Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its pretty obvious that the hypocrites here are TM. its fine. its whatever. It's wednesdays you guys like shor right?

wednesdays.

good to know.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    AMEN @casparian

hahahaha, No one wants you TM!! hahahaha

anyways:

@PenguinInACan I publicly bad mouthed the meta your guild utilized on a server that cant defend against it. I'd have nothing against you or your guild if you didnt do that. Get that through your skull. Im not repeating myself. You want to make this personal? we can all you want but frankly, youre a fool.

@kpittsniperb14_ESO
    your numbers are all wrong and I have a screen shot of Marek confirming there were 6 of you. nice try. I already admitted that we had one Earthgore amoungst my TWO healers. I didnt tell them to wear it, they took it upon themselves because i guess they felt it necessary considering (as Marek admitted) "2/3 of your 6 man" are healers/tanks (lol)

Why don't you guys just play the game and enjoy it for what it is, focus on having a good time together. Believe me, it will make time spent in ESO much more enjoyable for you

yeah that is exactly what we do!! imagine that!! scroll up - Monday and Tuesday nights on shor was AMAZING!! but when you try and push anything on the map and a group comes in and treats you like [snip] in a way you cant defend against, well then, how are we supposed to feel about that?

I think both of you would be singing a different tune if you werent the one's with the "ace in the sleeve meta group builds"

No I'm not making it personal. I don't take this game that seriously. If you do that's great. You called out my character. And my character is this: I defend my friends, my guild, and myself when someone is negative towards them.

And we have been on the other side of the meta. We were never offended by it. People play how they want and if we lose we lose. It's a game. It's supposed to detract from reality and allow you to be whatever you want. If you think that doesn't apply to "your" server then you are missing the entire spirit of what ESO is built on.
    Marek
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I defend my friends, my guild, and myself when someone is negative towards them.

Even when those friends/guild/family mistreat and disrespect others, in this case an entire server ecosystem?

hmmm interesting . . .

And frankly, do you think im doing any less than you are in defending this server and my guild?
    Edited by Rickter on December 7, 2017 5:13PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saw 6 AD Zerg down 1 lonely DC in tower doing his thing, his fight and resolve were Valiant.

Triple pop AD, no enemy online and started to witness LFG hitting zone chat off peak hours.... this is how sotha died.

This is how shor will die. Nothing more disgusting then seeing someone get utterly outplayed via numbers then to see said people in the frothing Zerg recognize a dead map then be like “LFG FOR SCROLL CAPS”
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yes your character was attacked Marek because you are in a position of leadership. If you tell your team to stop something, they will listen. and if they dont, they dont respect you and dont deserve your defense.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I defend my friends, my guild, and myself when someone is negative towards them.

Even when those friends/guild/family mistreat and disrespect others, in this case an entire server ecosystem?

hmmm interesting . . .

We're just going to have to agree to disagree then. From my point of view, we came to a server for smaller fights to relax, we had fun, we got tells from people saying they had fun fighting us. Then I look at the forums and see my guild called out as being disrespectful and nobody wants us there. So who is disrespecting who here?

I do not believe simply playing the game a certain way is in any way mistreating or disrespecting someone. If one of my friends/guildies/etc actually said something that was hateful, then that's a different story. But all of the negativity was started by yourself, so maybe try looking at whatever this is from a different perspective instead of trying to force people to change to fit what you define as respectable or acceptable.
    Marek
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could enlist with Molag bal and be a ruthless outlaw with no homeland and attack all in sight.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Wish I could enlist with Molag bal and be a ruthless outlaw with no homeland and attack all in sight.

Need a way to just make it so you can be undeclared and all are enemies outside your group. That could be cool.

@Rickter appreciate what you’re trying to do here, but I still think you’re trying too hard. If you see this stuff; as much as it’s frowned on; I’d just PVDoor keeps away from it and not give them anything to fight. There’s a line to toe there; as you don’t want to let them just capture all emp keeps and all that; but ball groups will get bored if people just avoid them in the open and entirely outside of siege from high ground.

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @A_G_G_R_O I think we need Serjustin in here more than ever, man
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serjustin19 we neeeeeeed youuuuuu
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our group stayed on a little longer than Requiem, with some of our guildies logging. Our group make up changes over the 2 to 3 hours I play on Shor but usually averages 4 to 8 when I play--capped by small numbers in the beginning and end of the time slot. We had some great fights earlier, won some, lost some.

Later, our last fight there was 6 of us, and many AD..They prob could've killed us without a Destro Ult Proxy Bomb Train, simply by the numbers. I guess that is the thing that is most aggravating about it, it's like the team of 20 that uses cold fire on 2 people.

At no time in the night, did our group have a sorc or a warden. We don't have a set team we run with, it's whomever happens to log on. I do wear earthgore on my healer, and I can't control who it procs on, it usually is procing on someone not in group or a random AP leecher:)

A few of us talked about what do to combat the destro ult bomb proxy meta. We know how, but, that would involve making people play certain skills, or classes, and excluding guildies who didn't fit the Meta who happen to be on and want to group.

My own personal decision is just to log off when the AD guilds that do this show up and go to Vivec. That kind of playstyle to me just isn't fun in a smaller campaign, and truthfully it's not a ton of fun in Vivec either, but it is a ton of AP.

These AD groups seem to be absent from VIvec, where they could make 4 times the AP doing this...So I don't know that logging off to not feed their AP, would motivate them to leave or play differently in Shor, I think they are motivated by something else.
    Edited by Hexquisite on December 7, 2017 8:15PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm curious to know how close the AD were to taking the scroll from Ghartok before we shut the gate behind them.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on December 7, 2017 9:14PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    Richter,

It is not just Wednesdays; this just happened to be a Wednesday.

All I see from the previous post is:
    1. Earlier in the night, "Our numbers prevailed and 'we' won! Good fights."
    2. Later in the night, "'We' have numbers and lost slowly. OK fights."
    3. Late in the night, "'We' have numbers and lost quickly. Bad fights." "To the forums!"
    The only one seeming to be upset is you. You do realize that any discussion you have where you using Josh's posts as support is a frail one? He is one of the last remaining Trolls that thrives one salt.

As far as Campaign health...
    1. TM did not actively assist with the Emp push (Emperor only hinders a campaign)
    2. TM never numbered more than 10 in group (usually had 1 or 2 not 'active' at any given time)
    3. TM stemmed EP's push south. Preventing a Red\Blue map which encourages more AD to login.
    4. TM 'played with' EP at Sej. Intentionally not taking the outpost out from under them (encouraged EP to fight and to (eventually) get a 'D' tick for their time).
    5. TM 'played with' the Werewolves, who I am sure, picked up a couple of 'O' ticks at Chalman Mine.
    Dae - TM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Munavar wrote: »
    The only one seeming to be upset is you.

Really? You think so? Man, give me that maxed out tunnel vision skill line you have! Seems like you willingly dismissed the other 5-6 people displeased with your team’s treatment of the server. I mean, why not right? Just shows everyone how little you care. Like ive been saying.

All that other stuff about how you promote health is negligible. If you cant see how driving away the competition with a playstyle that stifles entry level players and anyone that doesnt build that way, then thats part of the problem.

Anyways, we’re moving on guys. Ive said my peace and youve disregarded it. Oh well. I’m content with having stood up for what i believe and “fought on a hill im willing to die on”.

Seeing as how easily you guys got bored of “not using the meta” lets see how long you last when theres no one around on wednesdays because theyre going to vivec or actively avoiding you.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I started pvp in BlackWater Blade, @usmcjdking was the main pug leader of DC. I've watched his ways of leading and soon enough, I started leading pugs myself when he was offline. Then began a year of pug leading, started my guild PUGz of Daggerfall and we had some success in that, more casual, campaign. No need for voice chat, ball zerging or playing meta. You just play and have fun. Even up to this day, I still lead trough chat box rather than voice chat.

Recently, we were discussing about what we should do to be able to deal with TM's meta and Adamant just overall OPness.
    But honestly, I'm not sure if I want to restrict everyone to a certain role to "fit the meta" and start taking it all super serious.
    When I hear Hex tell that they aren't even allowed to talk in her other guild's voice chat, idk.. for me it's going too far :(

But hey, maybe I'm just a casual at heart, hence my toons/guild name.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    Which 5-6 are you referring to that are 1) not in your group or 2) not 1vXers that 'complain' about any group that is not in their acceptable range of the value for 'X'?

Moving on? So, for all of your 'high speech' from the 'high hill' you do not really care. You only care when you are beating up on casuals or using numbers against the 'small mans' for victories.

That quote of "bored of not using the meta" is taken out of context. That statement was made between 8:00 - 8:30.
    In that time, the TWO TM members were defeated by use of higher numbers (with destro ultimate involved) and a 2-3 minute fight 3v2 with EP that took a 4th person to resolve. After which EP 15v4 bombed (with destro ultimate involved)

As far as the 'Meta', mine has not changed significantly over the years. Of the 10 slots, maybe 4 have changed from time to time. There is no getting 'bored' of it. It is what it is.
    Dae - TM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember Batnado meta?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    I resisted being a vamp for years. It has only been on a few months on the current PvP toon.

I did not do the Reactive\Malubeth either.
    Dae - TM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw 6 AD Zerg down 1 lonely DC in tower doing his thing, his fight and resolve were Valiant.

Triple pop AD, no enemy online and started to witness LFG hitting zone chat off peak hours.... this is how sotha died.

This is how shor will die. Nothing more disgusting then seeing someone get utterly outplayed via numbers then to see said people in the frothing Zerg recognize a dead map then be like “LFG FOR SCROLL CAPS”

Hangs head in shame

That must have been me. Ales farm? Was wondering why your four didn't push in..seems you had your ear to the ground and heard the scream of cliffracers of destros firing up for me. Much resprect
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Munavar wrote: »
    I resisted being a vamp for years. It has only been on a few months on the current PvP toon.

I did not do the Reactive\Malubeth either.

I also resisted being vamp for years. I'm still a bit skeptical, I feel like I get rekt by those DB and magdks. But on a class where you got no cleanse, or speed buff, mist form sure saves your ass
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Munavar the fact that you keep replying to me shows that maybe you do actually care what i have to say and you see some truth to it. Its flattering. Thank you.

Im at a mediteranean restaurant right now called Saffron and a belly dancer just came out. Random i know.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , I'm not sure that's how things work. I don't really have a dog in this fight - just pointing out I don't think that's a fair inference.

And in my experience mileage varies a lot with belly dancers.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Munavar the fact that you keep replying to me shows that maybe you do actually care what i have to say and you see some truth to it. Its flattering. Thank you.

Im at a mediteranean restaurant right now called Saffron and a belly dancer just came out. Random i know.

You're welcome Rickter, and we're certainly flattered ourselves to see that anytime one of us sets foot in Shor, you feel you need to write a novel at a fourth grade reading level for the forums.

Here's a small extract of your work elaborating on just how much you love us:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4692450#Comment_4692450
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4694291#Comment_4694291
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4697999#Comment_4697999
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4698124#Comment_4698124
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4698148#Comment_4698148
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4698219#Comment_4698219
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4698225#Comment_4698225
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4698269#Comment_4698269
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4698288#Comment_4698288
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4698939#Comment_4698939
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4699160#Comment_4699160

That's some next-level respect for TM <3

I would encourage you to arrange these into a full manuscript for our entertainment, but I'm fresh outta crayons.

I'm at the ESO website doing PvForum right now and a belly acher just won't stop [snip]posting. Random i know.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 30, 2018 4:11PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Hangs head in shame

That must have been me. Ales farm? Was wondering why your four didn't push in..seems you had your ear to the ground and heard the scream of cliffracers of destros firing up for me. Much resprect

Yeah. I scolded the guy that was asking LFG after like isn’t it enough you are overpowering by sheer numbers alone, typical zergling got salty and called me a zergling lol.

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he just wanted to learn more about PvP and felt that a group would help him? So instead you just insulted a new player, they got defensive, and you missed an opportunity to teach someone and get them excited about the small group play you advocate for so strongly.

You aren't really doing yourself any favors.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TM currently running through bleaks lol. Really hope zos is working on this.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko just relax man, theyre just playing how they want in a chill environment someone else built for them. /sarcasm

My heart weeps for Shor. Now we know who really killed Sotha.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth I barely ever saw TM in Sotha. I think you would be hard pressed to say that they killed the campaign. What killed the campaign was the power vacuum caused by losing CN and the subsequent gate camping by emp and pop advantage that lasted about ten days and was a hit in the nuts of that server's population.

@Rickter , you've been vocal you didn't play that campaign so I don't think you've got the perspective to point fingers.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough @Adenoma but i can see what they are and will do to Shor. Which you dont seem to be nearly as concerned about than you are about advocating for them.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think the criticism and more personal/guild-oriented comments aren't helpful. Every playstyle is valid and it's silly to think otherwise. I think many people don't want to adopt that playstyle and organizing is a big barrier for a lot of folks, but it seems weird to criticize it. Adapt and improve - that's what you should do if your goal is to progress your guild's PvP.
    Edited by Adenoma on December 8, 2017 1:15PM