Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do You All Want More "Mature" Costumes?

• PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    ... My Khajiit need a mammoth themed banana hammock, like yesterday.

Complete with trunk attachment?

Yes it's safari time... Down Boba!
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Btw why are ppl assuming we mean only women when we say "mature" costumes? Nothing in op indicates female over male. I took it to mean it would be applied across the board.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on June 23, 2017 7:13PM
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter, because...
    I'm more interested in getting armors and outfits from prior TES games as costumes.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    They are pixels. Btw it was rated M for the content ESO had in the base. The rating can be changed and if a rating goes higher than M, most stores take the game off the self. Use google or something, does everything have to be sexy now?

Yes
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Sigtric wrote: »
    You're in luck, this is coming to the crown store next week:
    c5d8df0343a791319b1d92b9f9a7d128.jpg

My gawd. I must have it.

My nightblades name is valla..... will fit her so nicely.
    demon_hunter___diablo_3_reaper_of_souls_by_yeshuanel-d78fj75.jpg

PLEASE ZOS MAKE A COSTUME LIKE THIS!

a.jpg

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 23, 2017 7:29PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    What some like to call "mature", I like to call the exact opposite.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Oh hell no, my mother watches me play this game, I do not want her seeing boobs, ass and such shoved everywhere.

We already have too many players standing around in their underwear by the banks.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not just prudes, I really think that ZOS approach (lets give all female chars giant pectorals instead of breasts) is kind of misogynistic. Its like female body is shameful or something.

My understanding, from reading something here on the forums (either Dev notes or maybe watching ESO Live) is that this decision was made to make the armor more "realistic" and to allow ESO to use the same texture model for both male and female characters. A very vocal group of long-time players had insisted that women "warriors" would wear the same armor as men, and that making this change would add to the realism and immersion of the game.

Not to mention it makes things easier for Zenimax, too.

Edit: Now I'm genuinely curious - does Morrowind armor still have that "Alien-esque" chest problem? Someone told me (maybe my daughter or someone else) that ESO said they would fix some of the armors ...

Someone who has been around longer than I will have to fill in the blanks.

Edited by CountEdmondDantes on June 23, 2017 7:33PM
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    More options are better. I would like to show off tattoos and markings on my characters, both male and female. I would also like some full heavy armor looking costumes.

Oh and maybe its because I'm female but my eyes always go straight to the shoulder of the guy behind her and to the left. What is up with him?
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Arena_Cover.png

Arena costumes ;)

DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Because this is my favorite costume. More like this would be great!

2vl5g01.jpg

@Hippie4927 What costume is that, and how/where can I obtain it? I have SO MANY ideas with that costume in mind.

My gawd. I must have it.

My nightblades name is valla..... will fit her so nicely.
    demon_hunter___diablo_3_reaper_of_souls_by_yeshuanel-d78fj75.jpg

PLEASE ZOS MAKE A COSTUME LIKE THIS!

a.jpg

Agreed. Have you ever seen the kunoichi class from the Disgaea series? You'd love it.

latest?cb=20100117232942&path-prefix=en

ZOS could call it something Akaviri oriented.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 23, 2017 7:43PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there is room for all tastes in this game, idk why this became some activist playground for people not wanting "to see" it, lol. Do you ever see women in shorts or a bathing suit or a guy in a speedo in real life do you demand they cover up or just let them be them? And PLEASE stop using "realism" for reasoning there is fireballs, cat and lizard people, its a fantasy game, literally, not a simultation for medieval warfare.

Has anyone said they don't want "to see" anything?

I just want stuff to make sense and be aesthetically consistent. Yeah, it's a fantasy game of magic and mystery, but there's still a certain degree of realism we can expect and assume. We expect that sharp things still cut, we expect that (without magical intervention) physics still function, water will still drown you, and (presumably) being left out in the cold will result in freezing to death.

Can magic change those things? Sure. Is everyone wearing magical clothing? Probably not.

Water cannot drown you in this game and you can stand naked in the snow for days and you wont freeze and certainly wont die. Since those aren't possible then we can get the odd costumes? or since the costumes wouldn't fit over armor in any realistic scenario we might should just scrap them all

I think you've missed the point, and that's my fault for digressing...

I'm not asking for strict realism, I'm simply asking for consistency of design and the best way to do this is to at least take certain "realistic" environmental concerns into consideration when designing culturally appropriate costumes for the various races.

As I've said before, I've no qualms with more revealing clothing as long as it makes sense. Seeing Wood Eleves in light weight skimpy clothing makes sense. Grahtwood is is a warmer climate. But if they rolled out something like this for Nords:
    womens-eskimo-costume.jpg

That's nonsense. That's just pandering to players libido. It doesn't make sense culturally nor is it aesthetically consistent with the Nord clothing we have already. I just don't want the game to get excessively silly.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 23, 2017 7:46PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Because this is my favorite costume. More like this would be great!

2vl5g01.jpg

@Hippie4927 What costume is that, and how/where can I obtain it? I have SO MANY ideas with that costume in mind.

@Ch4mpTW It's the Dark Shaman costume and is no longer available (at least, for now). Will probably show up in crown crates at some point.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on June 23, 2017 7:45PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Bringer
    Bringer
    ✭✭✭
    women "warriors" would wear the same armor as men

This is true though. But not everything is armor.

I dont want skimpy armor, i just I want more skimpy clothing :^)
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Bringer wrote: »

But skimpy armor can be both eye-candy and practical at the same time. Ever heard of Disgaea's Armor Knight class? Or more specifically Disgaea 5's Armor Knights. Their armor design is very sexy, but still very much so practical (to a degree).

character_armor_knight_img00.jpg
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I hear Mature Costumes, I picture walkers and oxygen tanks...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    As long as we don't see any too unrealistic bikini armor or completely lore un-friendly stuff. I mean, it's a fantasy game so I'm ok with revealing berserker style armor but I don't like too modernized anime style bikini swimsuit armor stuff since it would stand out in TES universe.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence . Every time I open up Minion to update my addons , I see that League of angels add and think there are so many new guys there getting aroused at some other dudes character .
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence . Every time I open up Minion to update my addons , I see that League of angels add and think there are so many new guys there getting aroused at some other dudes character .

Yeah, definitely P2W in PvP, that split second of hesitation will give you the upper hand :D
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But skimpy armor can be both eye-candy and practical at the same time. Ever heard of Disgaea's Armor Knight class? Or more specifically Disgaea 5's Armor Knights. Their armor design is very sexy, but still very much so practical (to a degree).

There is nothing practical about that.
    Guess her knees and wrists and abdominal areas are safe, and probably doesn't need to worry about someone stepping on her foot. but...

Her chest is completely exposed, if someone gets behind her she's doomed in so many ways... Shes wearing heels for some reason, so I can't imagine she gets around very well on the battlefield; gonna be off balance the whole time (and god forbid it gets muddy, she'll get stuck). Her pauldrons protect neither her shoulders nor her neck... somehow... No helmet, at all. Which makes it super easy to grab a hold of all that hair...

You can call that armor a lot of things, but practical is not one of them.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 23, 2017 8:01PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    SIGH...

I'm just gonna say yes, cause honestly the one thing I do most when playing skyrim is stare at my character, but that's mostly because the ability to mod is so vast that I can use Caliente's Bodyslide tool to make this GORGEOUS character model, and then have her wear whatever I want. In ESO, it's restrictive, and for good reason. It's online and we have kids playing this.

But at the same time, I wish my Khajiit could show a bit more skin....err, fur.

Yeah, see, I really like that design.

I was actually a little surprised ZOS made something with a Boob window.
    Edited by ArchMikem on June 23, 2017 7:59PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • squinceybones
    squinceybones
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    The terms of service and rules that govern what we can do in this game could be summed up by saying "would you say that to a 5 year old, with her mother watching", and you want more mammaries out for the boys? Not at my nieces princess sparkles birthday party, not a chance.

Edited for language filter. Try and guess where, I think you'll find it proves my point.
    Edited by squinceybones on June 23, 2017 8:03PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

Yeah, definitely P2W in PvP, that split second of hesitation will give you the upper hand :D

LOL
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No, because this stuff is better in small doses. I enjoy seeing it occasionally, but when it starts becoming the standard I start to find stupid.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess her knees and wrists and abdominal areas are safe, and probably doesn't need to worry about someone stepping on her foot. but...

I daresay even her abdominal area isn't safe, I don't think a tight metal corset is particularly convenient on the battlefield...
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on June 23, 2017 8:09PM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I daresay even her abdominal area isn't safe, I don't think a tight metal corset is particularly convenient on the battlefield...

I would say it's probably safe from frontal impact... But she's probably not breathing well in it. :p
    But yeah, that "guess" I wrote should have been read with a big fat "maybe" attached. :)
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 23, 2017 8:18PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Y'all know there's more to growing up than being naked, right?

Whaaaatt??.. I guess I gotta start rethinking my life :0
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

That bare behind would be a giant bullseye in pvp :D
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    It's fantasy. Few things are realistic about ESO's world. There is a line surely, but having costumes which are more alluring doesn't automatically cross it imo.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ( . Y . )

:trollface:
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭

I understand. And for the record, I didn't make that armor argument because I don't think it's technically true ... or true as the argument is being made. But that's a much different and much longer discussion.

Skimpy and slutty are poor baselines that we can't define because that line changes from person to person. Last semester, in an honors class I teach at the University where I work, we discussed the effect of fashion on a woman's repuation. A young woman in my class explained how she had purchased a dress while on a trip to Japan. The dress was a singe piece design with a very short hemline - like above mid-thigh. These dresses (I believe they're called tea dresses) are very popular in Asia. She bought the dress because it was a very beautiful dress (she wore it to class and it was just that: a very short, stylish dress - I'm sure quite expensive). Ironcially, it had long sleeves. Another bit of irony: it was designed for winter wear.

The first time she wore it, she said someone asked her, "Where did you get that slutty dress?"

In that same class, we watched a clip from an episode of the award-winng FX television series, Justified. In the episode, Raylan Givens (Timothy Oliphant's character) is investigating the death of a woman. They are trying to identify her by the clothes she was wearing. He is working with Rachel Brooks (Erika Tazel), a very professional and unemotional African-American United States Marshall.

In the scene, Raylan describes the woman's underwear to another person as "a ***'s panties." There's a beat, and then Rachel Brooks says, "I have those panties."

Because of this, the baseline should be what is reasonably realistic. A lot of the armor in this game is completely unrealistic. When your craft light armor - for a male or a female - you often get a robe that looks like it has as much of a place on the battlefield as a ball gown. Whenever I see someone running in those, I wonder how they keep from tripping over the hem.

The answer isn't clothing that revealing for just that reason. The answer is that bare arms and legs offer greater mobility ... at a lower armor rating, of course.

But all that may be beyond this game.

Edited by CountEdmondDantes on June 23, 2017 8:29PM
This discussion has been closed.