The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shieldbreaker escaped proc set nerfs

• Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    Im done with this thread, full of sorcs crying for not being able, and not even trying to adapt or counter it, just asking for a nerf/removal of a set because you DONT know or DONT have the abilities (player skills) to manage it.

Just lame.

Not answering any more. Waste of time.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devilhand wrote: »
    Im done with this thread, full of sorcs crying for not being able, and not even trying to adapt or counter it, just asking for a nerf/removal of a set because you DONT know or DONT have the abilities (player skills) to manage it.

Just lame.

Not answering any more. Waste of time.

This thread is also filled with people like you who post 15+ times complaining about people complaining about shieldbreaker, or seem to think that sorcs just stand there spamming hardened ward until we die once shieldbreaker is encountered

I think maybe 2 people said shieldbreaker was absolutely unbeatable, most said that it simply adds more pressure than non sorcs will ever admit.

It's also amusing all the stam people complaining about a triple shield stack when harness is a huge magicka drain when there are no incoming spell damage... but hey what can you do.

PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    This thread... There just happens to be one counter against shield stackers, and it is supposedly broken and unfair. While stamblades being marked and effectively losing their most important defense is completely fine? Maybe add to that a power of the light, curse or one of the other 100 things that counter cloak. If you watch any competent NB player get marked in a 1vx situation, what do they do? Or any other squishy class/build getting countered for that matter... They run and use LoS to seperate the attackers and mitigate the unavoidable damage. That is what you do when your build is directly countered: you use your environment to your advantage to avoid being countered and dying to said mechanic.

Yet some people think ZOS should take into account their false sense of pride when they balance their game. They somehow think it is below them. If you don't LoS when you are countered or pressured, please don't use that as ANY argument for your inability to defend yourself against something. Do you honestly think you should be able to stand and fight, and tank every source of damage when you are in light armor?

Because the counter is a gimmick gear set that does not require any skill or tactics beyond mashing the left mouse button.

And Power of the Light is not a counter for cloak. The yellow/green glow does not follow the NB around, it stays in the place where cloak was used.
    I agree it requires no skill. But as if spamming shields requires any skill beyond mashing one button. Applying mark doesn't require skill either, nor do a lot of other things. That shouldn't be the deciding factor for wether something is okay or not. Let me get this straight. When your specific build gets hard countered, it will always feel overly powerful, because there is not a lot you can do against it. That is the purpose of a hard counter. Let me say this. Do I like SB? No. Do I use it? No. Do I understand why it is in the game? Yes. Because strong mechanics simply need a counter. This means being at a disadvantage and having a bigger chance of losing than winning.

I get that when 2 or more people are spamming SB with bow LA you feel terrible. I really do. I feel the same when a magnb marks me and deletes me with soul assault at the same time. Or cliffracer spam when you are revealed. But in a 1v1 you guys should stop acting that you have a 0% chance against SB. Especially in CP campaign. I simply don't buy it. Like I said, using the environment to your advantage and ditching that false sense of pride will get you quite far. And yes, sometimes you will have to go on the defensive. I know this may sound alien to some sorcs here but it is reality for every other class as well.

And power of the light IS a counter against cloak. Not a hard counter, but when it pops it will pull you out of cloak. Same as curse. It will allow you to keep track of the NB. I tag NBs all the time with it on my templar healer.

You are creating a strawman. I never said
    Do you honestly think you should be able to stand and fight, and tank every source of damage when you are in light armor?

And I dont recall anyone disliking the Shieldbreaker set saying it either. So stop with the "you guys" and our "false sense of pride."
    Not really a strawman. Because I have seen multiple people in this thread shudder and protest at the idea that they have to run, streak away or LoS to survive and say that they shouldn't have to. What else do they want to do when they are countered and/or overwhelmed? What other option remains? Right, standing and fighting or tanking/mitigating the damage on the spot. I admit the tanking "every source of damage" is a bit of an exaggeration though. Almost every good player that does frequent 1vx makes intelligent use of his environment. That includes LoS. Why some sorcs here refuse to do so or call it dishonorable, or a crutch for the unskilled (which is ridiculous in and of itself), is their own personal problem. This is what I mean with 'false sense of pride', which is exactly what it is.
    I acknowledge the need for hard counters, but those counters ought to consist more than wearing a set of gear and light attack spamming. Or alternatively, address the root of the problem and disallow shield stacking. Not have dubious mechanics countered by even worse mechanics.

That's all.
    I get what you're saying. Spamming bow light attacks is just dumb and cheesy. And if ZOS were to come up with a less cheesy version that is still effective, I would be all in.

Ironically though it currently takes more 'effort' to counter a shieldstacker than it takes to counter a NB cloaker. A marked NB is mostly dead, and it requires ONE skill. And there are a lot more things that break cloak. A lot of things that work against it. A sorc can just keep his current build and cast curse or streak through the cloaking nb to remove it.

I think we can agree that a sorcerer without a single shield is mostly dead too. To counter a shieldstacker, you have to equip a complete set, basically making you a niche build, useless against anything else. And even then the stories in this thread are wildly overexaggerated. Can't survive against a sb spamming nb? I'm confident enough to say this is utter nonsense. I have seen the opposite happen too many times to know it simply isn't true.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "She canny take any more' this captain!" Thread :D
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    This joke of a thread still going?

Against good sorcs shield breaker is NOT a hard counter at all. Well played sorcs will streak away and easily heal through the measly damage that shield breaker does. At best it puts pressure on sorcs and forces them to move away and go on defensive briefly.

If it is intended to be an actual hard counter to shields like say the long list of hard counters to stealth/invisibility (you know the ones that actually completely nullify the skill) then it needs a buff.

So you are saying that the counter to shieldbreaker is... wait for it... run away. Did you actually think before posting that?

The counter for shieldbreaker is to not use damage shields. Simple and obvious.

Ah, so the counter to shieldbreaker is to die to everything else. Got it, my bad. Simple and obvious indeed. Every suggestion is more hilarious than the last one. Probably the next one will be "the counter to shieldbreaker is to reroll a different class".

You should reroll. Making mag sorcs look bad in here.

Says the guy who considers a mag sorc with stamina sets and no shields a competitive build.

LOL what?
    Did i post that build?
    NOPE

Just keep showing to everyone here how wrong and bad you are.

Just stop embarrasing your self.

This is not a balance problem, is a personal problem. Not been able to counter 1 set.. QQ more, maybe you will get double hardened ward after it expires.

Unbelivable

You are right. It is a personal problem. Its a personal problem for you because you need to rely on every skilless thing in the game to carry you because of ur lack of skill.

And no you didnt post that build. But you did consider it as an actual viable build that exposed me for my lack of knowledge. And then talking about embarrassing. Lol.

See, usually when people try to make a case, actually need to provide facts, evidence, explain with examples or whatever to prove what they are saying is true. But you make this easy. All we have to do is just let you post and you proof how clueless you are.

Ubelieavable indeed.
    Edited by pieratsos on September 15, 2017 8:55AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That includes LoS. Why some sorcs here refuse to do so or call it dishonorable, or a crutch for the unskilled (which is ridiculous in and of itself), is their own personal problem. This is what I mean with 'false sense of pride', which is exactly what it is.

Its not about sorcs and their pride or whatever you think it is. Thats just a dumb idea people put in their minds because they dont like sorcs. Sorcs that actually give a sh*t about the game literally suggested to fix shieldstacking. So much for pride and refusing to adapt right?

You could add a set that deals 2k oblivion dmg on light attacks to anyone that is blocking. Solution to permablockers right? Wrong. Thats not a solution. That makes the problem even worse.

Its not about sorcs or nightblades or any class and their pride. Its about the game itself and what crap like sb do to it. It removes skill from the game and PVP ends up a giant moshpit full of brainless one button build wonders that just isnt fun.

Having sets, abilities or whatever that deal unresistable dmg completely bypassing mechanics that are considered too strong and they are an issue for the game doesnt make the mechanic any less of an issue. You address the issue you have. You dont solve a broken thing with another broken thing. Shieldstacking is an issue. Fix shieldstacking. Shieldbreaker doenst fix it. If it did then this thread wouldnt exist.
    Edited by pieratsos on September 15, 2017 9:29AM
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the potatoes have potated
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few things that can counter shields besides SB....

Shattering blows in CP - most people just put a few points into here, so it isn't a strong counter

Poisons - at least the one that make your magicka abilities cost more for some set period of time. If someone is running this with say... assassin's guile and infused weapons, then you have a problem.

Fear.... I've seen a lot of videos where a NB uses fear to deal with sorcs and their shield stacking.

Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THEY TOOK IT OFF THE LIGHTNING STAFF--
    Biggest nerf in the game for you crybaby sheild stackers.

Do you ever stop? Your the Meta, 75% of Cyrodil is playing a sheild stacking sorc, every nerf is in your favor, and all you do is cry.
    Edited by Crom_CCCXVI on September 16, 2017 10:52PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THEY TOOK IT OFF THE LIGHTNING STAFF--
    Biggest nerf in the game for you crybaby sheild stackers.

Do you ever stop? Your the Meta, 75% of Cyrodil is playing a sheild stacking sorc, every nerf is in your favor, and all you do is cry.

394.jpg
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Shieldbreaker bow infused with oblivion enchant is just melting anyone using a shield t :#
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, sorcs get their unavoidable CC back in Clockwork City, at the cost of a slot.

Now, my little non-sorcs, you will know pain. I told you again and again you got the long end of the stick when Curse was made unblockable at the expense of Streak made blockable. You'll see what I mean, soon...

Oh, and watch Kodi's new tournament video. Even in a duel, where sorcs are supposedly OP, they die fairly quickly, despite shields. It's the warden and templar that fight for ten minutes plus. And no, no bad sorcs there, unless you wanna call Iralya bad, on of the best sorcs out there.

Peace, you fools!
    *evil laughter*
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I just got 4 year forum anniversary, so my opinion must be based on the most experience, therefore, the most correct. So there. :p

Pff.. Where's the video proof! :trollface::tongue:

Click my profile, it's my most recent badge. :D Seems like less than 200 people got it before me.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on September 20, 2017 1:30PM
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    i tested shieldbraeker in cyro 2 months ago and got no hit the whole evening, so i droped it. From my point of view, its only against sorcs and i dont want to run a set that gets hits almost only on sorcs. Also saw yesterday in some other thread that sorcs is likely the second least played class in cyro (templar>nightblade>sorc>dk (forget warden)).
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    right, just give us a magic vigor and we will call it a day. hell fire

To be fair, there is Energy Orb. Underrated heal, it's quite powerful. Just positional in a sometimes inconvenient way.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To be fair, there is Energy Orb. Underrated heal, it's quite powerful. Just positional in a sometimes inconvenient way.

Also its tendency to completely vanish if it touches a collision box of any kind.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

Also its tendency to completely vanish if it touches a collision box of any kind.

It's also extremely expensive. But it is a magicka heal that doesn't require a resto staff. I wish the orbs would just hover in place if they hit a collision box, rather than despawning.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about give magic base classes something as good a vigor for PVP? doesn't have to be a heal. the nerf to prox/det has given and unfair advantage to stam as far as PVP skills

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shieldbreaker - one of best sets for PvP right now. Pretty much mandatory for medium armor users. I hope to see them buffed a lot.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, look, another sorc buff. Now with sorcs handing out 2.5s stuns and roots like a DK, I expect to see more shieldbreaker honestly.

Now if we can remove stacking, remove shieldbreaker, remove the new rune prison, we can all forget this horrible balance nightmare ever happened.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Ah, look, another sorc buff. Now with sorcs handing out 2.5s stuns and roots like a DK, I expect to see more shieldbreaker honestly.

Now if we can remove stacking, remove shieldbreaker, remove the new rune prison, we can all forget this horrible balance nightmare ever happened.

But, but, ... UNBLOCKABLE CURSE!!!
    (0_0)