Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Deconstruct all your heavy armour it's useless again.

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a pve tank. Im not going to cry.
    Options
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    As a pve tank. Im not going to cry.

Shouldn't have a reason to, because they shouldn't be nerfing stuff this far into a game. There should be new abilities and upgrades. This is sad.
    Options
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good. It's getting stupid how many people run heavy. Between massive zergs and all the heavy armor I haven't barely played in months, maybe done entirely here soon if I don't find a reason to come back

I would love to come back btw. Just a bit salty at the current state of the game.
    Options
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Good. It's getting stupid how many people run heavy. Between massive zergs and all the heavy armor I haven't barely played in months, maybe done entirely here soon if I don't find a reason to come back

I would love to come back btw. Just a bit salty at the current state of the game.

Maybe if they hadn't been on this nerf rampage for so long, heavy wouldn't be so great. If you nerf damage then it makes armor better by default. How about some HA penetration abilities instead of plain old boring nerfs? These guys are out of ideas .
    Options
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Deconstruct all your heavy armour it's useless again
    What exactly is your definition of "useless"?
    confused24.gif

Might as well tank in light or medium depending if your a magicka or stamina tank both have better sustain and much higher damage. Tankiness comes from blocking not armour.

if you can tank in light or medium whats the issue? tanking is a skill not an armour ability,i've seen thousands of HA wearers that were crap at tanking because they didn't want to learn what a tank was supposed to do they just thought the armour made them a 'tank'.I have also seem light armour wearers tank fantastically because they know wth they are doing and what the fight mechanics need,if you tank via 'permablocking' you're just an oldschool meatshield
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    This is a good change. Heavy needs to be about survivability, medium for damage. There needs to be trade offs.
    That is already the case, though. :/ People already know if they wear heavy armor, it'll be at the expense of having more DPS.

Edited by SydneyGrey on October 14, 2017 5:47AM
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta say, I’m a stamina player in pvp and pve. DK, sorc, NB and even though this is tough to think about it’s in the right direction. It will make medium armor the damage choice without making it op and regulate heavy armor to more tank builds that can output some damage but not a ton. It is gonna be tough for solo players though especially against mag sorcs. But look if zos refuses to really balance that class then so be it, but at least we are in some respects looking at balancing pvp.
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I ain't even angry. The sustain AND damage from heavy armor pvp builds is stupid. Tanks in pve don't need damage, more so sustain.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It almost feels like you are fighting pve, pvp AND ZOS ... like what are they going to do to hurt me this patch??? It's just insane
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can already see ZOS changing it to a Health Regen passive.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waaah, I can't gave high defenses, burst damage AND resource sustain!

Always someone happy to see someone else's game messed up. This community is so toxic.

Youre over reacting . A long time ago everyone was running in light armor with great defenses , burst and sustain . No one but fools wore heavy then . The Devs caught on after a year and changed it . It was necessary because heavy armor was obsolete and medium was almost as bad . The pendulum will swing in any game you run off to so if you think changes games will save you this process you can save money right now by knowing it won't . There are plenty of other reasons to leave anyways but that issue is the same everywhere . Trust me I'm playing six different games and all are are going through balance changes with the same complaints .
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They'll just move along to the next cheese. Meanwhile, everyone else suffers.

They desperately need to balance PVP separately.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    waaah, I can't gave high defenses, burst damage AND resource sustain!

Always someone happy to see someone else's game messed up. This community is so toxic.

Youre over reacting . A long time ago everyone was running in light armor with great defenses , burst and sustain . No one but fools wore heavy then . The Devs caught on after a year and changed it . It was necessary because heavy armor was obsolete and medium was almost as bad . The pendulum will swing in any game you run off to so if you think changes games will save you this process you can save money right now by knowing it won't . There are plenty of other reasons to leave anyways but that issue is the same everywhere . Trust me I'm playing six different games and all are are going through balance changes with the same complaints .

heh, 'trust me i'm playing 6 different games' doesn't mean you're any good at them:)", but in all seriousness,could someone explain this 'pendulum' thing to me? how does a game like this get so out of whack so fast?
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »

Maybe if they hadn't been on this nerf rampage for so long, heavy wouldn't be so great. If you nerf damage then it makes armor better by default. How about some HA penetration abilities instead of plain old boring nerfs? These guys are out of ideas .

The Wrath passive was added recently.
    For the first couple of years HA didn't have any damage amplifying, as should be.

It just took them a long time to figure out it was a mistake to give HA a damage passive, even though we told them as much.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    they don't 'figure things out' they decide they will try to attract more players than they lose by changing stuff around,and hope the numbers stay up,player satisfaction has never been a Bethesda thing,just numbers
    Options
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Deconstruct HA in PvE because of PvP-based nerf again! :disappointed:

Deconstruct everything, and go back to stoneage! :D
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And once more the pvp tail wags the hulking great pve dog... just balance it separately and be done with it...

lol? Who is stupid enough to wear heavy in PvE if not for tanking? Enlighten me, how does this hurt PvE? Tank's self heal is reduced?

Alert, alert, we have a meta addict... we need an injection of open minded imagination stat!!
    Options
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Hmm... debating whether or not this will hurt my build.... Doesn't seem like it will. Just nerf players running around with fury a little.

Don't know how this will effect my Mephala themed argonian nightblade either(2veli,5shackle,5defiler SnB/two H)I mean I can still heal really well at the same time as cloaking with 19k magicka but the direct suprise attack damage will likely be hit.However if this change buffs the heavy attack passive then my werewolf build gets better(5jugernaught,5saviors,2malubeth Snb/Two H)
    I dont use fury or play stam dk so I guess Im fine I hope.
    Options
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    SnB running around stealthed,just roons meh mersion it does.....
    Options
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think armor should work like this:
    light armor passives:stam and mag sustain.
    medium armor passives:stam and mag dps and crits
    heavy armor passives:health and tankieness
    Options
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    Rahotu wrote: »
    SnB running around stealthed,just roons meh mersion it does.....

I did try and keep it to a theme.I would of preferred a teleport to safety ability for my character but the minor protection+unable to be hit by single targeted abilitys is just too good.that and summon shades teleport is extremely niche and requires pre planning to use effectively.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now if you have Heavy Armor you can't put out the massive damage a Medium/Light armor user can in PvP? Sounds fantastic to me.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least I have Skyrim to go back to as they make this game less and less fun. At least that doesn't get patched to screw over anybody doing anything good or fun, especially in pve when pvp is the problem they can't ever fix.

I already unsubscribed, after only being subscribed a short time anyway. I guess I just have to abandon the sinking ship sometime sooner than expected.
    Edit 2: This is if they actually did screw over heavy armor. I'm waiting to see if they will buff something in return for the removal of those stats.

Edit:
    FYI, I'm only talking about PVE, but I definitely wouldn't want to pvp in squishy armors either.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on October 15, 2017 11:33PM
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it's clear who's using HA in here and who's not :#:#:#

They announced it on ESO live. Not even in a PTS patch. A bit too early to lose your head, don't you think?
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Deconstruct all your heavy armour it's useless again
    What exactly is your definition of "useless"?
    confused24.gif

Useless as in "Oh boy, I cant use it in pvp anymore, so people can kill me again if I want to do some dps!". Pointless thread anyhow, as with all pvp-related threads.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The're not removing it they're just changing it so it'll take part of Rapid Mending role and Rapid Mending will get some changes also. It wont be dead. Heavy armor is strong right now and I dont see why slight changes would kill it.
    Options
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What worries me is that the Wrath passive replaced Bracing which used to do something else entirely(not related to weapon/spell damage), many people told ZOS back then that heavy armor didn't needed this new passive because it wasn't intended to be the kind of armor you wear when you want to deal damage. Flash forward to the present they are now again completely changing it.

It reminds me when ZOS added the 30% cost increase resource poisons , then against all odds buffed them to 60%, and then nerfed them again to 30%(after morrowind sustain nerf but still). And I'm sure that they have probably done similar stuff in the past with other skills, items,etc.

What I'm trying to say is that if ZOS has any kind of ''plan'' on where they want to take combat balance of the game. Do they just make random changes that they think will work out and then change/revert them 6 months later because they didn't?

Are they going to drastically change stuff with every ''Chapter'' like they did with the Morrowind sustain changes? If a big change or rework of something doesn't end working up like they thought it would are they gonna revert it or commit to it and keep tweaking more stuff?

I wonder if things like for example the ice staff made a tanking weapon or the Agony change are gonna stay or maybe they will just be reverted or reworked entirely again in the next chapter.

Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good. pvp is borderline stupid with the heavy armors everywhere...so dumb...

100% agreed...

The change making Heavy Armor incompatible with Shuffle makes me so happy that I'm giddy....why?

My character is highly tuned to the point to where my Light Armor wearing Magplar can go toe to toe with one of these Heavy Armor wearing Shuffle users and actually cause them to have to run from me for a period of time (and those that don't run from my initial burst typically die)...

What are they going to do against me when they are forced to either be more squishy or abandon Shuffle!?

They are going to get owned...

I cant wait until this change goes live...

The rivers will be overflowing with the tears of those I am going to slay; it'll be glorious...

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People whining about Heavy Armor in pvp continue to crack me up.

Oh well, I guess all of you need a couple patches of Light armor and Medium armor only be viable in PvP to make you remember why Heavy armor was buffed in the first place.

*grin*

Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thats look at thw rral reason some people take too long tp kill battle spirit.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options