The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Nightblades

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Nightblades. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the changes on the Agony and Manifestation of Terror abilities.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love the change for manifestation of terror on paper. Can't wait to get my console hands on it. Be afraid. Very afraid.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    [snip]

They have listened to important feedback on several occasions. Just because they don't cater to everyone doesn't mean they don't take feedback.

I was part of a feedback thread for dark brotherhood, where they listened and reverted changes to 1H skills.

[Edited for removed quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on September 18, 2017 7:05PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is there still no buff to concealed weapons?
    It has no combat Utility, costs much more than Swallow Souls and only has a slightly higher dmg

Please give it something to make it useable if you'd be very Kind bring back meele blade with this:

Your light attacks now always scale with your highest resource like ultimates and deal Magic damage please make it happen
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning

I think in PVP casting ANY ABILITY THAT damages you is a horrible idea. Especially when ppl are trying so hard to make small scale relevant again.

Shadow
    I always thought that mass hysteria feared 2 ppl max lolz....

I still don't see the Terror being any use in PVP.. you need reliable CC to time your burst ... please tell me in what PVP scenario you would use it ?

Soul Siphon (Soul Shred morph):

why? if you have the resto ult.

THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I still don't see the Terror being any use in PVP.. you need reliable CC to time your burst ... please tell me in what PVP scenario you would use it ?

Soul Siphon (Soul Shred morph): why? if you have the resto ult.

Manifestation of terror is brilliant for keep defence/offence. Good flag control. All though it being revealed to your enemies again is stupid. Now i can't "trap" someone into charging straight into a fear while i charge up a heavy combo on my stamblade.

Soul Siphon is also brilliant for a stamblade who wants to assist medium/large scale groups. Great to counter bombs.

You wan't some feedback for Manifestation of Terror Zos?! Well here it is.

I've tried to use every iteration of this ability and they all are so wonky. In my opinion what makes this ability strong is the fact you cannot see it and the amount of targets it fears. Now what should you do to make it more viable and niche?

Everyone uses Aspect of Terror for solo/small-scale. So why not create a morph for the opposite. Create a morph that can change the fight in massive fights... especially in keeps (while in pvp).

What i would personally like to see is to revert the rework and go back to this
    Then change the effect to linger for 5 seconds once proc'ed fearing "up-to" 6 targets. That reaper guy will float around denying targets from running through or from jumping on you as it lingers.

This would allow pure-archers to have a "safe-house" you could call it to feel safe while casting abilities. Now nightblade archers who may try to utalise the new Arrow Spray augment weapon can feel safe while trying to get value out of their other bow abilities.

In general it was very hard to use the second circle of manifestation of terror. Everyone and their grandmother spams gap closers to no end. If anything create an ability to counter gap-closer spam. As the reaper lingers slow everyone inside the area may help.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 18, 2017 7:43PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the change to Agony just makes it go from one unused skill to another unused skill; I believe Guard does a better job of bolstering an ally's health at detriment to your own. I'd like to see how much it heals, though - if I'm correct and it's small (around 1k/s in PVE) then... that's not gonna be enough. I know it's not meant to be burst.

Mass Hysteria change I feel is almost unnoticeable, but that's kind of a good thing. I think Manifestation of Terror would need to be put somewhere close-quarters like a keep wall breach, but I can see it being very effective there with the increased people it effects. For open spaces I'm not seeing much benefit.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    Siphoning

I think in PVP casting ANY ABILITY THAT damages you is a horrible idea. Especially when ppl are trying so hard to make small scale relevant again.

Shadow
    I always thought that mass hysteria feared 2 ppl max lolz....

Soul Siphon (Soul Shred morph):

why? if you have the resto ult.

I love this move for kiting. Had lots of fun and good videos because of this move already. Hopefully the "tell" isn't to obvious. Especially in Defending keeps.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The agony change is just bad why use a heal that hurts you.Change the base morph to a HOT that attach to you or a ally and one of the morph give minor mending.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Innate Axiom (All)

(2) Max Magicka
    (3) Max Stamina
    (4) Spell Critical
    (4) Weapon Critical
    (5) Adds 400 Spell and Weapon Damage to your Class abilities.

Stacking that with war maiden seems especially strong for magnb.
    Edited by OdinForge on September 18, 2017 7:24PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Innate Axiom (All)

(2) Max Magicka
    (3) Max Stamina
    (4) Spell Critical
    (4) Weapon Critical
    (5) Adds 400 Spell and Weapon Damage to your Class abilities.

Stacking that with ward maiden seems especially strong for magnb.

and for sustain I think witch mother + ele drain...
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might see the use manifestation of terror for NB tank, if the triggered enemies wouldn't flee, but stay on place while feared.

That would help the tank to hold mobs in one place and unable to act.

Could you consider that ZOS?
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf to mass hysteria is just another low blow to the DW magblade playstyle. Was hard enough to play it as it is - now one of our main tools of shaking opponents is not as effective anymore, making things even more difficult than they already are.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm down everybody, yes they nerfed NBs, but at least they buffed sorcs. Sorcs needed buff more then any class in this game.
    Edited by Lettigall on September 18, 2017 7:35PM
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    The agony change is just bad why use a heal that hurts you.Change the base morph to a HOT that attach to you or a ally and one of the morph give minor mending.

You can cast it on yourself, meaning it'll both damage and heal you. It can be used to get Minor Mending as well as stacking Wrath & proccing "when you take dmg" sets such as Legion & Fury (latter only if the dmg can crit) and if the heal portion outweighs the dmg taken portion, that's pretty good.
    Edited by DDuke on September 18, 2017 7:46PM
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Calm down everybody, yes they nerfed NBs, but at least they buffed sorcs. Sorcs needed buff more then any class in this game.

10/10
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    my stamblade got totaly gimped... fear now less efective and my 2h vma weap is grapp aswell god..
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

You can cast it on yourself, meaning it'll both damage and heal you. It can be used to get Minor Mending as well as stacking Wrath & proccing "when you take dmg" sets such as Legion & Fury (latter only if the dmg can crit) and if the heal portion outweighs the dmg taken portion, that's pretty good.
    I didnt think of that with rally and vigor up you theoretically should be able to out heal the damage portions of ability depending how much damage you take.This could help make St am blade synergize with Heavy more.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

well if u think in this way it could be actually fun but lets test...
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the new Asylum Destro Staff goes live I think it may be worth running it and dropping Funnel Health for Crushing Shock. 100% uptime on flame, ice, and shock status effects is absolutely insane.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say I was going to stop healing anyone who casts the new suicide ability (like for anyone dumb enough to cast equilibrium without a damn good reason) but its a healer ability X(

Please stop making abilities that you can damage yourself with. I agree that NB needs more healing abilities, but even ignoring the fact that you're damaging yourself (on a healer, which historically have low health. I don't care if you think you can heal through it, a healer needs to be focused on others, not micromanaging their own health) its still a terrible healing ability since its single target. Why didn't they just make it apply Major Lifesteal instead? That would have been reasonably useful.
    Edited by Tyrobag on September 18, 2017 8:31PM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly no buffs for nb tanks. Still underwhelming ressourcemanagement and lack of support.
    Boneshield still untouched.
    Edited by actosh on September 18, 2017 8:31PM
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After all of my complaining about not having a class base instant heal, I am surprised they actually changed agony to something that sounds useful. I am interested in what this would do on my tankblade especially due to the way character configured.

And it’s good that manifestation of terror affects six targets again. In the past, even though it was used the least of the two aspect of terror morphs it was really good for breaking up small groups and I found it to be very useful on a tankblade.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, having done a little testing on PTS:

Malevolent Offering - Healthy Offering/Shrewd Offering
    Overall impression: (unsurprisingly) very disappointed.

The Good:
    • You can remove the damage portion by cloaking. Edit: you can cloak (and it doesn't break cloak), but you'll still take damage.
    • Heal is very close to Vigor in terms of strength, and lasts twice as long.
    • Costs nothing.

The Bad:
    • Can't be used to proc "when you take damage" sets (e.g. Legion, Storm Knight etc).
    • Similar to above, can't be used to stack Wrath heavy armor passive.

The Ugly:
    • Doesn't scale with highest resources (despite costing nothing), only with magicka/spell damage - another useless Siphoning skill for stamina builds.

Suggestions on how to make it atleast usable:
    • Make it proc "when you take damage" sets & passives.
    • Make it scale with stamina & weapon damage as well if they're your higher resource.

P.S. Can we expect any changes to Power Extraction this PTS, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Edited by DDuke on September 21, 2017 8:34PM
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for testing, DDuke. I wanted to check if it would proc Leeching or other tank sets, but alas.

I'm not bothered by the idea of casting from hit points, in general - there are so many heals flying around the tank that I can spare health every now and then, so it's a question of timing. But we already have funnel health for a shared hot, and I'm not sure that minor mending is enough to make me swap out funnel.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a very good start... But Grim needs to work like rally for at least have it's duration extended by 2 seconds. And why are we buffing already (nearly) useless CC and nerfing a useful one?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The replacement of the Agony line is awful. This line was useful but nowhere close to OP. I imagine ZOS thought it was safe to replace because it's not widely used.

I believe the nerf to fear is unwarranted too.

Once again, Magicka NB gets nerfed despite never being considered OP.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The complaints regarding the agony change are hilarious... Having initially tested it now -

NB healers (which this change was geared towards, sorry but it isnt intended to be a stamblade safety net or utility) are now able to reach the HIGHEST value of healing potency of any class. Siphoning passive was the alternative to templars minor mending 100% percent uptime as it allowed 6%-9% increased healing. Now they have minor mending as well, and the damage is negligible. You are essentially trading a portion of what your funnel health ticks on your self for increased ally healing. And if you go with swallow soul....... delicious. PVP argonian Magblades are already able to achieve upwards of 98% effective pvp healing. This is an incredible change for both pve and pvp NB healers.
    Edited by exeeter702 on September 19, 2017 1:55AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except maybe most players currently playing Nightblade aren't healers and don't want to be healers and possibly some might even be using the Agony line effectively.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Except maybe most players currently playing Nightblade aren't healers and don't want to be healers and possibly some might even be using the Agony line effectively.

The only reason to use agony was for meteor combo. No one made use of the 30 second polymorph type skills in pve and there are far more useful CC than agony in pvp. Its damage component was absolute garbage even despite the battle spirit ignoring bug.

This is an overall excellent change for magblades both pvp and pve.