Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Cyrodil PVE/Exploration campaign

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Triumviri wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »
    "It wouldn't have a single effect on pvp players".

And we wouldn't mind at all. Just give us the trial sets, skill points, mage guild books, monster helmets other than infused/impenetrable, undaunted passives, dungeon sets and dye colors without having to deal with PvE.

This is the same circle jerk that always comes up if this topic is raised. There's always two sides to a coin and I have no effin clue how the people asking for pve cyro don't have the capacity to see the other side.

Its really not the same. A lot of pvers work hard trying to complete objectives and quest. We don't mind running across a map killing mobs fighting bosses and gathering. But what a majority of people do mind is having it interrupted by a ganker or roaming zerg. Just because its a pvp zone. Pvp in this game is a broken joke. It really should have never been implemented.

/golfclap

10 points for ignorance.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to enjoy Cyrodiil, take the risk of having to PVP while doing PVE. It's a PVP-Zone, the Roleplayers wouldn't like it if suddenly the war was paused there.

The "War" can still continue between NPCs without the risk of Players hunting and ganking you. If Cyrodiil was meant so much to be a PvP zone then it shouldn't have any PvE elements to it.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcd23 wrote: »
    @Anne_Firehawk That's why I said maybe a campaign that's designed for that so it don't interfere with the pvp... You only go in there if you don't want to do pvp

This discussion has been had time and again and at no point has anyone brought any new ideas or opinions to the table. You have the vast majority of the map to PvE in without the threat of being killed. Dont want to get killed while PvEing? Dont go to Cyrodiil and stop trying to take what little PvPers do have in this game. PvP is suffering enough as it is.

Should mark sarcasm next time, im a PVPer, making a PVE-only Campaign is a *** *** idea :D
    E: Nevermind lol, it's late for me.
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on July 22, 2017 7:58PM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    The "War" can still continue between NPCs without the risk of Players hunting and ganking you. If Cyrodiil was meant so much to be a PvP zone then it shouldn't have any PvE elements to it.

Yeah, true. The waiting time on delve bosses could really be reduced to zero. Good that that's the only real PvE element in there.

Okay, that and the late night NPC zergers. PvDoor ist crap.
    Edited by Leandor on July 22, 2017 8:10PM
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only things truly hard to get are the four skyshards behind the enemy gates, only because you have to spend a lot of time in Cyrodiil and hope to catch a good zerg wave. You also have that one ganker who knows players will go towards the skyshard and wait in sneak to try and pick players off going for the skyshard.

However, the other PvE elements in Cyrodiil aren't too hard, just time consuming. In fact, I found it pretty fun and exhilarating at times to try and stealth my way through Cyrodiil as I completed the PvE stuff. Waiting for delve boss spawns were more annoying than dieing to other players at times.

If you really want to maximize try and join the lowest population campaign and play at off hours.
  • Its_Alexis
    Its_Alexis
    ✭✭✭
    @Anne_Firehawk That's why I said maybe a campaign that's designed for that so it don't interfere with the pvp... You only go in there if you don't want to do pvp

This discussion has been had time and again and at no point has anyone brought any new ideas or opinions to the table. You have the vast majority of the map to PvE in without the threat of being killed. Dont want to get killed while PvEing? Dont go to Cyrodiil and stop trying to take what little PvPers do have in this game. PvP is suffering enough as it is.

What we want is just that little PvE content that is stuck behind PvP area. Tamriel Skyshard Hunter, Explorer title, Savior of Nirn title. Most of the stuff is in PvE but just that little bit is behind cyrodill.
    PC NA

Alexis Light - Breton Templar DD
    Likes-To-Tank - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Pauline Storm - Altmer Sorcerer DD
    Thunder gro-Lightning - Orc Sorcerer Speedster
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would happen if nothing but pacifists queued into Cyrodiil? There's enough care bear population to lock out the "others" for a few hours at least.

Really, think about it, population locked, you finally get in after a two hour wait and all 3 alliances are fishing and dolmen grinding. That wouldn't annoy anyone looking to pk would it?

I'd pay for a PvE Cyrodiil. Have enough pvpers proven they'd pay for mor pvp content? I don't know, I can only go by the number of people griping that Battlegrounds isn't enough incentive to buy Morrowind.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Just go to a low population campaign.
    Most pvpers have better things to do than grief pvers doing their thing.

Occasionally you will get ganked, it's not the end of the world. Just go to a new delve or quest hub if you are adamantly against fighting. Although you should consider going back and giving them what for, those type of gankers tend to be terrible pvpers.

Skyshards behind gates is trickier but also very easy, you just have to be patient if you are not going to get some friends together and take keeps. Eventually there will be an opportunity.

But really, just go out and play, it's really not that bad.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It can be done. Choose your spots carefully and the rest is pretty empty.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it can be done - I have done it both by myself and with others. Just keep an eye on the map, Keeps that are under attack will show - I will usually go the other way or circle far around. There is a pretty good amount of PvE stuff. Even during this event I have done PvE stuff and have gotten the double AP.
    If you're in a guild see if anyone is willing to do a shard run - those go pretty well for me also. Another thing that works well is invisibility pots. I make about a dozen before I go out.
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO was advertised and launched as a PVP game. They had also some OPEN PVP elements on their list.

So OP play the game as it is designed,

How about the trials to be opened with no mobs for the people that do pvp ?

Cyrodiil is fun ..and with some perseverance can be completed from the pve side.

I remember when Cracked Wood Cave was the best spot to grind alts ...

Was awesome even PVP could happen any time.

English is not my native language.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate PvP in this game, but opening a pve server in Cyrodill is simply not needed. Honestly I'd rather they just take the pve aspects and skyshards out of Cyrodill altogether. Would help the lag too. For the group who enjoy questing with PvP, you've still got Imperial City (ideally would be with its own seperate queue)

Probably won't happen though.
    Edited by MattT1988 on July 24, 2017 7:11AM
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that it's outside your comfort zone and difficult for you is what makes getting those achievements an accomplishment. You can do it, OP!

Or just don't. I'll never have some titles, gear, cosmetics, because I'd rather be boiled in oil than run with a trials group. That's my choice and I'm happy to live with it.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Cyrodiil is a PVP zone, and it is not a good place for mindless farming. All the delves, skyshards, lorebooks, dolmens, etc, are perfectly completeable even if you aren't a PVPer - sure, sometimes people will be guarding the Allied towns and you might die, but all you have to do is respawn and go elsewhere, then try the original town again later. PVErs are hardly worth any AP anyway so only the most desperate and/or trolly PVPers are going to try to farm you in a town repeatedly.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me strictly PvE player too, and still i get Explorer pretty easy. A few tips:
    - choose unpopular campaign;
    - go Cyro when your faction rule over the whole land. Even better - not in prime time. Ive cleared all dungeons and dolmens in one day and faced with only 3 enemy players;
    - start clearing from enemy lands;
    - use sneak;
    - horse speed and stamina must be pretty high;
    - do not explore dungeons, just kill bosses as fast as you can. Look wikia for info;
    - forget about quests and some shards. Cyro is not for questing. Reading some dialogs and somebody can kill you lol )

If nothing helps:
    - rebuild your class to heavy tank build;
    - team with somebody;
    - learn PvP
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to enjoy Cyrodiil, take the risk of having to PVP while doing PVE. It's a PVP-Zone, the Roleplayers wouldn't like it if suddenly the war was paused there.
    No, that's the exact opposite of enjoyment. We're trying to do PvE stuff. We are not trying to do PvP stuff, we don't want to do PvP stuff, we just want to be left alone to do the mode we do enjoy.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have done all pvp quest in towns and never ran into a soul everyone that pvp is either at keeps or running to a keep
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the explorer title but would still like a pve cyrodiil/IC. Apart from pvpers getting salty bout achievements , there's no reason why a real pvper would want pveers in the way. As it stands I probably won't go back to PvP land , haven't even bothered with the festival, but the idea of being able to pve in IC in peace would entice me back for sure.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    I have the explorer title but would still like a pve cyrodiil/IC.
    There is almost nothing to do in Cyro for pvers. No chests, no worldbosses, no group dungeons, almost no resources, no interesting places apart from Oblivion nostalgia... And landscape mostly dull and flat.
    Edited by mocap on July 24, 2017 9:09AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @sdtlc but there are sky shards behind main gates... And if your character ain't one of the alliances it can be near impossible to get to them...

There are also skillpoints hiden behind dungeon quests and achievements. I don't want to do dungeons and if I don't find a group who manages to do it it's impossible for me to get them. I want a monster free dungeon.

Also, I did all PvE related stuff in Cyrodill when PvP was still in it's hay-days. Many people where hunting for shards and doing dungeons and it ended up in lots of fun skirmishes. These days you may hardly find any PvP guy in those dungeons or shards. It's really much easier than it was.

Regarding the skyshards locked behind enemy gates? That takes time. Just join 2 campaigns, as home and guest. Just be patience and watch for attacks to get enemy scrolls. It feels more like an achievement once you get them this way. There is no rush to get them, the game will be around for some time.
    Edited by Knootewoot on July 24, 2017 9:14AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Nurtharikja
    Nurtharikja
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is the most peaceful place in the game. You don't deserve to get a pve version for it if I don't deserve to get a pve-free version of all the other zones so I can move in peace.

:'(
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that's the exact opposite of enjoyment. We're trying to do PvE stuff. We are not trying to do PvP stuff, we don't want to do PvP stuff, we just want to be left alone to do the mode we do enjoy.

you sound like those star wars the old republic players who had a choice of joining a pve server or a pvp server. they joined a pvp server and then whined like crazy when they got killed by another player.

deal with being pvp in cyrodil or dont go in there. the choice is easy.

FYI: swtor, i killed someone 17 times in a row for complaining when i killed them. then i got bored.

if you want to go in there, as already mentioned, pick your time and travel route and chances are you wont see anyone for a long time.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deal with PvP or don't go in....That's what I do, I don't go in. Don't really see what you're getting at or how a pve cyrodiil would make more people come into your PvP server. They'd go into the pve one so you'd get your wish of 'don't come in'. If they're on a different server to you you have no right to moan.

I can't see why pvpers are so against it apart from the fact they secretly want easy kills from pve ers.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... I know I'm more than likely going to get lynched for this... But not everybody does pvp all the time and there's a lot that don't do it at all... And for those... It's hard or impossible to get all of the game content done... Sky shards, dolmans, delves and the daily quests...
    I think this would be a nice addition to the game... Either that or let us deactivate pvp while in there and once you've turned it on or off you can't change it again for 12 hours and it can't be turned on or off once you have left one of the home bases... So players can't see other players and just turn it off to stop being attacked or turn it on when people think you're in pve mode and start attacking them...

If you're gonna lynch me... Remember I'm only sharing my opinions

Honestly man even during this pvp event i did ALL cyrodil delves and skyshards (except the ones behind the gates) and only had to deal with one enemy player. Most players are at or porting between keeps or running from the nearest keep to the next one under attack.

If you want the shards/quests etc it can be done easy enough.
  • Vivecc
    Vivecc
    ✭✭✭
    "starting to lynch OP"
    pc/eu
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

+5000

The quest in Imperial City should allow for those who just want to do the quest. Sooo much of PvP is guild oriented and group driven.Solo operators are nothing more than targets. It's really not fair to the player interested only in completing a quest to run into 10+ other players from the other team who of course want to kill him/her when all that player wanted was to complete a quest. And then there's the solos who live for someone to walk by just to kill them. These things are the very reason why so many hate pVp -- their experiences have been along the lines of just wanting to complete a quest only to be met with frustration upon frustration before they finally quit.

The inability to rez only adds insult to injury when you're trying to complete these.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done all pvp quest in towns and never ran into a soul everyone that pvp is either at keeps or running to a keep

That's been my experience outside of Imperial City but inside is a whole other issue. That's where things get crazy, imo.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morrowjen wrote: »

The quest in Imperial City should allow for those who just want to do the quest. Sooo much of PvP is guild oriented and group driven.Solo operators are nothing more than targets. It's really not fair to the player interested only in completing a quest to run into 10+ other players from the other team who of course want to kill him/her when all that player wanted was to complete a quest. And then there's the solos who live for someone to walk by just to kill them. These things are the very reason why so many hate pVp -- their experiences have been along the lines of just wanting to complete a quest only to be met with frustration upon frustration before they finally quit.

The inability to rez only adds insult to injury when you're trying to complete these.

those trials are so unfair to the solo player who just wants the achievement. they should make those trials soloable too. those 4man dungeons? yeh, make those solo too. you know what, just make everything solo. any other pve stuff you want me to add to the list of what needs to be changed?

People want everything just handed to them these days. Part of many achievements in the game involves your ability to form a group and do things with other players. I know, I know, think of the children. wait, no, oh, the humanity. heck, this doesnt even go that far. It helps, but its not even required like many of the pve achievements. I've done many of the pve quests in cyrodil too, so i have a pretty good understanding of how they are all soloable.

If you want an achievement, or you want that skyshard, or that armour, its not just about going to get it. If its a group dungeon, form a group. if its pvp, go pvp. If you gotta run around making chicken noises, you run around making chicken noises. Whatever it is, you need to fulfil the requirements. Not get the requirements changed cuz you cant be bothered. If you cant be bothered meeting the requirements, you dont deserve the achievement/armour/skyshard/etc

the inability to rez wherever you died btw, is present in many games. Like those games, you can rez at your nearest checkpoint - keep, towns, whatever. Thats perfectly fair. After all, you died. Or you could like, get a friend to help you. and they can rez you right there. Simple solution to having to run back to where you died don't you think?
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

you sound like those star wars the old republic players who had a choice of joining a pve server or a pvp server. they joined a pvp server and then whined like crazy when they got killed by another player.

deal with being pvp in cyrodil or dont go in there. the choice is easy.

FYI: swtor, i killed someone 17 times in a row for complaining when i killed them. then i got bored.

if you want to go in there, as already mentioned, pick your time and travel route and chances are you wont see anyone for a long time.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, you are utterly wrong. The developers put PvE elements in Cyrodiil. I PvE. Therefore I have to go into Cyrodiil. I have no interest in anything else, especially PvP.

Like other PvE platers I just want to be left alone. The only possible reason for objecting to this is because you and your ilk are disturbed people who enjoy making other players miserable precisely because we want nothing to do with you.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll support this option if the OP supports open world PvP, if not...then deal with Cyrodiil as it is...a war zone.