Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Cyrodil PVE/Exploration campaign

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this has been thoroughly covered, as had you searched first, you'd have likely found at least a dozen similar requests.

There's no reason for this.

Enter with friends or be cautious and take your time. The added sense of danger should add to your experience, not detract from it. It's TG, but with added penalty.

Avoid the main areas and you'll be fine. Only the behind the gate shards provide any difficulty, and that's just a matter of patience.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would the issue be reduced if it was potentially easier to get around the map? I had a suggestion a while back wherein the 21 Ayleid Ruins on the map were turned into capturable fast travel points. Then it would be easier to get back to where you were if someone kills you.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Would the issue be reduced if it was potentially easier to get around the map? I had a suggestion a while back wherein the 21 Ayleid Ruins on the map were turned into capturable fast travel points. Then it would be easier to get back to where you were if someone kills you.

i believe the word you are looking for is keeps. they already exist.
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    If you ask politely, I'm sure the gate guards will let you in so you can get those pesky skyshards behind enemy lines. I asked Rakkhat nicely if he would just drop dead and give me loot, and because I said please he dropped me some moondancer.
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    Those skyshards are not necessary and running into Pvpers is not a given.
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    From a similar thread that got burried.
    Aisle9 wrote: »

You don't need the lorebooks to reach level 10 in the mage's guild skill line.

You don't need the skyshards to complete the story line.

You don't need the delves to complete any of your adventure zone's missions.

You want those skyshards, lorebooks and delve achievements.

There's a way to get them, come to Cyrodiil.

Achievements are made to be challenging. You want the challenge removed for the sake of I don't even know what.

Completely irrelevant to the case of having a PvE Cyrodil or not. What does it matter to you if a player that doesn't want to take part in your gank fest can get the PvE elements of Cyrodil done in a completely separate instance of the map, earning no AP or helping any faction? If you're so honorable that you'd never-ever attack PvErs like you said in previous pages, why are you so against letting those same players that add absolutely nothing to your game getting their own map to do their PvE things? Unless, of course, all you really want is the easy AP ganking PvErs gets you. Otherwise, all you're doing is crying about something that doesn't affect you at all but that could make a lot of other players happy.

It would make no sense to ask for a mob-free vMoL so you can get the skin, why are you people asking for the same exact thing?

Density is strong on this one. Again, because PvE achievements are locked behind a PvP zone, which doesn't interest me whatsoever. But for some seriously skewed reason, you people think is ok to force me into that cesspool to complete what should have been PvE.

As for organizing events, are you daft ? I, as a player, have to make sure a part of the game can function properly ? It would be like asking you, as a PvE player, to make an event to get people to play into an alliance rather than another. It's not your job.

See? Even you can make sense sometimes. That's PRECISELY our point! Why do you people expect us PvErs to work for your entertainment? It's not our job to fix your godamned PvP! Either take it up on yourselves to solve the problem and do as I suggested or, hell, even come up with your own ideas to make it stop bleeding players. Have you thought about that? Just like we are doing by asking a PvE Cyrodil map so we don't have to deal with PvP.

As for gankers land, I'm happy that you guys are so knowledgeable about a side of the game you don't even want to come close for fear of getting some disease, really happy.

If you've payed attention to my first post on this thread you'll see I posted videos of people doing exactly that: ganking PvErs and newbies. I know it's convenient to forget the proof you asked has been posted, but here's a reminder:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4375365/#Comment_4375365

So far you're throwing assumptions about PvP, like that the majority of the population is made of griefers, and there are people actively hunting you for some unknown reason, or that the moment you step into cyrodiil you get ganked.

Like I said in the original post, I found these videos within 3 minutes of searching for "elder scrolls online ganking noobs". here's another reminder: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4375365/#Comment_4375365
    And don't forget the countless accounts of PvE players in this very thread about their own experiences with trying to complet the PvE content in Cyrodil.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4378014/#Comment_4378014
    Edited by Menegroth on August 2, 2017 5:28AM
    "I see", said the blind man
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you enter Cyrodiil you become a soldier for your faction. If you are unwilling to fight for your faction you have no business being in Cyrodiil.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    When you enter Cyrodiil you become a soldier for your faction. If you are unwilling to fight for your faction you have no business being in Cyrodiil.

What if I wanted to be a medic for the army, a non combatant?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭

48ce9101482f1815257da6a127341ebc.jpg

And since we're not willing to be "soldiers" to any factions, a completely separated PvE Cyrodil has absolutely no impact in the gameplay of you people. Oh, sorry. No impact in the soldier's gameplay.

As we've been saying all this time, we'll get off your queues and you people wiull have a PvP Cyrodil filled with people that want to PvP and will provide you with a challenge, while we become free to complete the PvE content that was locked behind a PvP zone.

Simple and everyone benefits.
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm not arguing in favor of or against OPs idea, if that were true then there wouldn't be fishing holes. Unless we are also at war with fish. Are we at war with fish? The server kept crashing and I can't help but wonder if the fish were responsible. Can something be done, a PVFish campaign?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    While I'm not arguing in favor of or against OPs idea, if that were true then there wouldn't be fishing holes. Unless we are also at war with fish. Are we at war with fish? The server kept crashing and I can't help but wonder if the fish were responsible. Can something be done, a PVFish campaign?

So you think there are no fish in warezones? Yes there are fishingholes because that is how fishing works in ESO. During WW2 many people caught fish in the warzones. Or did you think that all fish suddenly disappeared in a contested area?

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it about 90% of all PVE players say to PVP players when it comes down to BIS gear and maelstrom weapons and VDSA weapons... ummmm ya that's it L2P straight up if you want to do quest and get skyshards and lore books in a PVP zone then L2P. Unless what you are saying and it sounds like you are is the only thing you know how to do is play against and beat is a computer generated mechanic that does the same thing over and over and over and over if that's the case then GG.
    Edited by Unfadingsilence on August 2, 2017 7:12AM
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    I would still quest in cyrodil. Because that's part of the fun of questing in a pvp zone.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    The Gold Coast is my PvE Cyrodiil (Oblivion fans should know that this is a valid premise)...

However, if there were PvP-free versions of Cyrodiil and Imperial City, they would secure my attention in short order.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    No, that's most certainly not what I'm looking for. Keep transit is tied down to the Transitus Network, and is completely useless for getting across the map as you have to have an unbroken chain from the border gate. Conversely, you would be able to travel to any controlled Ayleid Ruin from any other, which would allow a lot more freedom.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that's most certainly not what I'm looking for. Keep transit is tied down to the Transitus Network, and is completely useless for getting across the map as you have to have an unbroken chain from the border gate. Conversely, you would be able to travel to any controlled Ayleid Ruin from any other, which would allow a lot more freedom.

well, yeh, actually. you wanted capturable points you can use as spawn points. thats a keep. i dont think they need more.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Its about give and take.

To give benefits of completing Cyrodiil stuff to people without them having to beat the content there (that content being surviving other players), you'd have to offer the same to people like myself....: PVPers who don't do trials or the harder dungeons.. Let me do them without having to beat the content - Empty all the bosses out, let me walk through them and give me the loot in a chest at the end - not to mention the titles, achievements and Undaunted levels etc...

Sounds a bit silly, doesn't it?

What they are asking for is a PvE version of a PvP zone. The mirror for you would be to fill a trial with other players attacking you (getting PvP in a PvE zone). Dungeons have predictable mechanics, while players are a bit harder to plan ahead for everything that needs to be done. You're comparing apples to oranges. The OP is asking to turn a PvP zone into a PvE zone in a different instance, you are asking for the best free loot.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny all those PvE players had no problem joining the PvP Cyrodiil when it was about roleplaying to their Legate rank at Bleakers.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, yeh, actually. you wanted capturable points you can use as spawn points. thats a keep. i dont think they need more.
    You can only spawn at a keep if you die in PvP, which is useless to the PvE players. Say a DC character dies to one of the bandits at the Gray Viper Outpost near Roebeck. Even if DC owns Roebeck, that character can only respawn at the DC Border Gate. If DC doesn't own Nickel, that character then can't get back to Roebeck or the Gray Viper Outpost quickly, and instead has to cross half of Cyrodiil again. Conversely, if DC owned Sardavar Leed, the character would be able to respawn there and would be back at the Gray Viper Outpost very quickly, and would be able to stay away from the PvP hotspots as well.
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    join a low pop server and travel with a buddy (or not). On the low pop servers, there is a really good chance that you won't bump into anyone on you travels. And if you do, there is a good chance that they will leave you alone. They are most likely there for the same thing. Just watch out for town guards.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrewQ84 wrote: »
    there is a good chance that they will leave you alone. They are most likely there for the same thing.

That's not true. Every time I went to a low pop campaign any AD or DC that saw me rush to kill me (most of them are tanks).
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait until your faction is in control over lots of keeps to go for the skyshards in enemy zone.
    Done all the Skyshards in Cyrodil and all the non daily quests. Got killed by other players once, my own fault another Khajiit I thought was AD :)
    Was a couple of times I redraw as it was enemy players in area. They was also PvE so probably not an danger but they might be tempted to hit while I was fighting npc.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i had to farm pve content for the rewards to benefit my pvp goals then people shouldnt have the option to skip pvp and still get the rewards to benefit their pve goals. Its only fair.

Want to have a pve cyrodiil? Then convince zos to have all pve sets attainable in pvp.

It is true that an individual pvper wouldnt be directly effected by a pve cyrodiil. But, the existence of a pve cyrodiil would be a symbolic kick in the teeth for every pvper. It would also mean less players are forced into pvp situations, meaning less players will discover how enjoyable it can be. If all I did was read these forums, I would probably be very hesitent to even enter Cyrodiil, but Cyrodiil is the only reason I preordered this game havent stopped playing it. Cyrodiil is so enjoyable for me that I have spent hundreds of hours in pve content I hate. Its hard to take suggestions like this seriously given the small amount of time it would take to exhaust the pve content in cyrodiil. Suck it up buttercup.
    Edited by badmojo on August 2, 2017 3:59PM
    [DC/NA]
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Its about give and take.

To give benefits of completing Cyrodiil stuff to people without them having to beat the content there (that content being surviving other players), you'd have to offer the same to people like myself....: PVPers who don't do trials or the harder dungeons.. Let me do them without having to beat the content - Empty all the bosses out, let me walk through them and give me the loot in a chest at the end - not to mention the titles, achievements and Undaunted levels etc...

Sounds a bit silly, doesn't it?

What they are asking for is a PvE version of a PvP zone. The mirror for you would be to fill a trial with other players attacking you (getting PvP in a PvE zone). Dungeons have predictable mechanics, while players are a bit harder to plan ahead for everything that needs to be done. You're comparing apples to oranges. The OP is asking to turn a PvP zone into a PvE zone in a different instance, you are asking for the best free loot.

It boggles my mind how people fail to understand something so simple as this. PvPers have absolutely nothing to lose with this. We'll get out of their queues and they'll have a PvP zone filled with PvPers only. The only people against this are the people that can only gain AP by ganking PvErs trying to do their PvE things. Real PvPers should have no problem at all with this.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Menegroth wrote: »

And since we're not willing to be "soldiers" to any factions, a completely separated PvE Cyrodil has absolutely no impact in the gameplay of you people. Oh, sorry. No impact in the soldier's gameplay.

As we've been saying all this time, we'll get off your queues and you people wiull have a PvP Cyrodil filled with people that want to PvP and will provide you with a challenge, while we become free to complete the PvE content that was locked behind a PvP zone.

Nah its actually a fact lady.

Its also a fact that you do not need a separate instance. I'm in Cryodiil almost everyday. You know where im not at? Everywhere that isn't a keep or resource around a keep. I'm DC and Chorrol is a stones throw away from Rayles. I haven't been in Chorrol since the anniversary event. I actually can't remember the last time I was in Cheydinhal. I very rarely go into a delve to get the AP buff and 9/10 times no one is delve. I play in Vivec the most active campaign.

I do not feel I'm unique. None of my pvp friends hang out in towns or near skyshards, they are all at the fights with me. I also have no interest in fighting people who don't know how to fight back. There is nothing fun about that.

And people arguing that a pve cyrodiil does nothing to pvpers, when I first started this game I had NO interest in pvp. I went into Cyrodiil on a skyshard run with a guild. When we exited a delve there was a siege going on at a keep near us and we went over to see what was happening. I have been an avid pvper since that day. SO you tell me. If that had been a pve version of Cyrodiil would I still be a pvper? How many others went in for skyshards or something else and came out loving pvp?

You don't need a pve cyrodiil

DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭

Nah its actually a fact lady.

Its also a fact that you do not need a separate instance. I'm in Cryodiil almost everyday. You know where im not at? Everywhere that isn't a keep or resource around a keep. I'm DC and Chorrol is a stones throw away from Rayles. I haven't been in Chorrol since the anniversary event. I actually can't remember the last time I was in Cheydinhal. I very rarely go into a delve to get the AP buff and 9/10 times no one is delve. I play in Vivec the most active campaign.

I do not feel I'm unique. None of my pvp friends hang out in towns or near skyshards, they are all at the fights with me. I also have no interest in fighting people who don't know how to fight back. There is nothing fun about that.

And people arguing that a pve cyrodiil does nothing to pvpers, when I first started this game I had NO interest in pvp. I went into Cyrodiil on a skyshard run with a guild. When we exited a delve there was a siege going on at a keep near us and we went over to see what was happening. I have been an avid pvper since that day. SO you tell me. If that had been a pve version of Cyrodiil would I still be a pvper? How many others went in for skyshards or something else and came out loving pvp?

You don't need a pve cyrodiil

No matter how highly you snowflakes think of yourselves, your opinions are not facts.

I think it's funny how, in the forums, all PvPers are bastions of honor and never-ever would attack a PvEr doing their PvE things in Cyrodil, while the accounts of actual PvErs that went there just for the PvE indicates tghe complete opposite. Even if you really are telling the truth, you're the exception, not the rule. The experience of PvErs whil in Cyrodil attest to that. The fact that, since you're not in the PvE areas, don't see this happening, doesn't meanit doesn't happen. Simple.

And yes, PvE Cyrodil does not affect you people at all. Concentrate and read because this is not hard to understand, I guarantee.

- The PvP Cyrodil will not cease to exist
    - PvErs will get out of your queues
    - Cyrodil will be filled with PvPers only, providing you the challenge you desire
    - Players in the PvE Cyrodil campaing won't earn any AP or help any factions
    - Again, the PvP Cyrodil will still exist the way it is today

So, yes, you'd still be a PvPer since you and yourr guild would still be able to run newbies through it and get people hooked in the battle. What won't help either PvPers nor PvErs is trying force people that have absolutely no interest in PvP in there so they can complete their PvE achievements.

As we've been saying again and again, both groups have only to gain from this. The only group that will lose are the people that seek and farm PvErs in order to gain AP, since they lack the ability to actually fight other PvPers for it.
    So, if you really not one of those, you should have no problem at all with a completely separate PvE Cyrodil campaing.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It boggles my mind how people fail to understand something so simple as this. PvPers have absolutely nothing to lose with this. We'll get out of their queues and they'll have a PvP zone filled with PvPers only. The only people against this are the people that can only gain AP by ganking PvErs trying to do their PvE things. Real PvPers should have no problem at all with this.

Because it's not about us losing free kills, that's the part you have to understand. It's about not giving in to whiny PVE'ers who can't be bothered to even spend a few hours in a PVP zone. The zone was designed with PVP in mind. I don't want the developers to spend even 1minute retrofitting it so cowards can get their skyshards without worry...no...just no. I will say it again...because I know you will forget.....THIS IS NOT ABOUT WANTING FREE KILLS IN CYRODIIL. IT'S ABOUT YOU GUYS BEING SO CHICKEN **** THAT YOU REFUSE TO EVER STEP FOOT INSIDE A PVP ZONE.

#NoSafeSpaceInCyrodiil
    Edited by badmojo on August 2, 2017 7:50PM
    [DC/NA]
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

What if I wanted to be a medic for the army, a non combatant?

Medics are not non-combatants. They get targeted and killed a lot. And if you want to be a medic, go join the fray as a healer. What you are asking to be isn't a medic, it's a deserter.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

Because it's not about us losing free kills, that's the part you have to understand. It's about not giving in to whiny PVE'ers who can't be bothered to even spend a few hours in a PVP zone. The zone was designed with PVP in mind. I don't want the developers to spend even 1minute retrofitting it so cowards can get their skyshards without worry...no...just no. I will say it again...because I know you will forget.....THIS IS NOT ABOUT WANTING FREE KILLS IN CYRODIIL. IT'S ABOUT YOU GUYS BEING SO CHICKEN **** THAT YOU REFUSE TO EVER STEP FOOT INSIDE A PVP ZONE.

#NoSafeSpaceInCyrodiil

QFT.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcd23 wrote: »
    @Anne_Firehawk That's why I said maybe a campaign that's designed for that so it don't interfere with the pvp... You only go in there if you don't want to do pvp

Players going into Cyrodiil to do quests and dungeons or grab shards are not interfering with the PvP people. They're not going to mind and you probably won't see much of them as long as you avoid keeps ans such.

Yea, it's possible you'll get attacks but it's rare.

I recall doing the quests and was someone trying to kill a member of my alliance while in the quest hub. He met an early demise, then again he asked for it.