PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Transmutation

• BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright. So 40 crystals per transmutation. About how commonly are they dropping (because occasionally is as clear as mud)?

Also, has anyone tried to re-transmute a transmuted item yet?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    eso_nya wrote: »
    It feels to easy to transmute a bunch of trash-items to nirnhoned to sell for research.
    Transmuted items are bound, so not sellable. They are also not researchable. Although I didn't try it yet, I suspect that a transmuted-to-Nirnhoned item will not yield Nirncrux upon decon.

Transmutation applies an overriding trait to the item--it does not alter the underlying item trait (which would require altering the item ID).

Jaeysa wrote: »
    Question for those on PTS - does transmuting an item bind it to you?
    Yes.

Damnit, ty
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    1250 vouchers...?

Please tell me I read that wrong.

That is EXTREMELY restrictive to those that cannot or do not want to get the DLC.
    You can always just use the house from a friend or guild's.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright. So 40 crystals per transmutation. About how commonly are they dropping (because occasionally is as clear as mud)?

Also, has anyone tried to re-transmute a transmuted item yet?
    Considering this quote:
    Transmutation requires Transmute Crystals, precious resources occasionally received for successfully completing Veteran PvE activities such as Pledges, Trials, and Arenas, and several PvP sources such as Rewards for the Worthy, Battleground end of match rewards, and AvA end of campaign rewards.
    40 crystals per transmutation seems way too much. Unless we get more than 1 crystal per drop, which seems unlikely now, this is far too much grinding needed.

• Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know the drop rates for these? Am I guaranteed a crystal every time I loot a final Vet dungeon boss?
    PC-NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Transmute Crystal is an account-wide currency, and can be used by any character on your account. If your crafting character is not the same as the one with a piece of equipment you wish to transmute, you can transfer the item to them, change the trait, and pass it back through your bank.

@Bel_Shezzar

How can it be transferred if it's not bank-able. Sorry not downloading PTS this time around.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Transmute Crystal is an account-wide currency, and can be used by any character on your account. If your crafting character is not the same as the one with a piece of equipment you wish to transmute, you can transfer the item to them, change the trait, and pass it back through your bank.

@Bel_Shezzar

How can it be transferred if it's not bank-able. Sorry not downloading PTS this time around.

Doesn't have to be transferred...all your toons will have access to it...like crowns...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not an inventory item. Think of it like... CP. It's shared across all characters and isn't something you have in your bag.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My template character doesn't seem to have received them. Unless I am doing something wrong. When i check the currency tab is says 0/100. Others have said it says 200 for them. Does this limit increase with ESO plus? (I don't currently have it enabled). So 100 for non eso plus and 200 for eso plus?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bel_Shezzar

This is how it looks like
    p9lWhP9.jpg
    Account wide but not bankable, like crwons and crowns gems.

• Xylthax
    Xylthax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for an (minimum) 80% chance to drop in a vet dungeon, with 5 crystals per drop. 100% chance of 10 crystals would be sweet for vMA and vDSA, and vet trials should give 20. That way you would need to complete 8 or 9 vet dungeons, 4 arena runs or 2 trial runs to transmute an item. Which would be enough to keep people busy and maintain the value of actually finding an item in a perfect trait. (Without having to spend too much time grinding, imo).

Plz post if you've actually run a vet dungeon tho and know the drop rate. Thx.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    My template character doesn't seem to have received them. Unless I am doing something wrong. When i check the currency tab is says 0/100. Others have said it says 200 for them. Does this limit increase with ESO plus? (I don't currently have it enabled). So 100 for non eso plus and 200 for eso plus?

I'm also in a similar boat. Not an ESO+ member. Showing 0/100. Looks like ESO+ gets double the limit and the templates don't come with any if you are not ESO+

:(
    Edited by dpencil1 on September 19, 2017 2:42AM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xylthax wrote: »
    I'm hoping for an (minimum) 80% chance to drop in a vet dungeon, with 5 crystals per drop. 100% chance of 10 crystals would be sweet for vMA and vDSA, and vet trials should give 20. That way you would need to complete 8 or 9 vet dungeons, 4 arena runs or 2 trial runs to transmute an item. Which would be enough to keep people busy and maintain the value of actually finding an item in a perfect trait. (Without having to spend too much time grinding, imo).

Plz post if you've actually run a vet dungeon tho and know the drop rate. Thx.
    Finished a vma run. Got one godamn crystal. This is frankly unnaceptable Zenimax.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on September 19, 2017 2:52AM

• TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds to me like they exist on your account like crowns, which also can't be banked or traded, but as long as you earn them on one character, your other characters will have access to them (again, like crowns). It doesn't make sense to limit the availability of stones just to those characters who run the veteran content, as many players have dedicated crafters who don't run veteran content.
    This.

I have well over 2,000 hours up in this game and I've never run a veteran dungeon. I have put a year of real time into getting my characters' crafting up to scratch and I want transmogrification and transmutation more than anything. The idea that transmutation crystals will only be available in one and only one way, a way that I don't use, horrifies me. It's short-sighted and wrong in every way.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild and I ran today's pledges and got ONE Crystal for each pledge, ran them on multiple characters and same drops. This is absolutely ridiculous.

You mean to tell me if I want to transmute one piece of armor/weapon, I have to run 40 pledges to be able to do just ONE piece!?!?

I thought this game wasn't suppose to be such a grind festival!!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    That is an nasty one, benefit of saving up crystals is that if you farm for gear say running vault of madness for worm you can save up crystals until you either get the traits you want or enough crystals to re-trait.

with low storage capacity you need to use or lose the crystals risking to get an duplicate to an re-traited item afterward.
    Edited by zaria on September 19, 2017 3:57AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    If these drop rates can be expected when CWC goes live, then it has done nothing to actually alleviate the grind, and has instead added an additional and pointless grind that can be chosen over the traditional grind. At this rate, you'll probably get the gear in the trait you're looking for before you get enough stones to transmute the gear you have into a trait you want. That does not sound like the way the system should work. Lower the crystal requirements per use, increase or abolish the cap, and increase the drop rate of the crystals. That will actually decrease grind time and lead to players getting to use the gear in the traits they want.

Also, in order to preserve the rarity of Nirnhoned gear (and add just a tiny bit more sacrifice into transmuting), maybe a trait item should be consumed in the process too? Like if I have an impen sash that I want Divines, it should require [x] number of crystals (but please god, less than 40), and [x] number of sapphires (like 2 or 5). That way there is still incentive to grind for gear instead of transmuting everything, and that way players have more of an economical choice to make. i.e., do you find a Nirnhoned staff, or spend 5 nirncrux (and however many crystals) to make one?
  • Aeolwind
    Aeolwind
    ✭✭✭
    lol, ZOS just gave us 'Grindception'. A Grind, within a Grind.

Congrats you glorious monsters. You've just achieved a new level of.... something.
  • Aeolwind
    Aeolwind
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I knew the grind was going to be bad, but I never expected this. I'm impressed with your ability to torture your customers. You're nearing Sony and 'The Vision' levels of spirit rending torture here.
  • Aeolwind
    Aeolwind
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty though, the retrait crystal shouldn't come from dungeons. It should come from crafting writs & should be purchasable from the master writ merchant.

Putting them in vet dungeons only is pretty silly and has no logic too it. Put them at the same rarity that one gets legendary materials. Then you can set the requirements lower, say 16, double the number of legendary mats. The rate at which they come into the world is limited, it doesn't require a special skill set (Vet DLC Dungeons in a pug are laughable), and everyone is happy-er.

This limits you to 3 per day per character that has maxed out crafting. Far better than this train wreck that has been presented so far.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a solo way to do this for less skilled players, like normal maelstrom arena, at the very least, and without runnign that 40 times.
    This is not helpful to less able players who either hate grouping or can't finish group content for whatever reason, or can't get a group.

Transmutation also needs to be available before higher CP levels. Our gear is max 160CP and doesn't change after so we should be able to relatively easily get crystals to use on our gear at that point.

Also, if they were more easily attained we would use them more often to play around with different traits to learnt he functions and make better choices. We would become better at the game rather than going into veteran groups running training gear because we don't know any better.(not me, but others do)
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeolwind wrote: »
    In all honesty though, the retrait crystal shouldn't come from dungeons. It should come from crafting writs & should be purchasable from the master writ merchant.

Putting them in vet dungeons only is pretty silly and has no logic too it. Put them at the same rarity that one gets legendary materials. Then you can set the requirements lower, say 16, double the number of legendary mats. The rate at which they come into the world is limited, it doesn't require a special skill set (Vet DLC Dungeons in a pug are laughable), and everyone is happy-er.

This limits you to 3 per day per character that has maxed out crafting. Far better than this train wreck that has been presented so far.

I was under the impression that you received one on completion of ANY vet dungeon. Is it only dailies?
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After I heard the news about trait changing coming with CWC I started doing pledges again to get monster shoulders and helms that I wanted to use, but ended up deleting in the past because they came with crappy traits.

Collected like 20+ items that I was hoping to retrait after the patch, I even met some people in dungeons that were looking for certain items in certain traits and told them to keep the crappy trait one that dropped because they would be able to change it after patch.

Seriously ZOS, either drastically increase the amount of crystals dropped or drastically reduce the amount of crystal required for transmutation, then add a material cost + gold cost for it to balance it out. Also wtf is the point of the cap on crystals?
    Edited by Alaztor91 on September 19, 2017 5:07AM
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

I was under the impression that you received one on completion of ANY vet dungeon. Is it only dailies?

"Transmutation requires Transmute Crystals, precious resources occasionally received for successfully completing Veteran PvE activities such as Pledges, Trials, and Arenas, and several PvP sources such as Rewards for the Worthy, Battleground end of match rewards, and AvA end of campaign rewards. Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded."
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    After I heard the news about trait changing coming with CWC I started doing pledges again to get monster shoulders and helms that I wanted to use, but ended up deleting in the past because they came with crappy traits.

Collected like 20+ items that I was hoping to retrait after the patch, I even met some people in dungeons that were looking for certain items in certain traits and told them to keep the crappy trait one that dropped because they would be able to change it after patch.

Seriously ZOS, either drastically increase the amount of crystals dropped or drastically reduce the amount of crystal required for transmutation, then add a material cost + gold cost for it to balance it out. Also wtf is the point of the cap on crystals?

The point of the cap and the high cost/low drop rate is to get us logging in and doing that content more often. But, the obvious result is people will end up mostly writing off this new system as a grind and doing it sparingly if at all, maybe not even buying the new content when they would have just for that system.

They seem to be under the impression that players like suffering like this is some korean grinder "Perfect World Entertainment" game that can get away with it because they have a lot of asian players. Sorry ZOS, you don't have the market share to get away with making a punishing game that much.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Transmutation icon next to a weapon is going to bug the hell out of my OCD, guys.
    I would REALLY appreciate if you could get rid of that icon.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Transmutation icon next to a weapon is going to bug the hell out of my OCD, guys.

That's not the transmutation icon. That's to tell you if you researched the trait of that item, if it's vendor fodder trait ornate, if it's decon fodder trait intricate or if you transmuted the trait.
    I don't know why they need to tell if we transmuted the trait though. It would still be researchable by my alts and no need for the main character to know it was changed.
  • spikesaurus
    spikesaurus
    ✭✭✭
    If these crystals are going to be easy to get then I'm very happy so far, with three exceptions.
    Being able to use by any character is nice.
    The interface is simple & streamlined which I like.
    It's easy to get to which is nice.
    It's fast & easy & overall very well put together... lovely.

My biggest issues so far:
    1. How 'common' are the crystals going to drop?
    2. The cap on quantity absolutely needs to go up.
    3. It costs way too many crystals to complete. (unless these things drop extremely frequently & easily, but I'm yet to get any to drop anywhere)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

"Transmutation requires Transmute Crystals, precious resources occasionally received for successfully completing Veteran PvE activities such as Pledges, Trials, and Arenas, and several PvP sources such as Rewards for the Worthy, Battleground end of match rewards, and AvA end of campaign rewards. Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded."
    OK so only vet pledges, this limit it to 2-3 day on each character.
    And as its pledges they will not help you farm the item. You have to run both pledges and farm.

catgrind7_animation_by_olsen1a-d9tki34.gif
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

That's not the transmutation icon. That's to tell you if you researched the trait of that item, if it's vendor fodder trait ornate, if it's decon fodder trait intricate or if you transmuted the trait.
    I don't know why they need to tell if we transmuted the trait though. It would still be researchable by my alts and no need for the main character to know it was changed

So the same thing I said? I don't really need to know if that item was transmuted.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.