Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Morrowind: An expansion or just a sugar coated DLC?

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    A TON of work went in to this. You can tell as soon as you play it.

A ton of work went into Orsinium too.

Honestly, it's one zone. When you ask for the 40 dollars without any other information, it's disconcerting. Lets compare this games content added to WoW's.

This game added Vvardenfell, one zone, around 30 hours of content.

By contrast, WoW adds five. Five zones.

WoW, adds two new raids. God knows how many dungeons. This expansion, adds one raid.

WoW, adds a new class, and a new legendary weapon system. On par there. Difference is, WoW didn't nerf most of the classes just to make the new one look good. From what I hear, it isn't even that great compared to the other classes.

You might go 'it's not fair to compare this game to WoW! It's charging less money!" By about twenty dollars. Suck it up, sunshine, ZOS has still stepped into the same buisness practice, and should be judgeable by the same standards.

This is glorified DLC, named an 'expansion' so that people cant weasle out of paying the ZOS piper who eternally wants your money like a thirsty ***, by paying with the crowns you got via subbing. It's a shite DLC parading in a expansions skin trying to get your money before you figure out what it's doing, nothing more, everything less. It's not. Worth. Buying.

Yet the corporate thralls (A term I found recently and have fallen in love with) will use every arguement with variations based on 'but I feel like ZOS deserves your money' to justify it to you. Dont be fooled. Buy this when it seems like ZOS has it's stuff together, if it ever appears like it.

In closing. Let me let you in on a secret about buisness.

The buisness is just there to make money. And I'm just here to get my moneys worth. And I dont care how hard you tried, how much crunch time you put into it, though I will say I probably dont blame the majority of the ZOS staff, just the people at the top. No. I dont care how much went into it. If it's not a good deal, your not geting my dime. It's that simple. And this isn't worth your dime when compared to the standard. For a "expansion', I'd say, this isn't worth the money. If it were a DLC, we'd talk. But not as an expansion.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on May 31, 2017 3:42PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally if I was making the decisions.

The Vvadenfel zone would be DLC.
    However, a bunch of the additional work such the new tutorial would not be in it.

Battlegrounds would be its own DLC like Imperial city. I would release it later in the year. Allowing more development resources given to Vvandefel

Warden would be purchasable with crowns, seperately, and not connected to Morrowind. It has no particular connection to it there is no reason it had to be connected.

Basically instead of one large lump of content I would sell each part seperately, probably for a higher price than how they are combined now but available to mix and match your experience.

Are you a PVP player? get Battlegrounds and Warden. Just a PVE player go for the vvandenfell zone and Halls of fabication but you probably don't need Warden. Get it?

I feel like the issue is that ZoS is not using the Mircotransaction method as well as they could be, by just bypassing it and releasing an expansion. They seem to be one foot in the new way and one foot in the old way and can't decide what they want to be.

I do no object to thier need to make money from thier work, particularly the great work of the artists and animators which is really great in vvandenfel. Although there is an issue of a lack of interiors of buildings and ruins in Vvandenfel that could really of used more time and not slamming into a deadline.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Personally if I was making the decisions.

The Vvadenfel zone would be DLC.
    However, a bunch of the additional work such the new tutorial would not be in it.

Battlegrounds would be its own DLC like Imperial city. I would release it later in the year. Allowing more development resources given to Vvandefel

Warden would be purchasable with crowns, seperately, and not connected to Morrowind. It has no particular connection to it there is no reason it had to be connected.

Basically instead of one large lump of content I would sell each part seperately, probably for a higher price than how they are combined now but available to mix and match your experience.

Are you a PVP player? get Battlegrounds and Warden. Just a PVE player go for the vvandenfell zone and Halls of fabication but you probably don't need Warden. Get it?

I feel like the issue is that ZoS is not using the Mircotransaction method as well as they could be, by just bypassing it and releasing an expansion. They seem to be one foot in the new way and one foot in the old way and can't decide what they want to be.

I do no object to thier need to make money from thier work, particularly the great work of the artists and animators which is really great in vvandenfel. Although there is an issue of a lack of interiors of buildings and ruins in Vvandenfel that could really of used more time and not slamming into a deadline.

I think most would agree with my meme "you're something else" cause a lot of what your comment mentions involves a lot of player complaints about being beat over the head and monetized for every little thing.
    a253764a88c28c61ed1d6aaa2055fff7.jpg

Glad you're not on the board or in charge however, it seems your mindset is that of the decision makers because literally they've taken existing development and segmented it to smaller pieces.

Go watch that very old QualeCon video...in what 2013.....so basically they are just releasing finished content and only making updates as their base game changes years later on purpose.

Everything in Morrowind if you listen to the devs talk about it was 3 years or longer ago

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 31, 2017 4:18PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    Well it's a DLC if you compare it to Orsinium, but the business model changed around TG and we will never see something of the same magnitude as Orsinium as a DLC anymore.

So all DLC's this big will be called chapter from now on and smaller dungeon packs and releases like DB/TG will be the DLC's we can expect from now on.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    It's just another dlc but I'd rather have them go this route rather than go F2P.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    It's just another dlc but I'd rather have them go this route rather than go F2P.

Funny cause it's a F2P design now.

Other than spending $10-$19 what's the difference?
    All games that go F2P start out charging and requiring a sub then they say no sub requirement and add ingame cash to virtual currency and sale items monthly based on ingame currency and charge real
    Money for QoL improvements.

It's already a F2P model

how-did-we-get-to-the-point-where-freemium-games-2880204.png

Notice the meme remark....game use to cost me &14.99/month for access to everything

Now it's $14.99/month plus $39-$59 annually and $24-$$$$$ for crowns if I want cosmetics outside of my crowns froma sub

OH FYI, Xbox one subs don't get crowns without creating tickets monthly.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 31, 2017 4:34PM
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Morrowind was a DLC plain and simple. Was defined as something different and subscription context was changed to give a new avenue of revenue for Z0$ because too many people were smart and subbed for 1 month, cleared out the DLC in ~2days and never went back.

They have caught people with subscription already by continually adding and buffing existing items to the game over 3 years but didn't increase or address storage solutions (Until 1 week ago with banker doubled) so many subb'ed just for the craft bag.

Now those players and the achievement hunters will have to purchase for a lot more cost to do the same. If Z0$ aren't selling crates with Maelstorm weapons in them by 12 months i will be very surprised.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    The term chapter relates to a novel in most cases. Now if they said this was the beginning of a new book (not chapter) for ESO, sort of like the main quests, which is going to be this huge story line that will go forward from here, I'd be a bit more hesitant in my disappointment. If more quests and things are coming to what we paid for here, that would be great. I don't know why they aren't already here but okay, fine. Morrowind is the beginning of a whole new main quest for the game. You can do the old one or the new one and of course each when done with the other. That would be fantastic.

But this feels like this is it. The main quest of the DLC wraps up. Azura is happy. Vivec is happy. The bad guys are dealt with. No promise of anything more. That's not to say they couldn't introduce it later but it should already be present. I haven't done the trail, maybe that points somewhere else. In any case, I am not going to shell out at least $40 to read this book. And if these land DLCs are going to just be once a year, I probably will have lost interest in long before the next chapter. They built this up then didn't deliver. Its a shame and it happens. Its dreadful it happen with this first one with the method of obtaining it becoming a sore spot. It probably was a good seller but it left the wrong impression.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    Firor tried to justify the retail release, but all he did is make himself sound out of touch. Quarterly content updates aren't aggressive. ESO really isn't as special a snowflake as he thinks it is. We don't need new classes or systems forced into the game every year just because. Do you know what else hamstrings a production? When you take entire *** months off instead of doing work. If one person would take a laptop home in December and decorate a land mass while eating fruitcake and singing carols, large zones could get finished.

But this team doesn't work efficiently. They're entitled. They're lackadaisical. They treat their product more like an ugly toddler they're forced to babysit than something they're actually passionate about. And that's a problem. When you have a fan base who is more passionate about your product than you are, that's a problem. Because then you just release *** and expect your cheerleaders to defend it for you.

It's only eight days into early access, and I've already lost enthusiasm when I should be having fun and at least a few '*** yeah!' moments. While I don't have an issue with the price I paid, I do have a serious issue with the lack of engagement. New content is growing more and more familiar and pedestrian. If that continues, even getting the content for free with ESO+ wouldn't change its monotony...

Firorquote for reference:
    "This cadence is perfect for smaller additions, but we've found that this approach is so aggressive that it hamstrings us a bit when it comes to introducing updates larger than DLC – that is, updates that include new content as well as features like system changes, new abilities, and new classes. This is why we are evolving to deliver some updates as “Chapters," with the target of having one Chapter per year.

In any other game of this type, these would be called “expansions" – but ESO is a game unlike any other. Because ESO is not level-based, Chapters don't fit the general definition of an “expansion," which typically, in MMO-speak, means it is aimed only at existing (and usually high level) players. Chapters in ESO are different. Each ESO Chapter will feature a self-contained story and zone that can be experienced by itself without needing to travel out to the main game."
    signing off
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Firor tried to justify the retail release, but all he did is make himself sound out of touch. Quarterly content updates aren't aggressive. ESO really isn't as special a snowflake as he thinks it is. We don't need new classes or systems forced into the game every year just because. Do you know what else hamstrings a production? When you take entire *** months off instead of doing work. If one person would take a laptop home in December and decorate a land mass while eating fruitcake and singing carols, large zones could get finished.

But this team doesn't work efficiently. They're entitled. They're lackadaisical. They treat their product more like an ugly toddler they're forced to babysit than something they're actually passionate about. And that's a problem. When you have a fan base who is more passionate about your product than you are, that's a problem. Because then you just release *** and expect your cheerleaders to defend it for you.

It's only eight days into early access, and I've already lost enthusiasm when I should be having fun and at least a few '*** yeah!' moments. While I don't have an issue with the price I paid, I do have a serious issue with the lack of engagement. New content is growing more and more familiar and pedestrian. If that continues, even getting the content for free with ESO+ wouldn't change its monotony...

"This cadence is perfect for smaller additions, but we've found that this approach is so aggressive that it hamstrings us a bit when it comes to introducing updates larger than DLC – that is, updates that include new content as well as features like system changes, new abilities, and new classes. This is why we are evolving to deliver some updates as “Chapters," with the target of having one Chapter per year.

In any other game of this type, these would be called “expansions" – but ESO is a game unlike any other. Because ESO is not level-based, Chapters don't fit the general definition of an “expansion," which typically, in MMO-speak, means it is aimed only at existing (and usually high level) players. Chapters in ESO are different. Each ESO Chapter will feature a self-contained story and zone that can be experienced by itself without needing to travel out to the main game."

To be fair I don't think it's all this

My observation has been....developers are there who are passionate and who work their butts off.

BUT content gets almost finished and back burnered until it can fit into their highly monetizing scheduled releases.

Funny how they are hiring for a monetizing position on their job site along with a long standing posting for console Dev and a few other positions like service and MODs.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not sugar coated...it's moonsugar coated...
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its definitely an expansion
    A lot of people rush through it or focus on a single bit of its content. But if you take time you can see how much work went in to this chapter. Most are simply expecting to much, but in terms of content it rivles most 60 USD packs. To those who are saying they got more when they bought eso in the first place let me remind you wow can be said the same. Now days its 100+ bucks to get in to. Base game is 20 and the expansions as well cost money. The latest one was 60 bucks or 80 if you wanted the bells and whistles.
    Edited by jircris11 on May 31, 2017 5:09PM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It added a new class and a new area; it's an expansion.

DLC content uses the same game system, doesnt add anything new to abilities/classes, and only adds a new specific part of the game.

Edited by Minno on May 31, 2017 5:08PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    It is Orsinium with a new class tacked on. It has Battlegrounds instead of MA, which admittedly uses more server resources and is more complex. On the other hand, Everyone can find a use for VMA gear drops, while Battlegrounds only appeal to a subset of the player base and has zero appeal to many of us.

On the other hand, if they broke this down to 3 crown store items, Morrowind, Warden, and Battlegrounds, it likely would have been the same price for all of it. Personally, I would have skipped Battlegrounds.
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am really torn between the two actually...maybe I should have said 'other'.

I picked expansion mainly because of the new class and all the things (lore, skills, balance etc) that go into it. It is a beautiful land with really great music.

I want to say DLC because I, the filthy causal that I am, already finished it days ago. I did not do battle grounds because I don't particularly care for PvP, but I did do every single quest, delve and the public dungeon got the librarian title etc. It took maybe 20 hours.

The only thing I have left to do is achievements, which I may or may not ever do.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    DLC. Yeah, I'm not spending more money on crown in the future, dev is too greedy.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    The public dungeons were done right (borderline Epic proportions).

The delves are far to empty (non-instanced, and get cleared out far faster than things, bosses especially, can spawn.)

A bit disheartening that so many things are just placeholders with inactive doors, invisible walls, or areas you can see but not access.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My observation has been....developers are there who are passionate and who work their butts off.

BUT content gets almost finished and back burnered until it can fit into their highly monetizing scheduled releases.

Funny how they are hiring for a monetizing position on their job site along with a long standing posting for console Dev and a few other positions like service and MODs.

23 jobs currently open:
    https://jobs.zenimax.com/locations/view/7

My favs are the COMBAT and CONTENT designers... can we get some qualified people to apply please?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC

23 jobs currently open:

My favs are the COMBAT and CONTENT designers... can we get some qualified people to apply please?

What's concerning to me isn't that they have or may acquire what some consider as unqualified, but let's talk about if the folks on staff or those who may have left were qualified or over qualified. What if they hire more qualified staff, but we continue to experience the same outcomes.

Could it be the leadership and not the staff?
    I'd suggest that some folks who were involved with Mythic Entertainment as a developer who are and were here, have the same results over 13 years ago.

Lots of content in a similar design fashion with the almost exact same issues

Lag in PvP
    Balance issues
    Bugs without a resolution
    New content adding more bugs
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    No comtent was far better with sage and konkel. IC was a very good dlc and i hate pvp . It was far better then anything that jas been released
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    I was (overly) excited - Morrowind has a deep emotional resonance.

So far I'm disappointed. Definitely underwhelmed with the whole area and the way it plays :(

One thing the original game had was a sense of bewilderment and menace, while you didn't always understand what was going on you always knew that there could be something nasty round the corner waiting for you.

And cliffracers.

The closest that ESO came to that idea of menace was letting VR1 players in to Craglorn, severely under-powered compared to the beasts and baddies. But that went with One Tamriel, and now everywhere is a walk in the park. And maybe because Morrowind used to have such oppressive menace as you were wandering round in ash storms waiting for something to attack you, today's Vvardenfell seems like I should put on a frock and have a picnic.

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    aa2aedbe678b0541bdb169dfa6f9b97f.jpg

ES III Vvardenfell map.

Can we get a Map of ESO Vvardenfell with everything filled in to compare?

And how many of the locations in ESO Vvardenfell are just points of interest with nothing to do there, how many of the ruins are inaccessible, Sheogorad inaccessible etc?

Sadly ESO Morrowind is just a pale imitation of Vvardenfell.

I certainly never expected a map with 200 plus hours of content like ES III but 30 hours is a paltry amount of content to sell at full box price.

It's a DLC. And a half empty one at that.

To be fair... There's places on the new Morrowind map which aren't marked on that one, and places on that map which don't exist yet in the timeline.

Not to mention that, even though ES:III had a lot more locations, a good number of them were pretty irrelevant distractions. So many hours spent going, "Oh cool a new cave! [two hours later] Well, I guess I found some lock picks in there."

I've got enough overland area full of nothin' I don't need three dozen caves fulla nothin' too.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A flying mount would have been nice. So would a "constant effect" ring of levitation.

You know, the crippled Dwemer guy we saw in Tel Fyr in TES 3 should be around during ESO times, only younger and maybe not bound to a modified spider walker yet. How come we didn't meet him?

Halls of Fabrication is the new Trial, it's located at/near Tel Fyr and is Dwemer in nature. I haven't been in there so this is only speculation, but maybe he's in there?
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

23 jobs currently open:

What's concerning to me isn't that they have or may acquire what some consider as unqualified, but let's talk about if the folks on staff or those who may have left were qualified or over qualified. What if they hire more qualified staff, but we continue to experience the same outcomes.

I'd suggest that some folks who were involved with Mythic Entertainment as a developer who are and were here, have the same results over 13 years ago.

Lag in PvP
    Balance issues

I love this post... Because I have seen first hand too many times now where the root problem is management. It's even harder to find decent management, than it is to find decent technical staff. I can't remember the last time I encountered a decent Management staff.. so much crap in the current management focus... let us call it "metrics" and adherence to (in word is not deed) BS "quality assurance" schemes like TQM, aka ISO whatever we're up to now.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC

23 jobs currently open:

Lag in PvP
    Balance issues

I love this post... Because I have seen first hand too many times now where the root problem is management. It's even harder to find decent management, than it is to find decent technical staff. I can't remember the last time I encountered a decent Management staff.. so much crap in the current management focus... let us call it "metrics" and adherence to (in word is not deed) BS "quality assurance" schemes like TQM, aka ISO whatever we're up to now.

Agreed, I loved the post. ZOS needs to hire more talent.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Server - PC/NA
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's expansion. I was sick over the holiday and played 7 hours a day, and still haven't finished all storylines.

The storylines are excellent, the artwork of the dungeons and towns is amazing...there are some things that you will only see once, unless you play a dif character, so you might catch yourself Screen shotting or just gazing. There are a few unique and fun quests. 4 dailies, and so many things to discover.

I haven't even touched battlegrounds or the Trail yet either, or Warden.

I see some people in guild complaining it is small, but they aren't even running dungeons, they are just chest hunting lol.
    Edited by Hexquisite on May 31, 2017 10:51PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Toophat82
    Toophat82
    Its just another DLC
    While you can see alot of work went into morrowind content wise it still feels like just a large DLC more so then an a full expansion. It makes sense though expansions for mmos from my experience normally run you the price of a full game at lowest $40 to $60 highest and provide you with an amount of content while not exactly on the scale of a full game still closer to it then any DLC. Now DLC for mmos the size of morrowind will run you at lowest $20 to $40 highest on any mmos nowadays from my experience so honestly not surprised with pricing for morrowwind alone even though advertising is misleading as far as what your really getting but pricing while a little pricey is still close to and within what they normally charge for a DLC the size of morrowind on any mmo these days personally though i think $30 would have been more fair for amount of content provided.
    Edited by Toophat82 on June 9, 2017 9:29PM
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Roughly the same amount of content as Wrothgar.

Morrowind was marketed as having a land mass about 30% larger than Wrothgar, which is technically true. However, the actual size of the explorable land in Morrowind is only about 7% larger due to the volcano that you can't do anything with.

Wrothgar has slightly more quests.

Both gave us two public dungeons.

Neither one gave any group dungeons.

Wrothgar gave us Maelstrom Arena.

Morrowind gave us one trial.

• Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Morrowind feels like it would sit somewhere between free content and DLC.
    Server - PC/NA
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    I have only spent a couple of hours there but feel it is not really that different to Orsinium, which was a DLC.

As a subscriber I am definitely disappointed and feel like I am the victim of a slight of hand.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.