The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.0 (Clockwork City)

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for @Paulington or someone to post datamined pictures of the new weapons and skins etc o:)
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If we can't control who Cauterize hits then it needs to become an AoE.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, dangit! I was having so much fun using Malefic Wreath on exposed gankers in the center. Ah well. That's like the only thing I don't see the point of here.

But there's SO MANY GOOD CHANGES HERE. Retraiting! Writ turnin! Being able to put our own enchants on special weapons! Fixing books! Sotha Sil!

mk7eICk.gif
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Koolio wrote: »
    No healing ward fix?? Been broken for so long now

Not in this patch, but we're currently testing a fix for it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have Debilitate become a stamina morph? I mean, no magicka users use it anyway. And maybe change the magicka flood passive to give also maximum stamina? Let's get over with the one sided passives please
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Wow. Speechless. I actually see nothing about which to complain! Can't wait for this update--it's gonna be great!

Edit: The NB aspect of terror change is gonna cause some screaming, for sure. But I kinda like it. At least the other morph has some value now and it was waaaay to spammable if we're being honest.

Edit 2: Craftable armor sets all look really nice, too.
    I have something, there is nothing about warden's complete underpeform on pve.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Dawn’s Wrath
    Eclipse: This ability and its morphs now returns damage whenever the affected enemy casts a direct damage attack. It still grants crowd control immunity when the effect ends and can now be removed by Break Free. Eclipse can also now be placed on an unlimited amount of enemies as a baseline effect.
    Total Dark (Eclipse morph): This morph will heal you when the target casts a direct damage attack.
    Unstable Core (Eclipse morph): This morph adds area of effect damage when the effect ends.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    We liked how this ability was acting as a “soft” crowd-control, preventing some abilities but allowing others. However, the list of abilities was too short. We’ve made the ability more universally effective against most offensive abilities, making the process to select the right target and time for the ability more important.

Casting Eclipse when you have low health means the enemy may be able to ignore it and still kill your character. However, if you are able to stay alive, it can shift the tide of battle in your favor against an aggressive opponent.

Solar Barrage (Solar Flare morph): This morph now has a cast time that matches the base ability, and now causes you to pulse point blank area of effect damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    We wanted this ability to feel unique from the Destruction Staff ability Impulse, and require less casts when in area of effect situations.

For eclipse; are you basically saying its not longer single target projectile, but still just any single target, non DOT, Cone, proc or AOE? Just trying to clarify what "direct damage" references exactly.

For Solar Barrage; what is the cast time? And I sure hope it hits hard for a cast ability in melee range. Some specifics would be nice. Problem with it is the empower does little for jabs/sweeps and templars do not have a burst melee attack to make best of it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    technohic wrote: »
    For Solar Barrage; what is the cast time? And I sure hope it hits hard for a cast ability in melee range. Some specifics would be nice. Problem with it is the empower does little for jabs/sweeps and templars do not have a burst melee attack to make best of it.
    The cast time is the same as the base ability - 1 second.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rmmichael95
    Rmmichael95
    ✭✭
    I feel like these Maelstrom changes are gonna net better for magic. The new 5 pieces are a little underwhelming but the new weapons will be very interesting for stam. A spin to win buff for the first time in so long. Can't wait to see what that ww animation change does.
    It would be nice if they would finally gave us an extra character space on pts so I could actually test anything.
    Edited by Rmmichael95 on September 18, 2017 7:10PM
    Masters of the Imperial Harem

CP 660+

50 Magicka Dunmer Dragon Knight
    50 Magicka Altmer Sorceror
    50 Magicka Breton Templar
    50 Magicka Altmer Templar
    50 Stamina Orc Dragon Knight
    50 Stamina Khajiit Night Blade
    50 Stamina Redguard Sorceror
    50 Argonian Sap Tank - retired
    50 Templar Hybrid Redguard Werewolf
    50 Magicka Altmer Proxy Night Blade
    50 Argonian Balzing Shield
    50 Stamina Bosmer Bow
    50 Warden Argonian Tank Heals
    50 Warden Hybrid Orc Werewolf
  • IntoTheSky98
    IntoTheSky98
    Soul Shriven
    Precise Regeneration (Maelstrom Resto): Increased the amount of Magicka restored by Regeneration critical heals to 800 from 481. <3 HEALERS from over the world JOIN!

Love this
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh them maelstrom changes are gonna make these forums a popcorn fest
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they still havent addressed battlegrounds leaderboards- to give a more accurate ranking system- such as team leaderboards or matchmaking by rankings.
    also i was really hoping they'd consider giving us the option to make custom BG matches -so we could set up our own tournaments.

other than that- alot to like here. maelstrom weapons losing their damage bonus- but gaining the option to enchant is interesting. not sure about that yet.

the new asylum weapons look really good though. i think they ll be fun to use.

adding more cp? 690? whens it going to end? i dont think anyone that has that many points thinks- "boy i feel really underpowered" . constantly giving us more power- and taking it away by nerfing other elements is why the game will never find balance this way. the game already is way too easy for max cp players. i hope they ll reconsider the whole cp thing one day- and give thought to replacing it with skill bonuses instead. the way they've treated the new asylum weapons is an interesting direction to consider - instead of CP as it is- buffing general stats- instead giving us the option to tweak and buff skills - add time, duration and effectiveness to certain skils- for example instead of cost reduction and recovery on stamina generally- allowing us to add 5 seconds to hurricane with 10 cp points, 10 seconds with 50 cps and so on. allowing us to fire two poison injections that stack with 10 cp and 3 with 50, or giving certain skills knock back or stuns, or granting umminuty - for example upon a cast . obviously this would need to be careful considerd- but lets face it - the cp system is never going to give us balance in it s current form- moreso it just isn't interesting. the way that skyrim had branching skill that diversified builds, and witcher also- is a more interesting template for us to look towards for the future. just some ideas that would allow more customisation of builds, rather than just adding broad power to everything.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Agony: This ability and its morphs is now an ally-targeted spell that heals them over time and damages you for 50% of the amount healed. We also renamed this ability to Malevolent Offering."

This is kind of stupid, unless the skill doesn't cost any magicka or stamina and the lost health is the skill's "cost." Do you guys really think NB needed another HOT, let alone one that actually harms the caster whenever it's used?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno no fix for enchants not proc on block?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    The cast time is the same as the base ability - 1 second.

Is it roughly the same damage but just pulses?
    Weapon
    Bow
    Acid Spray (Arrow Spray morph): Increased the damage over time of this morph by approximately 65%.

Increased the damage of the damage over time, or increased the time of the damage over time by 65%?
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded.

If transmute crystals cannot be banked, that sucks big time. I only have one crafter with all traits, why can't they be banked or did I misread that. ZOS always likes to release a good system, but always with some design flaw that makes no sense.

Maybe I didn't read this either but how many crystals will it take to change the trait, and can you change a trait multiple times? Can you change the trait on items like master/vma/asylum, assuming you can.

The item can still be banked. Just swap it to that toon and change it, then move it back.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded.

If transmute crystals cannot be banked, that sucks big time. I only have one crafter with all traits, why can't they be banked or did I misread that. ZOS always likes to release a good system, but always with some design flaw that makes no sense.

Maybe I didn't read this either but how many crystals will it take to change the trait, and can you change a trait multiple times? Can you change the trait on items like master/vma/asylum, assuming you can.

You should be able to bank transmute crystals, I'm going to have a lot of them wasted otherwise taking up space.

Sounded to me like it's like CP or Crowns, not like AP or Tel Var.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks good but pretty disappointed the transmutation misses the point... I want to restyle my gear.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone from ZOS confirm when this hits live what is the planned outcome of transmutating a vMSA/Master weapon. It stays as is and only the trait changes, or transmutation alters the special enchantment and changes the trait?
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Stinging Slashes (Master DW): Increased the damage bonus to Twin Slashes’ bleed to 1500 each tick from 516.
    • Destructive Impact (Master Destro): Increased the damage bonus to Destructive Touch’s direct damage to 1500 from 516.

Would be great if you could make Master Destro increase the DoT damage of each tick aswell, rather than the impact damage. Stays underwhelming this way.
  • ConstanKar
    ConstanKar
    ✭✭✭
    If the asylum weapons dont look good i wont use them yo.
    Best leecher EU
    The one and only Älg
    Nikel belongs to the Pact!

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Kvatch Arena is in the Dark Brotherhood patch, not the Thieves Guild patch as stated above.
    Edited by LonePirate on September 18, 2017 6:58PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Looks good but pretty disappointed the transmutation misses the point... I want to restyle my gear.

Soon , this is a good start ,they will just need to add a new tab to the " transmute station " in the futur.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This.... is an amazing update all around.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »

The item can still be banked. Just swap it to that toon and change it, then move it back.

since you have to have the trait known, that wont help if anybody but your crafter goes vet running.

although TBH if you look at the list of traits likely to be "trans" to that is a short list to learn. :-) Why do i forsee a lot of baby crafters with sharpened, precise and maybe 1-2 more traits learned?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• HonorTheDead
    HonorTheDead
    ✭✭
    Why wasn't Master Restro and Master Bow nit included in the buffs for the master weapons?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u6hasvif1ful.jpg

jgzsq120gabv.png
    Fishing
    • You will no longer occasionally receive fish associated with Cyrodiil when fishing in Imperial City.

THANK YOU! :)
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

That's Transmog, and a feature which is currently WIP.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shifting Standard (Dragonknight Standard morph): This morph now increases the duration of the standard to 25 seconds, and the standard can be shifted an unlimited amount of times. Shifting the standard no longer refreshes the duration, and the cost of this morph is now the same as the base ability.

I love how you try to sell this as a buff while it is a 25% costincrease and a 37,5% dmg-nerf :D:D:D:D:D

serioulsy:

no bugfixes/buffs for magicka-melee-dps? that's disappointing...
    Noobplar
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »

That works only if the currency is on the toon that knows the traits. We need to have the ability to bank the currency, because not all of us play on our crafter 24/7.
    The Age of Wrobel.