Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do You All Want More "Mature" Costumes?

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    I came to ESO from korean mmos, so I'm pretty fed up with cleavage
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    If they can release some that dye properly. Or at all...
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    skimpy armor is the dumbest thing in rpgs ever.
    It's only purpose is sexual fantasy.
    Edited by Iccotak on July 1, 2017 3:18AM
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

Or... just fantasy...

Conan is long time fantasy staple..

conan_the_barbarian_2011_by_rubusthebarbarian-d45rcs6.jpg

I was always partial to Larry Elmore's stuff...

892abadebc5c6c32cbb3f7554d88a052.jpg

Elmore_Larry_128_Red_Cloak.jpg

caldwell00.jpg

eb07b0bc3d082ba723b36d3e8b8ea569.jpg

In a world of magic, armor is really optional.

Think about it... any metal armor makes you a magnet and more suspectible to lightning magic. Cloth armor would ignite from fire magic and burn you, etc.

Not to mention, even the skimpiest armor could be enchanted to give more protection than it appears.

When the musket was invented, armor became less and less viable and more hampering. That's the reason why the musketeers wear doublets, not armor.

MV5BOWE4MGRmYzgtMTJmYy00MGJiLWJmMTAtM2YzYjUxMWY0NjYzL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI3ODYyNDU@._V1_.jpg

In a world where casters can shower a plate clad warrior in lightning and a huge troll can lob a crab, the idea of skimpy (or no) armor isn't that far-fetched.

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    No because, why in the world would I want to look at a cartoon or digital renders cleavage?!? WTF its just like how people talk about how "hot" their characters are, are you serious? IDK if I want to see cleavage or be sexually satisfied I'd rather go look at my wife. Sorry cartoons and games don't get me there....

See, I've seen this argument before, but this one I don't get.

How is sexy "cartoon or digital" different than, say, those sexy oil paintings a few hundred years ago. Or sexy marble statues, sexy block prints, sexy etchings, sexy charcoal drawings, or heck... even sexy prose in that romance novel?

Humankind have been making "sexy" imagery in dozens of mediums for thousands of years. But pixels is somehow super wrong & deviant?

Doesn't even feel like a potentially-valid argument (as opposed to 'realism', feminism, etc), it just seems like some weird strain of Puritanism.

edit: people like 'attractive' things, however their particular culture defines attractive. Nothing strange about that.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on July 1, 2017 3:36AM
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Put more mature costumes in this game? , why Hanzus says YES!!!!! ;)

NO more discussion needed, NUFF SAID! B)
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Also, Aela the Huntress....fine as hell without being overly sexualized....would love a get-up like this...

2106468-aela.png

latest?cb=20121013012428
    NA PS4
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote:

Or... just fantasy...

Even old school TES was hyper sexualised:

Elder_Scrolls_Arena_Cover.jpg

latest?cb=20080817214237

I'm not a fan of sexualisation in games. I prefer realism. I like the art direction of ESO (and modern TES games). Oversexualisation in the 80s and 90s was a thing because gaming was considered the domain of males, particularly pubescent boys.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 1, 2017 3:58AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    max_only wrote: »
    Only if we get some of those "sexy" armor for men that Tera has.

Vivec would be proud.
    highelf_m_r25.jpg

I need to change my vote please..... xD

(...or maybe the game I'm playing...)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Frazetta and Vallejo too. I wish there was some kind of game based on Conan.... oh wait

Also, at least post original Conan with his bare thighs out

Edit, first picture was huge

e9f2b91daae454c2ed912b3c8360b32d--conan-the-destroyer-conan-the-barbarian.jpg
    Edited by max_only on July 1, 2017 4:06AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    How off-putting :s
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I want better hats, to so off my spunky hair do. Why is reality and virtual reality not allowing me to have wear hats... so dreams are forever dreams it seems. :'(

Also tails! I want a fluffy tail and I am sure some people would like spiked lizard tails.
    Edited by Tasear on July 1, 2017 4:39AM
  • dusk194
    dusk194
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Because this is my favorite costume. More like this would be great!

2vl5g01.jpg

I've never see that before.... can this come back to the crown store please. :)

I personaly would like to see selection go both ways. I would appreciate armor's like the above picture (a mage doesn't need armor when they have a magic sheild). But i also appreciate armors like the adventurer costume with the backpack and pick axe on the back. Its functional, durable, and looks worn in like its actualy been in a delve.

I would love to see either costume come back for us late arrivals to purchase, and i would enjoy similar selections in the future.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My definition of the word "mature" involves not getting overexcited about cleavage
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    ookami007 wrote: »
    Iccotak wrote: »

Or... just fantasy...

SNIP

I would love something like this for my male warden. He has tattoos that need to be seen!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Because.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    monoboob

Great band name
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a nude polymorph for 50k crown gems into the store just to watch the shitshow.
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I don't want to see this game turn into those other MMOs where the girls are wearing bikkini armor. This is being realistic and I love that about this game.

If you were a women going into battle, I doubt you'd want you're "squishy bits" getting hurt.

And there's enough hentai based armor from mods in skyrim.

If you're talking about costumes not armor, maybe... I just don't want it to go overboard.
    The reason I like elder scrolls is because not everything with women involved is sexualized like with other games.

But you’d be Ok with a game full of extreme violence, murder, gore and whatnot?
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    STOP RIGHT THERE NECRO SCUM !!
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    The amount of skin shown now in the costumes we have is tasteful.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because, why in the world would I want to look at a cartoon or digital renders cleavage?!? WTF its just like how people talk about how "hot" their characters are, are you serious? IDK if I want to see cleavage or be sexually satisfied I'd rather go look at my wife. Sorry cartoons and games don't get me there....

See, I've seen this argument before, but this one I don't get.

How is sexy "cartoon or digital" different than, say, those sexy oil paintings a few hundred years ago. Or sexy marble statues, sexy block prints, sexy etchings, sexy charcoal drawings, or heck... even sexy prose in that romance novel?

Humankind have been making "sexy" imagery in dozens of mediums for thousands of years. But pixels is somehow super wrong & deviant?

Doesn't even feel like a potentially-valid argument (as opposed to 'realism', feminism, etc), it just seems like some weird strain of Puritanism.

edit: people like 'attractive' things, however their particular culture defines attractive. Nothing strange about that.

I’d say look at Kira Yoshikage but uh he didn’t care about sexy- he really liked hands

Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on April 19, 2019 8:08PM
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as its not the normal way of 'guy gets normal and girl gets skimpy'
    both get normal or both get skimpy
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Why not?
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Look, I know we're getting Necromancers soon, but isn't this taking it a bit far?

;)

edit: on the plus side
    (on that topic, a return chance at the Dark Shaman and fancier versions of the Graht Climber & desert dancer outfits are basically the only thing I'm waiting for in Crown Crates at the moment. Silly looking mounts? No thanks.)

I've gotten 2 out of 3 of those since then.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on April 19, 2019 8:30PM
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    It would be nice if they found a middle way. Like with the tops from fang lair and mazzatun for example they are cool without being over the top.
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Why yes?
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Oh for gods sake remove those crappy things on chest that end up on the hips. Ruins most motifs and outfits
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Mature, sexy => Yes but not SEXIST! Some people seem to have forgotten that in this thread... based on the pictures we get!
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 19, 2019 8:33PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Nimrhys
    Nimrhys
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I need to show off my ink somehow.
This discussion has been closed.