Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    I find it kind of ironic that Shor has picked up now that Requiem has dropped to around 8-9 a night consistently.

in any case, Shor is indeed a completely different animal these days. Darkest Requiem have been maining on the server more and more, Priase the Sun has been more permanent, I saw a full 24 man of Dominion Knights in IC just last night, Fengrush and Essa kh have moved in with a guild, Working as Intended, Iron Legion, and now Heroes of Nirn (lul) - I dont recognize this world anymore.

With that being said, I take my group to the fringes, occasionally reinforce the zergs, go to IC, and recently, GvG opportunities have presented themselves via Irylia's hosted events. some thing i would greatly encourage for you @Durham you can reach out to me, or i can give you the discord right here.

So with that being said, I officially pass the torch/badge of defender of Shor, Sheriff of DC, and premier DC representative of Shor. I cant compete with the new blood. Shor is still my home though, and I will continue to maintain my values and playstyle that helped lay the foundations of a Shor that was realized for nearly an entire year.

And thank you all that shared that dream with me.

You didn't choose the Sheriff life, it chose you.

When I first came to Shor I think there was a solid dc player base of about 10 lol.

[nostalgia]Those were the days...[/nostalgia]
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /agree

We run on shore with 4 to 8 on most nights.... Its been rough.. Last night I saw a huge AD battle group feeding the blue last night and now I know why so many people have came here from other servers.... We really hate large scale PVP 24 v 24 ...
    We more of a casual playstyle that has been very successful here on Had and Shore for over a year .. We have enjoyed the fights with fimilar oriented guilds (Mostly blue there have been a few Red) over the past years ... However with Blue running a Warlord group of 4 to 8 and 10 other blues following them ... and Yellow running a full battle groups feeding the other players ... Animosity on the map even though they they tend leave us alone ...the rest of red does not venture out unless they are in 12 mans and up ( this has been an ongoing issue with red)...... Also keep in mind the yellow side on Vevic and Shore are the lower pop faction now .... Every night we have less numbers then the other two sides ... It is rough !!!! lol ....

How bad is it to be a small man yellow atm...... I made a blue charactor last night just so I can get some farming of Tel stones done lol..... Hard to make a red we have been fight the red zerg for years lol ...

Edited by Durham on January 19, 2018 3:25PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it kind of ironic that Shor has picked up now that Requiem has dropped to around 8-9 a night consistently.

in any case, Shor is indeed a completely different animal these days. Darkest Requiem have been maining on the server more and more, Priase the Sun has been more permanent, I saw a full 24 man of Dominion Knights in IC just last night, Fengrush and Essa kh have moved in with a guild, Working as Intended, Iron Legion, and now Heroes of Nirn (lul) - I dont recognize this world anymore.

With that being said, I take my group to the fringes, occasionally reinforce the zergs, go to IC, and recently, GvG opportunities have presented themselves via Irylia's hosted events. some thing i would greatly encourage for you @Durham you can reach out to me, or i can give you the discord right here.

So with that being said, I officially pass the torch/badge of defender of Shor, Sheriff of DC, and premier DC representative of Shor. I cant compete with the new blood. Shor is still my home though, and I will continue to maintain my values and playstyle that helped lay the foundations of a Shor that was realized for nearly an entire year.

And thank you all that shared that dream with me.

That Dominion Knight was just farming Stones probally,,,, There is only one large yellow guild on Shore and they pick up randoms in Zone chat... I just hope my guys do not get to discuraged trying to ride this out .... We might try the GVG stuff out but we are more casual minded group that does not take this game very seriously so some of these folks we are fighting probally are wearing costumes with posters on the wall and crap while they play......
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    /agree

We run on shore with 4 to 8 on most nights.... Its been rough.. Last night I saw a huge AD battle group feeding the blue last night and now I know why so many people have came here from other servers.... We really hate large scale PVP 24 v 24 ...
    We more of a casual playstyle that has been very successful here on Had and Shore for over a year .. We have enjoyed the fights with fimilar oriented guilds (Mostly blue there have been a few Red) over the past years ... However with Blue running a Warlord group of 4 to 8 and 10 other blues following them ... and Yellow running a full battle groups feeding the other players ... Animosity on the map even though they they tend leave us alone ...the rest of red does not venture out unless they are in 12 mans and up ( this has been an ongoing issue with red)...... Also keep in mind the yellow side on Vevic and Shore are the lower pop faction now .... Every night we have less numbers then the other two sides ... It is rough !!!! lol ....

How bad is it to be a small man yellow atm...... I made a blue charactor last night just so I can get some farming of Tel stones done lol..... Hard to make a red we have been fight the red zerg for years lol ...

Hang in there AD, we do need you. EP has too many people on around the clock. When I come in to play on off hours and try to (usually unsuccessfully) stem the red tide, it’s good to see some yellows fighting down south. EP came in full throttle today (for Shor anyhow), dethroned in what was about a 10v3 and then pvdoored our scrolls with emp. We really could use a small staunch group of both DC and AD in those times. Don’t need a lot, just a handful of solid fighters.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was funny last night ... ended up jumping into shor for a bit on my lvl 14 .... forgot how much not having weapon swap AND only a 3% mount SUCKED lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    was funny last night ... ended up jumping into shor for a bit on my lvl 14 .... forgot how much not having weapon swap AND only a 3% mount SUCKED lol

Slow mounts are the worst, just make account wide already.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make alts early, feed mounts often.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

difficult though when its a spur of the moment build idea lol ... just created the char wednesday
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 19, 2018 5:03PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭

Riding lessons are about the only thing I spend crowns on. Once it becomes clear I'm going to keep the alt around, time to get 60 riding lessons!
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    It really has been tough to be an AD recently.

A few weeks ago we had a decent run with Emp, and a decent population when Known Shitters(?) was out in force. I however have a personal beef with the person who was Emp, and did not help AD during that time. It was the first time I have ever entered PvP on a character that was not AD, took my one and only, not even max level DC character into Shor to try and help dethrone the AD emp.

I had beef with the guy before he became emp that week for taking scrolls and being a troll with them during my first ever emp reign the week before, but he damaged our alliance during his reign by gate camping the other two factions, and just generally being an ass. After that week was over, we felt the wrath from his actions hard, with both DC and EP pissed about being gate camped the entire week before. Since this series of events I feel like the AD population has never really recovered. And he has apparently abandon the campaign after causing the mess, since I have not seen him since. Guessing he was just in Shor to get Emp easier, and doesn’t give two *** about it.

With all that having been said, my duo and I are still in Shor on AD nearly every night for a couple hours at least, running with a small group of friends, or just duo, doing what we can. It can be fun being the underdog sometimes!
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tzayad wrote: »
    With all that having been said, my duo and I are still in Shor on AD nearly every night for a couple hours at least, running with a small group of friends, or just duo, doing what we can. It can be fun being the underdog sometimes!

That's the thing, I think being on AD is great as long as you don't care about emp mechanic, the map, or the campaign score.

If all you look for is fights, they are plentiful and varied right now, especially solo/duo and small group stuff.

Shor doesn't have quite the cancerous "send 40 to a random resource" mentality, you can usually get good 2-12 person skirmishes if you are patient and creative...

But be ready to ride from Faregyl a lot.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see the large scale on Shor is picking up. I think Shor will benefit from more meta groups.

Tonight was good fun.
    Edited by Vilestride on January 21, 2018 6:53AM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some good fights. Feel comfortable saying we never got outplayed, just got zerged down repeatedly by DC. Not much support from AD locals after Fantasia and Mano's group left :/
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Good to see the large scale on Shor is picking up. I think Shor will benefit from more meta groups.

Tonight was good fun.

Please... no....
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that the large groups there are trying to fight modern military with bows and arrows. Everywhere gets colonized eventually.
    Edited by Vilestride on January 22, 2018 1:11AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :frowning:
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tonight was good fun.

I hope you’re trolling. The beauty of Shor is (was?) good 1v1 to small/medium scale. Otherwise we just go have an awful time in Vivec.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been in there twice in the last week and found a solid full group of DC to fight along with an emp beside them. And then the time before that a well organized AD group that was always fun to fight on vivec. Couple that with what I am reading in this thread and shor sounds like a large scale paradise.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well hey @Vilestride you cant judge shor on the last two weeks: it's literally the two weeks Fengrush returned to the game and he is going to bring hordes of Stream Followers. For the past YEAR -- EP has consistently won the campaign by wide margins and zerged the map much more.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No judgement. I thought it was good.

Though I suppose that in itself is a judgment though.
    Edited by Vilestride on January 22, 2018 1:21AM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh most of the EP groups don’t seem too fond of actual pvp though. Once we wipe them once or twice with our 8-10 they tend to be scarce. Though if @Vilestride ‘s group frequents the server with their usual number we’d be hard pressed to overcome that.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well hey @Vilestride you cant judge shor on the last two weeks: it's literally the two weeks Fengrush returned to the game and he is going to bring hordes of Stream Followers. For the past YEAR -- EP has consistently won the campaign by wide margins and zerged the map much more.

EP is still zerging pretty hard in off hours! Although come to think of it late last night was pretty action packed for Shor at that time. For once it was AD pvdooring our scrolls.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I heard that the large groups there are trying to fight modern military with bows and arrows. Everywhere gets colonized eventually.

I like how you are comparing large scale with colonization, what is largely considered an insensitive and poorly guided action.

The definitions of colonization literally point to how large scale (of various sorts) often ruins small and medium scale :smile:
    Edited by Glory on January 22, 2018 2:40AM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »

I like how you are comparing large scale with colonization, what is largely considered an insensitive and poorly guided action.

The definitions of colonization literally point to how large scale (of various sorts) often ruins small and medium scale :smile:

There’s no better explanation for what’s happened to Shor in the past couple of weeks. You earn a genuine insightful.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great civilizations like Rome are built off the back of smaller, now irrelevant ones. The price of progress is high.
    Edited by Vilestride on January 22, 2018 3:40AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't really matter to me. Either way; I got my ass kicked tonight. Back to the drawing board and back to more practice.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great civilizations like Rome are built off the back of smaller, now irrelevant ones. The price of progress is high.

I’d hardly say that meta zergs are progress.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter to me. Either way; I got my ass kicked tonight. Back to the drawing board and back to more practice.

I will share with you my secret for not getting my lil ass kicked in shor.
    1-find group of big mean orcs to hide behind. Preferably LOM because they make the best big mean orc meatshield!!
    2-pewpew with wild abandon from behind big mean orcs.
    3-run away if big mean orcs die.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

I will share with you my secret for not getting my lil ass kicked in shor.
    1-find group of big mean orcs to hide behind. Preferably LOM because they make the best big mean orc meatshield!!
    2-pewpew with wild abandon from behind big mean orcs.
    3-run away if big mean orcs die.
    Rinse and repeat.

I’ve been known to do that but it’s not great for finding out how good or bad you’re doing. It can however be worse as the masses can mess up your burst combos by tossing free CC immunity out. At least with unorganized. Saw a couple duos and small groups where that orc would get the attention and even if you go for the squishy; their movement gets you LOSed with said orc. With this games great targeting system and no collision detection at all
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    "Progress"
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock