Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Fair enough @Adenoma but i can see what they are and will do to Shor. Which you dont seem to be nearly as concerned about than you are about advocating for them.

@Adenoma is the last person who would advocate for trashing a campaign.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Maybe he just wanted to learn more about PvP and felt that a group would help him? So instead you just insulted a new player, they got defensive, and you missed an opportunity to teach someone and get them excited about the small group play you advocate for so strongly.

You aren't really doing yourself any favors.

What am a I teaching them @Adenoma , honestly? Like really? like seriously? It’s close midnight it’s 1 bar pop on everywhere else and he is LFG to Zerg down folks like @Grimlok_S , which btw it was you and I felt bad. You can’t teach a man when to fight his enemy evenly when he is acting like a ####in ###sy.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I advocate trashing Adenoma.

On topic: TM was pretty great about moving on when Sotha wasn't offering them a challenge-. I'm sure they'll do the same with Shor if they find that their involvement is ultimately noncompetitive against what anyone else brings.

That may take more than one night to determine.

I do know that I've personally kept my guild in situations where the actual gameplay was no longer a challenge for far too long purely because the resulting forum pvp was so satisfying. Generally, personal attacks make people double down, regardless of right or wrong.

YMMV. I will say that I haven't had a ton of fun in Shor the past two nights, where I have been having consistently decent PvP for the past 2-3 weeks beforehand.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other issue with this kind of play that’s occurring this moment is that EP would rather camp bleaks and fight the few DC pugs that come along than defend their emp from a bomb Zerg. So it essentially just stalls the map while said zerg pvdoor the map.
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I just think the criticism and more personal/guild-oriented comments aren't helpful. Every playstyle is valid and it's silly to think so. I think many people don't want to adopt that playstyle and organizing is a big barrier for a lot of folks, but it seems weird to criticize it. Adapt and improve - that's what you should do if your goal is to progress your guild's PvP.

It’s not possible to defend against a destro ball zerg with 1.5-2x the numbers of a pug, even if you managed to organize into a legit pug group and get on coms. I’m sorry but it was just zerging tonight, not a “playstyle.” It takes them 3-5 passes to wipe us all even so, but it’s only a matter of time before you can no longer dodge roll and you’re hit with so many snares you can’t move around the keep anyway. At least with a pug you have a chance against other play styles or you can simply be out played by good fighters and that’s fine. With the kind of zerg destro trains run by said guild, it’s nothing to do with being outplayed and I think pretty much everyone except those involved agrees that it’s an exploitative playstyle that isn’t wanted. No one rules Shor and there’s no way we can put a stop to it, but how anyone can have fun engaging such tactics is beyond me when any player worth their salt knows it’s cheap play, unless they’re simply in it for the sake of griefing. I’m not even saying all players in TM are bad or aren’t capable of a 1v1, some are, but there’s just no excuse for continually facerolling keeps in this fashion, especially when you far outnumber your opponents.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i know i got trollie. I had a few glasses of wine at the ol saffron. Heh. Man that was wild. Sorry about that @Adenoma and Shor thread.

In any case @Vapirko nailed it in his post. “Exploitative” is a good choice of words in this regard. Why? Because again: TM knows that the demographic on Shor cant defend against the tactic. The fact that they admitted getting bored with “long drawn out fights” (lol it was 3 mins and happened one time) tells me they are here to grief. Its easy AP. Hit one button and watch 10+ players melt.

So this is exploitative and a form of griefing if they choose to stay because Rickter said some mean things to them.

Which btw, you guys think i take forum pvp seriously? Ol Drakkdjinn literally went through 3-4 pages to link every post ive made on the topic and no one batted an eye??! Even i wouldnt have thought to do that. While hes at it, how about grabbing every post made by the 5-6 TM #captainsaveahoes that came the rescue and put that in a manuscript for my entertainment.

#hypocritemuch
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh you know what? All this discussion aout destro bombing and i totally forgot about what happened right before TMs arrival on the server! There was an 18 man EP group with Dreadlords tags that appeared out of nowhere and hit warden and glade while AD literally took the last three remaining keeps. It was crazy! A group that size could have easily stopped ad from emping and still had a dc dethrone but they pushed out home keeps to hold a dc defense and ad was crowned. Then as soon as they were there, they disappeared!!! They came, pushed our home keeps then left after the ad emp.

Does anyone have any insight into that?

I will say that regardless of what it looked like, we held them for about 11 mins on warden farm and it was a pretty epic fight. My 13 v their 18, we had some pugs with us too i think but not many, idk it was too hectic of a battle. I think we did really good considering we had 2 healers and they had 4 plus throwing siege on us! Highlight of the night actually despite the ridiculous nature of it...
    Edited by Rickter on December 8, 2017 1:39PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    They probably wanted to fight players and not a destroy blob meat grinder.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

IWith the kind of zerg destro trains run by said guild, it’s nothing to do with being outplayed and I think pretty much everyone except those involved agrees that it’s an exploitat....
    Let me stop you right there. My good friend @Adenoma has shown me the light and despite destro cheese or slightly less numbers, you were outplayed. And if I am going to take anyone’s advice on recognizing what it means to be outplayed, I’d trust his. He’s made a career underperforming in eso’s most over performing class.

So take the loss vapirko maybe you coulda done better....
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing I don't understand about forum PvP is all issues can be settled in actual PvP. You can trash on guilds or players all you want but at the end of the day cyrodill doesn't lie, just install Shadowplay/Radeon relive and you'll never miss a dull moment again. So far on this forum the only individuals I know that can put their money where their mouth is are @A_G_G_R_O , and @Rickter. They may mess around on forums but will ultimately step up to the plate and back up their claims about themselves and their Guild in PvP, and even if they lose 1v1's or group fights they'll admit it and take the L. Unfortunately most people would rather turn forums into useless politics, then go on decline 100% of invitations to an even numbered fight with reasonable numbers or duels.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    The thing I don't understand about forum PvP is all issues can be settled in actual PvP. You can trash on guilds or players all you want but at the end of the day cyrodill doesn't lie, just install Shadowplay/Radeon relive and you'll never miss a dull moment again. So far on this forum the only individuals I know that can put their money where their mouth is are @A_G_G_R_O , and @Rickter. They may mess around on forums but will ultimately step up to the plate and back up their claims about themselves and their Guild in PvP, and even if they lose 1v1's or group fights they'll admit it and take the L. Unfortunately most people would rather turn forums into useless politics, then go on decline 100% of invitations to an even numbered fight with reasonable numbers or duels.

Politics is in some people's future on this forum lol.

Josh, you running on Shor mostly? How's the fights? If it's less zergy than vivec, I'll take those even if it means losses.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    From an AD perspective...

In 3 hours, there were 2 engagements with DC.
    • One that turned into a 'back cap' at Bleakers.
    • The second (towards the end of the night at EP's last emp keep) was where DC tried to 'back cap' Roe themselves. Most of the night it was engagements with EP (who had emp and usually the population).
    Yet, DC is here posting.

I am sure the random AD that I see running around and heal are enjoying not dying and therefor a higher degree of fun.

It is all about perspective.

Dae - TM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Last night there were too many AD compared to the number of EP/DC for us, so we consequently hopped to Vivec and proceeded to fight CN with 5 people.

Pretty sad day, Vivec honestly is garbage performance and the zerginess doesn't allow easily for smaller groups. Wish we could have had more fights in Shor but we're not going to overstack.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i know i got trollie. I had a few glasses of wine at the ol saffron. Heh. Man that was wild. Sorry about that @Adenoma and Shor thread.

In any case @Vapirko nailed it in his post. “Exploitative” is a good choice of words in this regard. Why? Because again: TM knows that the demographic on Shor cant defend against the tactic. The fact that they admitted getting bored with “long drawn out fights” (lol it was 3 mins and happened one time) tells me they are here to grief. Its easy AP. Hit one button and watch 10+ players melt.

So this is exploitative and a form of griefing if they choose to stay because Rickter said some mean things to them.

Which btw, you guys think i take forum pvp seriously? Ol Drakkdjinn literally went through 3-4 pages to link every post ive made on the topic and no one batted an eye??! Even i wouldnt have thought to do that. While hes at it, how about grabbing every post made by the 5-6 TM #captainsaveahoes that came the rescue and put that in a manuscript for my entertainment.

#hypocritemuch

Beetlejuice.
    Oh you know what? All this discussion aout destro bombing and i totally forgot about what happened right before TMs arrival on the server! There was an 18 man EP group with Dreadlords tags that appeared out of nowhere and hit warden and glade while AD literally took the last three remaining keeps. It was crazy! A group that size could have easily stopped ad from emping and still had a dc dethrone but they pushed out home keeps to hold a dc defense and ad was crowned. Then as soon as they were there, they disappeared!!! They came, pushed our home keeps then left after the ad emp.

Does anyone have any insight into that?

I will say that regardless of what it looked like, we held them for about 11 mins on warden farm and it was a pretty epic fight. My 13 v their 18, we had some pugs with us too i think but not many, idk it was too hectic of a battle. I think we did really good considering we had 2 healers and they had 4 plus throwing siege on us! Highlight of the night actually despite the ridiculous nature of it...

Beetlejuice.

Please, do go on...
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    Please do, this “[snip]post” is as compelling as your gameplay:

“R”... “W,W,W,W,W,W”

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 2, 2018 10:48PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apoxsee wrote: »

“R”... “W,W,W,W,W,W”

Beetlejuice!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

[Edited for quote]
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, well played
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bad
    Edited by mike.eso on December 8, 2017 9:18PM
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Josh, you running on Shor mostly? How's the fights? If it's less zergy than vivec, I'll take those even if it means losses.

I actually haven't been in cyrodill more than twice in the past week or two I've just gotten bored of the game. Shor is definitely where to go if you're sick of vivec zergs and want some structured quality small-medium scale PvP.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<3<3<3
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I actually haven't been in cyrodill more than twice in the past week or two I've just gotten bored of the game. Shor is definitely where to go if you're sick of vivec zergs and want some structured quality small-medium scale PvP.

Thanks man!

What game you playing now instead of ESO?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Apoxsee wrote: »

“R”... “W,W,W,W,W,W”

Beetlejuice!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I take my eyes off this thread for two seconds and someone summons Beetlejuice.... $&*#....

[Edited for quote]
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got destro trained by a certain 10 ish people on a resource guarded by maybe 4 pugsz this *** is so old. Haha no joke just watched them destro train ONE person. :D:D
    Edited by Vapirko on December 9, 2017 4:34AM
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that may explain a few things. It seems you are having some difficulty identifying a Destro from an Proxi.
    Dae - TM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor looked like Vivek light tonight. I mean, even my guild was out in force, and then there were destro trains running all over. That didn't bother me so much compared to seeing a lot of the lag of people frozen in place then snapping forward. Think I've had my fill for a while
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @DeadlyRecluse and @Adenoma you can assure us that <Tertiary Meat> had no hand in killing off Sotha Sil and there is no reason to believe theyd do that to Shor considering what a great place several people worked very hard to create, right?

Because from what ive seen so far from their unapologetic forum presence, and the three nights in a row of trampling on players that cant even defend themselves is telling me and everyone different.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    So @DeadlyRecluse and @Adenoma you can assure us that <Tertiary Meat> had no hand in killing off Sotha Sil and there is no reason to believe theyd do that to Shor considering what a great place several people worked very hard to create, right?

Because from what ive seen so far from their unapologetic forum presence, and the three nights in a row of trampling on players that cant even defend themselves is telling me and everyone different.

Look I'll be honest. Playing PvP and expecting other guilds to keep your well being or interests in mind is going to set you up for failure. In my experience it's safe to assume the guilds / groups you named will do whatever they want that brings them fun (as they should). For some people it's small scale, and for others it's zerging.
    I tried PvPing with 3 people I've never played with before on EP today and 100% of the time I fought AD a group of 8 somewhat organized potatoes would rush us with multiple Destro ultimates and earthgore procs to carry them from any pressure. They even went as far as to stare directly at us and light attack until they got ultimate before they decided to engage us just to hit their ultimates and rush us again despite the fact that they had 2x our numbers. It's just how PvP is now adays, it's a 1 button fire and forget form of gameplay/group comp however if it brings people fun but does nothing to give them a challenge or make them improve as players they'll keep doing it even if it's seen as souring the campaign from other people. It's just how it is.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on December 9, 2017 6:09AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah; its a lost cause. Best thing anyone can do is just get scarce and hit a different keep away from those groups and not feed them. Of course; its might be almost as futile trying to talk pugs to do the same rather than just keep fighting them. Especially when you are down to one emp keep left. My guild even stayed and kept sieging away tonight, which is fine. We run with a lot of new players and keep it pretty casual. So long as they were having fun I guess; I'd just prefer to move on.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

Look I'll be honest. Playing PvP and expecting other guilds to keep your well being or interests in mind is going to set you up for failure. In my experience it's safe to assume the guilds / groups you named will do whatever they want that brings them fun (as they should). For some people it's small scale, and for others it's zerging.
    I tried PvPing with 3 people I've never played with before on EP today and 100% of the time I fought AD a group of 8 somewhat organized potatoes would rush us with multiple Destro ultimates and earthgore procs to carry them from any pressure. They even went as far as to stare directly at us and light attack until they got ultimate before they decided to engage us just to hit their ultimates and rush us again despite the fact that they had 2x our numbers. It's just how PvP is now adays, it's a 1 button fire and forget form of gameplay/group comp however if it brings people fun but does nothing to give them a challenge or make them improve as players they'll keep doing it even if it's seen as souring the campaign from other people. It's just how it is.

Then explain to me why the servers reaction to 8-12 people is to run away and avoid them, or talk trash about a playstyle they clearly don't understand. There's no challenge in forum PvP or avoiding a group because they play a way you don't know how to beat. You can't improve as players by resorting to yelling "1 button easymode"( when it is far from that) and avoiding an actual conversation about group effectiveness. I don't know about you, but when I can't figure out how to beat someone, my first reaction isn't to start throwing a tantrum about how its not fair, which seems to be the standard Shor attitude.

After all of the ostracizing and drama over people just existing on a server, my biggest takeaway from Shor so far is that it has a lot of people that would rather complain about something different than ask some very basic questions about mechanics and group playstyles. And its that demographic that gets classes nerfed into the ground.
    Marek