The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Nightblades

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    Maryal wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

As for blindness, there is a simple reason why this should never be in game. Character disabling abilities are extremely unfun for the opponent. Unding think you’ll find anyone who enjoys being CCed or snared. Blindness would take this a whole step further.

You probably are unaware of Meridia's Blessed Armor, an armor set that has been in the game for quite some time. The meta for a while now has been heavy armor, and this IS a heavy armor set, and yes, people do use this non-meta set, yet I don't see folks qq'ing about the blindness this set procs.

Having blindness debuff as a skill would give NBs a very unique skill that would be helpful in both pvp AND pve, AND it is totally in line with shadow magic (lore-base of the bulk of NB's skills), AND it would help NB medium armor users with survivability in a way that is a little more unique than just another HOT skill.

If we were given such a skill, obviously it shouldn't stack with the MBA proc , so perhaps a skill-based blindness debuff should share the same cool down timer as the blindness that is proc'ed by the armor set.

Meridia's Blessed Armor
    (2 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance
    (5 items) When you block an attack, you have a 33% chance to blind your attacker, causing them to miss all of their attacks for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

I was quite aware of the set. There is a reason the set is banned in most duels because it’s OP there. When it procs it practically gives 5 seconds of total immunity. God mode. Granted, the 2 to 4 piece boni aren’t great, but the 5 pc is so strong that it doesn’t matter. What makes this set a non factor outside duels is that it doesn’t scale past 1 opponent. So if you’re playing open world PvP (which means you fight more than one player continuously) it’s really not helping you that much.

On top of that, you need to block, and it’s a 33% proc chance. Still it’s not good design in my view. You shouldn’t be able to “deactivate” a player’s skills for any period of time. And btw, not attacking for 5 seconds is not an option on PvP if you want to win a fight.

Not attacking for 5 seconds .... hmmm .... sounds a lot like what happens when getting hit with a cost increase poison, especially the ones that effect both magica and stamina simultaneously (and the attacker was wearing Assassin's Guile ... which adds 4 seconds to alchemical poisons). Or, how about getting hit was a poison arrow (skill) where the person's bow was equipped with the cost increase poison (effecting both magica and stamina simultaneously) and shot you while wearing Assassin's Guile. Not only can you not get off a skill, but all you can do is watch your screen get dimmer and dimmer until it turns that bluish color associated with death.

Although nothing technically 'deactivates' a player's skills (not even blindness), there are effects in this game that cause a player to be unable to use his/her skills, such as skill based stuns, gap-closer stuns, fear, lag, etc., It would be nice if none of those things existed in the game, but they do, and, as long as they do, there really isn't anything wrong with the blindness skill effect I mentioned earlier.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a person who thought cost increase poisons were a brilliant idea too. It’s the same BS just from a different angle. The issue is that ZOS comes up with “solutions” to perceived problems, these don’t work out of course, they change the game fundamentally again, but leave the original “solutions” in place. Hence the mess we can enjoy in PvP now.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also pls fix strife weaving, it sometimes rather ***
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    aeowulf wrote: »
    I am really liking the change to executioner passive, getting stamina back from it is really nice. It's got me wondering if it might be enough to let me put my heavy metal back on !..! Certainly for normal dungeons I bet where kills come faster.

I was also a bit shocked that on my stamina nb the new heal heals for significantly less health than it costs to cast...

Thats because its not meant for stamina builds to use, its strictly magicka builds, just like 90% of the entire siphoning skilltree. The siphoning tree needs to be adjusted to provide something/more for stamina builds.

Magicka Flood needs to be renamed to Durability Flood and provide 8% more stamina if stamina is higher then magicka. Then they need to make siphoning skills worth a slot for stamina, Leeching Strikes is nice and all, but it doesnt fit into all the builds at all. Make power extraction a self buff that doesnt require a target.

No stamnb needs no more buff. Just like sorcs, warden and magdk.
    Stamplar /Magplar / stamdk need to be buffed.

Stamplar, magplar, and stam dk are fine. Honestly magplar is one of the top classes in thegame

Stamdk stamplar and magplar are so underperforming.
    All those specs have to give up so much for either utility, damage, sustain or survivability.
    In pve Stamdk/templar are fine magplar is just useable as a healer and is outclassed by the other classes in organized groups.

Please tell me in which regards the classes are useable

Magplar is at the top of pvp for group utility with mag warden. Stam dk and stamplar don't offer much in raid utility (most stam classes don't), but they are very playable from a solo/ small group perspective and both of those classes are really good 1v1. You can actually make a good arguement for both of those classes actually being better than stamblade 1v1. Magplar is in a great spot right now though it's playable in all play styles, and is a must have for any group. You could actually make an arguement for magplar being the best magicka class

Neither stamplar nor stamdk can be played solo. They have no way of getting away of zergs or outnumbered fights.
    In no way a stamdk/plar performs better than a nb of the same skill level.
    Magplar may be a good healer but a offensive Warden is much better than a templar while giving better heals, deals much more damage and is more versatile.
    The only thing magplar has going for them is purge.
    In duels stamnb is king behind pet sorcs ofc.
    They have the best cc, access to cloak, major evasion, a spammable that applies bleed & major fracture and ofc assassin's will + incap.
    Not that i hate nbs i have the most playtime on my stamnb and second my magnb but i play every other class except for warden due to toon limits.
    And whenever i play one of those specs i always know how much better nb would be compared to them.

My stamplar does ok with cowards gear, purge and leaving big aoe snares behind him. But is kind of tied to cowards gear for that tho..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.