Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    1vXing + talking [snip] + serving justice to thots + slightly resembles him = @Joshlenoir

Couldn't have given a more accurate description of myself :kissing_heart:

Careful, you might gag.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 5:05PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Ran into 30 of em in the IC sewers yesterday. I doubt that's just accidental grouping with pugs.

Always scratch my head when I see this. It's like they don't know only top 12 dps get loot.. Or they DO know and are just keeping noobs around as meat shields for the physique wearers.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

Careful, you might gag.

No need to be rude adenoma. Since you seem to appreciate classy people.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally all anyone does on here is be rude. It's just folks glorifying folks that they agree with and vilifying those that they don't. A hearty majority of what you post is just degrading people for playing a game to have fun, but playing it in a way with which you take issue.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 2:34AM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like you, @DoctorESO . I wish I went to school to be a doctor of ESO.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 2:33AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally all anyone does on here is be rude. It's just folks glorifying folks that they agree with and vilifying those that they don't. A hearty majority of what you post is just degrading people for playing a game to have fun, but playing it in a way with which you take issue.

Adenoma you seem to always continue to miss the point. When you play the game to have fun, whilst disregarding the consideration of others, youre wrong.

Idk how this basic life principle has escaped you. I guess being an almost olympic swimmers and spending your days fly fishing elevates you to where you dont have to give a damn about others as long as you do you, right?

I could just say nothing sure! Roll over and take it. But the forums provide a platform for this kind of concern to be voiced. Again: there is a server community for shor and i am an advocate of it. Even if that means recognizing how playstyles can harm it.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're the moralistic "sheriff" of a server where you've arbitrarily taken the responsibility to dictate what is or is not appropriate PvP. Realistically, you've adopted a role where you tell people the only way to play is the way that serves your interests best. There are many people on this server and the vast majority of players do not take to the forums. This is an echo chamber of a vocal and myopic minority that you call the "community." I don't know what point I'm missing in that mix. Maybe if I made underhanded comments about playstyles I don't enjoy more then I'd see a little more legitimacy when you wax philosophical.

But man, you really should try fly fishing. It's super zen. The tug is the drug.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realistically, you've adopted a role where you tell people the only way to play is the way that serves your interests best.

This is absolutely not true. Im sure its what youd like to believe because maybe you cant find it in yourself to trust in a genuine person. But i have only ever spoke out against destro ball min maxed groups and in a past post, listed the playstyles it shuts out, which Happens to be ALL playstyles aside from its own, whom Shor does not regularly field. And zergs. Which benefits zergs and te pugs and zerg surfers.

So if were all being honest, zergs are probaby the one thing we cant complain about because it accommodates newcomers and generally speaking, less skilled players which is inviting to newcomers.

In any case, Adenoma, you really are something else man. Trust me, if i didnt care, i wouldnt have bothered. You can see when my forum account was created. 2014. I avoided these forums for 3 years because i was doing what you just framed me for: pursuing my own interests in the game. But im here now, because i felt like helping to build a server with compassion, would benefit the current state of eso pvp.

Because the current state of pvp is a lot of selfish, jaded, inconsiderate people. Shor was the opposite of that for almost a year.

Yeah i probably need to shut up and move on. And i thought i did that. Again, this convo started with others, i probably ahouldve stayed put of it because i knew members of DR were lurking and waiting for my reaction to their abuse.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , you've got an odd paranoia that people from other guilds are lurking and waiting for some provocation. Nobody's up in arms until you insult how people choose to play.

It seems like the most "controversial" opinion I have to you is that I don't spend my time on the forums insulting other peoples' decisions about playstyle.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, and start fly fishing. It's great. Can't push it more. I caught my first rainbow trout this weekend on a tan San Juan worm, but I sort of fumbled bringing it in and didn't have a net. I didn't get an underwhelming trophy picture.
  • Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, and start fly fishing. It's great. Can't push it more. I caught my first rainbow trout this weekend on a tan San Juan worm, but I sort of fumbled bringing it in and didn't have a net. I didn't get an underwhelming trophy picture.

Always wanted to try fly fishing. Haven't done it yet though.
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Scrub_Potato , my best friend and girlfriend were super sweet and pitched in together to get me a 5 weight setup. It's probably a little overkill for trout in my state, but it'll let you do anything out West too. Then just followed a generic setup for a couple of streamers, nymphs, and dry flies. All told like $300. I've definitely spent more since because I lost a bunch of flies learning to cast, but now I can go out and not lose a single one (though I'm still pretty mediocre/bad at casting). Honestly, it's the best hobby I've picked up - I love it. I've been really into sport climbing/bouldering and trail running since I finished collegiate swimming, but this has been the most addictive.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Had a couple of really nice small scale fights vs. DR tonight. Glad to see you still have it in you :) See y'all out on the battlefield.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Cold91
    Cold91
    ✭✭✭
    @Adenoma
    Fly fishing is awesome, the trout in the Sierra Nevada mountain range streams weigh like 3 pounds but fight like 10 pound bass. I haven't gone in years and don't have the gear anymore, I hunt now and sitting in a cold tree stand at 4 am is a good substitute.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can concur with Caspar, had some good fights on the fringes with DR, despite the recent forum drama. Found a lot of good fights and good action away from the faction stack.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a week of pvp... a real whirlwind.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I almost didn’t respond to this since I find this kind of ludicrous and should be considered naming and shaming but since I wasn’t there and no way I could have been there I thought I would respond. Darkest Requiem is primarily a US Prime Time guild. I can pretty much guarantee you, I and most of my guild were probably offline and asleep at 4 am CST; therefor there is no way we could have been zerging down any map at that time. I am not saying there was a possibility of seeing any DR taburds as we do have some members who live in other parts of the world but not many. We are a small guild of approximately 68 members some of whom are inactive but were founding members so I don’t have the heart to boot them. We do good to have 16 members on at one time if we have more than 12 in group the sun & the moon & the stars must all align. Mittens hasn’t been in DR for sometime, he left in good standing and is always welcomed back. Crazyblonde is not in DR. We are officially still homed on Sotha so yes you have probably still seen us there but most likely not at those hours. We took a break from that server to visit Shor which is the new Haderus since that is where the guild started. It has sentimental meaning to me since Haderus was the first campaign I committed to when it came out and I fought on it since it was an AD buff server. We are a small to medium scale guild if we run above 12 -14 it is a miracle. The only way we will ever knowingly faction stack is if we are forced to play the map such as defending emp. I haven’t been checking the forums lately due to an rl family emergency. However, I want to go on the record as saying I shouldn’t have to defend my guild from anything put on the forums especially after this summer when people couldn’t even mention or hint at a guild who pretty much single handedly tried to destroy Sotha. Also for the record we aren’t them or like them. I will also say we have reached a full raid in the past but not since our 2nd Birthday last month. We as a guild haven’t done any of the actions that people on this forum have said we have, this is a witch hunt and should have been stopped by the moderators long before this.
    Edited by Dutchessx on February 5, 2018 4:49PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been having some moderate success back baring ice staff in cp pvp. Mainly it started as a joke but my frostplar is soon to be an iconic shor meme. I look forward to “chilling” out cyro with mUh magical ways.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    I have been having some moderate success back baring ice staff in cp pvp. Mainly it started as a joke but my frostplar is soon to be an iconic shor meme. I look forward to “chilling” out cyro with mUh magical ways.

time-for-everyone-to-chill-out.jpg
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I spent all day Saturday with a DW/ice staff magplar. It was awesome having a root. And getting similar mitigation to S&B while being able to run ele drain feels like cheating. I run it without the block-costs-magicka passive, though.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a week of pvp... a real whirlwind.

agreed
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    I think you are neglecting to realize that all 3 factions are flipping the map off prime time and when there is a resistance to it they log out.

I don't think anyone is arguing that AD/DC don't do it too, but its FAR more consistent that EP does it. Attributing to their win every week.

The aggressive AD playstyle this week still failed to catch up to the night/morning capping EP.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    We as a guild haven’t done any of the actions that people on this forum have said we have, this is a witch hunt and should have been stopped by the moderators long before this.

Nothing I said in my original statement was factually incorrect. We can argue til the cows come home (that's how the saying goes, right? I didn't live in a farm so) about the exact times your Guild has night or morning capped the map, but in the grand scheme of things it's irrelevant because there are two main things I was getting at with my original post.
    1. For the past week, players have logged on and red (EP) has had every single keep on the map with scrolls. Then the emperor is a player from your Guild. this usually starts during the night but by the morning the map is painted one color.
    2. especially In the morning and sometimes during the night (mountain time), I and others have logged On and seen members of your Guild defending trip keeps while also, having all the scrolls and emp buffs.

These two points are undeniable truths, and the fact that you're trying to pass it off as nothing more than a witch hunt is disingenuous to what is trying to be discussed here. Nobody has a vendetta against your Guild but when the map is painted one color, all the scrolls are on one side of the map and then players who PvP in the morning try and take their trikeeps back and are met with an 8man emp group there will be a significant amount of discontent. The funny thing is, before I started writing this statement, and as I'm writing it now, EP has emp, most of the map, and the emperor is someone from your guild.
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I I want to go on the record as saying I shouldn’t have to defend my guild from anything put on the forums especially after this summer when people couldn’t even mention or hint at a guild who pretty much single handedly tried to destroy Sotha. Also for the record we aren’t them or like them.

You don't need to "defend" your Guild against anything, nobody should need "defending" from the truth. Nobody is making unsubstantiated claims or fabricating lies against your guild. Everything we've said is backed up by general knowledge and consensus by people who PvP on Shor everyday, as well as screenshots with timestamps.
    As for your second statement, are we (once again) going to beat the dead horse that is the claim that the Guild I belong to was responsible for destroying the population balance on sothasil? to that I have two things to say.
    1. Saying my Guild of currently 17 people, some of which don't play AD or group with us is responsible for killing an entire campaign is (once again) turning a blind eye to the truth. I'm not sure how it is now but at the time sothasil had a huge AD population and would cap all the keeps in the evening / night but not the morning. AD had the largest zergs during primetime and it made people not want to bother logging in the next day/evening. On top of that you have to realize sothasil hasn't had a emp from any Guild pull of what Kita did in a very long time in terms of fighting entire guilds on his own or at the very least with minimal help, whereas other emps from other guilds didn't improve much due to lack of knowledge concerning class mechanics in relation to the power buff of emp. So now people had to deal with large AD zergs and a single player that could wipe 15+ groups by himself.
    2. Sothasil also died because DC had the smallest population and EP only wanted to PvP when they had most of the map or a member from one of their guilds was emp. I know this because I switched to EP, and once I became #1 on the leaderboard nobody wanted to help me get emp so I ended up moving my entire Guild over to EP to fight AD (something you've never done when EP is overwhelming in population) and try to balance things out after I got emp. You nor any other Guild on EP were anywhere to be found during the time I was doing this, you all logged off and complained the Guild who at the time was fighting with them on their own faction to balance out population was responsible for killing the campaign, it makes 0 sense.
    If anyone's trying to start a witch hunt it's you, spreading false information about both my Guild and I like that saying our, at the most- 8 man groups "killed a campaign".

Edited by Joshlenoir on February 5, 2018 7:44PM
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, you guys are beating your head against a brick wall trying to argue the point.

Each guild obviously has representation in here, why can’t everyone just agree to show some common respect and decency and work to build the server into something good instead of destroy it for selfish motives or an ego boost??

Also, this is Shor. Stop bringing Sotha drama to another campaign. Other actions in other campaigns should be irrelevant, and anyone bringing bad blood into a new camp are just salty.

Own your actions ma dudes

Much love
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Montayva wrote: »
    Honestly, you guys are beating your head against a brick wall trying to argue the point.

Each guild obviously has representation in here, why can’t everyone just agree to show some common respect and decency and work to build the server into something good instead of destroy it for selfish motives or an ego boost??

Also, this is Shor. Stop bringing Sotha drama to another campaign. Other actions in other campaigns should be irrelevant, and anyone bringing bad blood into a new camp are just salty.

Own your actions ma dudes

Much love

very well said!
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, if the Sotha crowd could go away, that'd be great. Go play in the campaign you ruined yourselves, tyvm.

Also, for a dude who complains about guilds nightcapping, you sure do like to push trikeeps at 4AM.

Edited by gabriebe on February 5, 2018 10:53PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Montayva wrote: »

This.

1307793940001.png

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Seriously, if the Sotha crowd could go away, that'd be great. Go play in the campaign you ruined yourselves, tyvm.

Also, for a dude who complains about guilds nightcapping, you sure do like to push trikeeps at 4AM.

Please provide the screenshot of me pushing enemy keeps at 4am.. the closest I came to pushing any keep was last night before maintenance I stopped EP (who night capped emp) from taking ADs scrolls,
    Last I checked I was fast asleep that late seeing as I have 9am classes. Nice try though.
    Also saying we ruined an entire campaign when our groups rarely reach 10 is just your way of saying we're a serious force to be reckoned with. So I thank you for that. :kissing_heart:
    Edited by Joshlenoir on February 5, 2018 11:00PM