literally only two known exceptions to date.

Its great getting called a zerg when you only have 4 people. Is this the fabled small scale life?
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Anyone else very excited for four pages of PvP patch notes? Cant wait for Monday! Combat changes also, but it’s been how long since we’ve had more than a short paragraph or two on PvP?

I did a quick write up on the eso live for anyone that missed it:
    ESO Live major pvp announcements summary:

BATTLEGROUNDS:
    - BGs will now populate matches depending on whether you are in a premade or not
    - BGs will now have SELECTABLE GAME MODES
    - Grab bag mode will offer special match prizes akin to doing dungeon random dailies

CYRODIIL:
    - New Gladiator obtainable costume for new quests
    - Quests such as “capture ANY 3 keep/resource etc reward pieces to assemble a runebox for Gladiator costume
    - New scoring method for pop bonuses
    - New method of D ticks and O ticks - archetype checklist system
    - Elder Scrolls ownership now provides the highest amount of campaign scoring of 10 points per owned scroll
    - Brian Wheeler confirmed EP healer

MISC:
    - Dope af celestial clock homestead item
    - Dope af fireplace
    - crownstore exclusive dope af pirate ship player housing
    Edited by Rickter on April 14, 2018 3:04PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , with all the angry PvErs in towns you can get called a zergling solo.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor's history is rich albeit humble. Back then, there were three faction reps, Me for DC, Brookus and Qaevir and Montayva for EP and Durham/Takuto for AD. those were the three major groups vying for map play on a nightly basis for over 8 months as no one at the time would take Shor seriously That was it. those were the glory days.

I miss those days.

Yeah, i dont even see much of the dead wait boys anymore. Requiem is still out there but i havent been fielding more than 8 this entire year with literally only two known exceptions to date.

Its great getting called a zerg when you only have 4 people. Is this the fabled small scale life?
    Anyone else very excited for four pages of PvP patch notes? Cant wait for Monday! Combat changes also, but it’s been how long since we’ve had more than a short paragraph or two on PvP?

I did a quick write up on the eso live for anyone that missed it:
    ESO Live major pvp announcements summary:

BATTLEGROUNDS:
    - BGs will now populate matches depending on whether you are in a premade or not
    - BGs will now have SELECTABLE GAME MODES
    - Grab bag mode will offer special match prizes akin to doing dungeon random dailies

CYRODIIL:
    - New Gladiator obtainable costume for new quests
    - Quests such as “capture ANY 3 keep/resource etc reward pieces to assemble a runebox for Gladiator costume
    - New scoring method for pop bonuses
    - New method of D ticks and O ticks - archetype checklist system
    - Elder Scrolls ownership now provides the highest amount of campaign scoring of 10 points per owned scroll
    - Brian Wheeler confirmed EP healer

MISC:
    - Dope af celestial clock homestead item
    - Dope af fireplace
    - crownstore exclusive dope af pirate ship player housing

Super excited to see battlegrounds become available to all, the increased population will really help make the fights more varied. But still though, FOUR pages of patch notes. I mean at most what they've mentioned already should cover a page or less, which means plenty of surprises still to come.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Joshlenoir , I don't think that there is any guild that's doing it. It's literally Blue Canoe saying "type X in zone" and getting more folks to play. They dethroned yesterday with probably 7-9 people and only 1-3 EP showed up to defend any keeps while there was 2 bar EP pop all morning. All of them were off getting their anniversary boxes at the towns.

Pop bars are super misleading right now because the entire pop is off at towns. It's just a matter of luck that AD has about double the number of people than DC/EP that are interested in actual PvP.

My buddy and I tried to defend 2vX against maybe 8 of these guys. Most of them use the skeleton polymorph and spam lethal arrow w/snare or cc poisons while others spam BOL and use soul assault liberally. Pretty much a death sentence for medium armor stam sorc.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes.

"AD zerg at Glade mine!"
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

"AD zerg at Glade mine!"

I’ve been called a zergling by smaller scalers after being beaten 3+2pugs v 2 so I think that’s pretty much as far down the ladder as you can go. What you even say at that point is beyond me.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a group of 6, we went to cheydinhal to quest during the event (yes quest NOT camp and gank) and im of the mind that questing in a pvp zone should have risk so i attack enemy players while in the quest hub. Of my geoup of six, 2 were off doing the delve quest and the other 4 of us were in cheydi turning quests or doing local quests but essentially scattered. 2 AD show up and start killing EP questers and DC (basically my group) so the 4 of us that were local regroup to try and fight back. Meanwhile, there are a total of 6 EP in addition to the AD so this kind of all out 3 way fight broke out with 4 DC, 2 AD and 6 EP. It was great! This is the kind of fights i was bragging about a few pages ago. This is what cyro quest hubs should be imho and this is why i still love shor in primetime.

Unfortunately, it looked like the AD called in some EP friends and when they killed my 4 man, i got called a zergling and teabagged. And i know they were working together because EP and AD were teabagging together right next to each other while other EP tried to attack AD.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like I need a good group to run with more regularly. The guild I’m in is pretty much a 1 night a week event and it gets zergy. Not anything against them as it’s just people having fun in Cyrodiil with some drinks. Would like to get in some more regular action other than just going alone and whoever happens to show up, shows up.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Sounds like I need a good group to run with more regularly. The guild I’m in is pretty much a 1 night a week event and it gets zergy. Not anything against them as it’s just people having fun in Cyrodiil with some drinks. Would like to get in some more regular action other than just going alone and whoever happens to show up, shows up.

I could've told you that man. Soloing has its place and its definitely chill to be able to go out there and see how well you “survive in the wild” but a majority of the people i see complaining the most about zergs, are soloers.

I think its because honestly the most important aspect about this game, are relationships. Without a core group of friends or that one duo partner you can be yourself and do anything with, the game gets lonely, mundane and boring.

I personally prefer groups of 6-8 or duoing with my wife, Skura. I solo queue BGs alot because its easy and guess what? I hate it. Its just faster to queue solo, get a match knocked out win or lose and queue for the next.

I personally greatly admire @Lord_Hev and @Montayva ‘s duo capabilities and synergy.

Unrelated: who was saying entire raids shouldnt be allowed to stealth? Check this out!!

https://gyazo.com/aae30f4493d19e32ce94c7d65f1ebd7a
    Edited by Rickter on April 14, 2018 6:50PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes.

"AD zerg at Glade mine!"

I’ve been called a zergling by smaller scalers after being beaten 3+2pugs v 2 so I think that’s pretty much as far down the ladder as you can go. What you even say at that point is beyond me.

I got accused of zerging the other day when I interfered with a 3v1 I spied against a random ally. I guess 2 is a zerg... if you win. :D
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it a zerg? I've developed a formula based on research and experience to determine if the group you are facing is a Zerg or not:

Set n as count(enemygroup)
    Set y as count(owngroup)
    N = ZERG IF n + 1 > y

IF N = ZERG RUN function(ForumQQ)
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it, @pzschrek . Based on your code it also seems to imply an equal numbered fight would trigger these fine people.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unrelated: who was saying entire raids shouldnt be allowed to stealth? Check this out!!

https://gyazo.com/aae30f4493d19e32ce94c7d65f1ebd7a

It's even funnier with sound, lol

https://youtu.be/O3YZFKmJVuw?t=10
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been called a zergling by smaller scalers

Hahahahaha I'm sure there was a good reason why :lol:
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    I’ve been called a zergling by smaller scalers

Hahahahaha I'm sure there was a good reason why :lol:

Josh my man, I only zerg about as much as you do.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm cautiously excited. A majority of what was said during the live stream I'm not too interested about. Sure I'd love the Cyrodiil performance to increase but I'm skeptical that it will actually happen as they say.
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

It's even funnier with sound, lol

https://youtu.be/O3YZFKmJVuw?t=10

LOL, that's nuts.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm cautiously excited. A majority of what was said during the live stream I'm not too interested about. Sure I'd love the Cyrodiil performance to increase but I'm skeptical that it will actually happen as they say.

Hopefully some of the scoring changes will have an impact on how it’s played at least.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully some of the scoring changes will have an impact on how it’s played at least.

Might change the order of operations for what gets zerged first, but relating to Shor the scrolls seem to get capped for the night and remain there until an opposing faction night caps them all back. I don't see a lot of daytime scroll movement atm.

I'm expecting an influx of pve players akin to this anniversary event but having a larger impact on the strategic map. Zerging for their daily cap X quests to grab pieces of the gladiator runebox, then leaving quick as they came.

While this should solve the problem of 3 bars pop and empty keeps, it might make our mismatched populations seem that much worse.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scoring changes won't affect gameplay until campaign score matters.

...if there's an unannounced change that somehow makes people care about campaign score in addition to adjusting the scoring values, then we'll see.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭

Heyyy Dead Wait is still alive and kicking. We get little groups of 4 going fairly often, and had a group of 9 for a little while yesterday.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭

I miss those days.

Yeah, i don't even see much of the dead wait boys anymore. Requiem is still out there but I haven't been fielding more than 8 this entire year with literally only two known exceptions to date.

We've been around, but aren't running with guild tags as much anymore, nor are we running groups larger than 8.

I personally haven't been playing quite as much because PvP feels kind of stale lately.
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah @Tzayad and @Takuto I know you guys are still around - sorry if it came off like i was saying you werent. I havent really been pvping lately because ive been hunting down worm cult so im a bad judge of groups encountered the last two weeks.

on a positive note: i did get all my wormcult styles ;)

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well PTS patch notes look underwhelming in terms of PvP. IF (big if) the performance is improved then I well be very happy but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Aside from that I'll be interested to see how the new crafted set "Sload’s Semblance" performs, since it will proc 853 oblivion damage every second for six seconds. Sounds like DoT/Bleed builds could get a boost from this, maybe.

Grats. I've gone a different route, I'm keeping several in my bank to flip in a month or two. Along with a Dubious Camoran Throne recipe. Gotta get that money for jewelry mats :)
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well PTS patch notes look underwhelming in terms of PvP. IF (big if) the performance is improved then I well be very happy but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Aside from that I'll be interested to see how the new crafted set "Sload’s Semblance" performs, since it will proc 853 oblivion damage every second for six seconds. Sounds like DoT/Bleed builds could get a boost from this, maybe.

oh yeah that looks like a good one. im going to try and pair:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

and

Nocturnal’s Favor
    2 – 129 Stamina Recovery
    3 – 1206 Max Health
    4 – 1206 Max Health
    5 – Whenever you successfully Dodge, heal yourself for 4000. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

with 1 veli and 1 kena
    Edited by Rickter on April 16, 2018 8:10PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh yeah that looks like a good one. im going to try and pair:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

and

Nocturnal’s Favor
    2 – 129 Stamina Recovery
    3 – 1206 Max Health
    4 – 1206 Max Health
    5 – Whenever you successfully Dodge, heal yourself for 4000. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

with 1 veli and 1 kena

That nocturnal set and the magicka set that gives major mending sounds op.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Grats. I've gone a different route, I'm keeping several in my bank to flip in a month or two. Along with a Dubious Camoran Throne recipe. Gotta get that money for jewelry mats :)

Turns out the 4 pages of pvp notes held nothing more than what they had revealed previously which is a major disappointment but no surprise I guess. So far I’ve seen people post that there’s not a big fps difference in cities and towns with the multi core.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Turns out the 4 pages of pvp notes held nothing more than what they had revealed previously which is a major disappointment but no surprise I guess. So far I’ve seen people post that there’s not a big fps difference in cities and towns with the multi core.

And thus why I was cautiously optimistic, lol.

In other news, last night was interesting in Cyrodiil. AD was zerging the map and PvP was boring for the most part. That was until I got to Vlastarus and there was a handful of EP & DC (including @FENGRUSH ) hanging out dueling. I decided to take part in the festivities. Fought Fengrush a couple times, learned my builds lack of burst is a serious issue against really skilled players. And back to the drawing board I go!
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And thus why I was cautiously optimistic, lol.

In other news, last night was interesting in Cyrodiil. AD was zerging the map and PvP was boring for the most part. That was until I got to Vlastarus and there was a handful of EP & DC (including @FENGRUSH ) hanging out dueling. I decided to take part in the festivities. Fought Fengrush a couple times, learned my builds lack of burst is a serious issue against really skilled players. And back to the drawing board I go!

If youre interested in duels @BaylorCorvette I can get you into Kena's Legend dueling guild. It's really helped me come a long way.

I didnt get into Shor until a little later as my group did IC dailies before open world - but lemme tell ya, we went to Cropsford and it was PACKED with EP presumably questing. Except they werent. Well, some of them were. . in any case - great 5v8s and definite struggle to hold the town. I made 153k ap last night and have no idea how. jumped from rank 120 to like 90.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have they actually had a lot of players there? I figured it would be hard to test with how few show up in Cyrodiil on PTS.

On another note; I was itching to log in and test last night. Got home from work to find my PC on but not showing anything. Started looking at it and found my dog had pissed right on the power supply! Half my motherboard was getting power; the rest was dead including anything near the processor. I was so pissed I couldn’t tell if the dog was afraid of me or the computer. Maybe he got a jolt out of it.

Guess I’m using it as an excuse to upgrade. Not majorly but the price for my old i5 and motherboard was almost as much as an i7