Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NA PC CALL 2 ARMS: DC and AD, SHOR NEEDS YOU!

• Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    AD pvdoored the map a couple of hours ago so QAM will have to earn those leaps back and squishy glass cannon bowtards gankblades are safe from 30k crits... for now.

If @Jamini is who I think s/he is, sorry you didn't hold that top spot to get emp.

I realize Requiem has been getting knocked around the past couple of days, but it is very refreshing not to be fighting a destro/negate meta.

If it flipped overnight, I'll earn it back. I've got a good free weekend coming up. Not like I can stop someone from nightcapping or farming when I'm sleeping and working anyway.

Hev, the blurring on those names sucks. Personally I don't care if you post mine (Nasir up there) but the mods may make a fuss about it.

I really need more impen on my rav gear. Because "Ouch, those crits"

---

Much respect to both DC and EP here for not messing with home keeps with the low pops. After a good night's sleep (and harassing the fight between Glade/Bleaks with some invis pots to cool down.) I'm feeling less... bitter/grumpy than I was. I still do really hope that AD gets a few more to even out fights though. Fighting at 1:3 odds is disheartening.
    Edited by Jamini on October 13, 2017 7:36PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    squishy glass cannon bowtards gankblades are safe from 30k crits... for now.

That 28k crit is on a Heavy Armor DK with more health than he probably should have for PvP. (PvE Tank convrrrrrt). I take offense to being called a bowtard. The only bow skill that Nasir knows is Magnum shot (for farming CoH)

The other one was a nightblade I was running with on and off all night. Didn't see him use a bow either.

Frankly the reason it hit for so much is because I'm wearing purple sturdy ravager instead of Impen. Not that it would have helped much in that case, to be frank. Hav is annoyingly beastly with Emp he is a zerg-murderer.
    Edited by Jamini on October 13, 2017 7:48PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    squishy glass cannon bowtards gankblades are safe from 30k crits... for now.

That 28k crit is on a Heavy Armor DK with more health than he probably should have for PvP. (PvE Tank convrrrrrt). I take offense to being called a bowtard. The only bow skill that Nasir knows is Magnum shot (for farming CoH)

I wasn't referring to you; the guy who got hit for 30k and I go way back. I doubt he'd resent being called a bowtard; hitting hard with a bow is his favorite thing. >:) Akatosh knows I've been on the receiving end of it enough.
    Jamini wrote: »
    Much respect to both DC and EP here for not messing with home keeps with the low pops. After a good night's sleep (and harassing the fight between Glade/Bleaks with some invis pots to cool down.) I'm feeling less... bitter/grumpy than I was. I still do really hope that AD gets a few more to even out fights though. Fighting at 1:3 odds is disheartening.

I hope when the tide inevitably turns and AD is on top, AD will respect the same sportmanslike restraint. There's been action at Arrius sometimes but DC has shown restraint recently and EP has been usually backing off when I ask them not to take resources or go to tri-keeps. If we can keep it going as an unofficial server rule, it really does make the campaign less disheartening when you are on the down side if there's at least *some* of your faction color on the map.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kodi made a post on shor hopefully more people will show up.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEAH! because Kodi said so!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some of the best medium scale fighting i've experienced in ESO tonight guys. Thank you so much!! very comeptitive fights. very tough opponents. the Aleswell Keep/Aleswell Lumbill tug-of-war was divine.

very nice to meet you @Cold91 again apologies for the periodic zerging, there wasnt really a way to tell how many there were of you at any particular moment.

I logged at about 10:26EST but i will say i saw a giant DC group of <Chaos Riders> storming the map :( good luck out there!
    Edited by Rickter on October 17, 2017 2:52AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Cold91
    Cold91
    ✭✭✭
    LOL all part of the fun and games @Rickter. Was some very fun fighting tonight, I hope too see Shor be this active if not more so every night.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, I heard you brought a zerg to fight the emp... who wasn't going to be on. :)

Glad it worked out well!
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 7 Requiem members in my group. I also had 4 CTG boys and 1 PUG. These numbers fluctuated constantly. Folks going offline. Folks grabbing quick dinner. Folks using bathroom. Folks back grabbing reaources while we pushed an objective.

There was a 4 man following us around too. Dunno who they were. Considering we were fighting 9 + EP at locations in which they held the Defensive high ground complete with infinite rezzing, i think we matched the fire power.

I will admit there were more than a few times we zerged down cold and his small man group and i did not intend that, apologized and tried to be mindful. But again it was hard to tell because the EP continued to group together then split off.

We had multiple EPIC battles. The Aleswell offensive early in the night, the Ash offensive, the bleakers offensive and finally the last ales offensive were grueling back and forth battles in which EP played smart and repelled us and we had to get very aggressive and focused to win. In fact the Ash offense i only had 9 in group. Everything i listed had at least 9 EP defending each position. It wasnt easy. My voice was gone at the end of the night.

So aside from the times Cold got notably zerged, i dont think its fair to call any other time zerging.

An easy fix would be to stop running joint groups with CTG. But i like those guys and im helping them build the skills.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter it’s not your fault you outnumbered us, and I don’t think anyone pointed any fingers of blame. BCC doesn’t have a set schedule of when we run as a group, it just happens as it happens. And with so few organised guilds on the server it’s not like we can expect everyone to all be running at the same time. Or to a schedule. That’s what GvG play dates are for.

Side note: I’ve seen discord screenies of people assuming I was talking about them in regards to my oceanic Timezone observations. That was cute. And flattering. But you were wrong in your assumptions that I was throwing shade at said particular group. And have literally had no issues with said group at all. Was amusing to see the amount of hate thrown my way too.
    Funny you would jump to that conclusion though. Guilty conscience maybe?
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    Montayva wrote: »
    @Rickter it’s not your fault you outnumbered us, and I don’t think anyone pointed any fingers of blame. BCC doesn’t have a set schedule of when we run as a group, it just happens as it happens. And with so few organised guilds on the server it’s not like we can expect everyone to all be running at the same time. Or to a schedule. That’s what GvG play dates are for.

Side note: I’ve seen discord screenies of people assuming I was talking about them in regards to my oceanic Timezone observations. That was cute. And flattering. But you were wrong in your assumptions that I was throwing shade at said particular group. And have literally had no issues with said group at all. Was amusing to see the amount of hate thrown my way too.
    Funny you would jump to that conclusion though. Guilty conscience maybe?

Montayva,

What are you referring too? I have looked back a couple pages in this thread trying to understand your side note and I am left scratching my head. Was what you are referring to in a different thread?
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loose Lips Sink Ships!

confirmed: not Requiem discord

seriously though, the screenshot leak is unfortunate. Thats a lot of drama. We ALL say things out of frustration or anger but things said in private should stay that way. Ive done my fair share of Forum commando but for the sake of keeping this campaign respectful, Ive steered away from that behavior despite the impression continuing to shadow me in some instances.

There are those that I can't help myself with though. . ugh. .
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    Montayva wrote: »
    Just want to add it's been interesting to observe what goes on in Shor during oceanic time also this past two campaigns. The number of people who have come in for a pvdoor attempt at an easy emp achieve has been... well... not surprising actually

@Apoxsee this is my original comment that was taken by a group of DC who assumed it was some sort of dig at them. To be clear, this was actually in regards to a specific AD (obviously I can’t name names on forums) who -begged- me to stop defending just because they wanted the achievement and costume.
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a Req issue that needed to be addressed. Been enjoying the competition and don't want shenanigans screwing that up.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh.

^^ thats all i got tonight.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys gave us some good lumps outside Dragonclaw.
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, good fights but damn, was it DK Tuesday? I have never seen so many talons and leaps, O my! Lol
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love lumps
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just needed to get my DK on. >:)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who says mag dk’s are bad?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    Shor has been increasingly frustrating for us, as the last few weeks we've had a long series of cancerous emperors.. PvP is most entertaining when emperor buffs aren't a factor, but it seems like it is almost impossible to get the campaign in a state where there isn't an emperor, let alone keep it there.

When the population was a bit healthier we could team up with another faction and force a de-emp an emperor who was intent on killing the campaign, but lately it seems like whenever our group runs only the emperor faction is on the map, with both our own and the other opposing faction missing entirely.

For months now we've been logging on almost every night with no yellow keeps in cyrodiil at all, being forced into a game of boring pvdoor against an emperor with a stacked deck.

Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do. Every other class I have now or have had previously can perform better in almost all pvp group sizes with the exception of planned duels. (The jury is still out on magwarden for me.) mDK is much less bad than it was in 1.7, but it is still very difficult to walk the line between survival and sustain while being able to kill.

But I still love my DKs... redheaded stepchildren that they are.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takuto wrote: »
    Shor has been increasingly frustrating for us, as the last few weeks we've had a long series of cancerous emperors.. PvP is most entertaining when emperor buffs aren't a factor, but it seems like it is almost impossible to get the campaign in a state where there isn't an emperor, let alone keep it there.

When the population was a bit healthier we could team up with another faction and force a de-emp an emperor who was intent on killing the campaign, but lately it seems like whenever our group runs only the emperor faction is on the map, with both our own and the other opposing faction missing entirely.

For months now we've been logging on almost every night with no yellow keeps in cyrodiil at all, being forced into a game of boring pvdoor against an emperor with a stacked deck.

ooohhh snap!! there he is!! @Takuto ! Good to see you buddy!

as to your post. . I think a lot of my guildies share similar if not the same sentiment. "Cancerous" isnt a term i would use personally, as Brookus' group does leave tri keeps alone and they dont teabag (usually) and I beleive their goal was to stop the emp flipping. All things considered, its a noble thing.

however, fighting them with emperor buffs has been down right depressing. Case in point:

Monday night, Qaevir held emperor but he wasnt able to log in. So we essentially had no emp on the map and there was another EP group in addition to the BCC regulars and we had some amazing back and forth fighting in which i detailed a few posts back. I made 191k AP monday night. Then last night, idk what happened during oceanic timezone but apparently, Qaevir was dethroned, DC was crowned emp, then AD dethroned, then EP dethroned and subsequently crowned an EP emp - all within 24 hours and now Son of Grimfire is the emperor and lo and behold hes running about the same build as Qaevir and we're playfully calling him "Mini Qaevir" or "Qaevir Clone"

EDIT: and no one can say we "zerged" the map down. I played til 10:26PM EST and DC only owned tri-keeps, Ales, Bleakers, Ash, and Dragonclaw. We never over took the map and it was very even fighting the whole night. When i logged however a large group of <Chaos Riders> were storming the map but a majority of my group didnt stick around to see what they did with those numbers.

AD, bless your heart, tried to cap alessia twice, we tried to take advantage of that and hit Ales but this emp group was efficient and deadly enough to wipe the AD then port back up to Ales and stop us there too.

There was no one else to fight. No matter what we did. I crawled out of the night with only 50k AP.

So we're going from 200k AP to being suffocated to 50k AP. How's that figure for "fun"?

It's not and a lot of people dont want to put up with it despite me trying to talk them away from the edge. PvP isnt fun when youre being one shot. when you coordinate your ults, focus targets, then an emp powered dragon leap takes out about 2-3 of you in one hit - and thats every single encounter, it wears on you.

Now I would say, "oh i need to build differently" if it werent for the fact that in the entire 10 months (almost) of the year of 2017 of 5 nights of pvp a week, this has never been an issue. I pvp'd in noCP and never came up against that build or anyone that could one shot me. Ive dealt with a multitude of emperors and have never been one shot. but all of a sudden, everyone with the <DK is Back> tag is death from above???

Idk, it doesnt feel right. Im not joking, ive been in over 300 duels, played over 300 BG matches, Fought on Azura's Star, Sotha Sil, Almalexia, and Shor with the same build and have never been one shot in my life.
    Edited by Rickter on October 18, 2017 6:04PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

as to your post. . I think a lot of my guildies share similar if not the same sentiment. "Cancerous" isnt a term i would use personally, as Brookus' group does leave tri keeps alone and they dont teabag (usually) and I beleive their goal was to stop the emp flipping. All things considered, its a noble thing.

however, fighting them with emperor buffs has been down right depressing. Case in point:

Monday night, Qaevir held emperor but he wasnt able to log in. So we essentially had no emp on the map and there was another EP group in addition to the BCC regulars and we had some amazing back and forth fighting in which i detailed a few posts back. I made 191k AP monday night. Then last night, idk what happened during oceanic timezone but apparently, Qaevir was dethroned, DC was crowned emp, then AD dethroned, then EP dethroned and subsequently crowned an EP emp - all within 24 hours and now Son of Grimfire is the emperor and lo and behold hes running about the same build as Qaevir and we're playfully calling him "Mini Qaevir" or "Qaevir Clone"

EDIT: and no one can say we "zerged" the map down. I played til 10:26PM EST and DC only owned tri-keeps, Ales, Bleakers, Ash, and Dragonclaw. We never over took the map and it was very even fighting the whole night. When i logged however a large group of <Chaos Riders> were storming the map but a majority of my group didnt stick around to see what they did with those numbers.

AD, bless your heart, tried to cap alessia twice, we tried to take advantage of that and hit Ales but this emp group was efficient and deadly enough to wipe the AD then port back up to Ales and stop us there too.

There was no one else to fight. No matter what we did. I crawled out of the night with only 50k AP.

So we're going from 200k AP to being suffocated to 50k AP. How's that figure for "fun"?

It's not and a lot of people dont want to put up with it despite me trying to talk them away from the edge. PvP isnt fun when youre being one shot. when you coordinate your ults, focus targets, then an emp powered dragon leap takes out about 2-3 of you in one hit - and thats every single encounter, it wears on you.

Now I would say, "oh i need to build differently" if it werent for the fact that in the entire 10 months (almost) of the year of 2017 of 5 nights of pvp a week, this has never been an issue. I pvp'd in noCP and never came up against that build or anyone that could one shot me. Ive dealt with a multitude of emperors and have never been one shot. but all of a sudden, everyone with the <DK is Back> tag is death from above???

Idk, it doesnt feel right. Im not joking, ive been in over 300 duels, played over 300 BG matches, Fought on Azura's Star, Sotha Sil, Almalexia, and Shor with the same build and have never been one shot in my life.

At least for me, what wears on me isn't getting one-shot (my build must be better than yours, Rickter; Son of Grimfire was only hitting me for 8k leaps :p ). It's that no matter how much fun it is to fight a single group, it's not fun to fight them a dozen times in a row. I've enjoyed fighting Qaevir's group, because they're a heII of a challenge and fighting them has helped me get better at the game. But part of the fun of PVP is its unpredictably, and right now Shor is extremely predictable: no matter where you go, there's only the one group on to fight.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »

At least for me, what wears on me isn't getting one-shot (my build must be better than yours, Rickter; Son of Grimfire was only hitting me for 8k leaps :p ). It's that no matter how much fun it is to fight a single group, it's not fun to fight them a dozen times in a row. I've enjoyed fighting Qaevir's group, because they're a heII of a challenge and fighting them has helped me get better at the game. But part of the fun of PVP is its unpredictably, and right now Shor is extremely predictable: no matter where you go, there's only the one group on to fight.

Grimfire was only doing 8k leaps on me too, i was referring to Qaevir when i was talking about the one shots.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    My two cents.... We need an equal presence from AD. The DC and EP groups (pugs included) are about the same in numbers but to get pressure on an Emp you need the other faction involved. Dead Weight is a good group but they need more help and with consistency. With that I think shor would be in a good spot.

This is all through the lens of a NA PC eastern time zone prime time lens.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @casparian I 100% agree. And that has always been the issue save for the occasional night multiple groups are present.

Shor needs an investment from more then just 1 guild per faction. Even on Friday last week, Shor was... Dead... up until 10pm est and at that it was underwhelming. Everyone just insists on ramming themselves into a lagtastic cesspool. And that is two fold. Everyone wants to play vivec, and that in turn makes vivec unbearable.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, stopping, at least diminishing, the emp swapping was a primary goal. No one even tried to pvdoor in the wee hours today; we may have real progress!

Before we focused on this campaign, DC was routinely emp swapping and gate camping (present company excepted), and EP and AD's scrolls were never home unless someone pvdoored. The EP pugs were demoralized and refusing to fight in primetime. I know from personal experience that the AD pugs were not demoralized... they were totally absent, tired of getting ganked while stepping off their spawn points. That went on a lot longer than the 2 weeks now EP has mostly had emp.

We are only running 2-5 lately, often splitting even that group up, and ordering/begging/distracting pugs from trikeeps as best we can. Some of us have even logged onto other factions to defend their trikeeps, but trikeeps have been mostly left alone by all factions recently. Also progress. Both DC and AD often have at least one scroll -- and everyone would have both home scrolls if it were up to me.

I'm not sure how that's "cancerous." Should we just be logging off and letting someone emp swap? One of the most hated things about Haderus at the end was the emp flipping.

I completely agree with @casparian (who is a slippery devil) that fighting the same people gets stale. That's partly what this thread is all about! Stop complaining you can't weapon swap from prime time lag in Vivec and try out Shor.
    Edited by NBrookus on October 18, 2017 7:39PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agreed with all of your post except for this right here:
    Before we focused on this campaign, DC was routinely emp swapping and gate camping (present company excepted), and EP and AD's scrolls were never home unless someone pvdoored. The EP pugs were demoralized and refusing to fight in primetime. I know from personal experience that the AD pugs were not demoralized... they were totally absent, tired of getting ganked while stepping off their spawn points. That went on a lot longer than the 2 weeks now EP has mostly had emp.

I'm not really sure why you perceived Shor in this way but i wholeheartedly disagree. As the premier DC guild on Shor since day one, to imply that "DC was routinely emp swapping and gate camping" is down right slander.

First off: I'm not sure scroll captures were EVER forbidden under the original nigh verbal yet non existent Charter. I stated many times scrolls were fair game. The issue in the original Charter was the tri keep CAMPING CN was notorious for on Sotha Sil. I can guarantee you no one in Requiem ever conducted in that way. Yes keeps get capped to retrieve scrolls, but they were in no way defended against the faction trying to reclaim them. Scrolls give points to the campaign. For factions to maintain their scrolls is counter intuitive if youre trying to win the campaign score. I made no deals or arrangements to make scrolls off limits.

Second off: Who was "getting ganked while stepping off their spawn points" - this aint Sotha Sil. Never once had I ever witnessed this being done by DC to AD or EP. You need to provide some specifics naming and shaming be damned if youre going to accuse an entire faction, one that my guild prominently represents, of something like this.

Third: Emp swapping? that's on DC now too? I can provide a documented list of Requiem Emperors, all obtained during primetime through majority guild effort and never once did we make deals with opposing factions or pull some drop server for the next guy crap. Like Cuddles. Where is he? came on one night to get emp then dropped the server to pave the way for your boy Grimfire? One of my guildies asked him why he dropped the server and he appeared offline. smells of sketch but i never once accused your faction of anything prior to this moment.

Brookus. I dont get you. i really dont. I know i came off abrasive towards you initially. Because i didnt share your opinion that Shor was needed over Almalexia, but it seems like you try and find every little thing wrong that you can with what Requiem does because of some underlying animosity.

If you didnt mean to come off in this way, you need to place a disclaimer that Requiem doesnt stand accused. But as of right now, when you say "DC" that is Requiem on Shor. Its a slap in the face for everything ive tried to do on that server.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE: