The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.0 (Clockwork City)

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Magplar, I like the utility buff to Eclipse. Ill have to test the PTS to see if it works with my current PvP build.
    Having a reflect to direct dmg abilities (which is a lot of abilities mind you lol), helps the survival of stam/mag Templar in PvP that has been missing since our blinding flashes was removed 2-3 years ago.

Good change, same for NB fear nerf (I wonder how good the other morph will be in PvP encounters; doesn't it drop a mine at your location in addition to one that is ground target-able? if not, then its a terrible nerf for nightblades lol)

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the turogs pact fix.
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    I like those "quality of life" -changes.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no fix for Warden's Swarm and it's morphs counting as direct damage instead of DOT, it has been this way since Warden release..

ZOS will not even comment on this even though it has been brought up several times.

Can we finally get a comment on whether or not this is intended or if it is a known bug @ZOS_GinaBruno ???
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Chaotic Whirlwind (Perfected)
      • When you deal damage with Whirlwind, you add 10 seconds to your active Twin Slashes, Lacerate, and Blade Cloak over time effects. This effect can occur once per cast of those abilities.

Buffing ultimates with ability altering weapons really should not be a thing.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eclipse: it costs too much to even being viable
    Templar in general: No spear shard stun back, 0/10

In general: ok
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete

Edited by Leogon on September 21, 2017 8:25PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I'm not sure if I'm reading correctly but are Bg's now cp enabled? If so that's a change I can't get behind, I predominantly play bgs & I'll tell you you're just giving invitation to more cancer builds that don't die.

And it's looking like it's at the expense of no cp as well, which would be totally unnecessary because those that enjoy it being no cp would continue playing no cp.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get in on ANY character... game just keeps dropping me during zone load - anyone having that issue? Glad PTS is up but doesn't do any good if you can't play.
    Edited by MinuitPro on September 18, 2017 7:55PM
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That change to writ locations is going to be a huge boon. Craglorn isn't laid out in a very friendly way for writs and I'll definitely being doing them a heap more often since I no longer have to go so far out of the way to do them.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buffing ultimates with ability altering weapons really should not be a thing.

I still wonder if you can stack multiple rends on each other if you are nightblade and use asylum-twohander :trollface:
    Noobplar
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are transmuted armor pieces and weapons bound to the player who transmuted them?

Edited by Galenus_of_Pergamon on September 18, 2017 7:53PM
    14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    so this new templar skill is a cast hability that deals damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds... i really expect a great dmg every 2 seconds if not no one will use that... again. this skill has the same cast time of the dark flare, so i sugest the same dmg fractioned in each hit: total dmg/3 = K and this k dmg every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel

and Thank you so much! nice changes

it must have a great dmg because it is a cast time hability, i just wanna remember that
    Edited by LordSlif on September 18, 2017 8:09PM
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    vMA weapon damage nerf sucks. Now there will be no reason to run my maelstrom battleaxe or DW weapons. Were maelstrom weapons really so overpowered that they need a nerf?

They did not get a nerf, they got a buff. Now you get the bonus and can enchant! Read the comments. Instead of 189 wd or sd you can glyph it for higher amount. With infused you can get 100% up time.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's say, I have Defensive Position on back bar and Defensive Posture also on back bar.
    I cast Defensive Posture and switch to front bar where I don't have the Defensive Position. A projectile gets reflected. Do I still get the 2000 magicka?

Thanks for answers.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    simeion wrote: »
    Kanar wrote: »
    vMA weapon damage nerf sucks. Now there will be no reason to run my maelstrom battleaxe or DW weapons. Were maelstrom weapons really so overpowered that they need a nerf?

They did not get a nerf, they got a buff. Now you get the bonus and can enchant! Read the comments. Instead of 189 wd or sd you can glyph it for higher amount. With infused you can get 100% up time.

like any other set with more usful setbonis for pvp
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - Furnishings
    If you put an item with looping audio in your house - MUSIC INTO OUR HOMES, OH YEAH!!!

- Battleground queues are now divided into 10-49 and 50. This means you will only have level 50 players playing against other level 50 players.
    The level 50 Battleground queue is now CP-enabled.
    -OH YEAH!!! NOW PLEASE PUT THIS ALSO TO LFG TOOL FOR DUNGEONS!!!!

Edited by altemriel on September 18, 2017 8:02PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    That change to writ locations is going to be a huge boon. Craglorn isn't laid out in a very friendly way for writs and I'll definitely being doing them a heap more often since I no longer have to go so far out of the way to do them.

they need to pave the path between writ sign and drop-off in Auridon due to its high traffic before the patch goes live.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    The patch notes are fantastic for the most part. I would, however, encourage further discussion of the following items:

1. Defensive Rune - This morph doesn't benefit from being able to be cast on multiple targets like Rune Prison and the long disorient is actually preferable to a short stun. Please consider allowing Defensive Rune to convert the base stun into the disorient it currently has. The change is a significant nerf to this morph otherwise.

2. CP-Enabled Battlegrounds - Even without CP, Templars in particular are extremely tanky. Enabling CP only exaserbates this issue. Also, for players like myself who like to PvP, but have very different CP allocations for PvE vs PvP, I enjoyed being able to do allall my PvP in no-CP environments (and BGs are my favorite type of PvP). Please at least give us dual-spec CP depending on whether we are in a PvE or PvP environment. I honestly think dual-spec should be implemented first. Let the 10-49 que and 50 que both exist for now as no-CP, then you can enable CP after implementing dual-spec CP and dealing with over-tankiness. (By the way, I'm not saying players shouldn't be able to be tanky, but it remains easy for some builds to be massively tanky and still do as much dps as squishy dps-focused players.)

3. VMA weapons and Infused trait - The move to being a set bonus means that Infused won't buff these special abilities anymore, which was a major selling point of the trait. Players who were using Infused versions will likely see a marked decrease in effectiveness from these weapons compared to their Live counterparts (even with the addition of enchants/poisons on top of the them. It's something I intend to test, but at first blush it is troubling.
  • SpunkDiz
    SpunkDiz
    ✭✭
    This update looks amazing! Seriously lovin everything in here! That being said I have a couple of minor asks to throw out to you guys!

1) Make viewing/sorting/filtering an option when viewing bank inventory! Now that I have 480 slots it is incredibly difficult to find what I am looking for - it would be amazing to have options for viewing such as:
    a) group by set (each collection of items from that set get grouped together all Armor, weapons & jewelry)
    b) group by type (toggle for different types of groupings - such as weight (l,m,h)

2) Allow us to further sort in the traders by:
    a) Search by set - select a specific set or even zone it drops from
    b) Search by Motif - for crafting motifs to be able to seller by the style looking for rather than scrolling through thousands to fine one page from one style book!

Thank you for passing this along
    Edited by SpunkDiz on September 18, 2017 8:04PM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weapon
    [*]Two Handed
    [*]Forceful: The damage dealt by this passive ability will no longer double dip in damage modifiers, and will no longer critically strike.

No longer double dipping or critically striking... Seems like this passive was cut down to the stump. Personally I'll be fine since I barely use 2 hand anymore.

But the stronger forceful passive for the large part made 2H a decent alternate weapon for PVE ever since Morrowind. This will cut AOE damage down significantly and people will once again be more likely to vote to kick 2H players in PVE dungeons.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good patch notes. Was really hoping for an increase in Place-able items Cap in Housing.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a boost for magwardens, but nothing so far. Guess I'll stick to stamina then for the time being..."sigh"
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RIP VMA WEAPONS IN PVP

No but really this patch is great except for the vMA weapons that are ***, time to put them on my storage alt and forget about them or the hair and years from my life I lost in the stress that is vMA. This is the final nail in the coffin for that arena, at least I don't have to run it anymore.
    Edited by Subversus on September 18, 2017 8:13PM
  • xdbl0ckx
    xdbl0ckx
    " Transmutation requires Transmute Crystals, precious resources occasionally received for successfully completing Veteran PvE activities such as Pledges, Trials, and Arenas, and several PvP sources such as Rewards for the Worthy, Battleground end of match rewards, and AvA end of campaign rewards. Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded. "

So does this mean I have to complete the vet content on my crafter in order to use the crystal since it can't be banked?
    Xbox - NA
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, looks pretty good. But would love an official clarification on what was said about the crystals.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭

[/list]
    [*]Concentrated Force (Perfected)
    • Force Shock always applies the Burning, Concussion, and Chilled status effects. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds per enemy.
    [*]Concentrated Force
    • Force Shock always applies the Burning, Concussion, and Chilled status effects. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds per enemy.

This seems to be really underwhelming.....
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RIP VMA WEAPONS IN PVP

You do know this is a buff? Now they can enchant and keep the weapons ability. So they give up 189 damage for a poison enchant, poisons, or 348 weapons wd/sd glyph?
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Do you know if there is a fix for the Pirate Skeleton monster set in the works? I'm referring to when you transform, it locks you out of your abilities for a split second.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xdbl0ckx wrote: »
    " Transmutation requires Transmute Crystals, precious resources occasionally received for successfully completing Veteran PvE activities such as Pledges, Trials, and Arenas, and several PvP sources such as Rewards for the Worthy, Battleground end of match rewards, and AvA end of campaign rewards. Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded. "

So does this mean I have to complete the vet content on my crafter in order to use the crystal since it can't be banked?

What do you presume ACCOUNT WIDE means?