The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.3

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They saw all the complaints about snares and realized Templars has a nice thing and increased extended ritual cost. Cause Templars cannot have nice things. Especially Stamplar who this really hurts.

Pushing that healing ritual hoping someone will use it. How bout makin a stam morph where the cast is actually an animation of tying a quick bandage on the arm ? Bet it would be used
    Edited by technohic on October 9, 2017 10:05PM
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys what the hell, you're missing the point.
    That titanic cleave.

I mean, just, I don't know, that titanic cleave...

THAT TITANIC CLEAVAAAARGGHH
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Those PVP whiners asked for the Destro Ulti nerf, right? **** you!

Quit crying
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Restoring Light
    • Healing Ritual: Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 1.2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
      Developer Comments:
      Reducing the cast time of this ability will make it less susceptible to interrupts, and easier to land a potential life-saving heal on an ally. It now fits better with the fast-paced nature of combat.
    • Cleansing Ritual: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 14%.
      Developer Comments:
      This change encourages more strategic use of this ability’s powerful debuff removal. Recasting this ability to remove only a few debuffs at a time will be a less efficient use of the Templar’s resources.

This is what aggravates me about the whole PTS process.

A pointless buff to a skill hardly anyone uses and a nerf out of left field that has no rhyme or reason or consistency. How about you increase the cost of cloak, shields, bird spam, etc., to "encourage more strategic" use of these abilities? It's a gratuitous slap in the face to Templars.

And @Kilandros is right. That's a crazy change to siphoner. The whole point why ZoS redid the Champion System in Morrowind was so each and every star would have a counter. Now that is no longer the case as this ... this (trying to be real polite here) Champion System ... is now effecting stuff beyond what is was intended to and corrupting the base values of the game.

It's only fair that now there should be a star that increases these effects.

And the cleansing nerf accounts to a 500 extra cost increase (if you are a Breton templar in LA). Otherwise the base cost goes from 3780 to 4309. Disgusting change to a gimped classes still trying to recover from the Regen nerfs and scalped cc consistency.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Siphoner Passive -> Pure Cancer
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    No one is going to invest more then a few points in this if any, You're not going to give up your own sustain to dump points into this basically.

Really depends on the build and how much sustain you need to skate by. 5%-10% siphoner is not too demanding on your own sustain after the front loading of CPs, and will now effectively diminish all forms of sustain if I'm reading this right. Kind of a big deal when it comes to tough outnumbered fights where you'll be running on fumes at some point.

Its not the end of the world and Im sure people will adapt if need be, but my issue is on principle that once again a change is implemented that disproportionately strengthens the many vs the few.

You either put one point into this ability for the Debuff Save, or you put 43 points into it, Cause that's where people will stop at...If you put any less then that you're wasting points... This ability does not stack...

I personally wouldn't waste 43 points I could use for my own sustain for this ability.

• Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    EotS change is a joke. 10% damage does nothing when 2-4 are stacked. How about no gap closing while active? How about change to the pts damage model?

Clever Alchemist change..... do you want to get rid of gankers completely? I dont even gank anymore but this is stupid in my opinion. Gankers are at a dis-advantage when they fail and the set proc is gone..... not to mention they dont have a potion if they fail. Unbelieveable. It was high cost/risk for high reward. All your hurting is stamina gankers. Magicka bomb-blades specifically will be in combat with their group. Also stamina players dont 1 shot.... its a combo of a lot of things, all gankers sacrifice somewhere to "1 shot combo" players. Anyone using this set also needs to wait 40 seconds to get value again.... honestly this change is triggering since bomb-blades are not effected... only stamina ganks are.

Siphoner change is nice.

The best way to kill shield spammers and shield stackers is to carefully time a gank when they let their guard down. ZoS must maintain the shields dominance. Heaven forbid players are expected to run > 19k health and impen trait. Nerf damage bonus from stealth is another example of this. Players that build to survive will survive. Players that don't build to survive complain and get the game changed so they the survive.

I really question how much the devs (or I guess the folks making the decisions) actually understand. They may play the game but playing != understanding.

And yes, eots nerf is a joke. How about caster can't be healed for the duration. I mean they want to talk risk vs reward (look at the NB heal crap). Let's add some REAL risk to this joke of an ability.
    Edited by Hurika on October 9, 2017 10:07PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    They have successfully nerfed my MNB ganks build every patch consecutively for 6 months. Sorry if I played one. spinners clever alchemist heavy attacks damage from stealth. Literally every patch.

Magic damage was never buffed by stealth damage. So that nerf doesnt apply.

All though your right that they nerfed sharpend, spinners, heavy att damage and now clever.

This clever change is pretty outragous though. Just get rid of stealth completely while their at it... might as well.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    No one is going to invest more then a few points in this if any, You're not going to give up your own sustain to dump points into this basically.

Really depends on the build and how much sustain you need to skate by. 5%-10% siphoner is not too demanding on your own sustain after the front loading of CPs, and will now effectively diminish all forms of sustain if I'm reading this right. Kind of a big deal when it comes to tough outnumbered fights where you'll be running on fumes at some point.

Its not the end of the world and Im sure people will adapt if need be, but my issue is on principle that once again a change is implemented that disproportionately strengthens the many vs the few.

You either put one point into this ability for the Debuff Save, or you put 43 points into it, Cause that's where people will stop at...If you put any less then that you're wasting points... This ability does not stack...

I personally wouldn't waste 43 points I could use for my own sustain for this ability.

No, but some potato who does not understand theorycrafter will put those points in and spam you with this debuff while you're running from the zerg.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have successfully nerfed my MNB ganks build every patch consecutively for 6 months. Sorry if I played one. spinners clever alchemist heavy attacks damage from stealth. Literally every patch.

All though your right that they nerfed sharpend, spinners, heavy att damage and now clever.

This clever change is pretty outragous though. Just get rid of stealth completely while their at it... might as well.

But meteor did.
    Edited by Koolio on October 9, 2017 10:14PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Siphoner Passive -> Pure Cancer

I’m actually ok with it. The intent was for this passive to counter permablock builds just like no regen while blocking and their setting the cost to every quarter second. Yet we all know the permablock builds are not using regen to do so. This addresses the other sources and makes it a little more even for builds that go regen (medium armor/light armor) as it does heavy armor constitution and active resource buffs. You can still compensate by building a bit of both but you’ll be less likely to be able to just build for damage while maintaining tankiness and bypassing the penalty.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those changes....i have no idea how to feel about that....
    first to the skill changes and class balances:
    reflective scales: not bad at least
    petrify: wtf?
    rune prison: same here, what are you thinking people of ZoS
    eclipse: sounds good, lets see how it works out
    solar barrage: garbage, templars don't need empower, they have practically zero direct damage skill and should use one between those 2 seconds windows. what a joke. put another buff there instead of empower.
    healing ritual: meh... that skill gets rarely used.... don't think those 0.3 seconds will improve that.
    cleansing ritual: again ZoS, wtf? that skill already is expensive, especially for stamplars. no templar is casting that skill that often and even if they do, they are out of magicka fast. change that back, since this is really not a change, which should go live.
    arrow spray/acid spray: no one cares about that
    elemental storm: good, but could be more than only 12%
    immovable: 5% less cost...laughable change
    siphoner: that change is ridiculous, reconsider fast

set changes:
    mostly positive, but that cleave....sounds very strong....

where are the changes to sword and board ultimate and healing staff ultimate? come on ZoS, you can do better than that.
    Edited by Checkmath on October 9, 2017 10:24PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any issue with new siphoner, there is plenty of useful stuff on green tree, so not many will invest heavy there. I'm more worried with the rune prison change, that's pretty much an unavoidable Cc, on cooldown. Really strong.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But meteor did.

Was probably your nightblade 10% spell damage passive while stealth. Only physical damage types were ever buffed from the old stealth damage crit modifier that no longer exists today.

PS4 NA DC
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Clever Alch summary looks like someone put no thought into it.

If the case was people changing gear after hitting alch, then why not just have alch put you in combat when you use a potion? Like, that's the obvious fix.

It just blows my mind that a set with a MAXIMUM UPTIME of 33% (discounting alchemical glyphs) would be nerfed to the point that there would be situations where it flat out wouldn't work.
    Edited by usmcjdking on October 9, 2017 10:26PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More garbage changes for templar...

Inadequate buffs for abilities tha still wont be used and nerfs to critical abilities the class relies on.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

If the case was people changing gear after hitting alch, then why not just have alch put you in combat when you use a potion? Like, that's the obvious fix.

It was done to nerf gankers and that is a good thing
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But meteor did.

Was probably your nightblade 10% spell damage passive while stealth. Only physical damage types were ever buffed from the old stealth damage crit modifier that no longer exists today.

Could be the case. I've just hit 25k meteors from stealth before that change. Maybe just the clever inner procs though.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wardens still need a hell of a lot of work. The bear needs more than just extra health. Winter's Revenge needs to crit off spell crit, not weapon crit. They need so many buffs to be better pve dps.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Another PTS Patch, and still nothing to address the rampant cheating via 3rd party addons (detecting incoming attacks from stealth before they're even in the air).

Sometimes I wonder if you read your forums at all.

Agreed, it's becoming a joke. It almost makes you think ZOS has secondary revenue stream from selling the paid hacks that use this api information, another 7-8 bux a month from the try hards.

Why else would the completely ignore this topic and repeatedly close threads about it?
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok ok. if u want empower on solar barrage at least change empower to work on channeled abilities too, it makes no sense only works on direct dmg
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

How does this combat gankers? Can just attack something, cloak, pot, engage. This isn't very detrimental to gank builds; it requires more set-up but gank builds have the tools to to set that up. Non-gank builds now have to actively engage the opponent, ranged builds might not have too much of an issue with this but not many ranged builds run alchemist. Melee builds now need to expose themselves to uneccessary risks to activate a 5pc that is activated by CONSUMABLES?

What sense does this even make? Just have the set put you in combat. You lose stealth bonus (due to inability to re-stealth), can't mount, can't swap gear, and are otherwise limited to the same factors as intended with the nerf.

The set is not strong enough to warrant the nerf it was just given.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solar Barrage - Still got the wrong buff. It's as useless as ever since most Templar skills are damage over time that don't benefit from empower, and certainly the ones they have that do benefit are not big enough to bother with.

Eclipse, and the other REAL CC skills like Rune Prison - At least they won't be a drain when targeting immune targets. Eclipse still is useless in pve, along with the others that can't affect the enemies you may actually WANT to use it on, i.e. bosses.
    Combat control in this game is a joke compared to older games that found ways to balance real CC. Too bad City of Heroes isn't playable right now to show you how it is really done, although I wouldn't be playing this game if it still was.

Immovable - Not enough. It's still stamina only for a magicka/stamina armor type and still costs far too much.

Cleansing Ritual - It's too expensive already and you're making it worse because pvpers spammed the 5 cleanse morph when the base and Ritual of Retribution ones are not used as much for the cleanse. I use this for heal and damage, mainly to get aggro on a group of enemies and add a smaller DoT because of the 2 second ticks.
    This change was not asked for and unnecessary because templars are not overpowered. A change for change's sake does not justify the time wasted.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on October 9, 2017 11:18PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does this combat gankers? Can just attack something, cloak, pot, engage. This isn't very detrimental to gank builds; it requires more set-up but gank builds have the tools to to set that up. Non-gank builds now have to actively engage the opponent, ranged builds might not have too much of an issue with this but not many ranged builds run alchemist. Melee builds now need to expose themselves to uneccessary risks to activate a 5pc that is activated by CONSUMABLES?

What sense does this even make? Just have the set put you in combat. You lose stealth bonus (due to inability to re-stealth), can't mount, can't swap gear, and are otherwise limited to the same factors as intended with the nerf.

Especially if magNB is running shadow Image and necropotence, and Clever. Just going to hit shadow image, pop potion, cloak, gank. Moving the button push from in front of shadow image to after.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Willing to pay 20k crowns to watch Eric Wrobel livestream a magicka DK in open world Cyrodiil for an hour.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Willing to pay 20k crowns to watch Eric Wrobel livestream a magicka DK in open world Cyrodiil for an hour.

probably gonna sit on some siege amidst the faction zerg and leftclick every couple of seconds
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Earthen Heart
    Petrify: This ability and its morphs can no longer be cast on a crowd-control immune enemy.
    Not being able to spam my fav skill in PvP anymore
    1507581899442.jpg
    Btw, nice job about wings

I genuinely lol'ed, nice one.
    EU | PC | AD
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I sense unbalance with this. Something along the lines of clever alchemist +shalk without being engaged in fight.
    Edited by templesus on October 9, 2017 10:44PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Those PVP whiners asked for the Destro Ulti nerf, right? **** you!

The PvE version was left unchanged, I thought ?

Some of us actually use Eye of the Storm in PVE because it's easier to maintain on a group of enemies when we're positioning. Templars built for melee will definitely feel this, if they use it. I do.
    Also, the base skill behaves the same as the Elemental Rage morph, just shorter duration, so they actually nerfed Elemental Rage unless they buffed its damage to compensate. They should have just nerfed Eye of the Storm only, or found another way to only hurt pvp and leave pve alone.

Thanks for nothing, ZOS.
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    Of course we need to buff things that only plays a considerable roll in Xv1 situations. Siphoner: that passive that LITERALLY only helps zergs who are fighting smaller numbers (Zerg v Zerg fights won't be affeced by it that much).

Good job, as if being outnumbered wasn't a big enough disadvantage.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel