Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Cyrodil PVE/Exploration campaign

Marcd23
Marcd23
✭✭✭
Yeah... I know I'm more than likely going to get lynched for this... But not everybody does pvp all the time and there's a lot that don't do it at all... And for those... It's hard or impossible to get all of the game content done... Sky shards, dolmans, delves and the daily quests...
I think this would be a nice addition to the game... Either that or let us deactivate pvp while in there and once you've turned it on or off you can't change it again for 12 hours and it can't be turned on or off once you have left one of the home bases... So players can't see other players and just turn it off to stop being attacked or turn it on when people think you're in pve mode and start attacking them...

If you're gonna lynch me... Remember I'm only sharing my opinions
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to enjoy Cyrodiil, take the risk of having to PVP while doing PVE. It's a PVP-Zone, the Roleplayers wouldn't like it if suddenly the war was paused there.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just adapt your playstyle a bit and you can do it.
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Marcd23
    Marcd23
    ✭✭✭
    @Anne_Firehawk That's why I said maybe a campaign that's designed for that so it don't interfere with the pvp... You only go in there if you don't want to do pvp
    Edited by Marcd23 on July 22, 2017 8:56AM
  • Marcd23
    Marcd23
    ✭✭✭
    @sdtlc but there are sky shards behind main gates... And if your character ain't one of the alliances it can be near impossible to get to them...
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are the only three salty fishing spot in front of a yellow gate.

This is about playing the game and not getting dinner served when coming home ;)
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll sympathize once I can get the achievements, skill points aso for vet dungeons and trials without having to deal with all these pesky mobs inside.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a strictly PvE player, I'm glad they reset everyone's connection to Cyrodiil campaigns a while back, I no longer get those annoying messages anymore about who captured what. A large chunk of my characters have gotten a lot of sky shards there so they don't need to go back anytime soon to fill out the rest, but my new characters I'm resorting to other available options for skill points. If I hit my limit on them, I may link back up with a Campaign or just suck it up and exclude it. A PvE version of it would be nice though, if only to gather sky shards and not deal with PvP crap.
  • Its_Alexis
    Its_Alexis
    ✭✭✭
    Think most of the PvE players would like this, but many of the PvP would oppose to this. Not sure what they're opposing to since they can enjoy their PvP campaign while we PvE players have our own campaign, doesn't this help with the population as well?

It sucks getting killed in a delve that is miles away from base while waiting for the correct boss to spawn. Or while collecting skyshard a NB just stab you in the back, then you need to ride your mount all across the map again. :|
    PC NA

Alexis Light - Breton Templar DD
    Likes-To-Tank - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Pauline Storm - Altmer Sorcerer DD
    Thunder gro-Lightning - Orc Sorcerer Speedster
  • Marcd23
    Marcd23
    ✭✭✭
    @Its_Alexis that's exactly what I'm talking about... It wouldn't have a single bit of effect on the pvp players at all
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like this idea. You want to explore cyrodiil buck up and out your big boy pants on. you may even learn a few things.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its about give and take.

To give benefits of completing Cyrodiil stuff to people without them having to beat the content there (that content being surviving other players), you'd have to offer the same to people like myself....: PVPers who don't do trials or the harder dungeons.. Let me do them without having to beat the content - Empty all the bosses out, let me walk through them and give me the loot in a chest at the end - not to mention the titles, achievements and Undaunted levels etc...

Sounds a bit silly, doesn't it?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Marcd23
    Marcd23
    ✭✭✭
    @Biro123 yeah I completely understand... But you still have to fight off stuff in Cyrodil as well... I get it's not the same level of difficulty... But when you're the other side of Cyrodil minding your own business... Collecting shards and clearing delves... Then a group of 20 run through... You ain't gonna stand a single chance... You then have to travel all the way back across... It becomes a bit tedious
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Its about give and take.

To give benefits of completing Cyrodiil stuff to people without them having to beat the content there (that content being surviving other players), you'd have to offer the same to people like myself....: PVPers who don't do trials or the harder dungeons.. Let me do them without having to beat the content - Empty all the bosses out, let me walk through them and give me the loot in a chest at the end - not to mention the titles, achievements and Undaunted levels etc...

You're okay that we join in only to collect stuff like Sky Shards, Delve achievements, daily quests, and complete anchors. We make ZERO contributions to help defend or capture key locations and we take up extra numbers on the queue limit that could have gone to someone else who wants to PvP.
  • Marcd23
    Marcd23
    ✭✭✭
    @phaneub17_ESO exactly... People who want to explore will be adding nothing to the war... Except player space and contributing to server lag that's bad enough as it is
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play on console, then theres always a campaign or two thats more or less PvE anyway.

XBox EU (outside of this event) - Shor - Its an emp swapping campaign. Stay away from the inner ring forts, and the rest of cyrodiil is very peaceful and quiet.

And if you want REALLY peaceful, with no pvp at all, go for Non-CP almalexia. Just adjust your build slightly to allow for sustain issues. You can literally spend hours and hours in there and not see another player, ever.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Triumviri
    Triumviri
    ✭✭✭
    I just honesty wish they never had pvp in this game. I don't know why many mmos feel the need to include it. Do one or the other if ya try both it causes balance issues...
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its about give and take.

You're okay that we join in only to collect stuff like Sky Shards, Delve achievements, daily quests, and complete anchors. We make ZERO contributions to help defend or capture key locations and we take up extra numbers on the queue limit that could have gone to someone else who wants to PvP.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have it - just that there needs to be balance... If you want to complete stuff without the part that makes it difficult/you don't enjoy - then so do I.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise the difficulty of the mobs to "Adventure zone" like what Craglorn used to be, give the mobs buttloads of health and damage, they can even add more NPC packs that would be PvP areas to simulate getting smacked around by a large crowd. Some of the more difficult areas would require us to form parties or even raid groups to accomplish what most players cannot solo.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I PvE most of the time, but I do venture into Cyrodil once in a while.
    It's so impossible, ive completed all of it on at least 6 characters. I've done all skyshards, even the ones behind the gates on 12.
    Edited by Katahdin on July 22, 2017 11:40AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raise the difficulty of the mobs to "Adventure zone" like what Craglorn used to be, give the mobs buttloads of health and damage, they can even add more NPC packs that would be PvP areas to simulate getting smacked around by a large crowd. Some of the more difficult areas would require us to form parties or even raid groups to accomplish what most players cannot solo.

And let me go into the trial dungeons with no mobs and a bunch of other players so we have to fight it out where only one winner can emerge with the loot. I know, its a stupid suggestion, but.....

Ultimitely, the game rewards A for doing X, B for doing Y etc... You're asking for it to reward everything for doing X - so its only fair that I can have it give everything for doing Y.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "It wouldn't have a single effect on pvp players".

And we wouldn't mind at all. Just give us the trial sets, skill points, mage guild books, monster helmets other than infused/impenetrable, undaunted passives, dungeon sets and dye colors without having to deal with PvE.

This is the same circle jerk that always comes up if this topic is raised. There's always two sides to a coin and I have no effin clue how the people asking for pve cyro don't have the capacity to see the other side.
  • Triumviri
    Triumviri
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

And we wouldn't mind at all. Just give us the trial sets, skill points, mage guild books, monster helmets other than infused/impenetrable, undaunted passives, dungeon sets and dye colors without having to deal with PvE.

This is the same circle jerk that always comes up if this topic is raised. There's always two sides to a coin and I have no effin clue how the people asking for pve cyro don't have the capacity to see the other side.

Its really not the same. A lot of pvers work hard trying to complete objectives and quest. We don't mind running across a map killing mobs fighting bosses and gathering. But what a majority of people do mind is having it interrupted by a ganker or roaming zerg. Just because its a pvp zone. Pvp in this game is a broken joke. It really should have never been implemented.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Triumviri wrote: »

Its really not the same. A lot of pvers work hard trying to complete objectives and quest. We don't mind running across a map killing mobs fighting bosses and gathering. But what a majority of people do mind is having it interrupted by a ganker or roaming zerg. Just because its a pvp zone. Pvp in this game is a broken joke. It really should have never been implemented.

No, its not really the same. A lot of PVPers work hard at their skills and builds so they can defeat those gankers. We don't mind running across a map fighting players and gathering, but what the majority of PVPers do mind is having to interrupt their PVP for weeks on end to farm PVE zones/dungeons just to get the gear they need.

PVP is not a broken joke and is the preferred playstyle for a substantial part of the playerbase - in fact it was the main selling point of the game for many people when it first came out. If it hadn't been implemented, then it may not have had the initial uptake required to make the game successful.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    Triumviri wrote: »

No, its not really the same. A lot of PVPers work hard at their skills and builds so they can defeat those gankers. We don't mind running across a map fighting players and gathering, but what the majority of PVPers do mind is having to interrupt their PVP for weeks on end to farm PVE zones/dungeons just to get the gear they need.

PVP is not a broken joke and is the preferred playstyle for a substantial part of the playerbase - in fact it was the main selling point of the game for many people when it first came out. If it hadn't been implemented, then it may not have had the initial uptake required to make the game successful.

This is why I've long been of the opinion that PvE and PvP sets should be kept separate and have each other's respective set bonuses suspended outside of their intended zones. Then add some new and better PvP sets so that PvPers don't have to grind out dungeons to get "BiS" stuff for their class. Then you can separate PvP and PvE instances of Cyro without the common issues of this debate arising.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcd23 wrote: »
    Yeah... I know I'm more than likely going to get lynched for this... But not everybody does pvp all the time and there's a lot that don't do it at all... And for those... It's hard or impossible to get all of the game content done... Sky shards, dolmans, delves and the daily quests...
    I think this would be a nice addition to the game... Either that or let us deactivate pvp while in there and once you've turned it on or off you can't change it again for 12 hours and it can't be turned on or off once you have left one of the home bases... So players can't see other players and just turn it off to stop being attacked or turn it on when people think you're in pve mode and start attacking them...

If you're gonna lynch me... Remember I'm only sharing my opinions

im gonna go for a NO on this one, the guys who are in Cryodill are the fun ones to gank. just saying
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can still do those things while pvp is turned on. Just adjust your build, be aware of your surroundings, etc. Or just you know.....ignore that part of the game and don't fret if you don't get the achievments from pvp land.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcd23 wrote: »
    @Anne_Firehawk That's why I said maybe a campaign that's designed for that so it don't interfere with the pvp... You only go in there if you don't want to do pvp

This discussion has been had time and again and at no point has anyone brought any new ideas or opinions to the table. You have the vast majority of the map to PvE in without the threat of being killed. Dont want to get killed while PvEing? Dont go to Cyrodiil and stop trying to take what little PvPers do have in this game. PvP is suffering enough as it is.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am shivering when I read those lines from people who try stand their man in rl. You want all without any competiton and ain't man enough to try it as intended, instead you beg for easy peasy. Ridiculous.
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its really not the same. A lot of pvpers work hard trying to complete objectives and quest. We don't mind running across a map killing zergs fighting tanks and gathering. But what a majority of people do mind is having it interrupted by a one-shot or roaming Rakkhat. Just because its a pve zone. Pve in this game is a broken joke. It really should have never been implemented.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG