Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do You All Want More "Mature" Costumes?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Examples of "mature" costumes would be anything that shows a fair amount of cleavage and or skin. Things that are more geared toward an adult audience, basically. An example of these types of costumes would include: "Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown", "Evening Dress", "Graht-Climber's Active Wear", "Nordic Bather's Towel", etc.

Would you all like to see more costumes like that, being as of how we are in an era where that type of clothing was pretty prevalent? Skirts and tops made of hide and leaves. Very much so revealing. What are you all's opinions and thoughts on it?

I'll post some pictures in a few moments for further examples of these types of gear. That way you can get a better understanding of what I mean.
Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 23, 2017 4:55PM

Do You All Want More "Mature" Costumes? 398 votes

Yes, because...
54%
zergbase_ESOaisriyth_ESOvailjohn_ESOk9mousefaerigirlMisterBigglesworthlordspyderMojmiralenae1b14_ESOBelegnoleNewBlacksmurfBigBraggcwolfe702b14_ESOjeremybrittain22b14_ESOSigtricHanokihsOsteosrudimentxb14_ESOVezSweetrollHoarder 215 votes
No, because...
32%
arkansas_ESOKochDerDamonenWicked_WolfSedrethiasuitandtyb14_ESOCapnPhotonDarcyMardinlolo_01b16_ESOSvenjaixiekwisatzYakidafiSpacegatoLiraTaurwenvrineidkheledironDyrideJasonSilverSpringdeleted220701-004865 131 votes
It doesn't matter, because...
13%
SirAndyShedsHisTailSlurgDerethDawnbladeCpt_TeemoRDMyers65b14_ESOFaulgorZigoSidAshTalDanikatBam_BamTonnopesceKhenarthiAbeilleYukon2112SilverWFvyndral13preub18_ESOElsonsoRaephGiraffon 52 votes
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I voted yes, because it would be lore friendly and fit the Rated M ESRB rating of the game further. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the player base is over the age of 18. And therefore would be able to handle more adult themes.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? I'm still waiting for the cleavage on the Breton female outfits to be fixed. Until then, I don't feel like buying any revealing outfits. Not a fan of the chest deformation, at all. At least the deformation doesn't look so bad on outfits that show less.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    yes because all my characters have some awesome ink, and the only way to show that off at the moment is the graht climber & nordic bathers costume - and tbh 14 charcaters all wearing the same outfit is BORING!
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Not really, people already look ridiculous enough. The only exception being I would like more costumes that show off various skins you may have gotten(Amber Daub/Spiderkith/Dro-Mathra/Fabrication Sheath). Unfortunately skins by their nature require showing more skin. What I would really like to see is premium costumes that you can only get as a reward like skins, then you could have interesting looking "skins" that you dont have to run around naked to show off.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are pixels. Btw it was rated M for the content ESO had in the base. The rating can be changed and if a rating goes higher than M, most stores take the game off the self. Use google or something, does everything have to be sexy now?
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I want cool stuff like robes or cloaks, not indulge in some weird game phorn fetish. I honestly have never understood why people care about "reveling costumes" or boobs in-game... Get a girl, rent a movie, get some kinky webcam action but for the love of god, focus on doing cool armor instead of "sexy" stuff
    Edited by Franieck on June 23, 2017 5:04PM
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I don't want to see this game turn into those other MMOs where the girls are wearing bikkini armor. This is being realistic and I love that about this game.

If you were a women going into battle, I doubt you'd want you're "squishy bits" getting hurt.

And there's enough hentai based armor from mods in skyrim.

If you're talking about costumes not armor, maybe... I just don't want it to go overboard.
    The reason I like elder scrolls is because not everything with women involved is sexualized like with other games.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    These are the examples that I was talking about, by the way:

Y7ISVgc.jpg
    VzPfXqg.jpg
    p2CTPjV.jpgSee what I mean as to how they are a bit toward the mature side? I mean, they're still classy pieces of clothing. But, they still have just enough spice to bring sexy back. Someone que the JT ad-lib. Lol.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most this crap is fugly anyway.
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    These are the examples that I was talking about, by the way:

Y7ISVgc.jpg
    VzPfXqg.jpg
    p2CTPjV.jpgSee what I mean as to how they are a bit toward the mature side? I mean, they're still classy pieces of clothing. But, they still have just enough spice to bring sexy back. Someone que the JT ad-lib. Lol.

These are fine and lore-friendly. I would never use them, but I wouldn't care if they were introduced.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one of these?

charlette_in_a_bikini__by_furbylover111-db07lmh.png
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I don't want to see this game turn into those other MMOs where the girls are wearing bikkini armor. This is being realistic and I love that about this game.

If you were a women going into battle, I doubt you'd want you're "squishy bits" getting hurt.

If you're talking about costumes not armor, maybe... I just don't want it to go overboard.
    The reason I like elder scrolls is because not everything with women involved is sexualized like with other games.

But who said women are going to be wearing bikinis? Do you know how many dudes I know who've been dreaming of putting their Orc tank in a 2-piece?

Edit: I don't know if you know this, but on PS4-NA there's a huge following of guys putting their male characters in the wedding outfit and in some of the revealing outfits. Lol. It's not about trying to objectify any gender, or anything of the sort. Just for more revealing clothing to be added is all. I have to admit. I too have been known to every here and there run a trial in that Nordic bathing outfit with my male characters. Just to lighten the mood and have a few chuckles here and there.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 23, 2017 5:11PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with it as long as it is done well and not just a sex costume, as well as making sense for the design.

I really hate bikini mail because I am a roleplayer it it just makes no sense to me.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Another one of these?

charlette_in_a_bikini__by_furbylover111-db07lmh.png

Put a skirt on it and that is a Khajiit in the Dark shaman outfit.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    sexy french maid outfit, ftw!
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it that "mature" equals "sex" to basically everyone?
    Y'all know there's more to growing up than being naked, right?

To me a "more mature" costume involves adjectives like confident, dignified, poised, elegant, refined, sophisticated or graceful. Can those things involve cleavage? Sure. Does the cleavage make them "mature?" No.

I mean, seriously, do you really think that "in an era where that type of clothing was pretty prevalent" people would see a dude wandering around town in a towel and go, "Well, there's a man with his sh*t together, he certainly looks mature. That is how an adult person should dress himself."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ragging on your idea (to each his own), but quit with the euphemism and call it what it is. You don't want maturity, you want sexy outfits. You want boobs and jiggle physics.

Honestly, I think ESO already has some of the most mature aesthetics of any game on the market.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    ... My Khajiit need a mammoth themed banana hammock, like yesterday.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    yes as long as they fit properly without distortion (as in, stop mangling the male character model into a female character model, its lazy and it doesn't work). All my ladies are currently looking the same because I want them to look pretty and the Cyrod gown is currently all I have. More variety in pretty/sexy/slinky/classy dresses (long or short, doesn't matter) would be great. More feminine versions of armour would be great too (as in having a male version and female version of armour, doesn't have to be every style, just some different ones to choose from).

Edited to add: it also doesn't have to be only about cleavage. An open back here, a bare shoulder there, maybe some midriff?
    Edited by RoyalPink06 on June 23, 2017 5:19PM
    NA PS4
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    You're in luck, this is coming to the crown store next week:
    c5d8df0343a791319b1d92b9f9a7d128.jpg

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    ... I want there to be a correlation between bodyparts visually covered in metal and mitigation to physical damage.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... My Khajiit need a mammoth themed banana hammock, like yesterday.

Complete with trunk attachment?
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Because chainmail bikinis are not mature, they are young. It always says "for mature audiences only" but it's the young that drool over these things not the mature, we've seen it all before. I think armor should look like armor but I would like to see costumes for game gold that show off the body art available in the original creation screen in an artistic manner. Still, the Graht-Climber is better than running around in your skivvies. I'm liking the new Morrownd outfit with the sleeveless top, long gloves and high boots. I don't even mind the boob window.
    Edited by Moonscythe on June 24, 2017 6:00PM
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...

But who said women are going to be wearing bikinis? Do you know how many dudes I know who've been dreaming of putting their Orc tank in a 2-piece?

Edit: I don't know if you know this, but on PS4-NA there's a huge following of guys putting their male characters in the wedding outfit and in some of the revealing outfits. Lol. It's not about trying to objectify any gender, or anything of the sort. Just for more revealing clothing to be added is all. I have to admit. I too have been known to every here and there run a trial in that Nordic bathing outfit with my male characters. Just to lighten the mood and have a few chuckles here and there.

It's just when guys say "mature" that's where things usually end up.
    What I'd like and may be considered mature by some standards I guess is like: a tribal costume for woodelves with feathers in the hair braids and tied to their arm circlets or barbarian warrior costumes maybe.
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on June 23, 2017 5:20PM
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Idylliqe
    Idylliqe
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I just feel like it's how every game like this is and I WANNA BE THE BEST WOMAN I CAN BE
    NA PS4
    Stamina Nightblade
    "Sweet Mother, Sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
    Tenet 1: Never dishonor the Night Mother. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 2: Never betray the Dark Brotherhood or its secrets. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 3: Never disobey or refuse to carry out an order from a Dark Brotherhood superior. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 4: Never steal the possessions of a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 5: Never kill a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    One of the things i loathe about Asian MMO's is the skimpy clothing and armor. It isn't the worst problem on my list like the annoying anime art style or autopathing/autocombat but i would much rather have proper clothes for my toons.
    Edited by Vipstaakki on June 23, 2017 5:23PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

It's just when guys say "mature" that's where things usually end up.
    What I'd like and may be considered mature by some standards I guess is like: a tribal costume for woodelves with feathers in the hair braids and tied to their arm circlets or barbarian warrior costumes maybe.

Blizzard did this superbly with the Barbarian class in Diablo 3 actually. The gear often times fit both genders beautifully, and on female character models especially.

1804f1e3c2365fa8b8c22398b9a11156.jpg
    8TLrf.jpg
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter because maturity isn't the issue here. If the PEGI age gate is here to prevent minors from experiencing adult themes (which is a completely ridiculous idea in the age of the Internet) then the amount of skin a character shows doesn't, by itself alone, trigger those adult themes.

A woman going to a yoga class could show a lot of skin. Is it erotic? Not necessarily. Compare that to certain scenes from television shows like Game of Thrones where the actors are completely dressed but still manage to convey a sense of very adult, erotic sensuality.

I agree with you on this: the amount of skin shown is both unrealistic and not lore correct. I'm not thinking of skin tight leather and steel underwear but bare arms and legs on some types of light armor would be realistic. And not just for women. Would it be sensual? That just depends on the person.

[For example: my daughter told me to go see the new Wonder Woman movie. She said it was an inspiring movie for women. So I went to see it. Afterwards, she sent me text and asked me what I thought. "Nice legs," was my answer.]

And none of this has anything to do with how mature anyone is. I'd just want to keep it realistic and lore-friendly.

Edited by CountEdmondDantes on June 23, 2017 5:35PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    You're in luck, this is coming to the crown store next week:
    c5d8df0343a791319b1d92b9f9a7d128.jpg

Yeah, see, I really like that design.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I prefer a classy women look, not slutty.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    sexy french maid outfit, ftw!

It's actually a polymorph, not a costume.
    Makes you appear Argonian.
This discussion has been closed.