The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.3

• Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Willing to pay 20k crowns to watch Eric Wrobel livestream a magicka DK in open world Cyrodiil for an hour.

probably gonna sit on some siege amidst the faction zerg and leftclick every couple of seconds

sounds about right :D
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    Just be greatful that they didnt buff sorcs more. Any patch without a sorc buff is a good one lol.

At this point, I've been considering focusing on my sorc more because of the relative buffs to them over my templar. At least the sorc has a lot less sustain problems despite more expensive skills. They can actually DoT an enemy and heavy attack rather than channel their main DoTs like templars. No wonder templars have horrible sustain when they're not allowed to survive long enough outside Puncturing Sweep spam to heavy attack enough.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    The Clever Alch summary looks like someone put no thought into it.

If the case was people changing gear after hitting alch, then why not just have alch put you in combat when you use a potion? Like, that's the obvious fix.

It was done to nerf gankers and that is a good thing

How does this combat gankers? Can just attack something, cloak, pot, engage. This isn't very detrimental to gank builds; it requires more set-up but gank builds have the tools to to set that up. Non-gank builds now have to actively engage the opponent, ranged builds might not have too much of an issue with this but not many ranged builds run alchemist. Melee builds now need to expose themselves to uneccessary risks to activate a 5pc that is activated by CONSUMABLES?

What sense does this even make? Just have the set put you in combat. You lose stealth bonus (due to inability to re-stealth), can't mount, can't swap gear, and are otherwise limited to the same factors as intended with the nerf.

The set is not strong enough to warrant the nerf it was just given.

I sense unbalance with this. Something along the lines of clever alchemist +shalk without being engaged in fight.

But then you're using Shalk's & Clever.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    Please consider adding a lone transmute crystal to the rewards for perfect scores in Heists and Sacraments. These can't really break the game, and improving those rewards would make attempting those challenges more worthwhile.

I do Sacraments for fun. They're well coded to allow for strategic play. The Heists just suck because they kill your time right away with no time to "case the joint" like a real "good" thief would do.
    Heists need a redesign of the timer to start only when you've stolen something and work like Sacraments with the "5 strikes and you're out" counter instead of a timer drop. The Sacrament was just designed a thousand times better.

But yes, I would like the skillful play to be rewarded better.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it. Empower is basically useless for Templars. We do not use direct damage abilities and our channel abilities don't get the buff on their "first tick", so the buff is almost always going to waste. Why are you giving us a buff that you know is mostly useless? I've seen dozens of Templar players provide this same valuable feedback repeatedly to your team and you repeatedly ignore it. Why?

Change it to Minor Berserk for 20 seconds or Major Berserk for 10 seconds so it can actually contribute damage to the DPS abilities that are in the Templar toolkit. Alternatively, create a new buff that applies only to DoT/channel damage and give us that.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If the case was people changing gear after hitting alch, then why not just have alch put you in combat when you use a potion? Like, that's the obvious fix.

How does this combat gankers? Can just attack something, cloak, pot, engage. This isn't very detrimental to gank builds; it requires more set-up but gank builds have the tools to to set that up. Non-gank builds now have to actively engage the opponent, ranged builds might not have too much of an issue with this but not many ranged builds run alchemist. Melee builds now need to expose themselves to uneccessary risks to activate a 5pc that is activated by CONSUMABLES?

What sense does this even make? Just have the set put you in combat. You lose stealth bonus (due to inability to re-stealth), can't mount, can't swap gear, and are otherwise limited to the same factors as intended with the nerf.

I sense unbalance with this. Something along the lines of clever alchemist +shalk without being engaged in fight.

Yes please. Great health, spell damage, and ult gen out of combat? Count me in.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With sub 30k max magicka.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Those PVP whiners asked for the Destro Ulti nerf, right? **** you!

A good one actually... Could be 30%. The more it is the better, it's really a poor play to come with that ult pumped and start the fight from it. Sorry if it ruined your devastating build.

Well, a better fix would be to clear all ultimate on entering a pvp arena/zone or duel. They could also remove the pve enemy ultimate generation in cyrodiil so people couldn't easily build it up without pvping.

But they won't listen to my smart idea, or be able to implement it. /ShotAcrossTheBow
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[*]Timeless Blessing: This item set now causes Blessing of Protection to reduce the cost of all your healing abilities by 30% for 3 seconds.
    • The imperfect version reduces the cost by 27%.

Does this apply to non-resto healing skills? Does it work with healing ultimates (resto or class)? How about healer ultimates that do not actually heal, like Warhorn or Barrier?
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 9, 2017 11:04PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just be greatful that they didnt buff sorcs more. Any patch without a sorc buff is a good one lol.

At this point, I've been considering focusing on my sorc more because of the relative buffs to them over my templar. At least the sorc has a lot less sustain problems despite more expensive skills. They can actually DoT an enemy and heavy attack rather than channel their main DoTs like templars. No wonder templars have horrible sustain when they're not allowed to survive long enough outside Puncturing Sweep spam to heavy attack enough.

Which DoTs are you even channeling? Jesus Beam?

EU | PC | AD
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Jabs/sweeps
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1 domihaus 1 infernal max magicka mundus ;)
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    [*]Restoring Light
    • Healing Ritual: Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 1.2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
      Developer Comments:
      Reducing the cast time of this ability will make it less susceptible to interrupts, and easier to land a potential life-saving heal on an ally. It now fits better with the fast-paced nature of combat.
    • Cleansing Ritual: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 14%.
      Developer Comments:
      This change encourages more strategic use of this ability’s powerful debuff removal. Recasting this ability to remove only a few debuffs at a time will be a less efficient use of the Templar’s resources.

This is what aggravates me about the whole PTS process.

A pointless buff to a skill hardly anyone uses and a nerf out of left field that has no rhyme or reason or consistency. How about you increase the cost of cloak, shields, bird spam, etc., to "encourage more strategic" use of these abilities? It's a gratuitous slap in the face to Templars.

And @Kilandros is right. That's a crazy change to siphoner. The whole point why ZoS redid the Champion System in Morrowind was so each and every star would have a counter. Now that is no longer the case as this ... this (trying to be real polite here) Champion System ... is now effecting stuff beyond what is was intended to and corrupting the base values of the game.

It's only fair that now there should be a star that increases these effects.

Or at least does so with only one star instead of 3 that it currently takes.
    This one champion star counters all 3 of Mooncalf, Healthy and Arcanist. 300 points countered by 100.

That's a very short-sighted lazy change that hurts everyone.

Also, it negates ANY benefit of running the severely underpowered invigorating trait on gear anyway. I want the old Prosperous trait back for increased gold actually, but make it apply to quests and treasure again.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Using Clever out of combat would legit net you a grand total of 4 ultimate before you fall out of combat naturally. I don't see how that synergy is remotely unbalanced. Gimmicky? Sure. Unabalanced? Nah. You would net more ultimate wearing bloodspawn and using a ravage health pot
    Edited by usmcjdking on October 9, 2017 11:09PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Jabs/sweeps

Ah, ye. I dunno why I never see it as DoT, I connect DoTs with fire-and-forget skills like Vampire's Bane or Backlash.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    They have successfully nerfed my MNB ganks build every patch consecutively for 6 months. Sorry if I played one. spinners clever alchemist heavy attacks damage from stealth. Literally every patch.

Magic damage was never buffed by stealth damage. So that nerf doesnt apply.

Actually, instant direct magicka damage, like Swallow Soul and its morphs, was buffed by stealth modifier. I happened to use Purifying Light as a stealth opener after it was changed last year or so and saw a pretty good crit on pve enemies when I was stealthed.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Using Clever out of combat would legit net you a grand total of 4 ultimate before you fall out of combat naturally. I don't see how that synergy is remotely unbalanced. Gimmicky? Sure. Unabalanced? Nah. You would net more ultimate wearing bloodspawn and using a ravage health pot

Just pointing out a flaw bud. That’s what these discussions are for. Discussion.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least I'll be getting sweet sweet magicka back from my Maelstrom Resto so I can at least sustain my extended rituals in Cyrodiil.
  • cellobuddy
    cellobuddy
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone check to see if the asylum resto staff now reduces healing ult cost? It didn't seem to specify in these notes about the resource and sets like alteration mastery also reduce ult cost when no resource is specified for the cost reduction.
    PC NA
    Capped CP
    Breton Magsorc - Cellobuddy
    Argonian Magplar - Cellobuddyheals
    Altmer Magblade - Cellobuddysteals
    Dunmer MagDK - Cellobuddyburns
    Orsimer Stamsorc - Cellobuddyruns
    Redguard Stamplar - Cellobuddyjabs
    Khajiit StamDK - Cellobuddyslices
    Bosmer Stamblade - Cellobuddysnipes
    Altmer Magplar - Cellobuddybeams
    Nord DK - Cellobuddytanks
    Breton Magden - Cellobuddylistens
    Orsimer Stamden - Cellobuddyprotects
    Argonian Tankden - Cellobuddypaintswithwind

Not the best by any means, but I get the job done.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    At least I'll be getting sweet sweet magicka back from my Maelstrom Resto so I can at least sustain my extended rituals in Cyrodiil.

I'm not even gonna ask if you're being sarcastic :D
    EU | PC | AD
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishings
    The "Khajiit Skooma Bubbler" furnishing can now be lit, generating a soft purple plume of smoke.

ayylmao
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Puncturing Sweep is a channeled DoT. It's THE main one we use on templars. It actually does damage that gets up near Dark Flare on a single target while healing, not as much but close enough for the healing to make it worth more than Dark Flare.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feral Guardian: Increased the Health of the bear summoned by this ability and its morphs to 25,000 from 20,000.
    Developer Comments:
    This change will make the bear a little more resilient against incidental Area of Effect attacks, as well as against being focus-fired.
    Destructive Impact: Increased this item set’s cost reduction for Destructive Touch to 30% from 12%, and increased the bonus to its direct damage to 2000 from 1500.

My day is made :)
    Edited by Tryxus on October 9, 2017 11:27PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Storm: Reduced the damage of this ability and the Eye of the Storm morph by approximately 12%. The damage on the Elemental Rage morph remains unchanged.

All you needed to do is add a literal eye of the storm there - instead of a full circle make it a "donut" with a center radius of a couple meters where the skill is dealing no damage. That would give it counter play, would remove the ability to just spam a gap closer and would promote playing and using it smart, minding your position and all.

It also would make sense and seem logical :)
  • TheLionFromTheNorth
    [*]Clever Alchemist: This item set’s proc now requires that you are in combat for it to function.
    Developer Comments:
    This solves the issue where some players would activate their potion with this item set, then completely switch their gear to a new item set while retaining the bonus. We want this item set to be used more strategically in the middle of combat, rather than it only being used to one-shot players from stealth.

This sounds like a really bad idea.
    At the moment this set will give you high damage with a really long downtime. (2/3 vs 1/3).
    The only way to use this set is for fast burst damage. NOBODY ever will use this for open combat, cause it only gives 218,1 spell dmg averagely. So, why take the risk of dropping your Ulti during the downtime or lacking heal in critical situations?JULIANOS will be the better choice.

Fix this issue somehow else and don't nerf this set from BIS for Bombblades to the ground.
    @TheLionFromTheNorth
    >Check out my Youtube channel!<

Guildmaster & Raidleader of
    PANTHERRA
    07.11.2017 - 11.01.2019

Ebonheart Pact PvP
    PC - EU Sotha Sil

PVP CHARS:
    RAID CHARS
    EP - L Î O N A - Bombblade
    EP - L I O N - Magicka Dragonknigth
    EP - Aéla Lionheart - Stamina Warden
    EP - The Lîon From The North - Templar Purge
    EP - Morrîgan - Templar Heal
    EP - Pee In Your Tea - Speedbuff

AD - L Î O N X - Bombblade

SOLO CHARS
    EP - L I O N A - Magicka Sorcerer
    EP - Bua Nó Bás - Stamina Nigthblade
    EP - Garry The Lizard - Magicka DK

> 65.000.000 AP
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please post information about Destructive impact set?
    I can't find anything about it and what it does even where it drops thanks
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*]Clever Alchemist: This item set’s proc now requires that you are in combat for it to function.
    Developer Comments:
    This solves the issue where some players would activate their potion with this item set, then completely switch their gear to a new item set while retaining the bonus. We want this item set to be used more strategically in the middle of combat, rather than it only being used to one-shot players from stealth.

This sounds like a really bad idea.
    At the moment this set will give you high damage with a really long downtime. (2/3 vs 1/3).
    The only way to use this set is for fast burst damage. NOBODY ever will use this for open combat, cause it only gives 218,1 spell dmg averagely. So, why take the risk of dropping your Ulti during the downtime or lacking heal in critical situations?JULIANOS will be the better choice.

Fix this issue somehow else and don't nerf this set from BIS for Bombblades to the ground.

I'm confused by this. You were running all these risks already by using Alchemist. There's no change there. All you need to do is one light attack as you approach the enemy to put yourself in combat before buffing up. Or drink the potion just after your gap closer. Not really a big deal, is it?

Also, it takes one member of the group to be in combat to basically put all of you that are close enough in combat. So if you're in a group just send a tankplar in 3" before the bomblades drop in.

There's plenty of ways to make it work. You're just being lazy.

EU | PC | AD
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing ritual still has a cast time? Still useless. Scrap it and design a new spell. It's been over three years. Enough is enough.

Oh, and thanks for nerfing healing ritual while also introducing that CP change. Not like sustain isn't tough enough in PvP, especially with those cancerous resource drain poisons you guys thought were a good idea for some reason.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destructive Impact: Increased this item set’s cost reduction for Destructive Touch to 30% from 12%, and increased the bonus to its direct damage to 2000 from 1500.

@ZOS_Wrobel
    This still doesn't really address the fundamental issues with the Master Destro staff. Destructive Touch is a skill in bad shape already. It's weak and costly, so this staff feels like an attempt to simply get the skill to a workable spot rather than add anything interesting or enabling to it. At the very least, the extra damage should effect every tick of the skill. It's a DOT after all. Personally, I'd like to see a more interesting additional mechanic associated with it. Let it make the effected target take 5% more damage from that element for the duration of the skill, for example.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Champion System
    The Tower
    Siphoner: Reverted this champion passive’s values back to 15% at 100-points, but it now reduces all resource restore effects on the enemy. This includes potions, item sets, and ability passives.

*** this company loves to empower zerglings.

No one is going to invest more then a few points in this if any, You're not going to give up your own sustain to dump points into this basically.

unless, UNLESS you run in a ball zerg and can afford to hyper specialize...?

oh wait

the point

your head