Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    speaking of sheriffing. . . lets talk about this triple EP zerg that was on last night. Particularly <Priase the Sun>. Committing the same offenses as TM (initially) only on a LARGER scale. I'm almost willing to give them a pass though because they were a bunch of sh*tters. TM definitely has that style down pat much better than PtS does.

It was REALLY good 2 bar across PvP up until 10PM EST. LoM brought in "a few other guilds" to help Crown his man and DC basically overwhelmed the remaining keeps. It wasn't long after the coronation though that AD and EP lit just about half the map and it was frantic battle after battle to maintain that emp. I logged at 10:45 as I had pretty much lost steam hue hue hue.

Shor is no longer a poor defenseless little boy. No, Shor is a man, all grown up with a full chest of hair!!!

Beetlejuice.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey TM I’m trying to emp my potato friend in shor how many more beetlejuices are we away from making that happen?
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on January 4, 2018 9:07PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We desperately need a small group of DC and AD on off hours. Where all the Aussies at? There used to be a few dedicated DC around but I haven't seen them on for a long while. When I first came to Shor they said they always played there no matter how unpopulated. Every single, freaking night the map looks like this, with some EP group pvdooring the map with literally no players from either AD or DC on, like not even one. I know it doesn't matter to most of you, but if there are any Aussie/Asia players in DC/AD still reading this forum you can pretty much guarantee yourself a bit of small scale.

sUSN3T3.png
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is nobody likes to PvDoor, and you need to do a good 30-60 minutes of PvDooring to get a relatively normal map after this.

And then you usually get no resistance whatsoever and become the PvDoorer.
    Edited by gabriebe on January 5, 2018 5:06AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged on around 11am yesterday(jan 4) and what i found was EP owning the whole map except for AD tri keeps. Thats right, they had everything except AD’s tri keeps.

Meh whatever right? I go in and start taking back warden and rayles only to be met by a 6 man organized EP group defending glademist against no more than 8 DC who were all soloing and generally scattered about. Including myself.

I was really surprised, honestly. Not so much that it was happening, but who it was that were defending.

Anyways, i dont want to get into all that. I have no control or really any further influence on this campaign. Players make campaigns what they are. You want to camp gate keeps? Thats absolutely your prerogative, but its toxic behavior in terms of campaign health.

Its already demoralizing to have to claw back your gate keeps, let alone have them hyper aggressively defended against.

Other than that, primetime was a blast as Shor is usually these days. Made 160k ap Tues, 160k wednesday and around 200k today. EP still has a hard on for DC. But hey at least they stay logged on after 9pm!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged on around 11am yesterday(jan 4) and what i found was EP owning the whole map except for AD tri keeps. Thats right, they had everything except AD’s tri keeps.

Meh whatever right? I go in and start taking back warden and rayles only to be met by a 6 man organized EP group defending glademist against no more than 8 DC who were all soloing and generally scattered about. Including myself.

I was really surprised, honestly. Not so much that it was happening, but who it was that were defending.

Anyways, i dont want to get into all that. I have no control or really any further influence on this campaign. Players make campaigns what they are. You want to camp gate keeps? Thats absolutely your prerogative, but its toxic behavior in terms of campaign health.

Its already demoralizing to have to claw back your gate keeps, let alone have them hyper aggressively defended against.

Other than that, primetime was a blast as Shor is usually these days. Made 160k ap Tues, 160k wednesday and around 200k today. EP still has a hard on for DC. But hey at least they stay logged on after 9pm!!

I’ve asked several of the groups why they do this pvdooring exercise, and they usually just respond with something like “we enjoy playing this way.” So idk. Surprisingly, one night I logged on it was a quite well known and good player on an EP toon taking scrolls. I’ve changed my attitude towards pvp pretty drastically in the past few weeks. There are just too many players who don’t care. We can try to have a good time or not. You’ll always get zerged down no matter what be it a 6v1, a 20v6 or a faction stack v 1 lol. And there will always be pvdoor groups. That said would still be nice to see some AD/DC off hours population. But as others have mentioned it involves pvdooring back (boring), and most pvdoor groups will vanish after losing a fight or two.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't you play on Sotha on DC when they regularly pvdoored the map while NA was asleep?

Like the only PVP we got there at the end was against a faction that had emp and scroll buffs consistently, many of which then logged when they lost those.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Didn't you play on Sotha on DC when they regularly pvdoored the map while NA was asleep?

Like the only PVP we got there at the end was against a faction that had emp and scroll buffs consistently, many of which then logged when they lost those.

Yeah? So what? Doesn’t mean I advocate for it. There’s a reason I left Sotha. Most of us are well aware of the bs that went on in that campaign on all sides. The whole point of coming to Shor was to find a different community, one that didn’t condone pvdooring or nightcapping (unless there was a fight to be had). Are you suggesting that EP groups are justified in pvdooring on off hours because DC did it in another campaign? That’s exactly the kind of thinking that makes every campaign fall into the same mess.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    8:45 am EST. Ep emp and two others gate camping northern high rock gate. Is this a thing in Shor?
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    8:45 am EST. Ep emp and two others gate camping northern high rock gate. Is this a thing in Shor?

There's pretty much zero consistency in Shor. It's real hard to say what is and isn't a thing.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

There's pretty much zero consistency in Shor. It's real hard to say what is and isn't a thing.

Alrighty then.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP gate camping/tri keep camping is actually a regular thing atm.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think EP has a ton of PVE'rs that login as the map flips ... Also when the map flips they tend to log in and do skyshards/ quests and dungeons ... They generally move to the tri-keep region because that is the region they need... Also they want to kill the campaign at that point because they have no interests in PVP......Many will hang out in groups of 6-12 waiting for solo'ers trying to take back stuff (Easy AP for them... However they are extremely easy to kill if you get them in tower and use structure)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a recent thing in shor. And its only EP v DC thing. AD remains respectful enough and are left alone.

Its THE vicious cycle youve seen ruin other campaigns. I can truthfully say EP started this as DC has never condoned gate keep camping. And being the one that has run the most consistent DC raid on Shor for better part of a year, that is in fact my call to make.

Right around when @manny254 got emperor a few weeks back is when i realized that there was something “off” with the temperament of EP. I got a whisper from Fostorn, raid lead of <Dreadlords> at the time (now <Torment>) which stated, and i quote:

“The one person i hate more than you on Shor is Mojican”

This was in context to why DC pushed Chalman instead of pushing Mojican’s dethrone.

Now that Mojican isnt too active on the campaign, Dreadlords (now Torment) has dedicated their whole ire towards DC and has regularly gate camped.

The problem is: they take DC scrolls, so DC takes them back and it looks like DC is going after EP gate keeps. And recently the DC have made this so routine, they take EP scrolls too.

this was the change in the landscape while i was off getting married for 14 days

So there you have it folks. This is what Shor is now. AD: youre pretty much not involved in this. This is Dreadlords/Torment seeking to grief DC because of ME and that was made clear by @Manlayan a couple pages back. He doesnt care about politics, Fostorn even less so, and they want us to deal with whatever they throw at us.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a recent thing in shor. And its only EP v DC thing. AD remains respectful enough and are left alone.

Its THE vicious cycle youve seen ruin other campaigns. I can truthfully say EP started this as DC has never condoned gate keep camping. And being the one that has run the most consistent DC raid on Shor for better part of a year, that is in fact my call to make.

Right around when @manny254 got emperor a few weeks back is when i realized that there was something “off” with the temperament of EP. I got a whisper from Fostorn, raid lead of <Dreadlords> at the time (now <Torment>) which stated, and i quote:

This was in context to why DC pushed Chalman instead of pushing Mojican’s dethrone.

Now that Mojican isnt too active on the campaign, Dreadlords (now Torment) has dedicated their whole ire towards DC and has regularly gate camped.

The problem is: they take DC scrolls, so DC takes them back and it looks like DC is going after EP gate keeps. And recently the DC have made this so routine, they take EP scrolls too.

this was the change in the landscape while i was off getting married for 14 days

So there you have it folks. This is what Shor is now. AD: youre pretty much not involved in this. This is Dreadlords/Torment seeking to grief DC because of ME and that was made clear by @Manlayan a couple pages back. He doesnt care about politics, Fostorn even less so, and they want us to deal with whatever they throw at us.

Butbut....I just wanna log in, hide behind some big orcy orcs and spam angry birds.....
    You get cliff racer and you get a cliff racer and you get a cliff racer!!
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what Shor is now. AD: youre pretty much not involved in this.

Most consistent thing in the thread, tbh.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on January 6, 2018 10:01PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we just let Shor die, and someday it will return to the small scale server it was. Once the griefers get bored and then the pvers get tired of being killed off. I’ve seen better behavior in Vivec lately than in Shor.
  • Manlayan
    Manlayan

Rickter, first let me congratulate you on your marriage, may it be long/lengthy, and full of love. Now as to the the Dreadlords we are still here and you will never see us Gate Camp... the Guild you are referring to as Torment are "former" dreads and do not carry our banner nor our values. We had a small split of sorts in the way we ethically play. So please in future posts refer to us as different guilds. but to be clear Dreadlords has not been replaced by Torment, they are their own entity not involved with us.

Hades
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah i sensed as such. Thank you for clearing that up, Hades. And thank you for the best wishes. I appreciate that.

I know the feeling. People getting too big for their britches, and splitting off. Happened to me at the end of November 2016. You either maintain the will to rebuild and outlast the haters, or you quit.

As for me, i outlasted the haters, built my own brand, and still going strong and watched the haters all but completely quit eso confirmed by multiple inside sources. I know i shouldnt grin in satisfaction but if you were in my shoes, i dont think you could blame me for how they treated me, my betrothed and some membrs of Requiem who remained loyal.

Best of luck to you and Dreadlords.
    Edited by Rickter on January 7, 2018 5:03AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah so this kind of just happened:
    Screenshot_20180109_005941.jpg

. . . . PicardOops.gif

Thank you from the bottom of my heart all the DC that helped me achieve this. It was truthfully unplanned but very well received.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah so this kind of just happened:
    Screenshot_20180109_005941.jpg

. . . . PicardOops.gif

Thank you from the bottom of my heart all the DC that helped me achieve this. It was truthfully unplanned but very well received.

Congrats man, you deserve this more than most. Enjoy it.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is the map this morning. . . keeping it classy EP. Notice AD has their gate keeps?

Im just waiting for the GM that says they advocate server health to come and defend DC gate keeps with an organized 6 man against the 3 DC pugs roaming around right now - then tell me im a crybaby and every person on their team teabags me when i call them out on being just like CN Daniel was on Sotha. . .

Screenshot_20180109_093915.jpg

Edited by Rickter on January 9, 2018 3:36PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is the map this morning. . . keeping it classy EP. Notice AD has their gate keeps?

Im just waiting for the GM that says they advocate server health to come and defend DC gate keeps with an organized 6 man against the 3 DC pugs roaming around right now - then tell me im a crybaby when i call them out on being just like CN Daniel was on Sotha. . .

i can't but notice that ........ u seem to be missing some skyshards behind our own gate
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

Im just waiting for the GM that says they advocate server health to come and defend DC gate keeps with an organized 6 man against the 3 DC pugs roaming around right now - then tell me im a crybaby when i call them out on being just like CN Daniel was on Sotha. . .

i can't but notice that ........ u seem to be missing some skyshards behind our own gate

aren't white skyshards ones that have been found (if you leave that option enabled)?
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

aren't white skyshards ones that have been found (if you leave that option enabled)?

TOUCHE!!!!
    < NoOb
    i have it setup so they disappear after i collect them
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

TOUCHE!!!!
    < NoOb

You owe me one naked AFK when I'm trying to make templar stealth bombing a thing. I'll pst you.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 where has pugz been lately? Seems like another dc guild has moved onto the server (Iron Legion) and i havent really seen the pugz in 2018
    Edited by Rickter on January 9, 2018 3:16PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yeah i leave the option open in case i need to help a team mate find a shard. I have 100% exploration in vanilla content through DB
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TOUCHE!!!!
    < NoOb

You owe me one naked AFK when I'm trying to make templar stealth bombing a thing. I'll pst you.

LOL

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 where has pugz been lately? Seems like another dc guild has moved onto the server (Iron Legion) and i havent really seen the pugz in 2018

I've been working on my old mag sorc ... he was one of the ones i still had in Kyne ... finally decided to just get him to 50 ... now i'm figuring out what to run on him ( i think i finally decided on something ) but i have to farm it .... We have had a few groups in shor though that ive taken part of the last few weeks ( nothing major )