The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 15 - Feedback Thread for Armor & Weapon Traits

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I vote roll prosperous and trainning into one and get a new trait to replace the new slot like an armor trait for crit rates
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote roll prosperous and trainning into one and get a new trait to replace the new slot like an armor trait for crit rates
    That is a really good idea
    Edited by LordSlif on July 14, 2017 7:38PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos it is a fact that from the 5 classes that we have in order to be competitive we need to go meta for PvP and PvE.
    And in order to complete our meta builds we number crunch and choose the BiS Traits.
    There is no personal flavour on our builds, or play as you like.

What if Trairs improved the tooltip of Skills?
    Eg: Sharpend improved some skills like: Brawler, Twin Slashes, Low Slash
    Precise improved: Poison Injection, Flying Dagger, Execution.
    Nirnhorned: Flurry, Critical Rush, Volley.

Break the metas. Make it difficult for features of the game to be best in slot-blanket cover.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos it is a fact that from the 5 classes that we have in order to be competitive we need to go meta for PvP and PvE.
    And in order to complete our meta builds we number crunch and choose the BiS Traits.
    There is no personal flavour on our builds, or play as you like.

What if Trairs improved the tooltip of Skills?
    Eg: Sharpend improved some skills like: Brawler, Twin Slashes, Low Slash
    Precise improved: Poison Injection, Flying Dagger, Execution.
    Nirnhorned: Flurry, Critical Rush, Volley.

Break the metas. Make it difficult for features of the game to be best in slot-blanket cover.

could be instead of specific skills it could be types of attacks and damage like:
    1. dot (precise)
    2. direct (sharp)
    3. aoe (infused)
    4. ultimate (nirnhoned)

so the choice of traits would influence the choice of abilities slotted and so forth but not mandate them.
    powered is already this way for healing.

Since most every effective build draws on three or more of these abilities, no single weapon would buff everything.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZoS,

Trait balance does not mean all the traits do the same damage.

Trait balance means all the traits offer distinct advantages / disadvantages.

You are close, but nerfing Sharpened by 50% has made its damage on par with other traits, while still keeping its disadvantages, such as 1) no burst, 2) no increased damage against shielded targets, 3) no increased damage against targets with low resistances (if they are significantly debuffed or you're using skill like Corrosive Armor or Onslaught), 4) no increased healing, 5) no ability to boost poisons or enchantments

50% is way too large of a nerf to Sharpened. I recommend something around 20%, which is reasonable considering the other traits are being buffed.

I also think you should buff Decisive more.

Please learn from your past mistakes of taking nerfs and buffs too far, and make small changes. Not 50% changes.
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    One quetion. Do dropped weapons like the Spinnersword have a nirndrop? If not thats something I would add because it makes dropped sets more viable.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ryanoxx wrote: »
    One quetion. Do dropped weapons like the Spinnersword have a nirndrop? If not thats something I would add because it makes dropped sets more viable.

i have never gotten a drop nirn weapon outside of the special to-be-decon in craglorn. might have changed after the new craglorn reboot but not to my knowledge.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

i have never gotten a drop nirn weapon outside of the special to-be-decon in craglorn. might have changed after the new craglorn reboot but not to my knowledge.

I looked it up. There are no nirndrops exept for mealstromarena as much as I know! So I would like to see nirndrops for all dropsets! :) Since the nirnprice went down a lot on the marked it wouldnt change much. And it would bring nirn closer to the other traits. Currently nirn seems to be the only trait that doesnt drop. Why ?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I looked it up. There are no nirndrops exept for mealstromarena as much as I know! So I would like to see nirndrops for all dropsets! :) Since the nirnprice went down a lot on the marked it wouldnt change much. And it would bring nirn closer to the other traits. Currently nirn seems to be the only trait that doesnt drop. Why ?

Nirn is supposed to be the rare trait that only few chosen sets and weapons get, while crafters slowly research it to bring this possibility to all crafted sets making them viable choice over dropped sets in some scenarios.

Unfortunately somewhere on the way they decided to make nirn trait useless for very very long time. IMO it should stay the way it is now. The rarity will make at least in PVP some craft sets and mael/master (if it drops in master) more appealing.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigES wrote: »
    Dear ZoS,

Trait balance does not mean all the traits do the same damage.

Trait balance means all the traits offer distinct advantages / disadvantages.

You are close, but nerfing Sharpened by 50% has made its damage on par with other traits, while still keeping its disadvantages, such as 1) no burst, 2) no increased damage against shielded targets, 3) no increased damage against targets with low resistances (if they are significantly debuffed or you're using skill like Corrosive Armor or Onslaught), 4) no increased healing, 5) no ability to boost poisons or enchantments

50% is way too large of a nerf to Sharpened. I recommend something around 20%, which is reasonable considering the other traits are being buffed.

I also think you should buff Decisive more.

Please learn from your past mistakes of taking nerfs and buffs too far, and make small changes. Not 50% changes.

Not agreed with re-buff sharpen as this be again dps king, will have no use of precise, nirn or infused again

Sharpen is still ahead by some percentage and giving buff will simplg widen difference again.
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Nirn is supposed to be the rare trait that only few chosen sets and weapons get, while crafters slowly research it to bring this possibility to all crafted sets making them viable choice over dropped sets in some scenarios.

Unfortunately somewhere on the way they decided to make nirn trait useless for very very long time. IMO it should stay the way it is now. The rarity will make at least in PVP some craft sets and mael/master (if it drops in master) more appealing.

I dont think it should be special trait because we get less combinations for builds and I think sets are there to be used. Currently everyone is running the same 3 builds and there are just a small amount of unique builds. Im bored of playing the same over and over. I want to try something diffrent and if some sets doesnt have all traits you just have a smaller amount of possibilities to create a build. It takes enough time to farm the right trait for your weapons and I dont think someone would farm hours and hours for a nirn weapon just to analyse it since we no rng loves training and prosperous so much. Its already a pain to get a sharpened weapon so why dont give us the chance to sit down and do boring farming for something we really wanna try out ? I think we should have all these possibilities. And since nirn isnt stronger than other traits it wont break the game so why making it something special that you have to farm like years for if you cant even use it then ? ´Cause btw who uses crafted weapons? I dont like to be forced to use something I just want to try diffrent setcombos and that would just work with sharpened? I think thats just another way to stop us being creative with our builds.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

I dont think it should be special trait because we get less combinations for builds and I think sets are there to be used. Currently everyone is running the same 3 builds and there are just a small amount of unique builds. Im bored of playing the same over and over. I want to try something diffrent and if some sets doesnt have all traits you just have a smaller amount of possibilities to create a build. It takes enough time to farm the right trait for your weapons and I dont think someone would farm hours and hours for a nirn weapon just to analyse it since we no rng loves training and prosperous so much. Its already a pain to get a sharpened weapon so why dont give us the chance to sit down and do boring farming for something we really wanna try out ? I think we should have all these possibilities. And since nirn isnt stronger than other traits it wont break the game so why making it something special that you have to farm like years for if you cant even use it then ? ´Cause btw who uses crafted weapons? I dont like to be forced to use something I just want to try diffrent setcombos and that would just work with sharpened? I think thats just another way to stop us being creative with our builds.

Reread again what you typed. You literally complained about 2 opposites in one big wall of text. So you hate everyone is running same 3 builds, but when there is mechanic that makes those not used sets more appealing you want to make it so it stops being unique and is avaiable to everyone even those running the same 3 builds. And then you even get that far and use argument 'nobody uses crafted weapons' ?

If nirn is not the best trait it does not matter. If you want it you create different build than people that dont want it. What it sound you want is trait diversity in a way that everybody is running 3 build, but someone with precise, someone with sharpened and someone with nirn.
  • Borvath
    Borvath
    ✭✭
    I have some ideas,
    Training on weapons can reduce the cost of your weapon skills by X% in addition to experience increase and training on armours can reduce the cost of the armour skills by X% in addition to experience gain, becouse you train with weapon and armour.
    Prosperous can increase the resource pools stamina/magicka/health by X% (or just the stamina/health/magicka gain from that item) in addition to gold gain increase, becouse having a lot of resources is being a prosperous.
    These will make them like impenetrable, because impenetrable has a combat benefit (critical resistance) and a non-combat benefit (reduced durability loss).
    Sorry for my English.
    Edited by Borvath on July 17, 2017 3:49PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one confused by all the nerfing, I don't play it's as I'm a console player, but instead of nerfing thing for balance why don't the limit traits

Most people run 7 piece devines ... Why not max it at 3 so if you add a fourth devines you get zero benefit so other traits become options

Also with so many set pieces adding stamina and magika regen why not make traits more in line with old prosperous with increased gold gained, add trials like silent increases pick pocket chance

Deep pockets add more carry space

I just don't get the whole NERF stuff to balance ... You want balance create less things the alter your combat stats it is that simple
    Edited by SugaComa on July 17, 2017 4:05PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Am I the only one confused by all the nerfing, I don't play it's as I'm a console player, but instead of nerfing thing for balance why don't the limit traits

Most people run 7 piece devines ... Why not max it at 3 so if you add a fourth devines you get zero benefit so other traits become options

Also with so many set pieces adding stamina and magika regen why not make traits more in line with old prosperous with increased gold gained, add trials like silent increases pick pocket chance

Deep pockets add more carry space

I just don't get the whole NERF stuff to balance ... You want balance create less things the alter your combat stats it is that simple

Only sharpen, defending and thief mundus stone ehat else is nerf?

Why are you soo confused? changea done to mundus and trait are best soo far work done by ZOS.

This is brining more traits on table for DPS!

Not sure if you read latest patch notes or older!

Armor sets bonus stats are buff!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 17, 2017 4:09PM
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    Nirn is very good now

Infused is better than Nirn any day.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    Nirn is very good now

Nirn, sharp, infused.
    I don't see a real need for all 3 of them to be in the game.
    Here's an idea. Wanna make Infused unique? Buff Infused even more. Remove: flame shock ice poison disease oblivion weapon glyphs.

Here's another idea.
    Infused: enemies hit by a CC from an Infused weapon will have CC immunity reduced by 1.5s

Ahhh there we got. Should I go Sharpened for penetration?
    Should I go Precise because of my crit based build?
    Should I go Infused and CC better?
    Meaningful Traits.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 18, 2017 6:01AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    Nirn is very good now

It is only better if you have more then 45% up time on the enchant. If you are not good at weaving or something, then not would be better. Though precise or sharp would be better then both.

Best thing you can say is nirn is very okay. All traits are pretty close, like 6% difference between the best and worst.
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    Let's look at prosperous in comparison to two other traits (7 Legendary Pieces of Armor)...

Divines - 124 Additional Points of Stat Recovery (*with corresponding Mundus)
    Divines - 1065 Additional Points of Stamina/Magicka (*with corresponding Mundus)
    Infused - 800 or 900 Additonal Points of Stam/Mag or Health. (Was infused armor buffed too? 866 or 975 if it was buffed).

Prosper - 77 Additonal Points of Tri-Stat Recovery.

... that's just too low. It needs to be buffed up to about 15 points of recovery per legendary piece to be considered. You could also drop the recovery on the weakest stat meaning that it grants bonus stat recovery to a character's two highest attributes. That would grant a total of 105 Health Recovery and 105 Stam or Mag Recovery for everyone. Would it be the new meta? Probably not, but it would at least be worthwhile at that point.

Alternatively, it could grant percentage based recovery for Tri stats...

White - 0.25%
    Green - 0.5%
    Blue - 1.0%
    Purple - 1.5%
    Gold - 2.0%

Thus, seven gold prosperous pieces would grant 14% additional resource regeneration. Which could be a lot for a build designed around resource regen, but not much for a build focused on other things. Basically implementing this change for the trait would make it appealing for people wanting to do one thing while the other traits are appealing for people doing other things. And that's the entire point of having different traits, right?
    Edited by JustSnilloc on July 18, 2017 2:11PM
    [J.S.] The Lost King --->
    http://justsnilloc.proboards.com/
    http://justsnilloc.deviantart.com/
    ~ 0==={{:::::::::::::::x:::::::::::::::}}===0 ~
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    An overview of the armor traits,

- Divines, notable for being the only armor trait that can contribute to DPS.
    - Impenetrable, used for defense in PvP.
    - Infused, used for buffing attributes.
    - Nirnhorned, used for buffing physical and spell resistance.
    - Reinforced, used for buffing armor.
    - Sturdy, helps to block better.
    - Training, used to gain xp faster.
    - Well-fitted, helps to avoid damage.
    - Prosperous, (new version) used for resource management.

Thinking about it, in my earlier comparison to Divines I wasn't considering the purpose. Prosperous shouldn't be equal to Divines, it should be greater than Divines. Something specializing in one thing should NOT be surpassed by the Jack of all Trades. Also, Infused armor needs a buff too as it is currently inferior to Divines. My reasoning is the same as to why Prosperous should be buffed.

As for a new name? I feel as though "prosperous" is a good name already (your attributes are now prospering instead of your finances), but if we decide to go with another name I believe that "Vigorous" would be appropriate, maybe even "Tenacious".
    Edited by JustSnilloc on July 18, 2017 5:01PM
  • tossop
    tossop
    ✭✭
    after reading patch notes i was really suprised with incoming nerf to sharpened trait. Doing some fast calculation of new traits and for pvp perspective infused with oblivion enchant gives about 700 dps, precise, sharpened, nirn are at same level about 200 to 300 dps. There is problem with oblivion enchant witch must be reduced by half to not being overpowered. Sharpened trait not boosting defense like healing thus is now worse trait then others. Boosting sharp. trait at least to 3300 pen level will help with its competetive and also helps with much lower angry playerbase. So many players spend a lot of golds and timelike for sharp weapons, now it will be worse then precise or nirn. Also why nerf to health recovery while not nerfing shields strenght. Lets shields be afected by defile. Shield are still best defense because they can be amplified by offensive stats, are noncritable which is about another 20 to 30% damage reduction. Just bring some nice stam shield for those who not having option using shields or nerf shields by 20%. Only usable shield is crystalized shield for stam warden, but what about stam dk, stam nb, stam templar. They must invest to health and armor which decreases offensive power. Oblivion enchant in current form isnt the best way how to nerf shield stacking.
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    tsopoci wrote: »
    after reading patch notes i was really suprised with incoming nerf to sharpened trait. Doing some fast calculation of new traits and for pvp perspective infused with oblivion enchant gives about 700 dps, precise, sharpened, nirn are at same level about 200 to 300 dps. There is problem with oblivion enchant witch must be reduced by half to not being overpowered. Sharpened trait not boosting defense like healing thus is now worse trait then others. Boosting sharp. trait at least to 3300 pen level will help with its competetive and also helps with much lower angry playerbase. So many players spend a lot of golds and timelike for sharp weapons, now it will be worse then precise or nirn. Also why nerf to health recovery while not nerfing shields strenght. Lets shields be afected by defile. Shield are still best defense because they can be amplified by offensive stats, are noncritable which is about another 20 to 30% damage reduction. Just bring some nice stam shield for those who not having option using shields or nerf shields by 20%. Only usable shield is crystalized shield for stam warden, but what about stam dk, stam nb, stam templar. They must invest to health and armor which decreases offensive power. Oblivion enchant in current form isnt the best way how to nerf shield stacking.

I'd have to look to find it, but someone (I believe it was on the first PTS topic) did a chart, testing all the combinations out. Sharpened is still competitive. It's simply not OP anymore.
  • tossop
    tossop
    ✭✭
    For pvp sharpened is 2 time worse then infused with oblivion enchant. So sharpened isnt competetive. For pve precise is 1,5x better, so also in pve isnt competetive.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For pvp sharpened is 2 time worse then infused with oblivion enchant. So sharpened isnt competetive. For pve precise is 1,5x better, so also in pve isnt competetive.

This is simply not true, based on everything that is been posted, you got some evidence to support these claims?
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, great work on update 15.

1)Now that all weapons traits are more or less balanced and should be picked based on build/situation etc... Is there a spesific reason why Nirnhoned weapon trait is available only on crafted sets/ VMA weapons/master weapons?
    It feels like more of legacy thing rather than an actual balance intention ...

2)Maybe It's just me, but it feels like that status effects porc chance from weapon enchant is extremely high, while very low on direct elemental skill attacks like- Crushing Shock/Destructive Reach. I know weapon chant used to have 20% to proc status effects while direct elemental skill attacks used to have only 10%, but now I rarely see any status effect procs from e direct elemental skill attacks, while weapon enchhant proc all the time. Pre update 15, Destructive Reach, used to be an effective way to proc status effect(direct dmg+Dot ticks), now it almost never proc.

Thank you.
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Some see Nirnhorned as a trait that helps make crafting relevant.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
    • New Prosperous is just fine. It just needs a name change. Restorative. Resourceful. Anything that better fits what it does now.
    • Amend the Training trait to also increase gold gain. This is similar to what you did when you merged the old Impen and Sturdy traits. This will give the people who use the current gold-gain Prosperous an option. And seeing as how lowbies are the ones most strapped for gold, this will be a nice way to help them a little too.
    • Nirnhoned on armor still feels very underwhelming. It's just a static-value Reinforced. And seeing as how Reinforced is widely regarded as the weakest and least desirable combat trait, this is very disappointing for a trait that is so rare and difficult to acquire. In keeping with the theme of the Nirnhoned trait for weapons, I would suggest that the Nirnhoned armor trait add X amount of weapon and spell damage.
    Edited by code65536 on July 19, 2017 2:19PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Some see Nirnhorned as a trait that helps make crafting relevant.

Crafting is very relevant regardless - Torug's Pact, Seducer, Tava's Favor, Night Mother's Gaze, Shacklebreaker,Hunding's Rage, Law of Julianos, Clever Alchemist, Twice-Born Star, Armor Master, Eternal Hunt, Pelinal's Aptitude.

All of the above are very in demand sets. If anything it was Nirnhorned that was in 0 demand in the sharpened area, so i don't know how this argument could be valid.
  • tossop
    tossop
    ✭✭

This is simply not true, based on everything that is been posted, you got some evidence to support these claims?

Of course i have. Lets do some maths: Sharpened is 2700 penetration, 660 penetration is 1% damage increase which is also boosted by critical chance. Lets consider we have 40% crit. chance and 70% crit. damage bonus which is lowered by crit resist to ~40% critical damage bonus. 2700 penetration is 2700/660 ~ 4% damage increse. Now we adding crit. chance: 4%+(4*0.4*0.4)=4,6% damage increase. Lets take oblivion enchant. Its 2100 unersistable damage every 5s, which is 2100/5= 420 dps alone. Infused shorten cd by half and boosting damage by 30% so its 2100*1.3/2.5=1090 dps. Infused alone bring 670 dps. In pvp i am doing about ~5k dps when fully boosted and my dots are running. But this is often lower because of healing, ccing, dots not running etc. So sharpened is 4,6% damage increase which is about 230 dps (5000*0.046) while infused is near 3 times stronger with 670 dps and often is much stronger then 3 times. Sharpened is good only in burst scenario when dps is near 15k, but no one will have those dps in pvp.

So 670 dps from infused oblivion enchant or 230 dps from sharpened? Even i counted only 1 enchant, u can have 2-3 infused enchants which boosting infused even in better spot.

Lets take precise trait on nb or templar. Lets consider we have 80% crit. damage bonus which is reduced by crit. resistance to 50%. Precise trait give us 9% bonus to crit. chance which is 9*0.5=4,5% damage increase which is comparamble to 4,6% damage increase from sharpened. But precise also boosting healing so who will take sharpened over precise? No one.

I dont have math for nirn. but its doesnt matter, when i compare infused, sharpened and precise its something like Infused by a large margin > precise > sharpened.

In PVE where crit damage is even higher, precise trait offset sharpened even more.

Thats why i dont understand so huge nerf to sharpened, 3300 penetration is much more comparable to precise, little better damage in pvp but not boosting healing and in pve its not so bad trait like it will be with 2700 pen. And nerfing oblivion enchant by 30-50% which also helps with traits balance.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Of course i have. Lets do some maths: Sharpened is 2700 penetration, 660 penetration is 1% damage increase which is also boosted by critical chance. Lets consider we have 40% crit. chance and 70% crit. damage bonus which is lowered by crit resist to ~40% critical damage bonus. 2700 penetration is 2700/660 ~ 4% damage increse. Now we adding crit. chance: 4%+(4*0.4*0.4)=4,6% damage increase. Lets take oblivion enchant. Its 2100 unersistable damage every 5s, which is 2100/5= 420 dps alone. Infused shorten cd by half and boosting damage by 30% so its 2100*1.3/2.5=1090 dps. Infused alone bring 670 dps. In pvp i am doing about ~5k dps when fully boosted and my dots are running. But this is often lower because of healing, ccing, dots not running etc. So sharpened is 4,6% damage increase which is about 230 dps (5000*0.046) while infused is near 3 times stronger with 670 dps and often is much stronger then 3 times. Sharpened is good only in burst scenario when dps is near 15k, but no one will have those dps in pvp.

So 670 dps from infused oblivion enchant or 230 dps from sharpened? Even i counted only 1 enchant, u can have 2-3 infused enchants which boosting infused even in better spot.

Lets take precise trait on nb or templar. Lets consider we have 80% crit. damage bonus which is reduced by crit. resistance to 50%. Precise trait give us 9% bonus to crit. chance which is 9*0.5=4,5% damage increase which is comparamble to 4,6% damage increase from sharpened. But precise also boosting healing so who will take sharpened over precise? No one.

I dont have math for nirn. but its doesnt matter, when i compare infused, sharpened and precise its something like Infused by a large margin > precise > sharpened.

In PVE where crit damage is even higher, precise trait offset sharpened even more.

Thats why i dont understand so huge nerf to sharpened, 3300 penetration is much more comparable to precise, little better damage in pvp but not boosting healing and in pve its not so bad trait like it will be with 2700 pen. And nerfing oblivion enchant by 30-50% which also helps with traits balance.

First, your "analysis" is based soley on PVP because you want to use the BS/OD problem to make your case. So this argument holds no sway over the whole PVE realm where OD is not doubled in effectiveness as it is in PVP currently.

Second, you use your actual 5k dps from pvp actual play for the sharpened side and then use straight math (perfect timing) for your infused side? that is bad logic.

Third, since your argument is based off only one DPS value, in one type of play, using one type of enchant that is currently OP... it has very little to say about the overall balance of infused vs sharpened.

While personally i do think sharpened might be a tad low at this value, no comparison using this logic will support a need for the change.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.