The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cp being added to BG !! ( as of now )

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard lol I ALMOST posted a real picture of myself and quickly had to change it to something I had on hand lol. Caught me!

Dude I wouldn't have a brag BG in the same forum as @RouDeR 's stats

I might be behind the times on this one, but isn’t he a tank warden that uses the ground target dots to get big damage?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    @Thogard lol I ALMOST posted a real picture of myself and quickly had to change it to something I had on hand lol. Caught me!

I might be behind the times on this one, but isn’t he a tank warden that uses the ground target dots to get big damage?

The secret (yes btw) is actually the armor set that deals 4% of your health in damage to the attacker per block.

That means, say you go: LA + Swallow + Will (or any combo) you also take approximately 6k DMG yourself (after battlespirit etc) or more.

Literally to try and kill that build gives it all it's damage.

Without that set the difference in damage is easily 1 mill
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Pics? Someone said pics...

I'm pretty good looking... Want a pic? Just ask!

Lmfao (I'm not lying though!)

BTW here's a BG pic:

XeuJ0hP.png

Oh yeah...

What's this thread about again?

Oh sweet. Are we posting brag photos? I want to play.

OZiSQDG.jpg

(Sorc OP - he has since been relegated to PvE duty and is somewhere in VMA right now lol)

Can't be a brag pic if your team lost broski

Oh hush lol. I’ll cherish that 27:0 for as long as I can because there’s no way I could pull it off on a Stam toon lol.

Have you heard of stam warden? It's the stamina variation of the new class that came out in morrowind and it can put out 18k AoE LOLBURST while also being able to nearly permablock on off bar
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The secret (yes btw) is actually the armor set that deals 4% of your health in damage to the attacker per block.

That means, say you go: LA + Swallow + Will (or any combo) you also take approximately 6k DMG yourself (after battlespirit etc) or more.

How’s the burst though? What’s to stop my team from just outright ignoring it like we do any magplar guard combo?

In chaosball I could see it being effective, and the new crazy king game mode.

You Xbox guys seem really seem to love your ground targets. The other Xbox build thread I read was that magplar using wall of elements in light armor and no shield.... Hopefully a skilled player can bring a build like this to PC NA and run it against an organized group like mine. I can’t imagine it working well, but lord knows I’ve been wrong before and will be wrong again.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How’s the burst though? What’s to stop my team from just outright ignoring it like we do any magplar guard combo?

In chaosball I could see it being effective, and the new crazy king game mode.

You Xbox guys seem really seem to love your ground targets. The other Xbox build thread I read was that magplar using wall of elements in light armor and no shield.... Hopefully a skilled player can bring a build like this to PC NA and run it against an organized group like mine. I can’t imagine it working well, but lord knows I’ve been wrong before and will be wrong again.

All ground targets serve the same purpose, area denial. You cannot hold a flag during a 4v4 if there's a blazing spear, path, and wall on it, your team will wipe or have to give up the flag. Furthermore, ground targets soft counter melee builds. When stam build X eats some burst and tries to permablock turtle he's got wall ticking on him for full damage. These skills are particularly strong if you can get an early wipe on the best opponent in objective games since you then can literally win a game with area denial. In DM it's use is fairly obvious, given the way people clump up.

I don't think it's the meta by any means, just playing devils advocate for the strat. If you've got a spammable, don't want destro ult, and don't need reach then it's wall or ele drain and there's a case to be made for both but wall is obviously superior in an aoe situation.

They're too easy to kite for me to rely on them heavily.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 20, 2017 10:07PM
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    We should have both options for CP and nonCP.

I can imagine there will be battlegrounds matches where not a single person dies. Oh what fun that will lol.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP BG for people with a lot of CP that are really bad - hoping that they can get matched up against low CP people and finally feel the domination.

CP in BG = bad idea
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be the time I play, but literally 3 players, each separately, ques for BGs, even though the time they qued was staggered, they all still placed in the same matches for at minimum 5 matches.

This tells me, (I even was placed in these matches late) that the player pool is so thin that I couldn't avoid running into them.

I'm sure activating CP is an experiment in population increase. I'm also thinking after enough time BGs will be sold separately
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why CP is terrible for BG's and why you should care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzxWwVMZsV0&t=3s
    Edited by Taylor_MB on October 21, 2017 4:21AM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW here's a BG pic:

XeuJ0hP.png

Oh yeah...

OZiSQDG.jpg

(Sorc OP - he has since been relegated to PvE duty and is somewhere in VMA right now lol)

Oh hush lol. I’ll cherish that 27:0 for as long as I can because there’s no way I could pull it off on a Stam toon lol.

Have you heard of stam warden? It's the stamina variation of the new class that came out in morrowind and it can put out 18k AoE LOLBURST while also being able to nearly permablock on off bar

Keyword I lol

i always get too greedy with stam chars and over extend.

On sorc i can just stay back and reapply dat mage wrath. i dont even run bolt escape or lightning storm on my sorc, i just dont compromise my position.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

BTW here's a BG pic:

XeuJ0hP.png

Oh yeah...

OZiSQDG.jpg

Keyword I lol

On sorc i can just stay back and reapply dat mage wrath. i dont even run bolt escape or lightning storm on my sorc, i just dont compromise my position.

Now you talk about things that work on Xbox but wouldn't on PC then tell me this. There's nothing you can do when focused, how does this work?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW here's a BG pic:

XeuJ0hP.png

Oh yeah...

OZiSQDG.jpg

Keyword I lol

Now you talk about things that work on Xbox but wouldn't on PC then tell me this. There's nothing you can do when focused, how does this work?

Not quite sure i understand the question. But i think the answer is to focus the right targets and to make sure they're compromising their position. go for the one thats farthest away from the group, bait their DPS to move away from the healer.. .extend or push through, etc.

edit: to clarify, we want to try to get a group to spread out so that they aren't getting synergies, heals, or able to focus. This allows you to focus them down one at a time without risking getting focused yourself. Using ground target AOE damage is the exact opposite style of play.
    Edited by Thogard on October 21, 2017 5:30AM

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

BTW here's a BG pic:

XeuJ0hP.png

Oh yeah...

OZiSQDG.jpg

Keyword I lol

Not quite sure i understand the question. But i think the answer is to focus the right targets and to make sure they're compromising their position. go for the one thats farthest away from the group, bait their DPS to move away from the healer.. .extend or push through, etc.

edit: to clarify, we want to try to get a group to spread out so that they aren't getting synergies, heals, or able to focus. This allows you to focus them down one at a time without risking getting focused yourself. Using ground target AOE damage is the exact opposite style of play.

what I mean is how can you survive getting focused by 2 targets on a mag sorc with no mobility.

I'm just noting how that wouldn't fly on Xbox, the same way you say ground aoe doesn't work on PC
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW here's a BG pic:

XeuJ0hP.png

Oh yeah...

OZiSQDG.jpg

Keyword I lol

what I mean is how can you survive getting focused by 2 targets on a mag sorc with no mobility.

I'm just noting how that wouldn't fly on Xbox, the same way you say ground aoe doesn't work on PC

every mag sorc i know runs resto ult and kites. if enemies use a gap closer to get the mag sorc, they're putting themselves out of range of their healers, so our DPS will gap close them and kill them before the sorc dies (or before their healer gets in range). thats why mag sorc stays in the backfield.

but a lot of good groups dont run mag sorcs. my group runs one at the moment but hes in heavy and is more of a healer / execute spammer.

was duoing with him yesterday. he has really good positioning and the fact that its hard to notice him even though im getting healed and hes getting kills says a lot about where he is.

www.twitch.tv/videos/183526183

Edited by Thogard on October 21, 2017 6:16AM

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every mag sorc i know runs resto ult and kites.

It's like you don't even know me :(

S+B and Destro MagSorc for life.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    every mag sorc i know runs resto ult and kites.

It's like you don't even know me :(

S+B and Destro MagSorc for life.

You'll always be a nightblade to me! <3

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda sucks. I'd like to have options for both.

I just got friends into the game, they hit 160 last weekend. no-cp battlegrounds was the perfect spot to introduce them to pvp concepts, since it was a fairly 'controlled' environment and they weren't getting near one shot by guys like me.

They felt like they were contributing to fights and helping the team.
    Now.. They're more than discouraged.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot on @Grimlok_S in our guild we have a few 160-200 players keen on BG to learn etc and when CWC drops they are going to have it tough.

I assume ZOS are counting on more CP690 players who were out off my no-CP coming in than the number of low CP players we are losing. I seriously doubt that math!!

Any PC dudes about to tell us the sky hasn't fallen in and its working???
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After those couple days me and all my friends that were playing bgs since its introduction hates new cp bgs. Some wont go bg with cp ever again. So, thx zos.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    After those couple days me and all my friends that were playing bgs since its introduction hates new cp bgs. Some wont go bg with cp ever again. So, thx zos.

I've talked to about 10 PC NA players and the response has been overwhelmingly negative, I'm considering taking an extra few days off work and enjoying it while it lasts.

Sadly, if they suck with CP the only way to get them changed back is to stop playing then so the pop gets lower than before, otherwise ZoS will just declare it a success because it increases the population
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 25, 2017 6:08PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    The biggest problem with ESO PvP is Damage. Damage isn't high enough in most cases—and it's most definitely not consistent enough. BGs should have a 25k health cap, and disable the use of Heavy Armor. Those two changes would really go a long way towards providing fast-paced gameplay where it's more about dealing & avoding damage, and less about absorbing/healing through damage. I'd even say nerf impen & impreg as well—maybe hardcap crit resist in BGs to 1500.

Capping crit resist would make night blades extremely OP. Wouldn't work.
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

L2P or grind CP like everybody else does. This game has atleast another healthy 2-3 years you can easily get to cp 700 within 6 months.

Plus what can you possibly enjoy in this game with no cp?

You got 1 non cp campaign in cyrodil and you HAD non cp bg.

If thats what brings you to this game you should player another game or level up and enjoy the whole thing.

The old l2p rebuttal... Tired af. The implication you make that no cp means you can't play is dumb. Bg's suffers from participants on PS4. CP doesn't fix anything, it just changes things up enough so that people might try it out again and therefore revive bg's.

The fact its actually harder to make a character that can open world pvp in cp camps, pve & bg in non cp with just minimal changes is what i took pride in. Alot of people these days can't chew bubblegum and walk so allowing cp actually solicits those players. L2P lol smdh

• INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed non cp bg's because i didn't have to respec CP just to BG with my main. Now we have another chore to do if we want to enjoy as much as possible. Im also provincial and cannot abide all these small toggles back and forth in lieu of actual improvements.

The average player cannot keep up, nor want to keep up with having to read forums every month to see flavour of the month changes. Guys have been playing 3 years and every change it takes them 3/4 of the time until the next creep to get things together and its just infuriating.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG Population has hugely increase since its CP enabled.

Queues are much shorter

Thats all.

Edited by Vanzen on November 1, 2017 8:24AM
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »

Queues are much shorter

Thats all.

waiting for a link to prove increase in population. Any number can be taken right out of your [snip] and posted here so proof or gtfo. Only way you can have any indication about numbers is by spotting who you play against, names. If the same players are repeated, then its probably, likely, not increased numbers (my experience). If you are being pitted against new players every match, it could mean an increase in pop.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 5, 2017 5:00PM
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

Queues are much shorter

Thats all.

I don't have screenshots from ZOS but I do notice Im getting more balanced matches and faster ques than I did before and im also seeing a lot of fresh faces instead of the same stupid premades every match

edit:screw this quoting system lmao.
    Edited by BroanBeast1215 on November 1, 2017 5:53PM
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Queues are much shorter

Thats all.

I don't have screenshots from ZOS but I do notice Im getting more balanced matches and faster ques than I did before and im also seeing a lot of fresh faces instead of the same stupid premades every match

edit:screw this quoting system lmao.

That.

I dont need numbers I ve spent 90% of my time in BG since it came out.

So "my impression" lets say ... is that the queues are much shorter since CP ...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did my regular switch from stam to magicka templar I see to do every week (maybe some day; I will just roll another toon to stop this) and while I had my CP blanked out, I ran around for a while just to test. Its kind of crazy to me how much CP does. Its small when you look at just 1 thing, but it really adds up. I could see a big problem when you can just focus all your CP to build specifically for battlegrounds. They shifted a lot of our characters strength to CP.

That said; its kind of gotten boring without CP as they have done this shift further and further each patch.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ While queues are shorter that doesn't mean more people are playing. It could also mean the queue system is working better.

That being said, I've joined a match with Chaosball kicking in. Had an opportunity to get the ball for 60 points and then just gave up.
    In non-cp I used to use the tactics and planning to "steal" a ball from players and then keep it as long as I could. It was fun and fast.

Now? One tanky build picked it up, others followed. Nobody could touch him, when he (finally) died from the ball, his team members picked it up. It was an exchange. Literally.

My personal opinion, but I really couldn't care less if more people was playing BG *if* those BGs are now toxic and not fun.

The ONLY viable option, if player base does get bigger, is to enable non-cp again for people that actually like fast action and have fun playing the game. That's the best option of all. If 10-50 BGs are there, I really see no reason for non-cp to be closed or transformed to CP.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

Queues are much shorter

Thats all.

waiting for a link to prove increase in population. Any number can be taken right out of your [snip] and posted here so proof or gtfo. Only way you can have any indication about numbers is by spotting who you play against, names. If the same players are repeated, then its probably, likely, not increased numbers (my experience). If you are being pitted against new players every match, it could mean an increase in pop.

I don't have screenshots from ZOS but I do notice Im getting more balanced matches and faster ques than I did before and im also seeing a lot of fresh faces instead of the same stupid premades every match[/quote]
    maboleth wrote: »
    ^ While queues are shorter that doesn't mean more people are playing. It could also mean the queue system is working better.

That being said, I've joined a match with Chaosball kicking in. Had an opportunity to get the ball for 60 points and then just gave up.
    In non-cp I used to use the tactics and planning to "steal" a ball from players and then keep it as long as I could. It was fun and fast.

Now? One tanky build picked it up, others followed. Nobody could touch him, when he (finally) died from the ball, his team members picked it up. It was an exchange. Literally.

My personal opinion, but I really couldn't care less if more people was playing BG *if* those BGs are now toxic and not fun.

The ONLY viable option, if player base does get bigger, is to enable non-cp again for people that actually like fast action and have fun playing the game. That's the best option of all. If 10-50 BGs are there, I really see no reason for non-cp to be closed or transformed to CP.

I get where you're coming from

tbh I didn't think anyone liked chaosball to begin with lol

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 9, 2017 5:08PM