Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do You All Want More "Mature" Costumes?

• Cardhwion
    Cardhwion
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because...

1. Armor with cleavage/other skin showing is simply stupid. Because these are exposed zones where every scratch gets through. So it's nonsense.

2. While those dress skins might be something for roleplayers, I can't see a serious character getting stuck in a swamp while wearing a formal dress. Might make for some fun RP but certainly not for regular play.

So nope. Less of that "adult" stuff would actually be preferred, where I am concerned.
    "Why did I follow him...? I don't know. Why do things happen as they do in dreams? All I know is that, when he beckoned... I had to follow him. From that moment, we traveled together, East. Always... into the East."
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter, because...
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    It doesn't matter because maturity isn't the issue here. If the PEGI age gate is here to prevent minors from experiencing adult themes (which is a completely ridiculous idea in the age of the Internet) then the amount of skin a character shows doesn't, by itself alone, trigger those adult themes.

A woman going to a yoga class could show a lot of skin. Is it erotic? Not necessarily. Compare that to certain scenes from television shows like Game of Thrones where the actors are completely dressed but still manage to convey a sense of very adult, erotic sensuality.

I agree with you on this: the amount of skin shown is both unrealistic and not lore correct. I'm not thinking of skin tight leather and steel underwear but bare arms and legs on some types of light armor would be realistic. And not just for women. Would it be sensual? That just depends on the person.

[For example: my daughter told me to go see the new Wonder Woman movie. She said it was an inspiring movie for women. So I went to see it. Afterwards, she sent me text and asked me what I thought. "Nice legs," was my answer.]

And none of this has anything to do with how mature anyone is. I'd just want to keep it realistic and lore-friendly.

But yes. The clothing styles are a bit unrealistic in this game for this day and age that the game is set in. UNLESS! Unless if they are: Dwemer, High Elf, Imperial, or Nord societies. Bretons and Dark Elves too somewhat, although they both have their very primal and wild groups of people too. See Ashlanders and Reachmen. Most of the gear should be very... Revealing and rather rag-like. Unless of course armoring and what not.

The only primal "wild groups" likely to wear revealing clothing are those who live in tropical/sub-tropical climes. Folks like the Nords who live up in the damned mountains and snow... Wearing revealing outfits, "wild" or not, is a recipe for freezing to death, even in temperate climates it's really easy to end up sick and dying from exposure if you're not covered up.

Folk most likely to show some skin include, Argonians, Khajit, Altmer, and Bosmer (maybe some really south-dwelling Imperials). Pretty much anyone else living exposed to the elements, as the primal types do, is gonna need to bundle up.

Edit: Incidentally, if you look at the clothing choices designed by ZOS, other than the Nord towel (which is designed for hot spring bathing) they've adhered pretty closely to what I've described above.

Logically? That is true. But lore-wise? That is incorrect (to a degree). The Nords especially, as damn near all their attire and what not was very revealing outside of their armoring and what not. They are always depicted as men and women dressed in furs and forms of hide for clothing. And as for a combatant to the extreme harshness of cold weather, they have a natural resistance to frost damage. Or coldness overall. And that's right there even as a racial bonus. Lol. It's what helps them survive in such a chilly and unforgiving environment like Skyrim for example.

Yes... To keep warm.
    That's what both fur and hide do best. But exposed skin (ie: uncovered by said furs or hides) would be endangered by the elements. Admittedly, Nords have a natural resistance, but not immunity. They can still freeze to death and realistically would still bundle up if they were living out in the wilderness.

Once you get into more urban areas, the situation changes a bit since temperature is more easily regulated indoors. So, city dweller costumes -might- be a bit more revealing if that's what Nord culture appreciates. But their Primal-wear wouldn't.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 23, 2017 6:20PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Arena_Cover.png

Arena costumes ;)

Well, every time I go to the Kvatch Arena to listen to the "roar of the crowds," Codus always tells me about how the Spear Sisters beat the Iron Lion in nothing but their small clothes ...

Arena's are more about entertainment than practicality.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never get a costume of Shadow Kamoshida. It's simply the best.
  • jeremybrittain22b14_ESO
    Yes, because...
    Yes, there is room for all tastes in this game, idk why this became some activist playground for people not wanting "to see" it, lol. Do you ever see women in shorts or a bathing suit or a guy in a speedo in real life do you demand they cover up or just let them be them? And PLEASE stop using "realism" for reasoning there is fireballs, cat and lizard people, its a fantasy game, literally, not a simultation for medieval warfare.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    One of the things i loathe about Asian MMO's is the skimpy clothing and armor. It isn't the worst problem on my list like the annoying anime art style or autopathing/autocombat but i would much rather have proper clothes for my toons.

Agreed. This isn't a JMMO or RPG.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't matter, because Naked Nords are naked!
    cheer.gif
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    My man Nord has been doing hundreds of Cleave swings, Rally presses and /pushups every day the last few years. Give the man some costumes to show off the guns along with the sleeve art. His blacksmith costume is in tatters and it is wearing thin.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I'm not asking for cyber-sex costumes.

But I have mounted someone's head on a pike, murdered several people, and done many other adult things.

I don't even have female characters. But for women (or men) who wear the duchess personality, it would be nice to see a seducing dress or something of a more adult nature. If that's your cup of tea.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there is room for all tastes in this game, idk why this became some activist playground for people not wanting "to see" it, lol. Do you ever see women in shorts or a bathing suit or a guy in a speedo in real life do you demand they cover up or just let them be them? And PLEASE stop using "realism" for reasoning there is fireballs, cat and lizard people, its a fantasy game, literally, not a simultation for medieval warfare.

Has anyone said they don't want "to see" anything?

I just want stuff to make sense and be aesthetically consistent. Yeah, it's a fantasy game of magic and mystery, but there's still a certain degree of realism we can expect and assume. We expect that sharp things still cut, we expect that (without magical intervention) physics still function, water will still drown you, and (presumably) being left out in the cold will result in freezing to death.

Can magic change those things? Sure. Is everyone wearing magical clothing? Probably not.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 23, 2017 6:30PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    My man Nord has been doing hundreds of Cleave swings, Rally presses and /pushups every day the last few years. Give the man some costumes to show off the guns along with the sleeve art. His blacksmith costume is in tatters and it is wearing thin.

Lowkey, I do want some costumes that are more revealing toward men. As I intentionally make all my male characters muscular af. Them boys been on the juice and whey, so why not let them show-off those sculpted figures? Lol. It doesn't even have to be extreme. Just some outfits that show-off the grand physique in a classy way. Like an untied robe of sorts, that shows the core and midsection off. So... An open robe. Lol.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I want char models to look more realistic. I've got a few curvy chars and their chests look kinda weird (they just look like they have very huge pecs), not to mention the monoboob effect they get while wearing some costumes. The costumes in this game are pretty modest compared to many other mmos and I dont think that more realistic cleavage would make them too risky or something. Take this costume for example.
    cD7Gmlr.jpg
    I like it but it really looks like my char has giant pectorals, which is kinda weird.
    And yeah, I dont really want to see armored bikinis, female chars with giant jiggling breasts etc, but I'd like to see less "barbie-doll" models. This game is M-rated, so it would make sense.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

Has anyone said they don't want "to see" anything?

I just want stuff to make sense and be aesthetically consistent. Yeah, it's a fantasy game of magic and mystery, but there's still a certain degree of realism we can expect and assume. We expect that sharp things still cut, we expect that (without magical intervention) physics still function, water will still drown you, and (presumably) being left out in the cold will result in freezing to death.

Can magic change those things? Sure. Is everyone wearing magical clothing? Probably not.

Water cannot drown you in this game and you can stand naked in the snow for days and you wont freeze and certainly wont die. Since those aren't possible then we can get the odd costumes? or since the costumes wouldn't fit over armor in any realistic scenario we might should just scrap them all
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    ...they're truly immature ;^)
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

Lowkey, I do want some costumes that are more revealing toward men. As I intentionally make all my male characters muscular af. Them boys been on the juice and whey, so why not let them show-off those sculpted figures? Lol. It doesn't even have to be extreme. Just some outfits that show-off the grand physique in a classy way. Like an untied robe of sorts, that shows the core and midsection off. So... An open robe. Lol.

Now that you mention it, I would love some more revealing get-ups for my male characters. I'm a sucker for dem arms, myself.
    NA PS4
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes, not because I am a pervert but because I would like to see a better range of options. IRL some cultures just wear less clothing than others, it's a fact so get over it prudes.

https://youtu.be/8iMye3_bxgY
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    HEXENWOLF wrote: »
    As a woman who often feels games prioritize the presentation of cleavage and legs in armor design... No, just no. Its nice to see women wearing practical armor for once. And, if you're really that interested in fake boobs, there is enough diversity of costumes to allow for that. I tried on Dark Seducer the other day and literally eye rolled.

as a woman with 14 female charaters who are all heavily tatoo'd i want a costume that would allow me to show off some of my tattoo designs.

i cant remember what its called but there is a design of wings, and there is not a single costume in the game that doesnt clip the wings on a female, even the base underwear characters wear clips the wings

a backless halterneck catsuit would be practical for fighting beasts while allowing my character to look sophisticated with the oh so important benefit of displaying her inky wings.
    western-women-s-sexy-lace-halter-neck-jumpsuits.jpg

Edited by bebynnag on June 23, 2017 6:53PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I want char models to look more realistic. I've got a few curvy chars and their chests look kinda weird (they just look like they have very huge pecs), not to mention the monoboob effect they get while wearing some costumes. The costumes in this game are pretty modest compared to many other mmos and I dont think that more realistic cleavage would make them too risky or something. Take this costume for example.
    cD7Gmlr.jpg
    I like it but it really looks like my char has giant pectorals, which is kinda weird.
    And yeah, I dont really want to see armored bikinis, female chars with giant jiggling breasts etc, but I'd like to see less "barbie-doll" models. This game is M-rated, so it would make sense.

I do agree with you, but 1 thing I am a tad bit confused about. What exactly is wrong with "jiggle physics"? I'm not saying that it needs to be overboard to the point that it makes people feel uncomfortable, and or stare at the bust primarily. As the chest region shouldn't be the focus of a character model, unless you're aiming there to impale or do damage to it. For example, I'll link a few examples of "jiggle physics" that I feel are modest but still get the point across that this is a female character.

Examples:
    tumblr_inline_nfaohccitR1r2xhmf.gif
    GIF.gif

All examples listed are mature, but not overboard. They don't make things too uncomfortable to look at, or NSFW. But rather make things more realistic. And since we are playing on next-gen consoles and PC's, why not take advantage of the processing power? If my character is wearing Dark Seducer or Cyrodiil Patrician Formal Gown while sprinting or riding their mount, there should be some jiggles going on. Not a lot, but enough to make a point.

I've always been a fan of realism in ESO (to a degree as this game does have magic and all that jazz), as I've always made threads about how blood should spray out upon certain skills being applied on character models. Why not have bruising or perhaps burns if effected by the burning status effect, or paling or bluing of skin if effected by frost damage? Or perhaps greening of the skin, if effected by poison damage and attacks. If you get Dizzying Swung by a 2H, you should see a squirt of blood spray upwards and outward upon connection. I'm not saying it has to reach levels of gore like Doom or Mortal Kombat, but it's silly how mild and tame ESO is for a rated M game. There is hardly even any profanity. Lol.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    More choice is better. Play as you want to play.
    PC EU
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes, not because I am a pervert but because I would like to see a better range of options. IRL some cultures just wear less clothing than others, it's a fact so get over it prudes.

Not just prudes, I really think that ZOS approach (lets give all female chars giant pectorals instead of breasts) is kind of misogynistic. Its like female body is shameful or something.
    And yeah, I'd imagine that Tamriel cultures would be more accepting when it comes to revealing outfits, females in ESO world have always been equal to men and there's no religions forcing them to cover themselves.

PC/EU
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I enjoy playing a game where not everything is about women's cleavage and ass... oh wait, I guess for some it still is. *eyeroll*
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. I'm ok with sexy costumes, but don't really care all that much. I have the Dark Seducer costume if I want my girls to wear something sexy. If they never put any more sexy costumes in the game, I'd be ok with that.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    cD7Gmlr.jpg

I do agree with you, but 1 thing I am a tad bit confused about. What exactly is wrong with "jiggle physics"? I'm not saying that it needs to be overboard to the point that it makes people feel uncomfortable, and or stare at the bust primarily. As the chest region shouldn't be the focus of a character model, unless you're aiming there to impale or do damage to it. For example, I'll link a few examples of "jiggle physics" that I feel are modest but still get the point across that this is a female character.

Examples:
    tumblr_inline_nfaohccitR1r2xhmf.gif
    GIF.gif

All examples listed are mature, but not overboard. They don't make things too uncomfortable to look at, or NSFW. But rather make things more realistic. And since we are playing on next-gen consoles and PC's, why not take advantage of the processing power? If my character is wearing Dark Seducer or Cyrodiil Patrician Formal Gown while sprinting or riding their mount, there should be some jiggles going on. Not a lot, but enough to make a point.

I've always been a fan of realism in ESO (to a degree as this game does have magic and all that jazz), as I've always made threads about how blood should spray out upon certain skills being applied on character models. Why not have bruising or perhaps burns if effected by the burning status effect, or paling or bluing of skin if effected by frost damage? Or perhaps greening of the skin, if effected by poison damage and attacks. If you get Dizzying Swung by a 2H, you should see a squirt of blood spray upwards and outward upon connection. I'm not saying it has to reach levels of gore like Doom or Mortal Kombat, but it's silly how mild and tame ESO is for a rated M game. There is hardly even any profanity. Lol.

Nothing wrong with jiggle physics, I was talking about exaggerated proportions AND jiggle physics, like in some Skyrim mods, where chars breasts are 2 times bigger that her head etc.
    I have nothing against sexy content as long as its tasteful. :)

PC/EU
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

Not just prudes, I really think that ZOS approach (lets give all female chars giant pectorals instead of breasts) is kind of misogynistic. Its like female body is shameful or something.
    And yeah, I'd imagine that Tamriel cultures would be more accepting when it comes to revealing outfits, females in ESO world have always been equal to men and there's no religions forcing them to cover themselves.

It does seem like that, come to think of it. When in fact there is nothin shameful about the female body. In fact, I think it's beautiful. Granted I'm a male. But still. The female physique is a work of art, in my opinion. Something beautiful to behold. And it should have as much freedom to be depicted as the male body. And if you don't want to cover-up, then don't. If you want to cover-up, that's absolutely fine too. Give equal choices.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... ZOS will just do as they damn please.

I do not like boobwindow and other similar sexy details, my characters are warriors, merchants, travellers, and crafters.

In any case there's no going back, revealing costumes are out there already.
    PC-EU
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GIF.gif

Just to make sure you're informed, this version of Juri from Street Fighter 5 is from a PC mod. This is not technically her 'official' looking model from Capcom itself.

There have been rumors about whether or not her skin was actually showing during Cammy's story mode. But ultimately, they put her in a latex black suit under neath her armor.

Me personally though, about her costume itself, I prefer the latex version. The black makes her pink/purple armor pop a lot better. But would also be fine with her boob window as long as it's stylishly classy.

Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 23, 2017 7:06PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    yes because all my characters have some awesome ink, and the only way to show that off at the moment is the graht climber & nordic bathers costume - and tbh 14 charcaters all wearing the same outfit is BORING!

This.

There are options for gorgeous ink - my altmer's are golden - but the only way to show it off is via the bare-chested pirate costume. All my chars have ink if possible but it's kinda pointless to have the option if it can be seen.

And as for realism - seriously? In a fantasy game? Really?!
    Edited by Hallothiel on June 23, 2017 7:05PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    This does not just apply to 'female' characters, which so many seem to be mentioning... it also applies to male characters as well. I love the Dark Shaman outfit, but would rather do without the HUGE shoulder and wrist armor and mage skirt. I also love the pirate costumes, but still something missing there too. So yes, I'd definitely be interested in more revealing outfits for men, as well as women. ;)

While there are some decent motifs in the game, ZOS has not introduced 'hide shoulders' yet, and they seem so intent on giving us huge, obnoxious shoulder armor with almost every motif.
    Edited by ADarklore on June 23, 2017 7:05PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Save the fan service for F2P phone games. I think the most "mature" costumes are the ones where women are wearing armor that looks like it'll actually protect them. Rather than a string bikini while having 20k mitigation.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Because this is my favorite costume. More like this would be great!

2vl5g01.jpg
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
This discussion has been closed.