Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

Decorating Hints, Tips & Ideas

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccengi wrote: »
    Who wants to ride on my Ferris wheel ;)

I do, I do! :p

Really cool! Awesome job!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccengi wrote: »
    Who wants to ride on my Ferris wheel ;)

8g4gc9dimkwf.jpeg

Wow! Freakin' awesome!! You should get an entire fun fair park happening! :smiley:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

CP 750+ drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker

• Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭

[/quote]

Wow! Freakin' awesome!! You should get an entire fun fair park happening! :smiley: [/quote]
    That’s the idea theme for the house is Coney Island
  • Wintergreen
    Wintergreen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally want one of these on the Fun + Debauchery side of my Linchal manor but I'm quite sure I have neither the skills nor the patience to build one. I've always been fascinated with carnivals and boardwalks and the like. Very nice!
    Mac/NA
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try combining items, I do it all the time here’s my Grand Imperial fountain
    iwn9ykjqdo1z.png
    31vmz9kxt4e9.png
  • Aurelle1
    Aurelle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you thought of using the Alinor Ballroom Floor? Maybe not so much in the Redguard style, but would still look good and far less slots and expense.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to make decent flooring in Hunding's Palatial Hall using 16 Redguard table, Grand Inlaid and 8 Redguard table Inlaid. The central square area is a tight fit, looks pretty nice, but consumes slots and time to align tables.
    )

Now that is clever! Looks like parquet flooring, well done.
  • missbanjo
    missbanjo
    Soul Shriven
    Kitchen hearth. Yep it uses a lot of slots lol
    fmxoiqum6kva.png

Library w/fireplace
    6e8kporrk7vp.png

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    7) I don't have a screenshot of it, but the common skillet turned upside down, kind of looks like a handheld mirror for vanities and such :lol:

Doesn't it say a lot that we have to resort to stuff like this, when there are hand-mirrors in the game already?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    7) I don't have a screenshot of it, but the common skillet turned upside down, kind of looks like a handheld mirror for vanities and such :lol:

Doesn't it say a lot that we have to resort to stuff like this, when there are hand-mirrors in the game already?

I know! There are so many items in the game (like simple wooden ladders for eg. that would look nice against trees etc.) that are not available as furnishings though it would probably be really simple. But you know, if you have a skiller for a mirror, it can double for whacking an intruder if they tried to enter your room :lol:
    @stargold

PC/NA CP810

AD Nefelyn - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Master Angler ǀ Hero of all the things (fine, some of the things)
    DC Bastiene - Breton Templar - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Prefect
    AD Niobeh - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Black Market Mogul ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer (but we don’t talk about that)
    AD Ashayam - Khajiit Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sydhe Narjes - Redguard Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Eva Saint Claire - Breton Warden - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Rruns-With-Scissors ­- Argonian Dragoknight - Tank ǀ He’s a good boy, OK Bront?
    EP Moiranni Deyr - Dunmer Dragonknight - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Anur Imagua - Redguard Templar - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    AD Azoke Sen - Imperial Sorcerer - Tank ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sàverin - Redguard Warden - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Zuwane Okoye - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror

PC/EU CP490

AD Ariadne Nearil - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Máyim - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror

vSO HM · vAA HM · vHRC HM · vMOL · vHOF HM · vAS+1 · vCR+0 · vDSA · vBRP

It's not zerging if we are all solo and just happen to go to the same place independently xD
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some things I came up with while decorating my new house, in case anyone finds them helpful [...]

@Jaimeh
    Awesome list of creative ways to construct many cool things -- things people have been asking for here on the forums -- and all out of materials that we have access to in game, right now. Thank you for sharing! <3
    @Cardinal05 // Geezus Take The Heal (PC, NA) // Divine Design Alliance
    Add-on Developer // Essential Housing Tools - Magic Carpet - DecoTrack - Guild Alert
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Here are some things I came up with while decorating my new house, in case anyone finds them helpful [...]

@Jaimeh
    Awesome list of creative ways to construct many cool things -- things people have been asking for here on the forums -- and all out of materials that we have access to in game, right now. Thank you for sharing! <3

@R_K I've found many great ideas in this thread and the housing subforums in general, so it's nice to contribute back in some way :smile: I'm glad you thought they were helpful!
    @stargold

PC/NA CP810

AD Nefelyn - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Master Angler ǀ Hero of all the things (fine, some of the things)
    AD Niobeh - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Black Market Mogul ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer (but we don’t talk about that)
    EP Rruns-With-Scissors ­- Argonian Dragoknight - Tank ǀ He’s a good boy, OK Bront?

PC/EU CP490

It's not zerging if we are all solo and just happen to go to the same place independently xD
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I needed to close a room or two in the ground floor of Alinor Townhouse to get a better item count anywhere else and got inspired by this fountain in one of the houses I visited for quest:

UHi48uY.jpg

I tried to recreate it by using:
    - Ayleid Bookcase (craftable)
    - Alinor Fountain(craftable)
    - Alinor Potted Plant, Perpetual Bloom (craftable)
    - Dibella Icon (crownstore, but optional)

tRru5yN.jpg

This is wonderful! I need to block off the right door as you enter the estate aswell. I used the clockwork animated book shelf thing but this is so much more elegant! Thank you for sharing! <3
    Bangkok Reach Around | DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 627cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 627cp
    Raven Roxie | DC | Brenton | Magicka Warden | Support | 627cp
    Vesper Paris | DC | Brenton | Magicka Sorc | DPS | 627cp
    Phantogram | DC | Brenton | Magicka Sorc | DPS | Under 50 PvP
    ESO | Twitch | Twitter
  • ThoraldGM
    ThoraldGM
    ✭✭
    Nord version of a missing man table. The chair is more ornate than the others in the tavern. A personal item from someone honored prevents others from sitting on the chair. A memorial instead of a wanted poster. Wine on the rags instead of blood. Upside down mug for the friends who were lost at sea or in battle.

ygx5rtxkrjdp.png
    Edited by ThoraldGM on August 11, 2018 6:09PM
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThoraldGM Thanks for sharing your amazing & creative ideas! I especially love the cellar trap door! Lol Expect a visit from me sometime soon as I'd love to see your home in-game! :smiley:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

CP 750+ drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas about what I might use to make a window similar to the one in the Golden Gryphon inn apartment?
    @stargold

PC/NA CP810

PC/EU CP490

• Wintergreen
    Wintergreen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant door block-offs. Hnnngg...really regretting not getting the ship. Also, I really like the use of the scavenged plates as countertops. Gives a warmer feeling to contrast with the cooler tones in the walls.
    Mac/NA