Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do You All Want More "Mature" Costumes?

• bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I would prefer to be as light as possible no armour to impede my movement
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Because this is my favorite costume. More like this would be great!

2vl5g01.jpg

@Hippie4927 What costume is that, and how/where can I obtain it? I have SO MANY ideas with that costume in mind.
    Sigtric wrote: »
    You're in luck, this is coming to the crown store next week:
    c5d8df0343a791319b1d92b9f9a7d128.jpg

My gawd. I must have it.

My nightblades name is valla..... will fit her so nicely.
    demon_hunter___diablo_3_reaper_of_souls_by_yeshuanel-d78fj75.jpg

PLEASE ZOS MAKE A COSTUME LIKE THIS!

a.jpg

Agreed. Have you ever seen the kunoichi class from the Disgaea series? You'd love it.

latest?cb=20100117232942&path-prefix=en

ZOS could call it something Akaviri oriented.

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I guess I need to say "yes" as I use one of the examples - Graht-Climber's Active Wear. I mean my sorc is a light armor & shield user. She doesn't really need or want to be covered head to toe when doing writs or some flower picking - she may be swimming a lot and fighting a little. For real action, she dresses more appropriately.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    More freedom for the art department to do thier thing. They are constantly improving thier quality, so I say unshakeable their creativity.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Sure. Not sure I'd label them "mature" though. Revealing? Or "immature", perhaps? ;)

Also, not sure at the people saying "no, don't want that Asian/JRPG stuff here".... revealing fantasy armor/clothing, to me, is a Western thing. But then, I grew up with the D&D and novel artwork of the 70s-80s-90s - Frazetta, Vallejo, Parkinson, Elmore, Royo, Achilleos, that kind of stuff.

Still, I'd want it to fit in stylistically with the other things already in game - "summer bikinis" would clash a bit much.

(on that topic, a return chance at the Dark Shaman and fancier versions of the Graht Climber & desert dancer outfits are basically the only thing I'm waiting for in Crown Crates at the moment. Silly looking mounts? No thanks.)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on June 23, 2017 8:49PM
  • jeremybrittain22b14_ESO
    Yes, because...

That's nonsense. That's just pandering to players libido. It doesn't make sense culturally nor is it aesthetically consistent with the Nord clothing we have already. I just don't want the game to get excessively silly.[/quote]

What if the nord travels to a warmer climate and doesnt want to get a heatstroke?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes just because its a medieval rpg series doeant mean we cant have a sexy look thats what draws half of the people in we wanna escape reality not be bludgeoned by bucket knights... i really want a legit minimal bra or iron bikini warrior chick or a seductive mage look elven hero was a step in that direction but even zos couldnt leave that alone and messed it up for females way to go.....

And for those who argue sexy armor isnt practical or realistic your wearing a robe taking a wrecking blow to the torso and getting punched by an argonian behemoth what part of silk is protecting you?
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yeah sure, but with a focus on like, culturally-relevant outfits and unique designs and geometry, instead of like the same handful of outfits rehashed over and over AND OVER. Like, I am 100% done with the pirate-style pants and pencil-thin boots yet here we are in Morrowind where somehow that's caught on for what looks like every one of the male fashion choices. Unique tops at least as far as I can tell, so at least there's that. And ladies get a unique top this month, but the bottom is just the Breton riding outfit done over again. Yawn and a half.

Gimme some fancy Argonian loincloths. Some scant High-Elf fishing workwear. Some Khajiit consort garb. IDK whatever, just get some unique and unconventional geometry!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • MNsnowtaTy
    MNsnowtaTy
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Only if there's a Sim's style sex where it's blurred out. Oh and scissoring....lots of scissoring.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No. Add more Combat appropriate costumes.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on June 23, 2017 9:22PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    It doesn't matter because maturity isn't the issue here. If the PEGI age gate is here to prevent minors from experiencing adult themes (which is a completely ridiculous idea in the age of the Internet) then the amount of skin a character shows doesn't, by itself alone, trigger those adult themes.

A woman going to a yoga class could show a lot of skin. Is it erotic? Not necessarily. Compare that to certain scenes from television shows like Game of Thrones where the actors are completely dressed but still manage to convey a sense of very adult, erotic sensuality.

I agree with you on this: the amount of skin shown is both unrealistic and not lore correct. I'm not thinking of skin tight leather and steel underwear but bare arms and legs on some types of light armor would be realistic. And not just for women. Would it be sensual? That just depends on the person.

[For example: my daughter told me to go see the new Wonder Woman movie. She said it was an inspiring movie for women. So I went to see it. Afterwards, she sent me text and asked me what I thought. "Nice legs," was my answer.]

And none of this has anything to do with how mature anyone is. I'd just want to keep it realistic and lore-friendly.

But yes. The clothing styles are a bit unrealistic in this game for this day and age that the game is set in. UNLESS! Unless if they are: Dwemer, High Elf, Imperial, or Nord societies. Bretons and Dark Elves too somewhat, although they both have their very primal and wild groups of people too. See Ashlanders and Reachmen. Most of the gear should be very... Revealing and rather rag-like. Unless of course armoring and what not.

The only primal "wild groups" likely to wear revealing clothing are those who live in tropical/sub-tropical climes. Folks like the Nords who live up in the damned mountains and snow... Wearing revealing outfits, "wild" or not, is a recipe for freezing to death, even in temperate climates it's really easy to end up sick and dying from exposure if you're not covered up.

Folk most likely to show some skin include, Argonians, Khajit, Altmer, and Bosmer (maybe some really south-dwelling Imperials). Pretty much anyone else living exposed to the elements, as the primal types do, is gonna need to bundle up.

Edit: Incidentally, if you look at the clothing choices designed by ZOS, other than the Nord towel (which is designed for hot spring bathing) they've adhered pretty closely to what I've described above.

Redguards too need to show skin covering up in the baking desert of alik'r will kill ya.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's equally sexy for both genders, good for me. Not like Golden Saint, Dark Seducer or Elven Hero costumes where only the gal version shows something. I'm tired of all these diaper-looking pants and loose tunics on male characters.
    In fact, I'll buy the Balmora outfit for my male nord tank. :p
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter, because...
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    It doesn't matter because maturity isn't the issue here. If the PEGI age gate is here to prevent minors from experiencing adult themes (which is a completely ridiculous idea in the age of the Internet) then the amount of skin a character shows doesn't, by itself alone, trigger those adult themes.

A woman going to a yoga class could show a lot of skin. Is it erotic? Not necessarily. Compare that to certain scenes from television shows like Game of Thrones where the actors are completely dressed but still manage to convey a sense of very adult, erotic sensuality.

I agree with you on this: the amount of skin shown is both unrealistic and not lore correct. I'm not thinking of skin tight leather and steel underwear but bare arms and legs on some types of light armor would be realistic. And not just for women. Would it be sensual? That just depends on the person.

[For example: my daughter told me to go see the new Wonder Woman movie. She said it was an inspiring movie for women. So I went to see it. Afterwards, she sent me text and asked me what I thought. "Nice legs," was my answer.]

And none of this has anything to do with how mature anyone is. I'd just want to keep it realistic and lore-friendly.

But yes. The clothing styles are a bit unrealistic in this game for this day and age that the game is set in. UNLESS! Unless if they are: Dwemer, High Elf, Imperial, or Nord societies. Bretons and Dark Elves too somewhat, although they both have their very primal and wild groups of people too. See Ashlanders and Reachmen. Most of the gear should be very... Revealing and rather rag-like. Unless of course armoring and what not.

The only primal "wild groups" likely to wear revealing clothing are those who live in tropical/sub-tropical climes. Folks like the Nords who live up in the damned mountains and snow... Wearing revealing outfits, "wild" or not, is a recipe for freezing to death, even in temperate climates it's really easy to end up sick and dying from exposure if you're not covered up.

Folk most likely to show some skin include, Argonians, Khajit, Altmer, and Bosmer (maybe some really south-dwelling Imperials). Pretty much anyone else living exposed to the elements, as the primal types do, is gonna need to bundle up.

Edit: Incidentally, if you look at the clothing choices designed by ZOS, other than the Nord towel (which is designed for hot spring bathing) they've adhered pretty closely to what I've described above.

Redguards too need to show skin covering up in the baking desert of alik'r will kill ya.

Only in the daytime. :)
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something more like the dark shaman costume would be nice.

What's the point of tattoo's if they're only seen in like 4 outfits in the entire game?
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

Is what you deem "combat appropriate", only applicable to armor or does this scrutiny carry over to weaponry as well?

Most of weapons featured in ESO are not combat appropriate, in that at the very least, they'd be too heavy, and obstructively shaped to wield effectively. If a sense of realism is imposed on armor, why then do weapons get a pass?

• ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as my characters have armor and robes to wear that look like armor and robes and not fetishwear, I don't give a damn what anybody else does or doesn't wear.

Whatever.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Another one of these?

charlette_in_a_bikini__by_furbylover111-db07lmh.png

This one is disturbed, yes?
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    They are pixels. Btw it was rated M for the content ESO had in the base. The rating can be changed and if a rating goes higher than M, most stores take the game off the self. Use google or something, does everything have to be sexy now?

TES started out as a game series with mature themes, it only changed because we live in a ridiculous society afraid of its own sexuality, thus Bethesda felt they could reach a greater audience if they toned things down and simply allowed the player base to add the sexy back via modding tools. Stop being a puritan.
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Boobies.

:trollface:
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes because fap fap fap fap fap
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    dday3six wrote: »

Is what you deem "combat appropriate", only applicable to armor or does this scrutiny carry over to weaponry as well?

Most of weapons featured in ESO are not combat appropriate, in that at the very least, they'd be too heavy, and obstructively shaped to wield effectively. If a sense of realism is imposed on armor, why then do weapons get a pass?

Sooooo much truth. +1
    They are pixels. Btw it was rated M for the content ESO had in the base. The rating can be changed and if a rating goes higher than M, most stores take the game off the self. Use google or something, does everything have to be sexy now?

TES started out as a game series with mature themes, it only changed because we live in a ridiculous society afraid of its own sexuality, thus Bethesda felt they could reach a greater audience if they toned things down and simply allowed the player base to add the sexy back via modding tools. Stop being a puritan.

This is incredibly true as well. In fact, if you go back and look into the game Morrowind, there is an area rumored to have had held Dwarven lesbian entertainment. All jokes aside. The ruins in Mournhold. It was called "Bamz-Amschend". Here's a Reddit post about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Morrowind/comments/12lvu1/naughty_dwemer/
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 24, 2017 2:26AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a pen1s sheath (google for images of it in use):

Koteka.jpg
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 24, 2017 2:07AM
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    This is serene from Skyrim...

jeWSO3N.jpg?1
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a pen1s sheath (google for images of it in use):

Koteka.jpg

Someone is really exaggerating their needs to the Tribal tailor .
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes for mature feminine outfits.
    No for slooty bikini armors.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Not really. Just don't see a need for it. The games where everyone's running around in their underwear tend to end up looking trashy in the long run (or at the beginning, sometimes). This game is visually so pretty with the clothing details, it doesn't need naked butts hanging out. ;D
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I dont want bikini amour - but I want more costumes which show a little more skin, because all the tattoos which you cant see.. I am always happy with a but of bare arms
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    As a woman, YES PLEASE. Why? Bc I like it, what other reason is there?
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Raeph
    Raeph
    ✭✭✭
    I voted no because it's not exactly hard to find p0rn on the Internet.

I don't really play ESO for some erotic charge or something... also my orc is self conscious about his spare tire.
    Edited by Raeph on June 30, 2017 6:35PM
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes, but some logic is also welcome :smile:541cc005e3892523b2f32025e94f5b1b--video-game-logic-video-game-funny.jpg
    Comrade, a word...
This discussion has been closed.