The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to Log In to Game, Site, or Support

• NoheartDan
    NoheartDan
    ✭✭
    119.jpg
    "Dura lex, sed lex"
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    @zos_rich_lambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Despite an email from support saying that my account has been reactivated, still can't log in. Can this PLEASE be addressed for people who have already owned the game. The response from customer support is concerning to say the least.

I've owned this game since a preorder of the initial launch, and to be told that my account is going to be permanently deactivated in 24 hours is nothing short of infuriating, especially when I've entered my codes.

Something is mucked up in the process, and I'd hate to see you lose a significant chunk of your player base over it.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Update 5:45 PM Mountan US
    I got a second email from Support, based on my previous reply to them. They said my Morrowind Standard code was active. I was able to log into the game and had access to all content and perks that belonged in my account.

Considering the amount of people who were affected today by this (more then we know about, I am sure), I feel like though this got screwed up for us all, the turnaround for fixes happened in less then 12 hours for me, which I'm fine with. Sure, I wish it had not have happened in the first place, but I'm ok with the time it took to get this resolved.

Luck to the rest of you still dealing with this mess.

Final Note: When this mess first started for me, I realized that DURING the time I was playing this morning, I got an email regarding authenticating my account due to an IP change. Since I am not the ONLY person who this happened to today, I do find it a tad suspicious, but my IP does change every 6-8 months or so, and considering the number of people who was affected by this mess, it's possibly a few of us got affected by IP changes as well.

Update: 4:30 PM Mountain US.

1. My ESO+ membership actually DID expire today, and since my ACCOUNT was de-activated BEFORE the billing function kicked in, it did not auto-renew. Fixed.

2. Morrowind content is still not showing in my account, and my physical Morrowind game code is not being accepted when I use the "redeem' button. Code also re-sent to Support.

3. My ticket is still open. I am incensed that the email Support sent today claims I sent pre-order info about the Collectors edition, when my pre-order info clearly shows I ordered the Standard edition. I've re-sent my pre-order data to avoid any possible additional problems.

3:15 PM Mountain US
    1. I did get a response from Support about 2 hours later, and pretty much word for word, it's what others have reported in this thread. Since I provided my Morrowind Standard game code (which I had provded two other times) in the initial ticket that I sent in this morning, the data in the email does not contain the "24 hours" copy that some of you got. Since not EVERYTHING is fixed, I responded to the ticket by replying to the email.

2. I now can access my ZOS account, and my Support account (though I had to wait yet again to get an auto-email from Support regarding an access code to confirm *I* was trying to log in. Duh.

3. Having said this, my ESO+ membership is not active, and any and all "upgrades" concerning Morrowind are not showing in my account. Since I paid (and submitted the game code) for Morrowind Standard, I should at least see that in my account info.

4. I have not tried to log into the game because I'm sure I have a huge mess to deal with because of my lack of ESO+.
    Edited by Indigo_Shade on June 19, 2017 11:57PM
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never got my CE Physical copy. I called amazon to check on it and they gave me the runaround so I canceled the order. Im not going to buy it now. So, I have no code to put in. I just want my base game back. Is that too much to ask??
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Caligulove
    Caligulove
    ✭✭✭
    If this is not corrected, I will never again spend a dime on anything under the Bethesda Softworks banner, including Bethesda Game Studios.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Will not rest until this issue is addressed. Again, support is not being helpful, telling people if they do not put a code in for morrowind in 24 hrs they will have their accounts permanently disabled. Read thru this thread, give us a moment of your time and help us, please. We need real answers from real people.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • lowlypeon_ESO
    lowlypeon_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I wonder if they actually have ground to stand on to cancel users' base accounts. That doesn't seem very legitimate. Is there a reason they're not just reverting access as they've done for every other expansion?
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you at least confirm that those of us who already owned the base game will not loose our accounts? I dont care about morrowind access, but I very much care about my base game that I bought at launch.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought Morrowind via steam, proved it multiple times even when I was requesting for early access. Im cut off of my game and website account. I feel screwed like never.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Caligulove
    Caligulove
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please help us. We have been "given 24 hours" but still cannot log into our accounts.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you at least confirm that those of us who already owned the base game will not loose our accounts? I dont care about morrowind access, but I very much care about my base game that I bought at launch.

You won't lose your account, but you do need to get in touch with Support if you haven't already so they can get your account straightened out. If you haven't heard from them by tomorrow, please reply back in this thread and we'll check on the status.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

You won't lose your account, but you do need to get in touch with Support if you haven't already so they can get your account straightened out. If you haven't heard from them by tomorrow, please reply back in this thread and we'll check on the status.

Thank you Gina. I have put in a ticket. Waiting.
    GM of BYTE
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder how many people this is affecting. Also, what about all those poor peeps who don't even know the forums exist? :( I mean, you are completely locked out of your entire account, even the website.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    calia1120 wrote: »
    @zos_rich_lambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Something is mucked up in the process, and I'd hate to see you lose a significant chunk of your player base over it.

Why?? That's exactly what NEEDS to happen, for ZOS to finally take Customer Service seriously. This is beyond unacceptable...it's illegal.
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »

Why?? That's exactly what NEEDS to happen, for ZOS to finally take Customer Service seriously. This is beyond unacceptable...it's illegal.

Because I care about the game and the community. I wouldn't be spending my free time working on addons for the game if I didn't.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Polux
    Polux
    Soul Shriven
    I have same probleme. my account is suspended for nothing.
    And i can't log on my account to get the support...
    I paid about 300 € to play elder scroll online.
    Is not nothing and it would be time to take into consideration the players ...
    I will see if we can be helped by a society of help to the consumers.
    I think zenimax abuse of the consumeurs.
    cordially
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Watch out, they are locking these threads bc some mods think its about discipline. No. This is just about incompetence. Help your customers ZOS, stop locking threads talking about a REAL issue that MANY people are having.

Yes, I raised a seperate post before I knew of this one...and it was closed by mod. I've told mod what I think....politely of course, I don't want to get suspended...oh, hang on though
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Polux wrote: »
    I have same probleme. my account is suspended for nothing.
    And i can't log on my account to get the support...
    I paid about 300 € to play elder scroll online.
    Is not nothing and it would be time to take into consideration the players ...
    I will see if we can be helped by a society of help to the consumers.
    I think zenimax abuse of the consumeurs.
    cordially

Go to this link and fill out a support ticket.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/account_recovery
    GM of BYTE
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »

Because I care about the game and the community. I wouldn't be spending my free time working on addons for the game if I didn't.

If you truly cared about the "community", you'd be more upset with the way ZOS handles problems (or doesn't), than you would their bottom line.
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    Despite an email from support saying that my account has been reactivated, still can't log in.

Same situation for me. I guess I'm down to 22 hours now.

Also, my PS4 copy, which I rarely use and never did Morrowind early access with has been "Permanently banned" as well.
    Edited by DobbaDeuce on June 19, 2017 10:15PM
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
  • Caligulove
    Caligulove
    ✭✭✭
    This is unbelievable. My support rep marked my ticket solved and didn't respond to my emails.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is unbelievable. My support rep marked my ticket solved and didn't respond to my emails.

Just keep replying to it.
    GM of BYTE
  • Morbeious
    Morbeious
    DobbaDeuce wrote: »
    Despite an email from support saying that my account has been reactivated, still can't log in.

Same situation for me. I guess I'm down to 22 hours now.

Also, my PS4 copy, which I rarely use and never did Morrowind early access with has been "Permanently banned" as well.

Your not alone.. @DobbaDeuce I replied and asked when would i be able to long in, still NO answer
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When they do that to me, I just keep responding to the same ticket, sometimes you have to stay on them. Don't make another ticket just keep telling them that your issue is not resolved. Don't give up!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Viva la Byte
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like I will have to find something to do....

Going to bed early it would seem lol
    GM of BYTE
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all Morrowind-based, right? I'm not sure what's even going on here. There is no requirement to own Morrowind to continue to play ESO, but if you ordered the Physical Collector's Edition and applied for the pre-launch grace period and still haven't put in the Morrowind code from the box, that would probably be the cause of the issue. Your account has likely been upgraded for Morrowind but only to the extent the grace period allows for. It's like the opposite situation of the people who pre-ordered Morrowind but thought they'd still be able to play the base game before launch. If your account is active with the Morrowind SKU (for want of a better term), then you need to enter a Morrowind code to play, base game or otherwise.

Well, if thats what they are going to do....then I guess this is the end. Im not buying morrowind. I dont understand how they can permanently deactivate my account. I paid for it 3 years ago. I dont need morrowind to play eso right? Soooooooo, why??
    Does your account say The Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind on it? If so, I think that's the problem. Your account has already been changed because you provided proof of purchase, but cancelling the pre-order will have resulted in an obscure case where the account is waiting for something that will never happen. Downgrading an account may not be so easy, but hopefully should be technically possible.
    Edited by Enodoc on June 19, 2017 10:56PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome, lmao. Did the Bytes get the ban? What is going on, lol. Sorry to hear about it. I'm in the same boat.
  • Caligulove
    Caligulove
    ✭✭✭
    I'm done my shift in 10 minutes. I'd better be able to log in by the time I get home.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Awesome, lmao. Did the Bytes get the ban? What is going on, lol. Sorry to hear about it. I'm in the same boat.

Vyle's account is fine. We didn't preorder hers. Just mine. I ordered from amazon. It didn't arrive so I called them and long story short, they lost my business. So I figured they would just deny me access to Morrowind when I didn't have a code to put in. I even cleared out the gear on the Warden I had made. Figured they would just lock that toon or delete it. They decided to suspend my entire account instead. Go figure. As long as I get my base game back, idc.
    GM of BYTE
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is some of the most unprofessional cap I have ever seen. So, it's our responsibility to go and fill out this form cause your system screwed up our accounts. You know if I did something like this in my job, screwed up an account then told the customer, here fill out these forms, I would be surprized if that customer came back or bought another item from me. Excellent work ZOS, excellent