Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    5. YMMV, but I've NEVER seen "calling someone out" for behavior in this game or ANY game actually work. Especially not in the heat of the moment.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFOq6jR0qoYTsfGnOMMQ1qOll1x-pxUHkjjdevuhDw_E8ocqbr
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Priority speaking
    This is primarily why we still use TS, and the quality does seem a bit better as well. We find discord to be handy because it's persistent. You can connect -- through pc or phone -- and chat (text or voice), read posts, get updates about times we run, and so on.

Edited by Kartalin on December 14, 2017 11:05PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find that Priority Speaking is extremely useful when I have to ask the 11 other people I am small scaling with to “Stack On Crown”.... otherwise It’s lost in the cringe moments of them saying things like “outplayed” or “Pact Up” or general stories of their pretend solo play. Priority speaking is very helpful for me during these times. TS3 #1
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    @DeadlyRecluse you could make a discord for Shor.

@A_G_G_R_O or @jaysins or someone did that for Sotha and it was a great, non-toxic place to casually discuss campaign issues without argument or rancor.

That would probably work out.

Come on now, no need for sarcasm, It was an explicitly toxic non safe place. Atleast @Rickter ‘s novels would be welcome there. And some real talk actually gets thrown down there. Also we have a shor vivec and maybe even a kyne chat (if I don’t get it deleted :smile: )
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on December 15, 2017 12:26AM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    I find that Priority Speaking is extremely useful when I have to ask the 11 other people I am small scaling with to “Stack On Crown”.... otherwise It’s lost in the cringe moments of them saying things like “outplayed” or “Pact Up” or general stories of their pretend solo play. Priority speaking is very helpful for me during these times. TS3 #1

I've literally found priority speaking useful with 3 people in teamspeak. 2 people playing the game, one *** who just came into channel and has an "awesome" story to tell...

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've literally found priority speaking useful with 3 people in teamspeak. 2 people playing the game, one *** who just came into channel and has an "awesome" story to tell...

Or that one guy that wants to talk about his armor and stats for 20 mins while you trying to call strats.

I wish everyone would use TS, Discord is horribly buggy, sometimes it just stops letting people talk, I'll be like, man the leader hasn't said anything in 10 mins....and the leader is like why is no one listening to me!!!

Or I'll say watch the flank 3 EP and no one listens....and we find out that I have to restart discord.
    Edited by Hexquisite on December 15, 2017 1:19AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »

Or that one guy that wants to talk about his armor and stats for 20 mins while you trying to call strats.

I wish everyone would use TS, Discord is horribly buggy, sometimes it just stops letting people talk, I'll be like, man the leader hasn't said anything in 10 mins....and the leader is like why is no one listening to me!!!

Or I'll say watch the flank 3 EP and no one listens....and we find out that I have to restart discord.
    U've cut out at least once.... that I know of so far in discord lol
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on December 15, 2017 1:47AM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discord drops my awful FPS from 40 to 20 in Cyrodiil.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TS would be better if the interface wasn't so horrible. It has a 1996 IRC feeling to it. Many times I have tried to enter a TS for trials and whatnot only to find out that the IP address I typed correctly just couldnt be found, and just gave up because I couldn't be bothered to do the 25 steps instructions laid out in obscure forums to (maybe) fix it.
    Edited by gabriebe on December 15, 2017 3:27AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    I like having priority speaking so I can hear over the heavy breathing and occasional panting after an intense fight.
    Edited by Sylphie on December 15, 2017 5:03AM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to leave an open Mic when I'm afk. Makes people really curious about my private life. It's fun.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter,
    A little insight from an earlier post: "...single target offensive ults (db and leaps)."

Those abilities are not single target.

Dae - TM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah our discord is in pure chaos, just the way we like it.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly no matter what program, the most important thing is to move your mic away from your mechanical keyboard. Annoying as hell.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly no matter what program, the most important thing is to move your mic away from your mechanical keyboard. Annoying as hell.

MUST destroy keys!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Munavar wrote: »
    Rickter,
    A little insight from an earlier post: "...single target offensive ults (db and leaps)."

They have aoe properties, correct - but how do you fire the skill? By single targeting enemies, right? Its not like a standard, or nova, or your favorite: the destro ulti

:trollface:
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Munavar wrote: »
    Rickter,

They have aoe properties, correct - but how do you fire the skill? By single targeting enemies, right? Its not like a standard, or nova, or your favorite: the destro ulti

:trollface:

DB literally isn't targeted. It's a straight up AOE.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My fiance hates the noise of mechanical keyboards. I tried everything from a mat underneath to a couple rubber rings under each key but wound up with my mechanical keyboard at my office at work. I've had requests to shut my office door on occasion.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

My fiance hates the noise of mechanical keyboards. I tried everything from a mat underneath to a couple rubber rings under each key but wound up with my mechanical keyboard at my office at work. I've had requests to shut my office door on occasion.

i don't play much when my fiancee is over .... might jump on for an hour but..... i try to limit my time lol ... shes normally trying to watch a movie and all she hears is key presses... cheering ... the occasional WTF!!!

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife thinks I'm to old to play a video game... She says old men should not play computer games... My arthritis agree's with her... But I do love pvp... even though I'm at a huge disadvantage to you younger peps...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    My wife thinks I'm to old to play a video game... She says old men should not play computer games... My arthritis agree's with her... But I do love pvp... even though I'm at a huge disadvantage to you younger peps...

im starting to get tendinitis...... im on a computer all the time technically lol .... my full time job is data entry then my second job is at a grocery store where i have to be on a register occasionally then i go home and jump on my gaming computer and play lol
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on December 15, 2017 3:05PM

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after 40 reflexes really start to drop... after 50 it's much slower then when you were in your 20's... Plus there is pain... not even going to go on about the 60 mark....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after 40 reflexes really start to drop... after 50 it's much slower then when you were in your 20's... Plus there is pain... not even going to go on about the 60 mark....

5 more years for the 40 mark for me :/ lol

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @A_G_G_R_O I know just ribbing you a bit. I respect what Jay was trying to do there and have told him so.
    gabriebe wrote: »
    TS would be better if the interface wasn't so horrible. It has a 1996 IRC feeling to it.

This is a turnoff for me too. I've often tried to figure it out...discord has such a clean and svelte interface. People actually pay for TS...so why can't they hire a UI designer? I've also wondered what Discord's revenue plan is. I do not notice a significant difference myself voice-wise or performance wise.

TBH you know what I like most about Discord? I REALLY like being able to scroll through my channels and see where the people are.
    ...even though I'm at a huge disadvantage to you younger peps...

I'm using line this more when I die. :lol: Though I used to think in mid-30s I was old for this, but there's a way more people in their 30's that play this than you think.

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

i don't play much when my fiancee is over .... might jump on for an hour but..... i try to limit my time lol ... shes normally trying to watch a movie and all she hears is key presses... cheering ... the occasional WTF!!!

We live together and actually have been together for almost 19 years (yeah, I know. If it aint broke, don't fix it)

Playing just means when shes around Im not doing voice chat and I have one ear out of my headset so that I am not "ignoring her."
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

We live together and actually have been together for almost 19 years (yeah, I know. If it aint broke, don't fix it)

Playing just means when shes around Im not doing voice chat and I have one ear out of my headset so that I am not "ignoring her."

lol ... i do the 1 ear piece on / off as well if i go into coms when shes over ... we only see each other 6 days a month currently ( we've known each other for 18 years though ) but she lives an hour away from me

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I wish I was in my 30s ... your not at much of one in your 30s. I would say after 40 reflex responses are definitely slower.. but after 50/60 you are much slower... I was an older gamer in 2001 when DAOC came out... That was the grandfather of this games PVP system... I do ok for my old a%##$"....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I wish I was in my 30s ... your not at much of one in your 30s. I would say after 40 reflex responses are definitely slower.. but after 50/60 you are much slower... I was an older gamer in 2001 when DAOC came out... That was the grandfather of this games PVP system... I do ok for my old a%##$"....

lol awesome! ... im a complete noob when it comes to mmos ... this is my first one ... only other pc games ive really played are FF8 and Assassin's Creed 1

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be in my 30's again. No cheater glasses, less icy hot and I didn't need that stupid little wedge pillow to keep my airways open at night.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I got 2 months :(