The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unable to Log In to Game, Site, or Support

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    This is all Morrowind-based, right? I'm not sure what's even going on here. There is no requirement to own Morrowind to continue to play ESO, but if you ordered the Physical Collector's Edition and applied for the pre-launch grace period and still haven't put in the Morrowind code from the box, that would probably be the cause of the issue. Your account has likely been upgraded for Morrowind but only to the extent the grace period allows for. It's like the opposite situation of the people who pre-ordered Morrowind but thought they'd still be able to play the base game before launch. If your account is active with the Morrowind SKU (for want of a better term), then you need to enter a Morrowind code to play, base game or otherwise.

Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Well, if thats what they are going to do....then I guess this is the end. Im not buying morrowind. I dont understand how they can permanently deactivate my account. I paid for it 3 years ago. I dont need morrowind to play eso right? Soooooooo, why??
    Does your account say The Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind on it? If so, I think that's the problem. Your account has already been changed because you provided proof of purchase, but cancelling the pre-order will have resulted in an obscure case where the account is waiting for something that will never happen. Downgrading an account may not be so easy, but hopefully should be technically possible.

I have no idea what my account says on it now. They have locked all of our accounts. None of us can access the website or game. When last I checked, my account did say "Morrowind" so, Im sure thats the problem but I dont see why they are having so much trouble fixing it. Im no IT guy tho.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To tell your customers who sub, pay for this product to be patient and fill out this form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible is just deplorable and bad business
    Edited by MajBludd on June 19, 2017 11:01PM
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    It has now been nearly 3 hours since I was told my account was temporarily reactivated and I still can't log into the account page, still says suspended.
    Edited by calia1120 on June 19, 2017 11:04PM
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Morbeious
    Morbeious
    @zos_rich_lambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

For those of us that received the response that our account will be unsuspended for 24hrs, can one of you atleast get an answer as to when our account will be unsuspended so that we can add the code's again? If not when will we be notified as of when the 24hr will start?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will be notified in 25hrs after the 24hr window expires
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least you got an email, I have yet to get any kind of response @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Morbeious
    Morbeious
    MajBludd wrote: »
    You will be notified in 25hrs after the 24hr window expires

Based on what I've seen, that my be closer to the correct answer... I fear!!.. lol

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its after hours. I highly doubt they are going to fix this tonight.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course not, I know when my customers have an issue I say, " Hey, hold that thought. It's 5pm, I'm off for the day. Catch you later, bud."
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I would like to see is a big red banner at the top of the forums saying....

"We are aware of the issue some are having logging into your game accounts, we are working on it. Dont worry, we got you"
    Edited by Valen_Byte on June 19, 2017 11:18PM
    GM of BYTE
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of people who have this problem. I created a ticket as @ZOS_GinaBruno suggested, but for now, I can't play.

Considering I paid over $100 for this and now cannot play the game tonight (or until this gets resolved), wow. C'mon, this is really pretty bad.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is some of the most unprofessional cap I have ever seen. So, it's our responsibility to go and fill out this form cause your system screwed up our accounts. You know if I did something like this in my job, screwed up an account then told the customer, here fill out these forms, I would be surprized if that customer came back or bought another item from me. Excellent work ZOS, excellent
    I still don't understand how the system has screwed up the accounts. Did you apply for the Morrowind grace period, or not? Have you added your game code yet, or not? Both of those things are on you, albeit with the second one being dependent on delivery services that neither you nor ZOS have control over.

Perhaps ZOS should have made Morrowind an account perk, rather than a separate account altogether. Then it would probably be easier to manage.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Added code as soon as I got my copy of Morrowind. Which was the 6th. Any other questions?
    Edited by MajBludd on June 19, 2017 11:27PM
  • NoheartDan
    NoheartDan
    ✭✭
    Are you a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series?

Did you buy the physical expansion of the game, which by the way is more expensive than virtual?

Do not worry!

We love our customers!

In addition to suspending your account and all of your content, we will block your access to the site and online support.

But still, do not worry.

After receiving an email saying that you only have 24 hours to enter code that you did not receive, even though you paid for a game before it was released, you will not be able to access both the account and the game.

But you need to enter the code, we even accept the smoke signal as a form of communication, since the online systems of this large company are suffering a DDOS attack.

But do not worry, if you can not enter the access code in 24 hours, we will ONLY permanently block your access to the game for eternity.

Not satisfied?

Do not worry, in addition, we also permanently block your access to your PS4 account, even though it has never been linked to a Morrowind expansion.

If you have any questions or issues, please respond to this message, and we'd be happy to provide assistance.

Best regards!

Date Created: 06/19/2017 02:41 PM
    Date Last Updated: 06/19/2017 02:39 PM
    "Dura lex, sed lex"
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I have not heard anything on my ticket yet. This is the ticket number 170619-004592
    GM of BYTE
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand how the system has screwed up the accounts. Did you apply for the Morrowind grace period, or not? Have you added your game code yet, or not? Both of those things are on you, albeit with the second one being dependent on delivery services that neither you nor ZOS have control over.

Perhaps ZOS should have made Morrowind an account perk, rather than a separate account altogether. Then it would probably be easier to manage.

The problem isn't just with people who haven't entered codes, its also happening to many people who did enter their codes, even when they first got them. It seems to be something tied to physical copies. One of the posters in here was even on Playstation, not pc and had NO access to the morrowind grace period.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Morbeious
    Morbeious
    This is some of the most unprofessional cap I have ever seen. So, it's our responsibility to go and fill out this form cause your system screwed up our accounts. You know if I did something like this in my job, screwed up an account then told the customer, here fill out these forms, I would be surprized if that customer came back or bought another item from me. Excellent work ZOS, excellent

@Enodoc your optimism is great, but the issue is with ZOS.. Some of us installed the new code, and still got suspended.. then ZOS support responded that our accounts would be unsuspended so that we could install the code again, but yet that hasn't been done either.. leaving us waiting with no response from anyone..
  • NoheartDan
    NoheartDan
    ✭✭

@Enodoc your optimism is great, but the issue is with ZOS.. Some of us installed the new code, and still got suspended.. then ZOS support responded that our accounts would be unsuspended so that we could install the code again, but yet that hasn't been done either.. leaving us waiting with no response from anyone..

We can suspend your ps4 account in the meantime while you wait

B)
    "Dura lex, sed lex"
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, sorry to double post, but I'm really frustrated here. First, I'm suspended and I have no idea why. I submit a ticked and of course hear nothing.

Fine. These things happens. But really, it comes as a very sour disappointment AFTER I received my physical collectors edition, which I ordered on Amazon. The package arrived and I was ... annoyed. The Dwarven Colossos statute is not what I expected (I guess I expected something metal or metal-based at least ... it's not). Fair enough, that's my bad.

What was annoying is the box had been ... opened. It had all the appearances of being a returned item. That packaging was damaged (one corner of the sleeve that covers the box was ripped). It now has NO collectors value.

I tried to explain it to this to Amazon and they stated it had been shipped that way. Fine, I'll accept this. At least I have the contents. I paid over $100 and I guess I'm okay.

And this morning ... my account is suspsended - and it will take at least 24 hours to sort this out. Wow. Wow. Just wow.

Based the infromation released at E3 interview, there are 10 million people playing this game. Clearly, I am not one of the important ones.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added code as soon as I got my copy of Morrowind. Which was the 6th. Any other questions?
    Well I would ask for your Account Status and the last few entries of your Billing History, since they might be useful to diagnose the issue, but I'm assuming you can't log in to your account on the website either.

For example, mine says:

THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: MORROWIND® DIGITAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION
    Member Since January 7, 2014

Account Status
    Active

Billing History
    Order # Date Product Price
    PPKW599TA5M7HRX 4/12/2017 Morrowind® Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade MXKD7RE6YRMC7AJC9NR4 £49.99GBP
    — 5/15/2017 Morrowind® Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade F9RHG3T39G4HYNKLT55J — —
    — 6/6/2017 Morrowind® Access/Entitlements - Compensatory YAM4RD5NLKNXRXWATWMM — —

I have no idea why the DCEU was applied twice and I'm not really sure what the Access/Entitlements does that's separate from the DCEU, but if you remember seeing or not seeing anything similar after you put the code in, that may be helpful. I believe the code you put in should be the one under the product name, so if you're able to find the code in your Billing History you would be able to see whether it was applied properly. But of course that involves actually being able to get into your account.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    But of course that involves actually being able to get into your account.

That's kind of the problem for us ... :(

Here's my ticket number: 170619-004699. Thanks for any help you can give.

• NoheartDan
    NoheartDan
    ✭✭
    Well I would ask for your Account Status and the last few entries of your Billing History, since they might be useful to diagnose the issue,

I can diagnose the issue for you:

bug.jpg

"Dura lex, sed lex"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand how the system has screwed up the accounts.

My guess is that it is as simple as some software program designed to catch people who had not entered their physical edition keys not recognizing the physical edition keys. Why they would auto-ban rather than simply removing Morrowind and setting the account back to the base game is a mystery, though.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Caligulove
    Caligulove
    ✭✭✭
    ocov3oltjjay.jpg

What a colossal waste of money
    Edited by Caligulove on June 19, 2017 11:59PM
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the "temp access" email. Went to website to log in, had to do the "new IP" verification thing, and it worked. Im in game and website now. Well, for 24 hrs at least.

So if you got that email but cant get in game, log into the website first. Might help.

I did reply to the "if we dont here from you in...blah blah blah" to make sure the ticket stays open.
    GM of BYTE
  • Nymwe
    Nymwe
    Soul Shriven
    I had preordered the physical edition but had to downgrade to digital base, I submitted a ticket to support and they said it was taken care of and there wouldn't be any issues with switching editions.. Didn't expect to see my account locked and threatened to be terminated in 24h :(

@ZOS_GinaBruno if y'all could make sure my account isn't deleted - lot of good memories from the game. The ticket number is 170527-002352

• Caligulove
    Caligulove
    ✭✭✭
    Wait so they send you another email saying you now have temporary access? I don't get it.
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

WOW....you should have your "community ambassador" title revoked ASAP.
  • Caligulove
    Caligulove
    ✭✭✭
    My ticket ( 170619-003264) is jacked. Thank you, Madison, for not replying.
  • Morbeious
    Morbeious
    4 hours and my account is still not unsuspended, even though i received an email stating it was for 24hrs [Incident: 170619-003397

@zos_rich_lambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom