Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Sigtric wrote: »
    You're in luck, this is coming to the crown store next week:
    c5d8df0343a791319b1d92b9f9a7d128.jpg

Yeah, see, I really like that design.

Agreed. I'll be hopefully picking that up as soon as it is released. I can EASILY think of a few dyes that will fit perfectly with that.

Any Mortal Kombat fans out there getting the whole: Kitana, Mileena, and Jade vibe from that costume? Blue, pink, and green. Shao Kahn's lady assassins. All that ZOS would need do is make a style of daggers that appear as a fan or sai, and that costume alone gives you a Mortal Kombat lady assassin.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 23, 2017 5:43PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Yeah, see, I really like that design.

Agreed. I'll be hopefully picking that up as soon as it is released. I can EASILY think of a few dyes that will fit perfectly with that.

Any Mortal Kombat fans out there getting the whole: Kitana, Mileena, and Jade vibe from that costume? Blue, pink, and green. Shao Kahn's lady assassins. All that ZOS would need do is make a style of daggers that appear as a fan or sai, and that costume alone gives you a Mortal Kombat lady assassin.

Had similar thoughts about it. There will also be a version, same top but a dress instead of pants, but I think that comes later.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    For my thoughts on the subject as long as it follows the reasonable and tasteful types we've seen so far I feel it's perfectly fitting.

Blade and Soul or Tera or anygivenEasternMMO type crap, no thanks.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    As long as they are lore friendly and not part of crown crates I am for more cosmetics.

I also kinda like the costumes that show more skin/fur/scales, so I'd like having more of them to choose from.

As long as it isn't too over the top, so no costume that id only underwear, but something like the treethane one (the bosmer leather costume) is in a good spot for that type of clothing
    Edited by theher0not on June 23, 2017 5:55PM
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter, because...
    I don't want to see this game turn into those other MMOs where the girls are wearing bikkini armor. This is being realistic and I love that about this game.

If you were a women going into battle, I doubt you'd want you're "squishy bits" getting hurt.

And there's enough hentai based armor from mods in skyrim.

If you're talking about costumes not armor, maybe... I just don't want it to go overboard.
    The reason I like elder scrolls is because not everything with women involved is sexualized like with other games.

But who said women are going to be wearing bikinis? Do you know how many dudes I know who've been dreaming of putting their Orc tank in a 2-piece?

Edit: I don't know if you know this, but on PS4-NA there's a huge following of guys putting their male characters in the wedding outfit and in some of the revealing outfits. Lol. It's not about trying to objectify any gender, or anything of the sort. Just for more revealing clothing to be added is all. I have to admit. I too have been known to every here and there run a trial in that Nordic bathing outfit with my male characters. Just to lighten the mood and have a few chuckles here and there.

It's just when guys say "mature" that's where things usually end up.
    What I'd like and may be considered mature by some standards I guess is like: a tribal costume for woodelves with feathers in the hair braids and tied to their arm circlets or barbarian warrior costumes maybe.

Blizzard did this superbly with the Barbarian class in Diablo 3 actually. The gear often times fit both genders beautifully, and on female character models especially.

1804f1e3c2365fa8b8c22398b9a11156.jpg
    8TLrf.jpg

I have to say I don't like that at all. It's not the skin ... it's the design. I just think it's silly.

I didn't like it when it was in Diablo. It was that over-the-top, crazy, unrealistic armor and weapon design that eventually made me stop playing Blizzard games altogether (Diablo had nothing on WoW). It's just not what I want to see in the games I play.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    ZOS has already shown they can do "classy" and "sexy" in the same motif or costume.

Mazzatun is a good example of that ... so the answer to the poll is yes.

Cz7JXCe.png

1JlCFPp.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 23, 2017 6:02PM
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...

I am too waiting impatiently for that costume.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you really want to see my Argonians (both genders) wearing chain mail bikinis?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has already shown it can do "classy" and "sexy" in the same motif or costume.

Cz7JXCe.png

Is that a costume in the store? Or do you get it from completing a quest?

• HEXENWOLF
    HEXENWOLF
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    As a woman who often feels games prioritize the presentation of cleavage and legs in armor design... No, just no. Its nice to see women wearing practical armor for once. And, if you're really that interested in fake boobs, there is enough diversity of costumes to allow for that. I tried on Dark Seducer the other day and literally eye rolled.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    It doesn't matter because maturity isn't the issue here. If the PEGI age gate is here to prevent minors from experiencing adult themes (which is a completely ridiculous idea in the age of the Internet) then the amount of skin a character shows doesn't, by itself alone, trigger those adult themes.

A woman going to a yoga class could show a lot of skin. Is it erotic? Not necessarily. Compare that to certain scenes from television shows like Game of Thrones where the actors are completely dressed but still manage to convey a sense of very adult, erotic sensuality.

I agree with you on this: the amount of skin shown is both unrealistic and not lore correct. I'm not thinking of skin tight leather and steel underwear but bare arms and legs on some types of light armor would be realistic. And not just for women. Would it be sensual? That just depends on the person.

[For example: my daughter told me to go see the new Wonder Woman movie. She said it was an inspiring movie for women. So I went to see it. Afterwards, she sent me text and asked me what I thought. "Nice legs," was my answer.]

And none of this has anything to do with how mature anyone is. I'd just want to keep it realistic and lore-friendly.

This post right here just blew my mind entirely, because of how true it really is. That whole yoga example is spot-on, because I've seen some ladies in yoga pants and fitness attire just the other day that had me wondering a whole lot of things. Lol. :D But then upon paying closer attention, I see them walk into the gym/fitness center. And I'm like, "Damn. They aren't even trying to dress revealing. They aren't even on that type time or go mode. They're just a curvy group of women in some training gear, and on their way to go exercise." I even tried to holla at 1 of them on the side, and found out from word of mouth that they were just looking to train for a bit. >_>

But yes. The clothing styles are a bit unrealistic in this game for this day and age that the game is set in. UNLESS! Unless if they are: Dwemer, High Elf, Imperial, or Nord societies. Bretons and Dark Elves too somewhat, although they both have their very primal and wild groups of people too. See Ashlanders and Reachmen. Most of the gear should be very... Revealing and rather rag-like. Unless of course armoring and what not.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 23, 2017 5:56PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    ZOS has already shown it can do "classy" and "sexy" in the same motif or costume.

Cz7JXCe.png

Is that a costume in the store? Or do you get it from completing a quest?

This is a motif you can collect in the Ruins of Mazzatun (or purchase in the guild stores). Motif chapters drop on the final boss reward chest.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 23, 2017 5:55PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see this game turn into those other MMOs where the girls are wearing bikkini armor. This is being realistic and I love that about this game.

If you were a women going into battle, I doubt you'd want you're "squishy bits" getting hurt.

And there's enough hentai based armor from mods in skyrim.

If you're talking about costumes not armor, maybe... I just don't want it to go overboard.
    The reason I like elder scrolls is because not everything with women involved is sexualized like with other games.

But who said women are going to be wearing bikinis? Do you know how many dudes I know who've been dreaming of putting their Orc tank in a 2-piece?

Edit: I don't know if you know this, but on PS4-NA there's a huge following of guys putting their male characters in the wedding outfit and in some of the revealing outfits. Lol. It's not about trying to objectify any gender, or anything of the sort. Just for more revealing clothing to be added is all. I have to admit. I too have been known to every here and there run a trial in that Nordic bathing outfit with my male characters. Just to lighten the mood and have a few chuckles here and there.

It's just when guys say "mature" that's where things usually end up.
    What I'd like and may be considered mature by some standards I guess is like: a tribal costume for woodelves with feathers in the hair braids and tied to their arm circlets or barbarian warrior costumes maybe.

Blizzard did this superbly with the Barbarian class in Diablo 3 actually. The gear often times fit both genders beautifully, and on female character models especially.

1804f1e3c2365fa8b8c22398b9a11156.jpg
    8TLrf.jpg

I have to say I don't like that at all. It's not the skin ... it's the design. I just think it's silly.

I didn't like it when it was in Diablo. It was that over-the-top, crazy, unrealistic armor and weapon design that eventually made me stop playing Blizzard games altogether (Diablo had nothing on WoW). It's just not what I want to see in the games I play.

Yeah.
    One of the things I love about ESOs armor designs is that most (if not all) look at least functional. They cover the vital areas, no "aim here" boob windows, etc.

I mean, I can see exposed skin as being "lore friendly" for light and even some medium armor designs; but once you get into heavy armors you gotta cover that up or you're gonna die. That woman in the lower picture there; she couldn't even get a decent swing of those weapons (assuming she could lift them) with those big old pauldrons, and she'd get snagged on everything she touched.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 23, 2017 5:56PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    10-15 more sure.

The initial VR unlocks at 8-14 were cool
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena_Cover.png

Arena costumes ;)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEXENWOLF wrote: »
    As a woman who often feels games prioritize the presentation of cleavage and legs in armor design... No, just no. Its nice to see women wearing practical armor for once. And, if you're really that interested in fake boobs, there is enough diversity of costumes to allow for that. I tried on Dark Seducer the other day and literally eye rolled.

To be fair... It's got "Seducer" right in the name.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent personally. I think we've got a good range of options already and I'd like them to continue making a wide range of costumes - both in terms of how much skin it covers and the style. I'm not opposed to skimpy costumes (I use the graht climbers one on 3 characters) but I'd hate the artists to feel they have to restrict themselves to that or hack bits off a perfectly good costume simply to cater to a subset of players who want skimpy costumes. If it looks good that way then great - go for it. If it looks better with full sleeves etc. then do that.

Armour obviously should aim to cover more, but even then I think it's important to remember that platemail was actually only 1 style of armour in use for a relatively short period of time in real life. Ancient Greeks and Romans went into battle in tunics which looked like a t-shirt and knee length skirt. Many cultures wore only minimal armour and in some cases only minimal clothing. For example there was quite a long period between the invention of the rifle and the invention of bullet proof armour - in between it was frequently considered better not to wear armour because it wouldn't actually protect you much and it was heavy and restricted your movement.

In ESO we've also got magic to consider. There's at least 1 book in game which explicitly says the author thinks mages should not wear armour because you need regular training and practice to wear it effectively (ever tried wearing chain mail in real life? I'm reasonably fit but just standing up in it would wear me out) and for a mage it'd be quicker and more effective to learn some protection and healing spells.
    It doesn't matter because maturity isn't the issue here. If the PEGI age gate is here to prevent minors from experiencing adult themes (which is a completely ridiculous idea in the age of the Internet) then the amount of skin a character shows doesn't, by itself alone, trigger those adult themes.

Actually according to PEGI's website all they're concerned about is violence: "The content of this game is suitable for persons aged 18 years and over only. It contains: Multiple, motiveless killing - Violence towards defenceless people."
    http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=Elder+Scrolls+Online

They have a category for games containing nudity, sex, sexual behaviour etc. but apparently none of the stuff in ESO was considered worth mentioning.

Whereas the ESRB (the North American ratings board) lists "Blood and Gore, Sexual Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence" and seems particularly concerned with mentions of *** in the various books according to their website: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx?from=home&amp;titleOrPublisher=Elder Scrolls Online

But neither of them mentions what characters are wearing as being an issue. (I haven't checked all the other ratings boards around the world.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Arena_Cover.png

Arena costumes ;)

Arena is another perfect example. And honestly, it was that whole era. The whole era back then where things could be bad ass and STILL sexy. The whole eye candy thing was in full swing, but it was still not too much. For example, look at comics from back during the time Arena was out. And the whole 70's through 90's. Hell maybe even early 2000's time frame. Look at the character designs for: Emma Frost, Psylocke, Cammy, Chun Li, Kitana, Ivy (Soul Calibur), Sonya Blade, Jade, Mileena, She-Hulk, and so on. Those are the only 1's that come to mind immediately, but there are tons of video games and comics alike which made revealing attire both very sexual and badass at the same time. Psylocke and Cammy especially.

I'll link Psylocke real fast, and you just can Google Cammy and the others. As Psylocke is a personal favorite. >_>

FB-psylocke_1.jpg
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 23, 2017 6:04PM
  • HEXENWOLF
    HEXENWOLF
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...

Funny how Dark "Seducer" doesn't look that way on men! *Eye Roll* Yes, let's take literal translations of gear and make a case for boobs. /endsarcasm Anyone want help building a strawman case for mature themed costumes?
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A woman going to a yoga class could show a lot of skin. Is it erotic? Not necessarily. Compare that to certain scenes from television shows like Game of Thrones where the actors are completely dressed but still manage to convey a sense of very adult, erotic sensuality.

I agree with you on this: the amount of skin shown is both unrealistic and not lore correct. I'm not thinking of skin tight leather and steel underwear but bare arms and legs on some types of light armor would be realistic. And not just for women. Would it be sensual? That just depends on the person.

[For example: my daughter told me to go see the new Wonder Woman movie. She said it was an inspiring movie for women. So I went to see it. Afterwards, she sent me text and asked me what I thought. "Nice legs," was my answer.]

And none of this has anything to do with how mature anyone is. I'd just want to keep it realistic and lore-friendly.

But yes. The clothing styles are a bit unrealistic in this game for this day and age that the game is set in. UNLESS! Unless if they are: Dwemer, High Elf, Imperial, or Nord societies. Bretons and Dark Elves too somewhat, although they both have their very primal and wild groups of people too. See Ashlanders and Reachmen. Most of the gear should be very... Revealing and rather rag-like. Unless of course armoring and what not.

The only primal "wild groups" likely to wear revealing clothing are those who live in tropical/sub-tropical climes. Folks like the Nords who live up in the damned mountains and snow... Wearing revealing outfits, "wild" or not, is a recipe for freezing to death, even in temperate climates it's really easy to end up sick and dying from exposure if you're not covered up.

Folk most likely to show some skin include, Argonians, Khajit, Altmer, and Bosmer (maybe some really south-dwelling Imperials). Pretty much anyone else living exposed to the elements, as the primal types do, is gonna need to bundle up.

Edit: Incidentally, if you look at the clothing choices designed by ZOS, other than the Nord towel (which is designed for hot spring bathing) they've adhered pretty closely to what I've described above.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 23, 2017 6:05PM
  • Idylliqe
    Idylliqe
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

The only primal "wild groups" likely to wear revealing clothing are those who live in tropical/sub-tropical climes. Folks like the Nords who live up in the damned mountains and snow... Wearing revealing outfits, "wild" or not, is a recipe for freezing to death, even in temperate climates it's really easy to end up sick and dying from exposure if you're not covered up.

Folk most likely to show some skin include, Argonians, Khajit, Altmer, and Bosmer (maybe some really south-dwelling Imperials). Pretty much anyone else living exposed to the elements, as the primal types do, is gonna need to bundle up.

I voted yes, but the outfits should make sense. If we're in the snow, let's not make the characters freeze to death..
    NA PS4
    Stamina Nightblade
    "Sweet Mother, Sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
    Tenet 1: Never dishonor the Night Mother. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 2: Never betray the Dark Brotherhood or its secrets. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 3: Never disobey or refuse to carry out an order from a Dark Brotherhood superior. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 4: Never steal the possessions of a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 5: Never kill a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny how Dark "Seducer" doesn't look that way on men! *Eye Roll* Yes, let's take literal translations of gear and make a case for boobs. /endsarcasm Anyone want help building a strawman case for mature themed costumes?

Male version needs no top and a giant codpiece. :p
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭

This is actually a good example of the point I was trying to make earlier. Dark Seducers have always been dressed in minimal armor. Here is the Shivering Isles example:

SI-npc-Female_Dark_Seducer.jpg

Compare to the current ESO version:

dark-seducer.jpg

If anything, the ESO version is more realistic.

Edit: Also, I don't find either particularly adult or sensual.

Edited by CountEdmondDantes on June 23, 2017 6:10PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

Edit: Incidentally, if you look at the clothing choices designed by ZOS, other than the Nord towel (which is designed for hot spring bathing) they've adhered pretty closely to what I've described above.

Logically? That is true. But lore-wise? That is incorrect (to a degree). The Nords especially, as damn near all their attire and what not was very revealing outside of their armoring and what not. They are always depicted as men and women dressed in furs and forms of hide for clothing. And as for a combatant to the extreme harshness of cold weather, they have a natural resistance to frost damage. Or coldness overall. And that's right there even as a racial bonus. Lol. It's what helps them survive in such a chilly and unforgiving environment like Skyrim for example.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 23, 2017 6:12PM
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. And, no. Because i would feel guilty for stooping this low. But actually, yes. And... no.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually a good example of the point I was trying to make earlier. Dark Seducers have always been dressed in minimal armor. Here is the Shivering Isles example:

SI-npc-Female_Dark_Seducer.jpg

Compare to the current ESO version:

dark-seducer.jpg

If anything, the ESO version is more realistic.

Edit: Also, I don't find either particularly adult or sensual.

Let's also not forget that Dark Seducers are Daedra who have no real fear of death (since they just return to their home plane).
    So, you know, getting stabbed in one of your armor windows is not so much of a big deal.
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Arena_Cover.png

Arena costumes ;)

Well, every time I go to the Kvatch Arena to listen to the "roar of the crowds," Codus always tells me about how the Spear Sisters beat the Iron Lion in nothing but their small clothes ...

Edited by CountEdmondDantes on June 23, 2017 6:14PM
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

Because girls need armor that fits and we need going to town outfits and lounging around the house outfits and.....well you get the point.

Please may we have a hide shoulders? (Like hide helmet)
  • Danika
    Danika
    ✭✭✭
    p2CTPjV.jpgMakes no difference to me if my female character shows a little ...    Like this outfit though...
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to dye the undergarments and have the option to hide each piece of gear just like we can do with our headgear now. This would open up some new and interesting options.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
This discussion has been closed.