Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Deconstruct all your heavy armour it's useless again.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean, the passive we didn't want to replace Bracing in the first place?

Options
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every patch something gets nerfed to the ground because of the sniffling whining cry babies.

Buffing med and light did anyone ever think of going that route?

The only reason HA is a meta and over performing is because Med and Light are weak in compare. If you continue to look at problems and approach their resolutions with the same critical eye and methodology you never progress. You simply stay on the same merry go round of whack a mole because you are responding to the mob, not the reality.

What reality malic? This kind of reality, if you ignore it (which we have LA and MA are weak and need a buff) then you get barnes. (for the dim witted, he represents HA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9QV4TCEEXs
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good. Wasn't running it on any of my characters in PvP. Hated it the moment I tried it. I reckon it will be a buff for PvE tanking which I do like.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #BringBackBracing
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... debating whether or not this will hurt my build.... Doesn't seem like it will. Just nerf players running around with fury a little.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    good. pvp is borderline stupid with the heavy armors everywhere...so dumb...

STOP TRYING TO BALANCE PVP AND PVE!
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If i play next update will be LA tank shield spamming with ice staff I guess :(
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, but... I like my Ebon Armory set!!!!

Just kidding. My tank will still wear heavy armor. If I want to be a tanky healer in PVP, I'll still wear my Plague Doctor.

Most Heavy Armor sets remain just fine for tanking. Calling heavy armor useless just because it is no longer preferred for certain builds is like declaring magWardens useless because they don't have top trial DPS. Adapt and overcome, or find something else that's fun to play.
    Options
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP solo play
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    add this to the removal of Shuffle from HA users and you kind of get the picture of where ZOS are heading with this

Someplace where Balance isn't a four letter word.
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    But, but... I like my Ebon Armory set!!!!

Just kidding. My tank will still wear heavy armor. If I want to be a tanky healer in PVP, I'll still wear my Plague Doctor.

Most Heavy Armor sets remain just fine for tanking. Calling heavy armor useless just because it is no longer preferred for certain builds is like declaring magWardens useless because they don't have top trial DPS. Adapt and overcome, or find something else that's fun to play.

Seriously tho. If your build relies on Wrath, I'm sure you can adapt.

OdinForge wrote: »
    Jawasa wrote: »
    @Rex-Umbra but heavy outperforms medium on every stamina build unless it's a gankblade pretty much for magicka it's more balanced more a question of what role you plan to play.

Lets wait and see what they replace wrath with.

They're replacing wrath with a passive that increases the amount of resources your heavy attacks restore. The new passive will be called revitalize, and they're making an unspecified change to rapid mending as a result.

I wonder if you get both stamina and magicka from heavy attacks with this passive (and not just one or the other)
    Odin banker - obv banker

Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d4a.gif
    Edited by Tryxus on October 13, 2017 8:38PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not heavy armor no matter how much you cry babies whine about it. The problem is the simple fact that light and medium armor do not offer sufficient benefits to out weigh the lack of defense in pvp and no amount of nerfing heavy armor will change that.

The truly laughable part is that getting rid of the wrath passive won't change a thing. Wrath only becomes useful if you can fully stack it and the only players who have any chance of making to max stack and still be alive are permablock tanks and guess what folks, people who build for permablock do jack all for damage even with wrath at max stack.
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    I wonder if you get both stamina and magicka from heavy attacks with this passive (and not just one or the other)

"This reads like a nerf, if u never used it and were annoyed when others did, but will be a buff if u figure out how to adapt."
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you guys really understand.

It's not that the build relied on wrath, there just isn't any reason not to be in light armor now.

Unless medium gets buffed, LA just performs better than Heavy or Medium (for PvP)

Why stick to subpar armor when you can get better results using light?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    The problem is not heavy armor no matter how much you cry babies whine about it. The problem is the simple fact that light and medium armor do not offer sufficient benefits to out weigh the lack of defense in pvp and no amount of nerfing heavy armor will change that.

Kinda agree with that, maybe if they removed shield stacking via a minor/major system or something else they could buff light armor and then rework some undodgeable skills to be dodgeable to help medium armor.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This reduces spell and weapon damage in heavy armor, in PvE you can just run light or medium outside of hard hitting bosses. Nobody go dps in heavy in pve.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol guys, you realize it's going to be replaced with a defensive passive that makes trolls tanks even more annoying, right?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    All it means is shield-spamming magicka toons (which are already cancerous in PvP if played well and handle themselves just fine against the HA meta) will once again completely dominate cyrodiil.

Nothing new here folks. Move along.

Ah well, I guess I'll get to enjoy my knight-slayer and oblivion gear again.

I thought that, but when I actually have run medium armor and got onto a shield stacker, if they don't go offensive at some point and just keep trying to keep shields up, they will do so until eventually that health bar will start to move.

Now; harness magicka facing a magicka DPS is a different story as you wont out pressure their resources.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who cares when you have sets like Fury, Ravager, Seventh Legion and Armor of Truth? Like literally, who cares? Plus I bet that they will replace the passive with a new more tank centered passive. So yeah, losing 200 weapon damage might suck a little bit, but with all the insanely strong sets and the rest of the strong passives, Heavy Armor isn't going to die easily.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Jamini wrote: »
    All it means is shield-spamming magicka toons (which are already cancerous in PvP if played well and handle themselves just fine against the HA meta) will once again completely dominate cyrodiil.

Nothing new here folks. Move along.

Ah well, I guess I'll get to enjoy my knight-slayer and oblivion gear again.

I thought that, but when I actually have run medium armor and got onto a shield stacker, if they don't go offensive at some point and just keep trying to keep shields up, they will do so until eventually that health bar will start to move.

Now; harness magicka facing a magicka DPS is a different story as you wont out pressure their resources.

that is what CP are for... just throw on a bunch into siphoner and the "anti-shield" cp, and then get some magicka poisons, and you got your anti-shield stacking damage
    Odin banker - obv banker

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Who cares when you have sets like Fury, Ravager, Seventh Legion and Armor of Truth? Like literally, who cares? Plus I bet that they will replace the passive with a new more tank centered passive. So yeah, losing 200 weapon damage might suck a little bit, but with all the insanely strong sets and the rest of the strong passives, Heavy Armor isn't going to die easily.

That's all Stam oriented, I agree those that run those won't be affected much. Everyone else though will be.

So you'll see more of what you listed + more light armor.

Less diversity
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this means we'll see more people in PVP in light armor stacking shields. And with regards to weaving heavy attacks - in pve its one thing, weaving them in pvp on melee weapons is quite another thing.

We keep adjusting our builds because ZOS can't seem to figure out what they want. Either that, or they keep changing their minds. This will likely be the end of my stamina templar, though.
    Edited by Rudyard on October 13, 2017 8:51PM
    Deacon Grim
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

This reduces spell and weapon damage in heavy armor, in PvE you can just run light or medium outside of hard hitting bosses. Nobody go dps in heavy in pve.

Nobody who knows what they're doing runs DPS in heavy armor for PvE. You'll still find randos in the dungeon finder who learned their build on youtube, and try to take full heavy Impen into vICP, then get combative with everyone else when they can't push 10k.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Gina just said on ESO live they are removing the wrath passive next update. Seriously HA has been nerfed every patch since Dark brotherhood. Light and Medium will now be best for all roles and situations and Heavy is back to being useless.

its better to have this removed,

Heavy armor should not abuse for DPS!
    Options
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the love of God ... stop all the nerfs!
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina just said on ESO live they are removing the wrath passive next update. Seriously HA has been nerfed every patch since Dark brotherhood. Light and Medium will now be best for all roles and situations and Heavy is back to being useless.

Doesn't affect me. I only tank when I wear heavy armors.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its better to have this removed,

Heavy armor should not abuse for DPS!

I cringe everytime I see someone saying something like:

"Tanks shouldn´t be able to do damage because in all other traditional mmo´s I´ve played tanks don´t do damage....reeeeeeeeeee!!!

People say it´s a good change but have 0 **** clue to why the change was made... and still doesn´t realize that the loss of 200 weapon/spell damage won´t do 2 *** towards the heavy armor meta....
    Options
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Losing 200 damage wilp not effect me in PvP. Id trade that for sustain in a heart beat. Ive played heavy armor nightblade since console release, its still in a better place now without wrath then it was then.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
    Options
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorry this will not remove the "cancer" in PvP. See this cancer you guys speak of is a player base that is far superior to you.
    Options