Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Morrowind: An expansion or just a sugar coated DLC?

• The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Legoless wrote: »
    The content is really great, but the pricetag is off.

I completely agree with this comment. For what the team did, they did an incredible job. I love the detail, but sadly it feels like a huge waste of potential. That's intended as a compliment, because the world they created with Morrowind could be so incredibly expansive. I really, really, really hope that they continue to add more quests and areas to explore within this 'expac.' However, for what it is now, it's just too light on content for the pricetag, imo.

For anyone who doesn't mind missing out on the pre-order items (that Warden costume is a really nice costume >.>), I would honestly say please wait for a sale.

[EDIT ADDITION] I'm definitely not saying that this should have been sold in separate chunks on the crown store. I think the package was a smart idea. I do think it should be sold as it is, but it should have had either more content for the price or a cheaper price (20$-30$).
    Edited by The_Undefined on May 29, 2017 10:55PM
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    It's better than Wrothgar, but still just a DLC, probably could've been priced at 8-10000 crowns and done fine, but then us ESO+ people would've just coasted along and not bought it. Warden could've been made a crown-unlockable class, and the battlegrounds a crown-unlockable activity, and that wouldn't have broken the DLC model.

But since I got the physical collector's set with a Dunmer book & Dwemer statue, to match my Imperial book & Molag Bal statue, I'm less inclined to *** about the price tag. There's a game with my tchotchkes? Bonus!
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    Too big to be DLC. Too small to be expansion.
    But I really like it anyways.
    Edited by Ladislao on May 29, 2017 11:33PM
    Everything is viable
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its definitely an expansion
    DpQ9YJl.png
    Its called a chapter.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    It's like Orsinium with a new class lol. I found Orsinium more time consuming and fun than Morrowind tbh. Even VMA was more difficult than the new trial currently is.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other?
    It's more like a DLC bundle.

If they hadn't changed their business model to add a type of DLC that is not included in the sub, can't be bought with crowns and is a bit pricier than previous DLC, they probably could have milked this into 2, maybe even 3 DLC: Vvardenfell definitely as one and the Warden + BG as another or split in two.

I mean, if Shadows of the Hist that just had 2 dungeons can be a DLC, then Battlegrounds probably could have been one also.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other?
    It is a chapter.
  • valkaneer2b14_ESO
    valkaneer2b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is almost every other competitor out there has Battle Grounds and Arenas and they were 100% free. You didn't have to pay to be able to use them. Perhaps ESO should focus more on a new Map instead of Cyrodiil and be fixing their ridiculous bugs like LFD party bugs?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    A TON of work went in to this. You can tell as soon as you play it.

So much work they must have intentionally left NPCs with one-arm.

And a broken queue system.

But I guess in their defense there comes a time when you just say we have been working on some of this stuff for years. Maybe someone else could make this work, but it ain't us. So instead of annoying people over a long period of time let's bundle it up and sell it all at once. Remember how well it worked with the Breton Hero costume!!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC

But does that make it an expansion though?

Even more work went into Blood & Wine, but CDPR sold it for $20. And TW3, being a single player game, didn't have micro-transactions to finance the development.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 30, 2017 6:26AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Legoless wrote: »
    The content is really great, but the pricetag is off.

I completely agree with this comment. For what the team did, they did an incredible job. I love the detail, but sadly it feels like a huge waste of potential. That's intended as a compliment, because the world they created with Morrowind could be so incredibly expansive. I really, really, really hope that they continue to add more quests and areas to explore within this 'expac.' However, for what it is now, it's just too light on content for the pricetag, imo.

For anyone who doesn't mind missing out on the pre-order items (that Warden costume is a really nice costume >.>), I would honestly say please wait for a sale.

[EDIT ADDITION] I'm definitely not saying that this should have been sold in separate chunks on the crown store. I think the package was a smart idea. I do think it should be sold as it is, but it should have had either more content for the price or a cheaper price (20$-30$).

I think it's important to note that we don't blame the devs for this, but the publisher. They are the one who sets the budget, the price, and the release timeline.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    It's a DLC with a few other bits and pieces thrown into the mix to try and hide the fact that it is just an expensive DLC.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    Its something in the middle. DLCansion?
  • alsuran
    alsuran
    ✭✭✭
    Other?
    They don't call it an expansion, they call it a chapter I think, and that's because they know that it's not big enough to be an expansion.

I don't consider it a DLC either though, because of the things it brings.

Morrowind on its own would've been great as a DLC.
    Battlegrounds on its own would've been accepted as a DLC.
    The Warden class would've been OK as a DLC as well.

You got stuff in there that could've kept a lot of players happy for 9 months if they released them as DLCs, so I do think that you can safely call it a chapter (whatever that means), not an expansion.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    I just bought Overwatch for $38 and I'm loving it. It's fully functional, I don't lag out and I haven't seen any bugs in about 40 hours of play so far.

Haven't been able to stop playing since I got it, and I haven't touched ESO since. (Had previously been full time ESO for the past 12 months.)

Once you stick your head out of the ESO world and realise how far $40 goes on the game market, there's absolutely no way you can justify the mess that is sold to us every 3-6 months from ZO$.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    It depends on future moves. If Zos add some dlc to Vvardenfell, possibly similar as SotH/RoM dungeon based one, I will gladly accept Morrowind as expansion, and consider that I have well spent 70 euros on it. If Zos just leave it as it is now, I will QQ and think of Morrowind as wasted potential, or an expansion that went DLC due to lack of interest to further develop it by Zos.
  • Roovin
    Roovin
    ✭✭✭
    Volrion wrote: »
    I just bought Overwatch for $38 and I'm loving it. It's fully functional, I don't lag out and I haven't seen any bugs in about 40 hours of play so far.

Haven't been able to stop playing since I got it, and I haven't touched ESO since. (Had previously been full time ESO for the past 12 months.)

Once you stick your head out of the ESO world and realise how far $40 goes on the game market, there's absolutely no way you can justify the mess that is sold to us every 3-6 months from ZO$.

LOL, you're comparing a game with a few character and a few maps to an MMO. That is ludicrous.

I don't even need to bring up the sheer amount of content that ESO has over Overwatch (in a completely different stratosphere).

Then there's this
    (Had previously been full time ESO for the past 12 months.)

Ya, go ahead and try playing Overwatch fulltime for 12 months and we'll see how long you last :D

You paid $38 for a game that only has a tiny fraction of the content that ESO does and thus makes it infinitely easier to flesh out bugs when all you have to worry about is a few different maps.
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    +battlegrounds
    +Trial
    +new map
    +new motifs
    +new lore books <3
    +new houses
    +new quests
    +new tutorial
    +warden
    +rework of CP
    +rework of sustain
    +cosmetics (tatoos/personalities/costumes)
    +....
    CP630 - Templar support - Neaara - proud argonian
    CP630 - Warden support - Neaaro - proud argonian
    PVE - Guilds: Hodor, Dragons Crest, Potato Squad

PVE Templar Morrowind Healing Build
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    alsuran wrote: »
    They don't call it an expansion, they call it a chapter I think, and that's because they know that it's not big enough to be an expansion.

You got stuff in there that could've kept a lot of players happy for 9 months if they released them as DLCs, so I do think that you can safely call it a chapter (whatever that means), not an expansion.

A chapter is analogous to an expansion given that Morrowind sells for the same price as other MMO's expansions.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Roovin wrote: »
    Volrion wrote: »

LOL, you're comparing a game with a few character and a few maps to an MMO. That is ludicrous.

I don't even need to bring up the sheer amount of content that ESO has over Overwatch (in a completely different stratosphere).

Then there's this
    (Had previously been full time ESO for the past 12 months.)

Ya, go ahead and try playing Overwatch fulltime for 12 months and we'll see how long you last :D

You paid $38 for a game that only has a tiny fraction of the content that ESO does and thus makes it infinitely easier to flesh out bugs when all you have to worry about is a few different maps.

I compared it to Blood & Wine earlier.

This was an expansion for Witcher 3. It offered 30 hours of questing in a huge new zone (far more detailed than Vvardenfell). It retailed for $20 when it came out. And given that TW3 is a single player game, CDPR didn't have micro-transactions and subscriptions to help fund the development of the expansion.

Precisely because this is an MMO expansion, it should have offered A LOT more. Zenimax has a ton of money to work with (given all the sources of revenue this game has), and the expectation for many hours of content is there given the nature of the game (people need a reason to keep playing).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 30, 2017 6:28AM
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    U pay tje name morrowind and not the actual content inclueded in 40.-
  • alsuran
    alsuran
    ✭✭✭
    Other?
    alsuran wrote: »

A chapter is analogous to an expansion given that Morrowind sells for the same price as other MMO's expansions.

Well, no. You don't call a luxury bicycle a motorcycle just because it has the price of one. The content decides what this is, not the price. It doesn't have enough in it to be an expansion, but I think it's big enough to be called a chapter, if that's the name that they want to give it. I think it's definitely more than a DLC though, if you take into account that the three components that I mentioned above could all three be released as standalone DLCs.

The price can be whatever the seller wants it to be, and the market determines how many copies they will sell. If they make a mistake with the price, they don't sell as much. They never claimed this was an expansion, not sure why people want to call it that.
  • Tulke
    Tulke
    Its just another DLC
    JD2013 wrote: »
    aa2aedbe678b0541bdb169dfa6f9b97f.jpg

ES III Vvardenfell map.

Can we get a Map of ESO Vvardenfell with everything filled in to compare?

And how many of the locations in ESO Vvardenfell are just points of interest with nothing to do there, how many of the ruins are inaccessible, Sheogorad inaccessible etc?

Sadly ESO Morrowind is just a pale imitation of Vvardenfell.

I certainly never expected a map with 200 plus hours of content like ES III but 30 hours is a paltry amount of content to sell at full box price.

It's a DLC. And a half empty one at that.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind

Vc01OQw_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind

aa2aedbe678b0541bdb169dfa6f9b97f.jpg
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a poll or just another sugar coated rage thread?
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Neaa wrote: »
    +battlegrounds
    +Trial
    +new map
    +new motifs
    +new lore books <3
    +new houses
    +new quests
    +new tutorial
    +warden
    +rework of CP
    +rework of sustain
    +....

Lol you have the tenacity to put GAME BALANCE changes into it... That does not even come close. If you really want to add balance changes, then you're giving it a *** tonne of negatives. I think this patch is going to go down as one of the worst.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Neaa wrote: »
    +battlegrounds
    +Trial
    +new map
    +new motifs
    +new lore books <3
    +new houses
    +new quests
    +new tutorial
    +warden
    +rework of CP
    +rework of sustain
    +....

Now drop everything that one can't get his or her hands on without having upgraded.
    If you can get it from other players, find the story of the lorebooks online, or are able to buy it in the crown store, it's not worth mentioning.

The Morrowind upgrade is a DLC, everything that applies to the base game is part of the update that came with the DLC.
    Whether Morrowind is the biggest DLC as of today is up for debate, but it's not worth calling an expansion. Call it a new chapter? Okay, I can live with that, but it's still a DLC.
    Edited by Dracindo on May 30, 2017 8:46AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other?
    It's a chapter AKA big DLC so we can get more money from our ESO+ ppl
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    A bigger, better Orsnium and a class.

Worth the price. Wish it could have been bought for crowns.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Orsinium is much bigger compared, the map might be different in size, but look: Orsinium has 17 skyshards... eeehh morrowind only 6 if im correctly? when i see that i already know its just like brotherhood and that kinda stuff, only a bigger map where alot of work went into.
    but the content is fun, there is enough questing etc. nice costumes and other cool looking things to obtain.
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    Its just another DLC

lol, spotted a shill already in the second post.
    morrowind is overpriced about ten bucks.
    Its content comparable to wrothgar, not to stormblood.
    Edited by necronomniconb14_ESO on May 30, 2017 1:05PM