The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.3

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can syphoner be stacked with defile to prevent heals returning the health resource?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are some solid changes.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Champion System
    The Tower
    Siphoner: Reverted this champion passive’s values back to 15% at 100-points, but it now reduces all resource restore effects on the enemy. This includes potions, item sets, and ability passives.

*** this company loves to empower zerglings.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have successfully nerfed my MNB ganks build every patch consecutively for 6 months. Sorry if I played one. spinners clever alchemist heavy attacks damage from stealth. Literally every patch.
    Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Shadow of the Red Mountain: This item set’s proc can no longer target neutral monsters or monsters you are not in combat with.

Thank you!!! I was getting tired of that set "extending" combat for me..
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Restoring Light
    • Healing Ritual: Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 1.2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
      Developer Comments:
      Reducing the cast time of this ability will make it less susceptible to interrupts, and easier to land a potential life-saving heal on an ally. It now fits better with the fast-paced nature of combat.
    • Cleansing Ritual: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 14%.
      Developer Comments:
      This change encourages more strategic use of this ability’s powerful debuff removal. Recasting this ability to remove only a few debuffs at a time will be a less efficient use of the Templar’s resources.

This is what aggravates me about the whole PTS process.

A pointless buff to a skill hardly anyone uses and a nerf out of left field that has no rhyme or reason or consistency. How about you increase the cost of cloak, shields, bird spam, etc., to "encourage more strategic" use of these abilities? It's a gratuitous slap in the face to Templars.

And @Kilandros is right. That's a crazy change to siphoner. The whole point why ZoS redid the Champion System in Morrowind was so each and every star would have a counter. Now that is no longer the case as this ... this (trying to be real polite here) Champion System ... is now effecting stuff beyond what is was intended to and corrupting the base values of the game.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 9, 2017 9:29PM
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    ARE SERIOUS WITH THAT NEW SIPHONER PASSIVE. That's going to be absolutely broken in PvP.

Lol I read that and the ritual nerf and the 0 adjustments they've made to vAS, and now I'm off to sulk.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Those PVP whiners asked for the Destro Ulti nerf, right? **** you!

A good one actually... Could be 30%. The more it is the better, it's really a poor play to come with that ult pumped and start the fight from it. Sorry if it ruined your devastating build.
    Options
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    No buff for mDK in PVE but wasn't expecting one either. Always the same.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the promised (from eso live) :

- shield ultimate nerf,
    - restoration staff ultimate nerf,
    - remove from the stun portion on the sorc bolt,
    - warden tree ultimate nerf,
    - a real eye of the storm nerf ? (lol 12%, the meta will remain the same for bomb zerg groups, especially when you plan to nerf warden tree ultimate).
    Edited by Sarousse on October 9, 2017 9:39PM
    Options
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clever Alchemist: This item set’s proc now requires that you are in combat for it to function.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    This solves the issue where some players would activate their potion with this item set, then completely switch their gear to a new item set while retaining the bonus. We want this item set to be used more strategically in the middle of combat, rather than it only being used to one-shot players from stealth.

Rip my bomblade *cries in hide*
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think the nightblade class is fine now.

What I personally would like to see:
    • The summon shades morph needs some sort of buff, either the shadows to do more damage or an additional minor debuff
    • Sap essence cost reduction or increase in power

Edited by mb10 on October 9, 2017 9:40PM
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...okay now i really want a transmog system.
    Master 2 hander got really really interesting now.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*]Restoring Light
    • Healing Ritual: Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 1.2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
      Developer Comments:
      Reducing the cast time of this ability will make it less susceptible to interrupts, and easier to land a potential life-saving heal on an ally. It now fits better with the fast-paced nature of combat.
    • Cleansing Ritual: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 14%.
      Developer Comments:
      This change encourages more strategic use of this ability’s powerful debuff removal. Recasting this ability to remove only a few debuffs at a time will be a less efficient use of the Templar’s resources.

This is what aggravates me about the whole PTS process.

A pointless buff to a skill hardly anyone uses and a nerf out of left field that has no rhyme or reason or consistency. How about you increase the cost of cloak, shields, bird spam, etc., to "encourage more strategic" use of these abilities? It's a gratuitous slap in the face to Templars.

And @Kilandros is right. That's a crazy change to siphoner. The whole point why ZoS redid the Champion System in Morrowind was so each and every star would have a counter. Now that is no longer the case as this ... this (trying to be real polite here) Champion System ... is now effecting stuff beyond what is was intended to and corrupting the base values of the game.

I'm pretty much feeling defeated right now after that random, out of nowhere purify nerf. Strategic? This is our last major defense ability lol. How is using it effectively right now not strategic anyways? Templars and DKs seem to just be pinned into this mass suffering since Morrowind, and it's just getting worse LOL
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthen Heart
    Petrify: This ability and its morphs can no longer be cast on a crowd-control immune enemy.
    Not being able to spam my fav skill in PvP anymore
    0xywaktzflez.jpg
    Btw, nice job about wings
    Edited by Enslaved on October 10, 2017 6:23AM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Titanic Cleave: This item set now increases the direct damage Cleave deals by 1500 for each enemy in its cone, up to a maximum of 9000 increased damage.

People are going to ask for a nerf on this once it starts becoming more common

Esp if Stamina Wardens start picking it up.

Options
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crying about the siphoner noone would ever use anyway...
    Less resources for healers like the magicka wasn't endless before...
    Crying about EotS nerf while most of the PvP, raid was all about using 4-5 Eye and hf...

Actually a very good patch. ZOS getting better and better. Keep up the good work.
    Edited by Bevik on October 9, 2017 9:42PM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Champion System
    The Tower
    Siphoner: Reverted this champion passive’s values back to 15% at 100-points, but it now reduces all resource restore effects on the enemy. This includes potions, item sets, and ability passives.

*** this company loves to empower zerglings.

No one is going to invest more then a few points in this if any, You're not going to give up your own sustain to dump points into this basically.

Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a good patch to me :)
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can syphoner be stacked with defile to prevent heals returning the health resource?

You can bet they didn't think of that
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shield Ult and resto ult in need of change, more so shield ult imo.

The player that uses it basically guarantees their life for another 7 seconds in PVP. The spell wall morph renders all projectile players useless for that period of time too and sends their goods right back at them.

Its just way way way too powerful for a 100 ult. I honestly think its a 200 ult minimum

If an ultimate can pretty much guarantee life than it should cost the same as ultimates that pretty much guarantee death

Resto ult is a bit bad too but theres a chance you wont even cast it on yourself and it requires the less popular resto staff to wield (in PVP).
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Shield Ult and resto ult in need of change, more so shield ult imo.

The player that uses it basically guarantees their life for another 7 seconds in PVP. The spell wall morph renders all projectile players useless for that period of time too and sends their goods right back at them.

Its just way way way too powerful for a 100 ult. I honestly think its a 200 ult minimum

If an ultimate can pretty much guarantee life than it should cost the same as ultimates that pretty much guarantee death

Resto ult is a bit bad too but theres a chance you wont even cast it on yourself and it requires the less popular resto staff to wield (in PVP).

200 ult and no one uses it.

Defensive Ults have to be cheaper then offensive ults otherwise its just better to use Offensive.

For example look at Corrosive Armor, you think anyone will use that ult? Nope... far better to go for an offensive ult like Leap.

Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bag9abb7zp7v.jpg

[*]Cleansing Ritual: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 14%.
    Developer Comments:
    [/list]
    [/list]

Yet another nerf to Magplar that indirectly nerfs stamplar far more. First we lost major mending because you wanted to balance healers. Now purify, one of our 2 magicka utility skills costs even more. You realize we stamplars already have to be smart and tactical with our purifys right as we can’t spam it because our magicka is limited? So you want us to be even more tactical with it? Or not slot it at all?
    Another slap in the face to stamplars because you are trying to balance magplar. Throw us a bone here and there how about. 14% increase cost hurts us stamplars far more then it does magplar and we both know you didn’t intend this nerf for us.
    Edited by templesus on October 9, 2017 9:46PM
    Options
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still keeping up with mad idea of NB healers using those malevolent offering to heal... Not even 1 NB healer gonna use it in serious content stop wasting time trying to do something stupid and actually PLAY damn NB healer and see what we miss... Our ulti range is 2 low compared to cost, templars got huge range and no need to do anything beside pressing button, warden got spammable twice cheaper ulti so give us boost already... And don't forget we have no spammable synergy meant for healing/cleansing yet nor do we have spammable burst heal...
    Options
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the Love of god: FIX TEMPLARS % BASED SKILLS! How much feedback do you need, have you no clue what you are doing at all!?!?
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EotS change is a joke. 10% damage does nothing when 2-4 are stacked. How about no gap closing while active? How about change to the pts damage model?

Clever Alchemist change..... do you want to get rid of gankers completely? I dont even gank anymore but this is stupid in my opinion. Gankers are at a dis-advantage when they fail and the set proc is gone..... not to mention they dont have a potion if they fail. Unbelieveable. It was high cost/risk for high reward. All your hurting is stamina gankers. Magicka bomb-blades specifically will be in combat with their group. Also stamina players dont 1 shot.... its a combo of a lot of things, all gankers sacrifice somewhere to "1 shot combo" players. Anyone using this set also needs to wait 40 seconds to get value again.... honestly this change is triggering since bomb-blades are not effected... only stamina ganks are.

Siphoner change is nice.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on October 9, 2017 9:55PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clever Alchemist: This item set’s proc now requires that you are in combat for it to function.
    Developer Comments:
    This solves the issue where some players would activate their potion with this item set, then completely switch their gear to a new item set while retaining the bonus. We want this item set to be used more strategically in the middle of combat, rather than it only being used to one-shot players from stealth.

Bye bye my friend :'( we will always miss you.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon
    • Bow
      • Acid Spray (Arrow Spray morph): Increased the duration of the Damage over Time applied by this morph to 6 seconds from 5 seconds, causing it to tick for one additional instance of damage.
      • Arrow Spray: Increased the duration of the snare applied by this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.
      . . .
    • Piercing Spray: Increased the duration of the debuff applied by this item set to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.

Seriously?

This would appear to offhand be either a nerf to Acid Spray's DoT, or a completely irrelevant change. Either you are spacing the existing damage out over 6 seconds instead of 5, which would be a nerf, or you are adding an extra tick which is irrelevant because the majority of the time Acid Spray is reapplied before the DoT runs out. Besides which even with the buff, the DoT on Acid Spray is not a reliable means of damage.

Secondly the problem with Piercing Spray, had nothing to do with the duration. Buffing one skill cast does not make using a costly low damage AOE worthwhile. For PVP you actually have to land the AOE as well which means you will miss 50% of the time and thus lose out on the buff, while having used a costly ineffective AOE skill. So in essence you changed nothing.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont understand the attempt to buff acid spray/asylum bow. It was not underperforming by just 0.01%, it will require much bigger changes.
    But overall pretty good changes, partly because stuff that it is not here (shield ulti nerf) is still on the line, right? So at least this + promises make them good.
    Edited by SodanTok on October 9, 2017 9:47PM
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    No one is going to invest more then a few points in this if any, You're not going to give up your own sustain to dump points into this basically.

Really depends on the build and how much sustain you need to skate by. 5%-10% siphoner is not too demanding on your own sustain after the front loading of CPs, and will now effectively diminish all forms of sustain if I'm reading this right. Kind of a big deal when it comes to tough outnumbered fights where you'll be running on fumes at some point.

Its not the end of the world and Im sure people will adapt if need be, but my issue is on principle that once again a change is implemented that disproportionately strengthens the many vs the few.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options