The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.3

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Destructive Impact: Increased this item set’s cost reduction for Destructive Touch to 30% from 12%, and increased the bonus to its direct damage to 2000 from 1500.
    <<<I think you meant for this to be in quotes.

@ZOS_Wrobel
    This still doesn't really address the fundamental issues with the Master Destro staff. Destructive Touch is a skill in bad shape already. It's weak and costly, so this staff feels like an attempt to simply get the skill to a workable spot rather than add anything interesting or enabling to it. At the very least, the extra damage should effect every tick of the skill. It's a DOT after all. Personally, I'd like to see a more interesting additional mechanic associated with it. Let it make the effected target take 5% more damage from that element for the duration of the skill, for example.

The cost was reduced by another 15% and the bonus damage was increased by 25%. I'm not sure what you mean it doesn't address the fundamental issues. Not a big enough change perhaps? I mean it looks like they directly addressed those issues.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    [*]Clever Alchemist: This item set’s proc now requires that you are in combat for it to function.
    Developer Comments:
    This solves the issue where some players would activate their potion with this item set, then completely switch their gear to a new item set while retaining the bonus. We want this item set to be used more strategically in the middle of combat, rather than it only being used to one-shot players from stealth.

This sounds like a really bad idea.
    At the moment this set will give you high damage with a really long downtime. (2/3 vs 1/3).
    The only way to use this set is for fast burst damage. NOBODY ever will use this for open combat, cause it only gives 218,1 spell dmg averagely. So, why take the risk of dropping your Ulti during the downtime or lacking heal in critical situations?JULIANOS will be the better choice.

Fix this issue somehow else and don't nerf this set from BIS for Bombblades to the ground.

I'm confused by this. You were running all these risks already by using Alchemist. There's no change there. All you need to do is one light attack as you approach the enemy to put yourself in combat before buffing up. Or drink the potion just after your gap closer. Not really a big deal, is it?

Also, it takes one member of the group to be in combat to basically put all of you that are close enough in combat. So if you're in a group just send a tankplar in 3" before the bomblades drop in.

There's plenty of ways to make it work. You're just being lazy.

Eh the number of times where a split second warning is enough to *** you over when you're actually solo or small scaling (and not terrible at it) is very often.

It's not a huge nerf but it's a small nerf to a set that was never unbalanced to begin with.

And once again, if you're playing this game easy mode in a ball zerg or crutching on training wheels like troll king or having your buddies resto ulti to keep your sloppy ass plays floating then I guess you can shrug and say "lel l2p"
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Toc de Malsvi
    I'm saying those changes should just go to the base ability which is simply too weak and too costly in its own right. Something more is needed than just being forced to use a specific weapon to fix a bad skill.
    Edited by dpencil1 on October 10, 2017 12:31AM
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the crystal frag change?
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    Where is the crystal frag change?

Sorc nerfs don't make it to Live bro you know this by now
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Clever Alchemist: This item set’s proc now requires that you are in combat for it to function.
    Developer Comments:

This solves the issue where some players would activate their potion with this item set, then completely switch their gear to a new item set while retaining the bonus. We want this item set to be used more strategically in the middle of combat, rather than it only being used to one-shot players from stealth.

Ugh. This is a really lazy fix that limits flexibility and imposes an inconvenience. Please implement a proper fix for this set that removes the buff if the set bonus is removed.
    zyk wrote: »
    Clever Alchemist: This item set’s proc now requires that you are in combat for it to function.
    Developer Comments:

Ugh. This is a really lazy fix that limits flexibility and imposes an inconvenience. Please implement a proper fix for this set that removes the buff if the set bonus is removed.

Ya why not punish the armor switch peeps instead of Every one.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item Sets
    • Clever Alchemist: This item set’s proc now requires that you are in combat for it to function.
      Developer Comments:

t2aghp4z3b9f.gif

@ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

How about just being honest?
      Just say you want to rid the game of solo gankers.

I mean for crying out loud, just about every update has had something that lowers the bar and makes Cyrodiil even more carebear friendly. While we are at it, just remove nightblades from the game along with invisibility and sneak. You have been consistently dumbing down pvp in favor of unskilled zerg vs zerg and basically lowering the bar for every newbie (or careless player) to ensure they have a "safe" experience.

I guess too many crownstore whales are complaining about dreaded nightblades ruining their immersive experience in Cyrodiil? Better dumb things down so you can stay afloat I guess. I mean hell, you wouldn't want to run off the pve / casual crowd too...

It's been since 2014 that you ruined the latency and stability of Cyrodiil and you just added a huge boon to the legion of sluggards who force zerg on zerg.
      Well done ZOS *slow clap*, well done.
      dooccy3r3oyy.gif

Edited by Xael on October 10, 2017 1:10AM
      I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    • Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      HiImRex wrote: »
      Xsorus wrote: »
      CyrusArya wrote: »
      Champion System
      The Tower
      Siphoner: Reverted this champion passive’s values back to 15% at 100-points, but it now reduces all resource restore effects on the enemy. This includes potions, item sets, and ability passives.

*** this company loves to empower zerglings.

No one is going to invest more then a few points in this if any, You're not going to give up your own sustain to dump points into this basically.

unless, UNLESS you run in a ball zerg and can afford to hyper specialize...?

oh wait

the point

your head

Ok; now I’m going to embarrass you for the snarky attitude.

Ok cupcake; how many ball zergs you see killing people via attrition you running their resources low?

How many you see killing people via dumping multiple ults to kill as many people as possible?

Why in the hell would you have a single person dedicated to light attacking people to apply this debuff when your primary tactic of a ball zerg is mass dumping aoes on people.

There is zero reason to run siphoner in a ball zerg... absolutely zero... so next time you try and step up on a forum with me atleast have some basic knowledge of gameplay.
    • Jake1576
      Jake1576
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The clever alchemist change is going to ruin gank builds hell let's ruin one of the only sets good for nightblades *** let's just all run shield stacking sorcerers or permanent blocking dks might as well join in on what everyone else is doing since it seems zos loves to ruin people builds
      Edited by Jake1576 on October 10, 2017 1:20AM
    • Vapirko
      Vapirko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1) Siphoner change is awful. ZOS just admit when you’ve got something that doesn’t work. What you’re doing here is giving bomb zergs a huge upper hand when it comes to talking keeps as now everyone’s sets won’t be working. Which leads us to the second point.

2) 12% eots nerf is nothing and won’t change the way it’s abused which is stacked in really large zergs.

3) cost increase to cleanse? Really? Where did that come from? ZOS, Templars are not in any way over performing.
    • Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Vapirko wrote: »
      1) Siphoner change is awful. ZOS just admit when you’ve got something that doesn’t work. What you’re doing here is giving bomb zergs a huge upper hand when it comes to talking keeps as now everyone’s sets won’t be working. Which leads us to the second point.

2) 12% eots nerf is nothing and won’t change the way it’s abused which is stacked in really large zergs.

3) cost increase to cleanse? Really? Where did that come from? ZOS, Templars are not in any way over performing.

Point one is wrong, ball zergs don’t use it... it will be used by every duel build though

Other two points I agree with.

Eots change is pointless; wanna make it powerful but not stupid make it apply a snare to the caster; it now has a drawback.
    • irstarkey57
      irstarkey57
      ✭✭✭✭
      ZOS. The gap between mag sorc (meta forever now in PvE AND PvP) and Mag Dk is getting a little out of hand. End game raids aren't even allowing mag DK's because other melee (stam sorc, stam dk, and stam blade) toons can out dps them. To boot, the mag DK's one saving grace for sustain (lava lash) consumes the off balance proc making them even more unwelcome. They need an execute for god's sake. Sorcs have 2! Implosion and mages wrath. And then in PvP, our saving grace there (fossilize) gets its range nerfed and cost increased iirc? And who cares about a longer duration if you just CC break? Who has it in for magdk's? Said it last natch potes and I'll say it again...mag DK's need some love. Oh yea and mag DK's will never run asylum staves. Guess who will? Sorcs? Meaning they will also be the ones applying burning. Meaning no need for engulfing flames. RIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! Let me guess, next patch notes an unused mag sorc skill will be buffed to imitate unrelenting grip. Not good stuff man....not good stuff.
      Edited by irstarkey57 on October 10, 2017 1:27AM
    • KingExecration
      KingExecration
      ✭✭✭✭
      Templars finally think it's thier patch to get something good happen to them. Annnnnd back to being nerfed lol. Loving my magplar Wrobel.
    • LegacyDM
      LegacyDM
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cinbri wrote: »
      Resto and snb ults nerfs next week?
      Tho I liked how when other classes got only buffs Templars got nerf..

really? What buff did stam NB gets? How about the buff to clever alchemist so that stam blades can't use a set to gank as hard from stealth? Or the eots buff which mageblades predominatly use as their ult where damage was decreased by 12%? Or how about the fact that mageblades cc dot skill was changed into a self damaging oblivion heal that can only be casted on a friendly target. Boy, if Templars were given a heal like that the Templar community would be in an uproar. I shed no tears for Templars.

Legacy of Kain
      Vicious Carnage
      ¥ampire Lord of the South
    • IAVITNI
      IAVITNI
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      In terms of function, good change on siphoner. Ironically this can be considered a bigger nerf to actual regen builds as more people may decide to run this passive.

That said, I say good change only in that it actually addresses the issue that siphoner was originally stated to target. I still don't think this is a good passive. Limiting resources in this way is a poor design in a game centred around resource management. It removes the players ability to...well...play. But thank you for listening to feedback at least xD.

The better approach (also admittedly harder) would be to remove this passive and directly address permablock-blockcast healbots/dpsTanks.

Also, the EotS nerf is a baaaaaad idea.I don't zerg or even use this ultimate so I don't mind. But good luck fighting those 72 man-stack-on-crown-ulti-dump-ball groups using your single target abilities. Take out AoE caps and those ball groups will be forced to spread out or be wiped by coordinated flanks/surprise attacks.

Incentivize Smart Play >>>>>>>>>>>> Dumbing Down the Game
    • LegacyDM
      LegacyDM
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      [*]Restoring Light
      • Healing Ritual: Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 1.2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        Reducing the cast time of this ability will make it less susceptible to interrupts, and easier to land a potential life-saving heal on an ally. It now fits better with the fast-paced nature of combat.
      • Cleansing Ritual: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 14%.
        Developer Comments:
        This change encourages more strategic use of this ability’s powerful debuff removal. Recasting this ability to remove only a few debuffs at a time will be a less efficient use of the Templar’s resources.

This is what aggravates me about the whole PTS process.

A pointless buff to a skill hardly anyone uses and a nerf out of left field that has no rhyme or reason or consistency. How about you increase the cost of cloak, shields, bird spam, etc., to "encourage more strategic" use of these abilities? It's a gratuitous slap in the face to Templars.

And @Kilandros is right. That's a crazy change to siphoner. The whole point why ZoS redid the Champion System in Morrowind was so each and every star would have a counter. Now that is no longer the case as this ... this (trying to be real polite here) Champion System ... is now effecting stuff beyond what is was intended to and corrupting the base values of the game.

Gimmie a break. There are a million and 1 counters to cloak. Stop beating a dead horse with the increase cloak cost whining. How about give other classes a million and 1 counters to templars cleansing and healing skills? Try playing the only class where a dozen things can completely negate and render an entire skill useless. Trying playing a class where we have no instant heal or a class shield. Try playing the only class with the highest skill cap that requires one to line up burst with few defenses more so than any other class , if you going to increase cloak costs you better remove all the damn counters.

Just count your lucky stars that Zos doesn't completely start revamping your skills into something as asinine as dealing oblivion damage to Yourself. Or making you micromanage 5 la to get a projectile skill to work.

Sigh.
      Edited by LegacyDM on October 10, 2017 2:19AM
      Legacy of Kain
      Vicious Carnage
    • LonePirate
      LonePirate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      o5yekz2h8rta.jpg

s92311owu8hw.png
      Crafting Writs
      • Fixed an issue where the journal entry for a high ranking Enchanting Writ would claim to require the non-existent Nokude rune, instead of a Jehade rune.

This patch note has convinced me there is a gear cap increase coming in either the Q1 2018 or Q2 2018 updates. Seems as though some code for the new runes was released prematurely so it had to be backed out. Developers seldom tamper with working code unless they intend to change it by fixing a problem or enhancing it. This code had been working so there was nothing to fix - at least until some enhanced code mistakenly made its way into the wild.
    • LegacyDM
      LegacyDM
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LonePirate wrote: »
      o5yekz2h8rta.jpg

s92311owu8hw.png
      Crafting Writs
      • Fixed an issue where the journal entry for a high ranking Enchanting Writ would claim to require the non-existent Nokude rune, instead of a Jehade rune.

This patch note has convinced me there is a gear cap increase coming in either the Q1 2018 or Q2 2018 updates. Seems as though some code for the new runes was released prematurely so it had to be backed out. Developers seldom tamper with working code unless they intend to change it by fixing a problem or enhancing it. This code had been working so there was nothing to fix - at least until some enhanced code mistakenly made its way into the wild.

Hopefully, if they do increase gear cap they provide crafters a way to increase current gear. I don't think I could stomach grinding for new gear.
      Legacy of Kain
      Vicious Carnage
    • nud3_voxel
      nud3_voxel
      ✭✭✭
      LegacyDM wrote: »
      LonePirate wrote: »
      o5yekz2h8rta.jpg

s92311owu8hw.png
      Crafting Writs

Hopefully, if they do increase gear cap they provide crafters a way to increase current gear. I don't think I could stomach grinding for new gear.

Same, that'd be the only change that could possibly make me quit the game if they don't make it possible to level up your current gears. Regardless of the balance changes I'd stick, but I'm not farming all my gears again and again...
    • GreenSoup2HoT
      GreenSoup2HoT
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      wall of text below.
      Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on October 10, 2017 2:45AM
      PS4 NA DC
    • Hymzir
      Hymzir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Looking at the Templar changes reminds me why I no longer take active part in the discussion. There is no point in wasting time and energy on giving ZOS feedback or input. They do not listen, and will go ahead with what ever nonsense they've come up with. No matter how much we warn against it or advice them to reconsider.

This in turn often leads to the scenario, where they change something, we tell them that the change is bad. Or that the fix is not appropriate or strong enough. They tell us that they listen to our feedback and then go ahead and ignore all the advice we give. The change goes live, and then 6 or 9 months later they change it again and stating that the reason behind the new change are the very things we warned them about when the change was first made.

Well all of that, and in addition, they also throw out totally random changes from the left field that no one wanted, no one though were needed, and no one can understand why they would change these things.

There is no vision in ESO game design, each update is just the latest batch of random moods and thoughts that the devs were having the past few months.

Well with that of my chest - since I started writing this I might as well give my "feedback" even though it is useless.

Eclipse... Yeah whatever. Will see if it is of any use once it hits live, and if not will ignore it and wait for whatever it's next incarnation will be.

Solar barrage - Just drop the cast time. It already has a 2 second delay before it does any damage and will take up a GCD which will manifest as a DPS loss. I just can't see how this would fit on anyone's bar. You can ditch the Empower buff since it wont do Templars much good anyway. I still doubt I'll use this since I can't think of what I'd drop in it's place. I already use Blazing Spear for such a purpose, and it benefits from Burning Light and also gives my back bar access to Aedric Spear passives. If I switched it to Solar Barrage I'd lose access to those passives on my staff. I'd have to drop yet another skill to slot something else from the Aedric tree. And in that case... I might as well just keep slotting Blazing Spear and ignore Solar Barrage.

Besides Dark Flare, even though it doesn't have good synergy with my CP allocation, has it's uses. Occasional and situational as they may be, but still... Slotting Dark Flare every now and then can be quite profitable. So I'd also loose that option if I'd go with Barrage. And thus I doubt I will. You really should just remove the morph completely, and come up with an alternate Dark Flare morph. Like maybe instead of doing the Healing debuff, it could have an an AoE damage burst.

You could then move this barrage idea to Aedric Spear tree and replace Sun Shield with it. That way it could proc Burning light and be a melee range option to use instead of Spear Shards. Use the current model as the base skill without cast time and without Empower. Make one morph magicka based and give it some suitable buff that helps in melee. Make the other morph a stamina based (dealing radiation damage - i.e. disease damage) and give it the can have the three empower procs as it's special extra on the side. That way it would give synergy with maybe like using a 2h weapon... Or just give the magicka version major sorcery, and the stamina version major brutality and be done with it.

As for Sun Shield... Well, ditch Healing ritual completely! No one uses it. No one will use it even with the "buff" in this update. You lowered it's cast time once already. We told you then that no one will use it because it has a cast time, and we have BoL/HtD which serves the same function and is faster (though not quite instant... despite it having instant listed as it's cast time.) For three years we have been telling you that no one will use it due to the cast time. For three years you have tried to make it better. And still no one uses it.

The only way you will get people to use it, is by making it an instant spell. At which point no one will use BoL/HtD anymore and we will still have a useless spell in our skill line.

I have tried to explain this to you in the past - there is no point in having two things that basically offer the same thing but in slightly different ways. Invariably one of them is going to be better and everyone will use that one. If you buff the crappier skill to the point that it is the better one, then everyone will switch over to using it instead.

So just remove it completely. Move the rest of the skill line down one step in the tree and introduce a new capstone skill to to Restoring Light - an actually useful shield! One that is of some use to most Templars, and not just 50k+ health build trollplars.

One morph should scale from max magicka and the other can scale from max health so as to let the trollplars keep playing their builds. The health one can keep the damage backlash aspect and the magicka one can have some other defensive buff. I would love to have a 4 second major expedition tied to a 6 second magicka based Templar shield. Would make being a Templar lot less of a PITA.

And the totally uncalled for nerf for Clensing ritual - all I can say if F U. The amount of incoming debuffs and *** is insane as it is. And you have to spam this ability just to get rid of at least some of them. It is not uncommon to have 10 to 12 debuffs on you when you get focus fired on by couple of players in Cyro. Tactical use my ass. A totally unnecessary nerf. But I suppose it wouldn't be an update without at least on uncalled for Templar nerf.

As for everything else... Meh, mostly meh.

I see you added some new furnishing items... Which you of course get by theft and murder. Since that just is the homeowners way in Tamriel. People furnish their homes by being mass murderers and callous robbers.

Didn't pay much attention to other class changes - seemed pretty vapid and random to me.

The itemization changes looked okay and badly needed in some cases. Though... that master 2hander is making me feel bit iffy...

The Clever Alchemist change will ruin certain builds, but... Well I wont weep to see them gone. The set always catered to gankers, while certainly having non-gank uses as well, but was a key component in massive burst openers. Anything that reins in maximized burst is okay in my book, but I can understand why some players are less than thrilled about this one.

Also - could you please finally fix Ice Furnace set... Change the 4 piece bonus to Spell damage. Everything else about the set is aimed at magicka builds. Why does it have weapon damage on it's 4 piece bonus? It's not as if it is a popular or even particularly good set anyway. But with this change one might at lest try to make it work.

But the biggest let down is the meaningless change to Destro Ulti. It will not change anything in Cyro and will just aggravate the few who used that morph in PVE. The problem is not the damage the thing does. It is after all, comparable to Meteor. The problem is how it is used by zerg trains and ball groups. I really do not care if the ticks hit me for 3k instead of 3.5k. What I care is that I am swarmed over by 6 or 7 guys each using this thing while 6 or 7 other guys are rooting, snaring and stunning me back to Monday. I will still be dead unless I manage to drink an immovable potion in time and start spam casting heals and hope the lag wont make me miss one.

That is the real issue. Along with the fact that these destro trains are build like bricks. I've seen a group of 20 or so, being focused on by 40+ players and half a dozen siege. And not even one of the *** goes down. Yet they are zooming around like on speed, constantly spamming destro ulti and mowing down everyone who fails to get out of dodge in time.

Seriously - do something about this issue. It is ruining PVP. Well that and a ton of other things - like the abundance of permablockers and other unkillable builds relying on ulti generation and burst to kill opponents one by one while tanking 6 to 10 others. Those I can always ignore. But the desto ball - if left to it's own devices will flip all your keeps. You gotta deal with them, and it is tedious and aggravating ***.

Well... Felt good to get all that of my chest. Not that it will accomplish anything, but eh... I suppose there is always the satisfaction of just venting ones frustrations out loud.
      Edited by Hymzir on October 10, 2017 2:51AM
    • joaaocaampos
      joaaocaampos
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar
      [*]Restoring Light
      • Healing Ritual: Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 1.2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        Reducing the cast time of this ability will make it less susceptible to interrupts, and easier to land a potential life-saving heal on an ally. It now fits better with the fast-paced nature of combat.

Good buff, but still not enough. Tell them that is not enough. Non-instant healing abilities in PvE are useless. In PvP, the range of this ability is very low. My solution, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Healing Ritual and (its morph) Ritual of Rebirth
        • Reduced the cast time to 1 second from 1.5 seconds.
        Ritual of Rebirth (Healing Ritual morph)
        • You heal a single ally outside the ability's radius for an additional amount. Remove this.
        • Increased the range of this morph to 18m (or 28m) from 10m.
        Hasty Prayer
        • You can move at full speed while casting this ability. This should remain.
        • Reduced the cast time of this morph to 0.5 (or 0.2) second from 1.5 seconds. This should be added.

Item Sets
        • Timeless Blessing: This item set now causes Blessing of Protection to reduce the cost of all your healing abilities by 30% for 3 seconds.
          • The imperfect version reduces the cost by 27%.

Does this include ALL healing abilities, including Class and Undaunted healing abilities? If so, cool.

Master and Asylum Restoration Staffs are at a good point now. Only the Maelstrom Restoration Staff needs an real fix.
      • GreenSoup2HoT
        GreenSoup2HoT
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Hymzir wrote: »
        But the biggest let down is the meaningless change to Destro Ulti. It will not change anything in Cyro and will just aggravate the few who used that morph in PVE. The problem is not the damage the thing does. It is after all, comparable to Meteor. The problem is how it is used by zerg trains and ball groups. I really do not care if the ticks hit me for 3k instead of 3.5k. What I care is that I am swarmed over by 6 or 7 guys each using this thing while 6 or 7 other guys are rooting, snaring and stunning me back to Monday. I will still be dead unless I manage to drink an immovable potion in time and start spam casting heals and hope the lag wont make me miss one.

That is the real issue. Along with the fact that these destro trains are build like bricks. I've seen a group of 20 or so, being focused on by 40+ players and half a dozen siege. And not even one of the *** goes down. Yet they are zooming around like on speed, constantly spamming destro ulti and mowing down everyone who fails to get out of dodge in time.

Seriously - do something about this issue. It is ruining PVP. Well that and a ton of other things - like the abundance of permablockers and other unkillable builds relying on ulti generation and burst to kill opponents one by one while tanking 6 to 10 others. Those I can always ignore. But the desto ball - if left to it's own devices will flip all your keeps. You gotta deal with them, and it is tedious and aggravating ***.

Just wanted to comment on you comparing Meteor to Eye of the Storm. Eye of the Storm is 1000% better.

Meteor can be blocked and DoT damage avoided. Meteors damage only compares to Eye if you stand on the Meteor DoT for the full duration. Eye is unblockable, has a big radius and applies status effects while being easy to guarentee the full damage just by gap closer spamming/staying on your target.

The 12% damage nerf is nothing. Your totally right and its just trash gameplay.

PS4 NA DC
      • Toc de Malsvi
        Toc de Malsvi
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Weapon
        • Bow
          • Acid Spray (Arrow Spray morph): Increased the duration of the Damage over Time applied by this morph to 6 seconds from 5 seconds, causing it to tick for one additional instance of damage.
          • Arrow Spray: Increased the duration of the snare applied by this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.
          . . .
        • Piercing Spray: Increased the duration of the debuff applied by this item set to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.

Seriously?

This would appear to offhand be either a nerf to Acid Spray's DoT, or a completely irrelevant change. Either you are spacing the existing damage out over 6 seconds instead of 5, which would be a nerf, or you are adding an extra tick which is irrelevant because the majority of the time Acid Spray is reapplied before the DoT runs out. Besides which even with the buff, the DoT on Acid Spray is not a reliable means of damage.

Secondly the problem with Piercing Spray, had nothing to do with the duration. Buffing one skill cast does not make using a costly low damage AOE worthwhile. For PVP you actually have to land the AOE as well which means you will miss 50% of the time and thus lose out on the buff, while having used a costly ineffective AOE skill. So in essence you changed nothing.
        Okkd9Zv.png

To bring more definite numbers, Acid Spray's DoT accounted for 2.8% of damage dealing 794 damage per second of uptime, I've included a parse using the Asylum Bow.

Now to be completely conservative and attempt to give you full benefit of the doubt, lets pretend that we always get full duration of the DoT effect, and that you have added an extra Tick to the Dot which increased its damage by 20%. This is not anywhere near accurate it in reality is much less, but we are trying to be as conservative as possible.

Increasing the 794 dps by 20% yields an increase of 159 dps, to bump up the overall number from 27,951 to 28,110. Essentially it is statistically irrelevant, and that is assuming the most conservative best case scenarios.

Believe it or not, it does not take 5 seconds to cast a skill, so upping the duration of the Piercing Spray buff to 6 seconds, is not actually changing anything... at all.

TLDR: The changes did nothing. Thanks for NOTHING.
        Edited by Toc de Malsvi on October 10, 2017 3:37AM
        Legendary Archer of Valenwood
        Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
        Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
        Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
        Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
        Templar's are evil..
      • Kilandros
        Kilandros
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Weapon
        • Bow
          • Acid Spray (Arrow Spray morph): Increased the duration of the Damage over Time applied by this morph to 6 seconds from 5 seconds, causing it to tick for one additional instance of damage.
          • Arrow Spray: Increased the duration of the snare applied by this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.
          . . .
        • Piercing Spray: Increased the duration of the debuff applied by this item set to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.

Seriously?

This would appear to offhand be either a nerf to Acid Spray's DoT, or a completely irrelevant change. Either you are spacing the existing damage out over 6 seconds instead of 5, which would be a nerf, or you are adding an extra tick which is irrelevant because the majority of the time Acid Spray is reapplied before the DoT runs out. Besides which even with the buff, the DoT on Acid Spray is not a reliable means of damage.

Secondly the problem with Piercing Spray, had nothing to do with the duration. Buffing one skill cast does not make using a costly low damage AOE worthwhile. For PVP you actually have to land the AOE as well which means you will miss 50% of the time and thus lose out on the buff, while having used a costly ineffective AOE skill. So in essence you changed nothing.
        Okkd9Zv.png

To bring more definite numbers, Acid Spray's DoT accounted for 2.8% of damage dealing 794 damage per second of uptime, I've included a parse using the Asylum Bow.

Now to be completely conservative and attempt to give you full benefit of the doubt, lets pretend that we always get full duration of the DoT effect, and that you have added an extra Tick to the Dot which increased its damage by 20%. This is not anywhere near accurate it in reality is much less, but we are trying to be as conservative as possible.

Increasing the 794 dps by 20% yields an increase of 159 dps, to bump up the overall number from 27,951 to 28,110. Essentially it is statistically irrelevant, and that is assuming the most conservative best case scenarios.

Believe it or not, it does not take 5 seconds to cast a skill, so upping the duration of the Piercing Spray buff to 6 seconds, is not actually changing anything... at all.

TLDR: The changes did nothing. Thanks for NOTHING.

They should have increased the Acid Spray damage by 65%, but reduced the duration of the DoT to 3 seconds so it would hit significantly harder per tick.
        Invictus
        Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
        Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
        Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
        Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
      • Lord_Eomer
        Lord_Eomer
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Master weapons are getting buff and VMA?

I am feeling like a fool, have wasted too much time in VMA for almost useless weapons.
        Edited by Lord_Eomer on October 10, 2017 4:02AM
      • GodAizen
        GodAizen
        ✭✭✭
        This is so stupid. Now the only way to use this set to bonb and fight a zerg is to be in a zerg. Now all we will see is bombers in zergs so that they are "in combat" and still get buff. The only way to fight zergs in small groups of two ro three bombers is useless with this set
      • Narvuntien
        Narvuntien
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        "Clever Alchemist: This item set’s proc now requires that you are in combat for it to function."

You destroied my chatacter.

Now I can no longer play thanks

I hate you.

How about you just have the buff leave when you take off the gear instead of removing my ability to play the game.
      • Joy_Division
        Joy_Division
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        LegacyDM wrote: »
        [*]Restoring Light
          Developer Comments:
        • Cleansing Ritual: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 14%.
          Developer Comments:
          This change encourages more strategic use of this ability’s powerful debuff removal. Recasting this ability to remove only a few debuffs at a time will be a less efficient use of the Templar’s resources.

This is what aggravates me about the whole PTS process.

A pointless buff to a skill hardly anyone uses and a nerf out of left field that has no rhyme or reason or consistency. How about you increase the cost of cloak, shields, bird spam, etc., to "encourage more strategic" use of these abilities? It's a gratuitous slap in the face to Templars.

And @Kilandros is right. That's a crazy change to siphoner. The whole point why ZoS redid the Champion System in Morrowind was so each and every star would have a counter. Now that is no longer the case as this ... this (trying to be real polite here) Champion System ... is now effecting stuff beyond what is was intended to and corrupting the base values of the game.

Gimmie a break. There are a million and 1 counters to cloak. Stop beating a dead horse with the increase cloak cost whining. How about give other classes a million and 1 counters to templars cleansing and healing skills? Try playing the only class where a dozen things can completely negate and render an entire skill useless. Trying playing a class where we have no instant heal or a class shield. Try playing the only class with the highest skill cap that requires one to line up burst with few defenses more so than any other class , if you going to increase cloak costs you better remove all the damn counters.

Just count your lucky stars that Zos doesn't completely start revamping your skills into something as asinine as dealing oblivion damage to Yourself. Or making you micromanage 5 la to get a projectile skill to work.

Sigh.

Calm down. Wasn't complaining about any skills, just used 3 random skills from other classes to show how preposterous the reasoning "encourage more strategic" use was.

I was complaining about random nerfs being tossed around willy nilly. By the way you are reacting, you wouldn't silently accept a sudden cost increase to a Nightblade skill either, so don't get hypocritical and yell at me.

Edited by Joy_Division on October 10, 2017 4:41AM
      • usmcjdking
        usmcjdking
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        I repeat, the Clever Alchemist nerf is one of the laziest nerf descriptions to date.

There are already MULTIPLE sets in the game designed to provide you a steroid of sorts when you get hit. The set is being redesignated as a poor man's Ravager/7th Legion with this change for non-gankers.

God forbid someone doesn't want to use heavy armor. We obviously want more heavy armor in Cyro.