The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Has ZOS Abandoned PVP?

• Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol well i just finished writing my own thread about this a few minutes ago and to my surprise someone at zos has finally commented on something about cyrodil.. Coming from a solo player on xbox, who cant cast abilities or bar swap in 95% of the fights ill have in pvp on any given day, cyrodil needs some work.. like i said in my post... Mechanics, nerfs, and metas aside, if you cant cast abilities and bar swap without major delay, then you cant play..

@ZOS_GinaBruno Im happy to see you commented i just hope it will help xbox, we have had these problems for a long time. I dont know if campaign adjustments will help but i am always hopeful, i just want to play without these delay and lag issues, thats it.
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

SATIRE but I could absolutely see this being the likely notes:

Cyrodiil

Balance Changes
    • The ongoing door-maker strike has grown to encompass Keep door-makers as well. Hopefully no one will be hurt going inside enemy fortifications.
    • The goblins in Cracked Wood Cave have had their AOE damage increased by 2.25%
    • Templars now are permanently CC'd when entering the zone.

Cyrodiil Server Changes
    • In order to deal with ongoing lag in Vivec, we're opening two new servers - Sweetroll and Pacrooti. Both servers will be 7-day No CP Campaigns.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

Ten days ago @ZOS_GinaBruno ...did I miss the big reveal?
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

"In lieu of any lasting changes or improvements to open world PvP, we have added additional costumes to the crown store. Enjoy."

Open world PvP is a mess. There hasn't been any significant changes since the introduction of IC. The lag has been going on since 1.6, no significant fixes, and even no response on what testing provided them. Population losses. Empty campaigns, etc.

I came from DAoC and all of my guildies and friends PvP. Open world PvP is our end game and it hasn't seen any meaningful additions or changes in a loooooooong time (over 2 years since IC). Most of them have left and moved on. I want to believe there is more coming, but I have come to understand that they don't care about Cyrodiil. I want a Cyrodiil improvement and expansion DLC, enough with all the PvE already. There have been so many great community ideas on fully using the map, changing/adding things, adding overland PvPvE monsters, etc, etc... but no chance they will ever get added. Matt Firor helped develop DAoC and knowing he was involved was the reason I started playing. It's a shame he and ZOS have abandoned Cyrodiil and PvP. Maybe one day Camelot Unchained will be finished.

Edited by RandomName123 on October 20, 2017 5:07PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"In lieu of any lasting changes or improvements to open world PvP, we have added additional costumes to the crown store. Enjoy."

Open world PvP is a mess. There hasn't been any significant changes since the introduction of IC. The lag has been going on since 1.6, no significant fixes, and even no response on what testing provided them. Population losses. Empty campaigns, etc.

I came from DAoC and all of my guildies and friends PvP. Open world PvP is our end game and it hasn't seen any meaningful additions or changes in a loooooooong time (over 2 years since IC). Most of them have left and moved on. I want to believe there is more coming, but I have come to understand that they don't care about Cyrodiil. I want a Cyrodiil improvement and expansion DLC, enough with all the PvE already. There have been so many great community ideas on fully using the map, changing/adding things, adding overland PvPvE monsters, etc, etc... but no chance they will ever get added. Matt Firor helped develop DAoC and knowing he was involved was the reason I started playing. It's a shame he and ZOS have abandoned Cyrodiil and PvP. Maybe one day Camelot Unchained will be finished.

Camelot Unchained as the DAoC spiritual successor and Crowfall as the Shadowbane (but without all the lag / cheats hopefully) spiritual successor.

Keep an eye on them and we can both hope something replaces this game and GW2 as the only major current gen open world RVR style games.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I think we seriously need to consider whether ZOS has just stopped giving a care when it comes to PVP in general.

Chronic issues that would be simple to address (empty temporary campaigns that badly need to be closed) have not even been commented on. Numerous feedback threads with long, thoughtful writeups that were posted in extremely constructive manners have been ignored. The PVP population dwindles more and more every day with Sotha Sil now essentially dead and all NA PC players not even able to keep the one remaining active campaign pop locked through the entirety of prime time.

At what point is the dream dead? Is this the equivalent of maintenance mode, just for one section of the game?

When do we give up? At what point does ZOS even reply to us?

Agrippa, you know better than anyone the history of PvP in this game. I was there with you for the first three years.

The game has steadily gotten worse as time has passed. Ive read up on whats changed in the year since I left the game, and I am borderline horrified for those that are still here.

I am glad I got out when I did, if I hadnt quit last year, id have quit this year for damn sure.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    ...and I am borderline horrified for those that are still here.

and we, who are still here, have no chance to escape this pleasently creepy feelings when we LogIn and feel comfortably numb when we LogOut... we are addicted, but we know it could be better !!!

"In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I think we seriously need to consider whether ZOS has just stopped giving a care when it comes to PVP in general.

Chronic issues that would be simple to address (empty temporary campaigns that badly need to be closed) have not even been commented on. Numerous feedback threads with long, thoughtful writeups that were posted in extremely constructive manners have been ignored. The PVP population dwindles more and more every day with Sotha Sil now essentially dead and all NA PC players not even able to keep the one remaining active campaign pop locked through the entirety of prime time.

At what point is the dream dead? Is this the equivalent of maintenance mode, just for one section of the game?

Agrippa, you know better than anyone the history of PvP in this game. I was there with you for the first three years.

The game has steadily gotten worse as time has passed. Ive read up on whats changed in the year since I left the game, and I am borderline horrified for those that are still here.

I am glad I got out when I did, if I hadnt quit last year, id have quit this year for damn sure.

I blame Camelot Unchained and Crowfall for not being out yet.

When Wolfenstein 2 releases later this month, I'll be spending a lot of time murdering the crap out of Nazis.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camelot unchained graphics look god awful... it’s like looking at daoc graphics...

Crowfall is equally horrible looking... if you’re gonna do WoW graphics, at least make it comparable...
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Camelot unchained graphics look god awful... it’s like looking at daoc graphics...

Crowfall is equally horrible looking... if you’re gonna do WoW graphics, at least make it comparable...

I'll take average graphics at 60fps over good graphics at 24fps.

As a comparison... I did some Skyreach today due to the XP bonus and my FPS stayed pegged at 100fps the whole time.

On average, in pvp, it hovered between 24-33fps so far today with occasional dips into the teens.

I'm running a very powerful rig with a current gen video card. It should not be having this issue and this issue in and of itself is a massive contributor to the losses of playerbase we've suffered.
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Mickydanz wrote: »
    A glimmer of hope! like 80% of the forum posts have been PVP related. I was skimming the the forum and I saw a reply from ZOS, I almost jumped out of my seat. Now lets see what these adjustments will be.

Oh yes so much hope they will add another Burma town with 3 stupid flags that no one cares about to fight over.
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    Is that what they said the change is going to be? a new town ?
    Cropsford Mayor
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When Wolfenstein 2 releases later this month, I'll be spending a lot of time murdering the crap out of Nazis.

Ashes of Creation going into alpha 1 next year as well (alpha 0 this December) :smile:

Definitely worth checking out.
    Edited by DDuke on October 22, 2017 9:16AM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    DDuke wrote: »

Ashes of Creation going into alpha 1 next year as well (alpha 0 this December) :smile:

I heard that game does not have any Light/Heavy Attacks? Is that true?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »

I heard that game does not have any Light/Heavy Attacks? Is that true?

Sort of - they have a "basic attack" that's like a keystroke based combo system where you need to hit it at the right time to generate "Focus" (equivalent of ESO's ultimate I guess) - all very pre-alpha, so subject to change I guess.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭

I have no faith in you.
    ZOS failed every promise. You only make cheaters and zergs more and more stronger.
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Gol Barr
    Gol Barr
    ✭✭
    after hate of teh game i left
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah Right.

I left basically permanently and saw this thread because Agrippa was the author. Holy Molly the Devs are still top tear Guarshite. Just read different Dev post saying, "Yeah we still see this annoying forums that we have going to respond to for the third year of just saying hold on" Jesus people here a list of Alt games.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

https://www.crowfall.com/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

this games Is trash.
    Edited by sirston on October 23, 2017 3:48AM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hqdefault.jpg

66e0df235e1ccfd9f29688cb70f9a56d--spongebob-memes-spongebob-squarepants.jpg
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭

At least some of you fools are still sane, only took you two years longer to realize.
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hqdefault.jpg

66e0df235e1ccfd9f29688cb70f9a56d--spongebob-memes-spongebob-squarepants.jpg

32d0863ec2e2aec806b0449507f9c5.png
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few things I saw on the notes today:
    - cyro swords bug should be fixed
    - camp list back to two 30 day (nCP and CP), one 7day CP, and lowbie camp
    - golden vendor now gives 4 sets of yellow jewels (2 overland and 2 dungeon). She might give all rings or all ammys.
    - overland sets are bind on equipped.
    - jewels prices are 150k gold with 300000 AP for overland and 250k/500k for dungeon sets.
    - Ava announcement settable.
    - camp name will show on map.
    - new BG mode (and CP BGs). Relic fights don't need your relic anymore, if I read that correctly.
    - performance says " In this update, we’ve been hard at work improving the performance of the client. We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements. Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph. Together, these two additions have resulted in significant gains in frame rate and improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings, including in Cyrodiil."
    - purge debuff reduction bug fixed
    - various changes to abilities.

That's all I saw. Maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno can elaborate on some items.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing the PvE campaigns is a decent start and I hope the performance fixes are effective.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Killing the PvE campaigns is a decent start and I hope the performance fixes are effective.

in my mind, it could be a good change:
    - "We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements"- Given that players can combo 3-4 attacks in a few seconds, this might be a good performance change (and one we didn't think about.)
    - "Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph." IDK what a Scene Graph is. Is this the same "graph" Wheeler mentioned eons ago? Good change if its a same. That means they were able to find additional improvements where most of us thought there werent any to be found.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

- "We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements"- Given that players can combo 3-4 attacks in a few seconds, this might be a good performance change (and one we didn't think about.)
    - "Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph." IDK what a Scene Graph is. Is this the same "graph" Wheeler mentioned eons ago? Good change if its a same. That means they were able to find additional improvements where most of us thought there werent any to be found.

According to Google, a Scene Graph is:

"A scene graph is a general data structure commonly used by vector-based graphics editing applications and modern computer games, which arranges the logical and often (but not necessarily) spatial representation of a graphical scene. A scene graph is a collection of nodes in a graph or tree structure."
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"A scene graph is a general data structure commonly used by vector-based graphics editing applications and modern computer games, which arranges the logical and often (but not necessarily) spatial representation of a graphical scene. A scene graph is a collection of nodes in a graph or tree structure."

I did not understand any of that, so i needed to read up on it.

As I self-converted the wiki page text to more laymen terms, it seems I understand a scene graph as a way for the computer to organize reference information in order to render 3d scenes. After that, I'll need to keep reading to understand it more, but its sounds like ZOS is looking how it's game is rendered in order to fix areas it feels make performance lag.

Please anyone correct me if im wrong lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

As I self-converted the wiki page text to more laymen terms, it seems I understand a scene graph as a way for the computer to organize reference information in order to render 3d scenes. After that, I'll need to keep reading to understand it more, but its sounds like ZOS is looking how it's game is rendered in order to fix areas it feels make performance lag.

Sounds about right.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds about right.

::puts on tin hat::

If how the game renders is being looked at, we can assume ray tracing/light plays a factor in how objects are viewed. So therefore it WAS the lighting patch that broke PVP ;)

Half-kidding.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds about right.

::puts on tin hat::

If how the game renders is being looked at, we can assume ray tracing/light plays a factor in how objects are viewed. So therefore it WAS the lighting patch that broke PVP ;)

Half-kidding.

Shockingly, I'm not going to disagree with you here, having lived through it and watched the entire playerbase yell at ZOS to revert the patch.