The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Nightblades

• ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    So i was thinking of an idea for manifestation of terror, which will most likely never be used as a main cc for most nightblades to be quite honest. due to it having an arming time mostly, and also having to deal with making someone step on it.

keeping to the idea of this morph having an arming time, how about the morph still drops a delayed fear trap where you're looking, but instead of dropping another trap under you, you would instead cast a delayed fear spell that would activate as soon as your trap arms, ie 3 seconds, fearing up to 2 enemies within a 6 meter radius of you.

Having a delayed fear which isn't a trap attached to this skill might actually cause some people to choose this morph, because the main drawback of this ability(on live) is that you absolutely need to have someone step on your trap since its your main cc. so as it is currently, sometimes(or maybe most of the time) people wont step on your traps unless you're in a pretty enclosed area making this cc too niche for general use.

I suggest the delayed fear which activates on you, instead of a fear which activates instantly to make this morph still act differently from the other morph, and also to stay with the theme of a delayed cc which manifestation of terror currently has. but i also suggest that multiple fear traps can be put down( i'd say 2 or 3), otherwise the trap will just keep moving every time we try to use the fear which would activate on our character. in concession to this proposed idea, the fear trap should not fear that many people(currently 6 on pts). so the trap would only fear only 2, or even one enemy.

But the actual trap part of this morph needs to be a little more useful, in my opinion, as well. what is the point of having someone step on a trap right now? to line up burst better i would say, since not needing to use a global cooldown to cast fear(since it has already been placed), you could potentially get in another attack before the enemy breaks free. but if having a delayed fear emit from your character does that better, the trap part of this morph needs do a little more for us to want to kite people into them. I suggest that the trap part of this skill cause damage to whoever it cc's, or possibly do aoe damage to nearby enemies. depending on the damage, you could set up some pretty good burst with this.

Adding all of these things onto this skill may or may not be stacking this skill with too much stuff, but some major things are gonna have to change about this skill for people to actually choose this morph.

Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Aiphaton wrote: »
    Also, while Wardens and dks do have abilities that scales to their own health, nbs should have something that scales to their targets health, be it for heals or damage. It's a much better tool set imo for a nb, and much more appropriately themed.

Do you consider at any fact, that the Dk shild in PvP is 2,6k strong?
    Oh yeah such a great shild turn 4k magicka into 1k stam and you get a 2,6k shild...

Why do you even complain about a Nightblade ?
    Do you have any class which has a 70 Point Ultimate ?
    Which first stuns the target, second deals 14k dmg, gives your opponent Major Defile and gives you greater beserc.

Leap isnt that strong, Dawnbreaker isnt that strong....

Also the Nightblade will not suffer from the shuffle change, Stam Dk gonna suffer or any class which has to use Heavy Armor in PvP.
    Do you consider at any fact that there are any other classes outside ?
    Evrything gets destroyed by incap.. Have fun to get destroyed if you play medium stam Dk cause of shuffle, you had to go for heavy Armor cause you had no back off skill, like shadow or cloak.
    Since you guys a have a spammable which gives you major fracture and breach, medium armor isnt a solution at all.

People who complain about Cloak and Shadow that they are to weak, are the worst player.
    Both Skill gives the Nightblade such a great boost and mobillity and also a high dmg.
    And pls dont come like we are squishy... A HELL YOU ARENT
    Do your Dodgeroll thing till the end of the world, then run away get back ambush fear incap <3 enemy is dead, Tbg the person, feel great of your skill.
    Best balanced class..

So consider to nerf incap
    IF you read the person post he said DK and Templars shield stack off max health if you stack health on your dk your shield will be higher. A regular stamdk will have a low shield just like a stamblade.

If you get hit with a 14k incap you build is bad.You can dodge the CC and the damage from Incap.The only Ultimate that is dodgeable.So yea it can give you all that if It hits which isn't likely shuffle allow you to dodge the attack while CC,Now I wasted a ultimate. A Dk can hit a14k leap that's undodgable and AoE so can hit multiple people.Same with Dawnbreaker that also leave a dot.Lets talk about crescent sweep which deals 13k damage and cost 75 ultimate and is undodgable. None of those attack will miss Incap will.

Have to use heavy you acting like anyone want to use Meduim in its current state its just plan bad on everything.Heavy is miles better than meduim. You take less damage better healing and more weapon stacking sets.You know why meduim sucks all the undodgable abilities which NB have none of every thing a NB have is dodgeable.

If you can't stop a NB from cloaking use Voltive armor,If you see a NB plant a shade fight him near the shade GG tbat NB can't escape unless your a potatoe.Did you know multiple dodge rolls in a row cost more and more stam.So you can probably only dodge about 4-5 times if your lucky in the meduim of combat.Your post is a giant l2p issue.

Dodge roll only 4 to 5 times? I promise I can dodge roll more than that lol. Not to mention, don't spam dodge roll. Wait a second as the dodge roll animation itself, plus a second after you've got another resource tick. Using LoS properly and it helps even more. If you're spamming dodge roll you're probably at a point where you're screwed anyways and even without dodge fatigue you're going to die. Plus, cloak is great. It has its issues. But cloak plus shadow image is awesome. Let a DK use volatile as I teleport well put of range, vigor and cloak back to full HP.

I'm not saying heavy isn't super strong and I'm not saying medium doesn't need a buff. But making medium out to be some super gimped thing is far from the truth for NB.
    In context of his post he said in the middle of battle and spamming roll dodge and then comeback ambush and incap someone.In the middle of a fight lets say 2 minutes in your around 50-60% stam if you manage yoou stam well maybe higher roll dodging 4-5 times in a row at most your out if stam.Again that person said spam dodge roll only a idiot spam dodge roll.

If you fight anyone who know what they are doing they will fight you on your shade.If you run and plant another in a fight you on the new shade and voltive will break your cloak when you need it.Its awesome against bad players or when you can pull your enemy away from it.When you can't your screwed.Meduim sucks facing anyone who know what they are doing is a waste of time.

I mean...why bring up half way through a fight? that's a bit silly don't you think? I mean, I can throw random numbers out too. Did you know that if I had 10% stamina left I'd only be able to roll dodge maybe twice? Heck, what if I only had 5%!? O MAN, I'd only be able to roll dodge once! I'm just saying even if I take his post in "context" it doesn't validate it or make it any less whimsical.

and,

Thankfully, 99% of PvPers in cyro don't know what they are doing becuase I troll zerg balls with shadow image all the time. Also useful in towers and keep walls or cliffs. Plus, 1v1 is a person going to camp my shade? If I move away, are they simply going to sit there at my shade while I'm out of range, does it become a staring contest? This wood elf is very good as staring contests. Seems like the fight wouldn't get anywhere. So no, I'll cast my shade and if you want to kill me, you're going to have to come to me and fight on my terms. That or forfeit and leave, which is still a win for me because they chickened out. Teleport to shade and gap close me? Okay, gap close right into my fear and I still cloak and will be out of range of damn near every AoE you might want to use. You can break free instantly all you want and you still won't catch me when I cloak and have major expedition. Place another shade, vigor, cloak to another position and set up another burst rotation. That's the beauty of high sustain with both resources. I'm not saying it will beat everyone because I certainly won't lol, but what I am saying is even good players are going to have to earn that kill, I promise you that.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, while Wardens and dks do have abilities that scales to their own health, nbs should have something that scales to their targets health, be it for heals or damage. It's a much better tool set imo for a nb, and much more appropriately themed.

Oh yeah such a great shild turn 4k magicka into 1k stam and you get a 2,6k shild...

Which first stuns the target, second deals 14k dmg, gives your opponent Major Defile and gives you greater beserc.

Also the Nightblade will not suffer from the shuffle change, Stam Dk gonna suffer or any class which has to use Heavy Armor in PvP.
    Evrything gets destroyed by incap.. Have fun to get destroyed if you play medium stam Dk cause of shuffle, you had to go for heavy Armor cause you had no back off skill, like shadow or cloak.
    Since you guys a have a spammable which gives you major fracture and breach, medium armor isnt a solution at all.

People who complain about Cloak and Shadow that they are to weak, are the worst player.
    Both Skill gives the Nightblade such a great boost and mobillity and also a high dmg.
    Do your Dodgeroll thing till the end of the world, then run away get back ambush fear incap <3 enemy is dead, Tbg the person, feel great of your skill.
    Best balanced class..

IF you read the person post he said DK and Templars shield stack off max health if you stack health on your dk your shield will be higher. A regular stamdk will have a low shield just like a stamblade.

If you get hit with a 14k incap you build is bad.You can dodge the CC and the damage from Incap.The only Ultimate that is dodgeable.So yea it can give you all that if It hits which isn't likely shuffle allow you to dodge the attack while CC,Now I wasted a ultimate. A Dk can hit a14k leap that's undodgable and AoE so can hit multiple people.Same with Dawnbreaker that also leave a dot.Lets talk about crescent sweep which deals 13k damage and cost 75 ultimate and is undodgable. None of those attack will miss Incap will.

Have to use heavy you acting like anyone want to use Meduim in its current state its just plan bad on everything.Heavy is miles better than meduim. You take less damage better healing and more weapon stacking sets.You know why meduim sucks all the undodgable abilities which NB have none of every thing a NB have is dodgeable.

If you can't stop a NB from cloaking use Voltive armor,If you see a NB plant a shade fight him near the shade GG tbat NB can't escape unless your a potatoe.Did you know multiple dodge rolls in a row cost more and more stam.So you can probably only dodge about 4-5 times if your lucky in the meduim of combat.Your post is a giant l2p issue.

Dodge roll only 4 to 5 times? I promise I can dodge roll more than that lol. Not to mention, don't spam dodge roll. Wait a second as the dodge roll animation itself, plus a second after you've got another resource tick. Using LoS properly and it helps even more. If you're spamming dodge roll you're probably at a point where you're screwed anyways and even without dodge fatigue you're going to die. Plus, cloak is great. It has its issues. But cloak plus shadow image is awesome. Let a DK use volatile as I teleport well put of range, vigor and cloak back to full HP.

I'm not saying heavy isn't super strong and I'm not saying medium doesn't need a buff. But making medium out to be some super gimped thing is far from the truth for NB.
    In context of his post he said in the middle of battle and spamming roll dodge and then comeback ambush and incap someone.In the middle of a fight lets say 2 minutes in your around 50-60% stam if you manage yoou stam well maybe higher roll dodging 4-5 times in a row at most your out if stam.Again that person said spam dodge roll only a idiot spam dodge roll.

If you fight anyone who know what they are doing they will fight you on your shade.If you run and plant another in a fight you on the new shade and voltive will break your cloak when you need it.Its awesome against bad players or when you can pull your enemy away from it.When you can't your screwed.Meduim sucks facing anyone who know what they are doing is a waste of time.

I mean...why bring up half way through a fight? that's a bit silly don't you think? I mean, I can throw random numbers out too. Did you know that if I had 10% stamina left I'd only be able to roll dodge maybe twice? Heck, what if I only had 5%!? O MAN, I'd only be able to roll dodge once! I'm just saying even if I take his post in "context" it doesn't validate it or make it any less whimsical.

and,

Thankfully, 99% of PvPers in cyro don't know what they are doing becuase I troll zerg balls with shadow image all the time. Also useful in towers and keep walls or cliffs. Plus, 1v1 is a person going to camp my shade? If I move away, are they simply going to sit there at my shade while I'm out of range, does it become a staring contest? This wood elf is very good as staring contests. Seems like the fight wouldn't get anywhere. So no, I'll cast my shade and if you want to kill me, you're going to have to come to me and fight on my terms. That or forfeit and leave, which is still a win for me because they chickened out. Teleport to shade and gap close me? Okay, gap close right into my fear and I still cloak and will be out of range of damn near every AoE you might want to use. You can break free instantly all you want and you still won't catch me when I cloak and have major expedition. Place another shade, vigor, cloak to another position and set up another burst rotation. That's the beauty of high sustain with both resources. I'm not saying it will beat everyone because I certainly won't lol, but what I am saying is even good players are going to have to earn that kill, I promise you that.
    Again I didn't bring up it being in the middle of the fight the OP did.No matter when the fight start your not gonna roll dodge 15 times in a row then come right back and kill anyone.

Yea if we are gonna balance the game around bad play everything is balance but we both know that's not true.Yea you refuse to fight me I'm just gonna wait for your shade to run out and fight you on your no spot if you run and hide I'm just gonna sit in my chair.We can argue this all day for real its not going anywhere.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    From the info @ZOS_Wrobel talked about on eso live today, about siphoning becoming a healtree for nbs, pls dont make it a magickabuilds only, staminanbs also need to heal you know. Thanks.

What, so they can be both offensively and defensively the strongest class in the game? If any class gets strong heal skills its templar and maybe warden. To suggest stamblade get the agony heal is just ludicrous.

If you think an offensively well built templar or warden isnt as much of a threat as a nb than i dont know what to say. If you believe for some silly arbitrary reason that only templars and wardens should be allowed to build into a strong healer than you have a lot to learn about how the game is designed.

Unless of course your hyperbolic jibberish is pure sarcasm.

Serioulsy, I agree. I've seen beast templars and Wardens putting out awesome damage while healing themselves like no other. I'm not sure this guy PvPs lol.

Because healing and damage can scale off the resource pools linearly, it creates a problem with characters having high amounts of damage while simultaneously having high amounts of healing. This is something they needed to address for a long time. There needs to some type of gating mechanism which balances the output based off the number and type of skills on the hot bar.

First the system could look at the number of skills which falls into the dps or healing and counts those. Skills that do not fall into the dps or healing category because they do not do either category are not part of the division count. Then take that total and use it to determine a division number to divide the resource pool(s) by.

Example 1: If the stam pool is 42,000 and there are 5 dps skills and 7 healing skills this number is divided by 12 so each slot counts as 3,500 resources for scaling. If the character has 5 dps skills those skills would scale based off 17,500 stam. The other 7 healing skills would scale based off 24,500 stam.

Example 2: If the magicka pool is 42,000 and there are 4 skills that are neither dps or healing, 5 dps skills and 3 healing skills this number is divided by 8 so each slot counts as 5,250 resources for scaling. If the character has 5 dps skills those skills would scale based off 26,250 magicka. The 3 healing skills would scale based off 15,750 magicka.

Example 3: If the stam pool is 22,000, magicka pool is 20,000, 2 skills that are neither dps or healing, 4 skills that are dps 1 is stam 3 are magicka, 6 skills that are healing 2 are stam and 4 are magicka.

The system would look at the stam 22,000 pool count 1 dps and 2 healing; and set the divider at 3. Each skill slot would count as 7,333 resource scaling for stam. The stam dps would scale off 7,333 stam and the healing off of 14,666 stam.

Then it would look at the magicka 20,000 pool count 3 dps skills, 4 healing skills and set the divider at 7. Each slot would count as 2,857 resource scaling for magicka. The magicka dps would scale off 8,571 magicka and the healing off 11,428 magicka.

There would need to be some adjustments to some skills’ maximum lower output values. Maybe by adding a percentage check where the scaling cannot fall below a certain amount of the resource total for cases where there is only one or two skills of that type and the character’s resource pools are split nearly evenly. Or the upper output values could be increased slightly as it shouldn’t matter too much as anyone who wanted to maximize their dps or healing output values would have to give up one or the other.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the info @ZOS_Wrobel talked about on eso live today, about siphoning becoming a healtree for nbs, pls dont make it a magickabuilds only, staminanbs also need to heal you know. Thanks.

What, so they can be both offensively and defensively the strongest class in the game? If any class gets strong heal skills its templar and maybe warden. To suggest stamblade get the agony heal is just ludicrous.

Take it easy. Im not saying nb should be the defensively strongest class, far from it. Im saying, give stamblades an option and a little boost to selfhealing, from the current ZERO healpower. That wouldn't really make them in any way strongest or even high up on the defence-ranking in this game.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭

Best balanced class..

Okay lets go with your first point --> Shuffle gives you a percentage change to dodge.. lets relay on Rng based Luck
    Second you cant see the incap coming if you get attacked out of stealth you can break the cc yes but you still have a really nice Debuff on you which gives you a hard time.
    Second i dont think my build is bad with 5x Werwolf, 5xLegion, 2x Bloodspawn :)
    Also Dk Leap doesnt hit always if you are far enough away it deals zero dmg cause you gonna land on the last position where the enemy was, i saw it often on my Dks and if you block the abillity it has done nothing.
    Incap can miss but doesnt has too.
    And pls im not talking about Aoe Dmg im talking about the abillity itself.

I know how to get a nightblade out of stealth with voltaire amor, also i use a rearming trap on the shadow itself.
    I havent asked for help to play but thanks for trying. Im not playing on Na where PvP is far away from Eu Standard

Just for you to know i play since Beta i have achieved evrything on Stam Dk and Stam Nightblade and its much easier to take people down on Nightblade then on Dk. Thanks to Incap.

I play on my Nightblade with 5x Eternal Hunt, 5x Spriggean and 2x selens, running around with 3k weapon Dmg and 2.9k Stam Reg while i have also 1,2k Magicka Regen which grants me perma cloak or shadow if i want to.
    Sorcs cant get me unless they use Soul Assault if Im in a bad spot.
    I can dodgeroll till Infinity (cause i wait 1 second after i have done the first dodgeroll) with that build and Im able to take easy down a heavy Armored Dk, Warden or Templar (asfar its not a healbot).
    Pls dont argue with L2p Issue if its your only argument..

Edited by Aiphaton on October 1, 2017 2:55PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best balanced class..

Okay lets go with your first point --> Shuffle gives you a percentage change to dodge.. lets relay on Rng based Luck
    Second you cant see the incap coming if you get attacked out of stealth you can break the cc yes but you still have a really nice Debuff on you which gives you a hard time.
    Second i dont think my build is bad with 5x Werwolf, 5xLegion, 2x Bloodspawn :)
    Also Dk Leap doesnt hit always if you are far enough away it deals zero dmg cause you gonna land on the last position where the enemy was, i saw it often on my Dks and if you block the abillity it has done nothing.
    Incap can miss but doesnt has too.
    And pls im not talking about Aoe Dmg im talking about the abillity itself.

I know how to get a nightblade out of stealth with voltaire amor, also i use a rearming trap on the shadow itself.
    I havent asked for help to play but thanks for trying. Im not playing on Na where PvP is far away from Eu Standard

Just for you to know i play since Beta i have achieved evrything on Stam Dk and Stam Nightblade and its much easier to take people down on Nightblade then on Dk. Thanks to Incap.

I play on my Nightblade with 5x Eternal Hunt, 5x Spriggean and 2x selens, running around with 3k weapon Dmg and 2.9k Stam Reg while i have also 1,2k Magicka Regen which grants me perma cloak or shadow if i want to.
    Sorcs cant get me unless they use Soul Assault if Im in a bad spot.
    I can dodgeroll till Infinity (cause i wait 1 second after i have done the first dodgeroll) with that build and Im able to take easy down a heavy Armored Dk, Warden or Templar (asfar its not a healbot).
    Pls dont argue with L2p Issue if its your only argument..

Damn you played from beta and your still bad it's sad but it's ok it's a lot of players like you.You can have the best build in the game doesn't mean you know how to play it,or you will preform as well as the person. Who created it.Hey that RNG base proc proc alot when it only proc on dodgeable skills which is why it proc alot for people.Which mean that it's a large chance to proc on incap.Main reason why people hate shuffle it dodges there dodgable abilities since it only has to dodge those abilities.

While yea you can hit someone from stealth with incap you no longer have the stealth damage boost so again no 14k incap.Also while ganking someone they can walkout the range of your incap just by chance.If they have shuffle up just passively dodge your attack.That Debuff major defile is pretty much cancels out by your Dk Major mending and heavy passive.The extra damage is nice but it's not gonna end the fight if you know how to play your class.

You know you can also block incap right?It's really not hard to do.Again damn right be saved by shuffle.Come on dude incap can miss but doesn't have to any ability can miss that's idiotic statement any attack can miss .You don't have to be talking about AOE attacks single target attacks should deal more damage than AOE attack in ESO that's not the case.Your Leap,my Dawnbreaker or even crescent sweeps hit just as hard if not harder.They usually won't miss unless you potatoe and can't be roll dodge. When comparing a ability you have to also talk about its downsides.A incap won't always land but generally a leap will.

It doesn't matter where you play Xbox PC,PS4 a potatoe a potatoe.If you play bad you bad all platforms have good players it doesn't matter, Where you play.You know dodge fatigue is 4 seconds right no one can dodge infinitely.Infinitely would mean you dodge roll in a loop stopping ends that loop.Dodge roll is one GCD, if you wait a second your still have 2 seconds of fatigue.

Yea I'm say it's a l2p issue your build is a ok NB don't like having to use proc for my damage if you can combine the rune from external hunt with a incap, selene proc it can kill most bad players.It won't kill any decent players.
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭

Im not gonna argue with a person who cant stick to facts. If you keep telling me I have l2p Issue and im bad okay go ahead.
    Oh btw you dont combine the rune of Eternal Hunt for Dmg its for escaping only , but yeah well explained Mastertroll without any clue im just gonna ignore your useless comments <3

And heres a funny meme for you
    b6b20f9de72cb45bea9ecce936004cac--bother-quotes-someecards-workplace.jpg
    Edited by Aiphaton on October 2, 2017 12:03AM
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Wrobel wrote: »
    We’d like to address a few common concerns we’ve been seeing in this thread. First: Agony. We appreciate all the feedback we’ve received so far on the changes to this ability, but understand some of you feel casting Agony on multiple players currently feels too risky. To counter this, we’re planning to change this to an upfront cost instead of damage each tick, and reduce its duration. We also want to make Executioner more useful, and will be implementing some changes in an upcoming PTS patch. This will include having it give resources back instantly, and making it proc when an enemy dies within a couple seconds of using an Assassination ability.

As an aside, we’re also looking at making Assassin’s Will an instant cast instead of having it be a super short cast.

We’ve also seen requests to modify Power Extraction, and to add an ability that scales off your maximum health. While we won’t be addressing these in this update, it’s something we’re exploring for the future.

We appreciate everyone who’s taken the time to test the class changes on the PTS and provide feedback. Keep it coming!

@ZOS_Wrobel Thank you for taking the time & informing us on some possible changes to come. These possible changes sound great. I'm just hoping NB tanks will be able to utilize the Executioner passive, the only assassination skills I use on my tank are mirage & soul harvest (just for ultimate regen). I really like the idea of having an ability that scales off of our max health but could you please also keep in mind that NB tanks would love an aoe root.
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not gonna argue with a person who cant stick to facts. If you keep telling me I have l2p Issue and im bad okay go ahead.
    Oh btw you dont combine the rune of Eternal Hunt for Dmg its for escaping only , but yeah well explained Mastertroll without any clue im just gonna ignore your useless comments <3

And heres a funny meme for you
    b6b20f9de72cb45bea9ecce936004cac--bother-quotes-someecards-workplace.jpg
    You don't even know how to combine use rune to line up your burst lmao.What fact did I ignore that incap can miss,be dodge,Blocked and just walked out of the range.That AOE ultimate hit just as hard as incap and can hit multiple people and have none of the issue incap have.Im sorry if you out of arguments if you need help.learning how to play stamblade or DO let me know I glad to help you.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best balanced class..

and,

Again I didn't bring up it being in the middle of the fight the OP did.No matter when the fight start your not gonna roll dodge 15 times in a row then come right back and kill anyone.

Yea if we are gonna balance the game around bad play everything is balance but we both know that's not true.Yea you refuse to fight me I'm just gonna wait for your shade to run out and fight you on your no spot if you run and hide I'm just gonna sit in my chair.We can argue this all day for real its not going anywhere.

No, I know. I get it. I didn't intend to make it sound like you said it, I know the OP did I was just saying.

Even then though one could just recast shade cloak and reposition.

I'm certainly not saying it's an "I win" button. But from my personal experience it works very well against 99% of players out there. Sure it won't work against a "tier one" player, but how often do you come across those people? If I kill 99 people but die to the one player who out plays me I'm still in the positive.

I'm trying to look at this with some positivity lol.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »

If you think an offensively well built templar or warden isnt as much of a threat as a nb than i dont know what to say. If you believe for some silly arbitrary reason that only templars and wardens should be allowed to build into a strong healer than you have a lot to learn about how the game is designed.

Unless of course your hyperbolic jibberish is pure sarcasm.

Serioulsy, I agree. I've seen beast templars and Wardens putting out awesome damage while healing themselves like no other. I'm not sure this guy PvPs lol.

Because healing and damage can scale off the resource pools linearly, it creates a problem with characters having high amounts of damage while simultaneously having high amounts of healing. This is something they needed to address for a long time. There needs to some type of gating mechanism which balances the output based off the number and type of skills on the hot bar.

First the system could look at the number of skills which falls into the dps or healing and counts those. Skills that do not fall into the dps or healing category because they do not do either category are not part of the division count. Then take that total and use it to determine a division number to divide the resource pool(s) by.

Example 1: If the stam pool is 42,000 and there are 5 dps skills and 7 healing skills this number is divided by 12 so each slot counts as 3,500 resources for scaling. If the character has 5 dps skills those skills would scale based off 17,500 stam. The other 7 healing skills would scale based off 24,500 stam.

Example 2: If the magicka pool is 42,000 and there are 4 skills that are neither dps or healing, 5 dps skills and 3 healing skills this number is divided by 8 so each slot counts as 5,250 resources for scaling. If the character has 5 dps skills those skills would scale based off 26,250 magicka. The 3 healing skills would scale based off 15,750 magicka.

Example 3: If the stam pool is 22,000, magicka pool is 20,000, 2 skills that are neither dps or healing, 4 skills that are dps 1 is stam 3 are magicka, 6 skills that are healing 2 are stam and 4 are magicka.

The system would look at the stam 22,000 pool count 1 dps and 2 healing; and set the divider at 3. Each skill slot would count as 7,333 resource scaling for stam. The stam dps would scale off 7,333 stam and the healing off of 14,666 stam.

Then it would look at the magicka 20,000 pool count 3 dps skills, 4 healing skills and set the divider at 7. Each slot would count as 2,857 resource scaling for magicka. The magicka dps would scale off 8,571 magicka and the healing off 11,428 magicka.

There would need to be some adjustments to some skills’ maximum lower output values. Maybe by adding a percentage check where the scaling cannot fall below a certain amount of the resource total for cases where there is only one or two skills of that type and the character’s resource pools are split nearly evenly. Or the upper output values could be increased slightly as it shouldn’t matter too much as anyone who wanted to maximize their dps or healing output values would have to give up one or the other.

That would be a welcome change. I see what you're saying.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic totally became PvP topic for NB... Players that don't pvp much like me due to endless loading screens in Cyrodil won't find anything interesting here...

@ZOS When will you fix problem that exist since 2014? Loading screens in cyro are pretty bad these days, tried everything... Turning off addons, lowering graphic from ultra settings to lowest (so the game looked like from 2005), running solo, running in groups and freakin hell nothing helped... I would understand if I would have potato PC but If I can run Witcher III on ultra settings than I should at least run in Cyrodil on lowest settings without the freakin' loading screens...

I am kinda fed up of spawning when being sieged on camp and getting killed again while I am still on loading screen...
  • Vrenk
    Vrenk
    ✭✭✭
    Please buff Imaple, compare it to mages fury/wrath and imaple feels like a unmorphed, reflectable ability with a cast time please buff!

- Make goblins a playable race
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eruranion wrote: »
    Please buff Imaple, compare it to mages fury/wrath and imaple feels like a unmorphed, reflectable ability with a cast time please buff!

It has no cast time though :/
    EU | PC | AD
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

impale is an instant cast......
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tested the new Offering, here's some observations:
    • Still doesn't scale with stamina/weapon damage.
    • Minor Mending morph (Healthy Offering) costs 6751 health to cast & the other morph (Shrewd Offering) reduces the cost to 5738. These costs do not seem to scale with anything and the damage dealt isn't affected by any modifier (including Battle Spirit). The heal portion still scales with Battle Spirit & everything else though.
    • The damage goes through dmg shields.
    • You cannot cast the skill if you are below the health treshold.
    • Breaks cloak & deals damage to you if cast while cloaked (previous version dealt the dmg to you but didn't break cloak).
    Edited by DDuke on October 2, 2017 10:12PM
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage portion of malevolent offering is still not affected by battle spirit with the resent update. So, what you will have is players will take 6751 damage only to heal for 7272 health. Which means they are only getting around 521 health return with healthy offering and 1206 health return with shrewd offering over an 8 second period. This isn’t helpful even with the minor mending from healthy offering.

The change to the instant cost was understandable but now health regeneration can’t be used as effectively to combat the health cost. Maybe it would be better to split the cost between health and magicka if that easier to do than making the damage portion effected by battle spirit.

Edit:
    I want add this idea; how about malevolent offering be changed to use part health and part magicka as a cost. Healthy offering be changed to use health and part magicka as a cost with minor mending being the additive. Shrewd offering be made to scale off stamina and use health and part stamina as a cost with minor protection being the additive. That way there is a choice for magicka/stam/hybrid build types, at the same time preserving the idea of sacrificing life force which goes along with the skill tree theme.
    Edited by umagon on October 3, 2017 12:57AM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

impale is an instant cast......

Yes but the travel time is very low. You press the skill and for 1 second nothing happens, then the projectile pops up and then it flies to your enemy and 2 seconds after you pushed the button impale hit it's target.
    And a dodge roll during this time will break it + you have to directly look at your target otherwise the skill will just bug out and nothing happens but you are still losing resources
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CC into Assassins Will (which is now an instant cast) is so absurdly strong now. It's barely possible to break the CC in time to avoid Assassins Will. Reminds me at the new sorc combo which can give you a guaranteed hit for the meteor, curse, frag combo...

@DDuke
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    • Minor Mending morph (Healthy Offering) costs 6751 health to cast & the other morph (Shrewd Offering) reduces the cost to 5738. These costs do not seem to scale with anything and the damage dealt isn't affected by any modifier (including Battle Spirit). The heal portion still scales with Battle Spirit & everything else though.
    • Breaks cloak & deals damage to you if cast while cloaked (previous version dealt the dmg to you but didn't break cloak).

Lol well that makes it absolutely useless for PVP.
    Getting barely anything out of it and mutagen looks like a much better option that HEALS you not damages you first and removes a negative effect if you go too low and gives a bit more.

This new skill is genuinely borderline useless...

You've been on the PTS so do you have any personal opinions?
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a weird skill right now. I blame the initial ill-informed reaction of the players, that just wailed on it without even trying it out for themselves and making their own opinion.

I liked the previous version better, it was easier to manage the damage. Even rally was doing OK with managing the damage then, let alone rapids right now.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a change to cripple? For Stamblades?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Lol well that makes it absolutely useless for PVP.
    Getting barely anything out of it and mutagen looks like a much better option that HEALS you not damages you first and removes a negative effect if you go too low and gives a bit more.

You've been on the PTS so do you have any personal opinions?

Well, I mostly play my stamblade so all I can say is that it's even more useless for me than it was before.

Before you'd have a very weak heal (the heal portion outhealed the dmg portion) with 10s duration, now you've got slightly stronger (still much weaker than Vigor) that doesn't even heal for the amount of dmg dealt in PvP (as dmg dealt doesn't scale with Battle Spirit while heal does).

Simply put: it's bad.

For magicka NB I can't see this new version as a buff either, very often there's a scenario where you're low (below the 5,7-6,8k treshold) on health and need some heals - in those situations you can't even cast this skill. In other situations it's usually too risky (whether we're talking about PvE or PvP) to take 5,7-6,8k unmitigated dmg.

Not a fan.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah agony is definitely not designed for a stamina nightblade. Stamina builds have rally as their burst heal which they can't spam and don't really have shields so it's never gonna work. They would need to be in a group at which point there is no point slotting it anyway.

On magicka nightblade I think it's a good skill if you can make room for it on your bars- even in pvp with battlespirit (although it's kind of silly that it's basically twice as expensive in pvp health cost : heal wise due to battlespirit). Basically you just use agony followed by healing ward/ ward ally. You can even deliberately trigger earthgore with it if you wanted to. I'm not sure if there is really room to slot it - that's the main concern. As a dedicated night blade healer you will have room to slot it but you can't heal effectively with the skill in any groups larger than 4 as it is single target and only lasts 8 seconds in duration.

So basically think of this skill as 2 Global cooldowns plus the magicka cost of a healing ward in return for an additional 8 second heal over time + minor mending to add to your arsenal. So yeah that's quite expensive if you think about so it need to be worth it. Also the way it interacts with battlespririt needs to be changed.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on October 3, 2017 9:10PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

No it genuinely isnt.. This is not some solo tool first and foremost, which the lot of you are failing to realize. eating 6k damage which a NB healer is going to restore in a few seconds, to provide another player with one of, if not THE strongest single target hot in the game while gaining minor mending is very valuable.

This isnt for stamblades, this isnt a defense tool for solo magblades or maglbades built to be highly explosive glass cannons. This is a tool for NBs with a priority of healing in mind.
  • Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Comments on the new version of the new Agony from a PvE perspective: I don't see ever using this.

The cost right now is about 7K health for roughly 1500-2000 HPS for 8 seconds (I don't have exact numbers in front of me). This is a lot for a healer or dps, but is manageable if used carefully. However, there's little reason to take that risk. Nightblades already have two powerful HoTs in Funnel and Refreshing Path. Both of these heal multiple people while also doing damage. The HoT of each is longer. Neither is risky to use. If I'm playing a DPS providing offheals (for some reason, let's just assume that's a thing for the sake of discussion), I would stick with those instead of wasting a GCD to cast a short-lived HoT on one person that has the potential to kill me if a mechanic hits me at the wrong time. If I'm playing as an actual healer (which are things, sub-vet trials), I almost certainly have a resto staff on one of my bars, and can use Mutagen/Rapid Regen, which last longer without the risk of killing myself. I suppose NB health tanks could make use of the new heal without too much risk, but "more heals" is the one thing NB tanks don't need.

The Minor Mending is nice, but "slightly bigger healers for 8 seconds at the cost of a GCD and possibly dying" is not enough to motivate me to use the skill. More likely than not that will just produce more overhealing.

So, to summarize the issues:
    * Abilities that cost health are very risky to use, and thus need to be super useful in order to be worth the risk.
    * Nightblades don't need more HoTs.
    * As a HoT, the ability is quite short and only affects one person per cast. This puts it an immense disadvantage of Mutagen/Rapid Regen, so again...why use it?
    * Nightblades healers need more group support options, not more healing.

I have two suggestions for changes.

#1 (my preference). Change the ability to provide resource regeneration instead. In keeping with the siphoning theme, siphon your resources to an ally. Make the ability cost magicka and restore the target's highest resource over a period of time. Limit it to one person at a time if necessary.

#2 (if you feel compelled to keep the heal): Return to a cost-over-time approach like the previous patch, as that is much less risky. Extend the length of the HoT to 16 seconds to match Rapid Regen and make the Minor Mending more useful. To prevent people from killing themselves with multiple simultaneous ticks, limit the ability to one target at a time (e.g. recasting it moves it instead of adding a second copy).

Or do both and make one morph a magicka-to-resource ability and the other morph a health-to-healing ability. But please...think hard about how to make this ability useful -- it would be a shame to revamp it only to take replace one never-ude ability with another.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion: Change malevolent offering as follows (note: to use the skill is a 2-step process):

Target an enemy player and press malevolent offering once, then within 5 seconds, target an ally and press it again to cause x% the health of the enemy's health to be siphoned off and transferred to the targeted ally.

Shrewd Offering:

Same as above, except that you and your targeted ally split the amount of healing received.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Thank you for looking at the NB and popping some changes on the PTS for us to try out

Aeo
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Agony change pretty much make it worthless in pvp.For solo and small scale its just to much damage in open world pvp.Dueling it can have some use but for everything else why use it.It was better last pts patch now its just bad.It won't be used in large scale PvP aince why bring a magblade healer when he can be a bomber and have Templars and warden heal us.