Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    The rise of the Stambros?

Pretty much that bread has risen, gone stale, rotted and sprouted a bunch of tomatoes in the garden after a trip in the compost bin.

One thing I think that'd be hilarious but would bring a lot of diversity in the gameplay would be to remove Dawnbreaker from the game. The stambro tears would hydrate the Sahara desert...

Lulz. You’d remove the only useable ultimate available to stam sorc, stamplar, stam warden and, sadly enough, magplar. Believe me players of any of these classes would be more than happy to have other options.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those classes have other ultimates available but they're not using it because they're terrible compared to dawnbreaker. It would be fun though for their natives ultimates to be reworked so that they are a viable alternative, like take flight is for Stam DK.

But I'd be happy to see the consternation for the 2 weeks between the removal of Dawnbreaker and the 'improved' ults patch. I'm just semi-venting because it's like 50% of the ults I see in Cyro and I'm usually a vamp lol.

Edited by gabriebe on January 25, 2018 2:46AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Those classes have other ultimates available but they're not using it because they're terrible compared to dawnbreaker. It would be fun though for their natives ultimates to be reworked so that they are a viable alternative, like take flight is for Stam DK.

But I'd be happy to see the consternation for the 2 weeks between the removal of Dawnbreaker and the 'improved' ults patch. I'm just semi-venting because it's like 50% of the ults I see in Cyro and I'm usually a vamp lol.

Again it’s not really by choice, even without the removal of db, if Templar got a good class ult, if other stamina classes (outside of NB) had options, you’d see variety. DB is fun but I’m about as sick of using it on ever build as you are of getting hit with it.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 25, 2018 2:50AM
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    And I thought the dueling community was a salt fest.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • AGGROxander_Hamilton
    As a templar , I prefer dawnbreaker for smiting evil daedra.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

See, what they should really do is make dawnbreaker a templar ult and give crescent sweep to the fighter's guild...
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See, what they should really do is make dawnbreaker a templar ult and give crescent sweep to the fighter's guild...

Crescent sweep O....... oh wait... no ... i cant even lie about that .... lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

Honestly crescent sweep isn't *that* bad, but the animation is so unsatisfying.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“Isn’t that bad,” should never be the description for any ultimate lol.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

No argument here : P

But seriously, it CAN hit for enough to justify slotting, especially if you need an aedric skill on that bar for the passive (and maybe are backbarring a more expensive or defensive ult.

Then you hit and, and your character swings a wet pool noodle around their head. Woo. Yay. Ultimate.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But seriously, it CAN hit for enough to justify slotting, especially if you need an aedric skill on that bar for the passive (and maybe are backbarring a more expensive or defensive ult.

Then you hit and, and your character swings a wet pool noodle around their head. Woo. Yay. Ultimate.

LMFAO
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sound needs a rework and it should just send everyone it hits flying backward 5 meters and stun them.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes it bad is it is now stam when DB is already stam and better. Should have left Sweep Magicka. Nova already offers a magicka defensive boost so empowering sweeps would have been better for stam.
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭

Dammit man, that is the best description of the ultimate! Lmao
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Empowering Sweep can be useful in defense, 10 sec damage reduction by 15% (or more, assume at least 19%), and the cheap cost means you can have a high uptime with it. Pair it with wizards riposte and it’s basically better than major protection. Damage may not be great but it’s still a dot and would work with valkyn skoria too. That’d give you more ability to stay on offense and pressure your opponent.

The problem is there’s not a lot of burst there, so if you’re fighting multiple players then you may save a different ult for the other bar — DBoS or shooting star.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crescent sweep is so underwhelming. I saw someone use it the other day and the only awe factor was that someone was actually using it.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Crescent sweep is so underwhelming. I saw someone use it the other day and the only awe factor was that someone was actually using it.

I've seen a few players using it to very good effect in tight small groups. It's better than DBOS in an ult bomb if someone else is using DBOS/Leap for the knockdown and all of your opponents are grouped in front of you.

The only time I've liked it solo was on my stamplar when I was using Reverb as my main CC. Reverb into Jabs into Sweep hits really hard. But that doesn't scale to outnumbered situations very well.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • AGGROxander_Hamilton
    Me and the Bois just potatoing out in Shor:

https://youtu.be/NlFAjKBN0Zo

what addon is that on the top left man?

AP meter is the addon, dropping a second video of us and some great fights outnumbered again later today prolly will post it in the alliance war thread tho.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a really nice add-on to make sure you're in range of the keep. And the little AP Meter that tells you how close you are to the next Alliance ranking kind of works as an incentive.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes wolf, I did see you : ))
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @Valen_Byte when i saw the "u were killed by dixon" i was like oooooooooooooh heeeey there lol
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 25, 2018 7:40PM

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lmao, wasnt sure if you saw me or not. I never look at names when Im fighting. Only noticed it was you after the fact. But then you found my pile of ashes on the stairs and I was all like, WOLF!!! hah good to see friendly peeps.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk wtf everyone's on about, Beetlejuice is a hilariously surreal comedic romp that has stood the test of time with audiences everywhere.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/beetlejuice/

Fun for the whole family - get some culture prudes!
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ng7ez4.jpg

Edited by Valen_Byte on January 25, 2018 11:09PM
    GM of BYTE
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    lmao, wasnt sure if you saw me or not. I never look at names when Im fighting. Only noticed it was you after the fact. But then you found my pile of ashes on the stairs and I was all like, WOLF!!! hah good to see friendly peeps.

Lol.... didn't see u at first until the death recap.... then after i got rezzed i tried to find u to kill u back lol .... but u were already dead :(
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 25, 2018 11:12PM

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did everyone besides Drak and me grow up without Beetlejuice? Ya'll need some culture.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of us know what Beetlejuice is. It doesn't make whatever the joke is funny. I mean it doesn't match up. Is someone supposed to show up after 3 salt posts?
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol

but when youre all AD bro buds, you gotta nudge nudge wink wink each other.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just like Lost. Not many chances to use a Lost quote lol.
    GM of BYTE
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and the Bois just potatoing out in Shor:

https://youtu.be/NlFAjKBN0Zo

what addon is that on the top left man?

AP meter is the addon, dropping a second video of us and some great fights outnumbered again later today prolly will post it in the alliance war thread tho.

thanks man, ive seen that addon used but couldnt find what it was