Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Morrowind: An expansion or just a sugar coated DLC?

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    I don't care what they call it. New content is new content.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But not enough to bother making the large island at the top of the map accessible. 'We didn't have the resources to do that' (roughly what they said on eso live).

When did they talk about Sheogorad region on ESO live? I asked in the twitch chat about it, but don't remember getting an answer ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Sure the zone is big. But sheograd is blocked off, the majourity of areas are unexplorable. Like all the dwemer ruins. It is a good zone but it is just so empty
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its definitely an expansion
    Without question Morrowind brings more into the game than any DLC has. Zone at least comparable to Wrothgar, BGs, Trial and a new class. Granted, players can focus merely on one specific area if they want and complain it does not measure up but that ignores the entire picture, their choice.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    Without question Morrowind brings more into the game than any DLC has. Zone at least comparable to Wrothgar, BGs, Trial and a new class. Granted, players can focus merely on one specific area if they want and complain it does not measure up but that ignores the entire picture, their choice.
    It actually has less content than Orsinium.

Orsinium:
    40+ quests
    6 delves
    6 world bosses
    2 public dungeons
    1 trial (solo)

Morrowind:
    32+ quests
    6 delves
    6 world bosses
    2 public dungeons
    1 trial (group)
    *half the buildings in the zone are locked

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4156989/#Comment_4156989
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If It were a DLC you wouldn't have gotten battlegrounds, a trial, a class, and a large quest area in one pack. They would have all been separate 2-3 separate DLC.
    Edited by timidobserver on May 29, 2017 6:21PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    A zone slightly bigger than wrothgar.

A class thats not even new as warden was in the alpha of eso, they made have done up the animations and changed a few skills but it's not a completely new class.

Battlegrounds which they've been working on for years they showed it off once, years of work and they can't even get the queuing right.

Not an expansion just a very pricey dlc which eso+ members don't get access too and people are forced to buy characters slots if they've played the game a lot.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Moon sugar coated!
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New class and whole new game mode. I don't even need to say more after those two points. However haters going to hate. They know of nothing else but to complain and hate. Just like those Sorcerer and Nightblade haters.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If It were a DLC you wouldn't have gotten battlegrounds, a trial, a class, and a large quest area in one pack. They would have all been separate 2-3 separate DLC.
    Uggghhh adding a new class and PvP mode behind a paywall and releasing them at the same time as a new zone does not make a DLC an expansion, it makes it a money grab.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't just another DLC. While it has its (many, many) flaws, it is still better than anything else we have in ESO (in my humble opinion). We have a new tacked on class (that doesn't fit the Vvardenfell theme very well), but it is a new class nonetheless. We have tacked on battlegrounds which feel isolated from the rest of Vvardenfell, but they are battlegrounds nonetheless. We have much more land to explore (even if a lot of it is empty or inaccessible). We have much more interesting quests (which feel quite linear and sometimes insult your intelligence). We have much more interesting NPCs (again, imho).

We have fungal Telvanni towers, and while they look like puke, they are Telvanni towers nonetheless. We have Balmora, and while most of the buildings are inaccessible, it is still iconic. We have Vivec, which is unnecessarily under construction (likely due to laziness), but it is still Vivec. In conclusion, while most additions are tacked on and some areas are incomplete (*cough Sheogorad cough*) it is still fun overall. It is likely the most fun I've had in ESO, truthfully, even if this comment is a bit backhanded.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLscq_KDdnU
    Edited by Radinyn on May 29, 2017 7:22PM
  • bicho117
    bicho117
    Soul Shriven
    Other?
    I'd say its somewhere in between, thats why they have used this new word, "chapter" altough little has it helped them since people still throw around the term expansion.

It's not a DLC because it adds a new class and the BGs on top of the questing content you would get from a DLC.

It's not an expansion since it does not add as much group content as a fully fledged expansion would, but keep in mind this content is meant to keep us entertained until the next update drops in 3 months, not for a total of 2 years like an expansion in other MMOs is intented to do, so it is to be expected that this would be smaller.

I dont really get the complaints about the pricetag, you can get it cheaper in official resellers, and you dont have to pay a sub or anything like that, the last time you were forced to pay for new content was in shadows of the hist and that was almost a year ago, is 35$ really that much?

Sorry of bad london

• slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd consider Orsinium an expansion too. Imo any content that adds this kind of large landmass with that much content is an expansion. I consider thieves guild and dark brotherhood to be DLC's.
  • HerrPulaRau
    HerrPulaRau
    ✭✭✭
    Expansion IMO... a bit expensive but so far I loved the quests (I am a bit confused about Seyda Neen but that's another thread).

So far I made Vivec quests, Sun-in-Shadow quests and a couple of minor ones. All together took about 10h (and from the map looks like there are at least 20h more... hope I won't be disappointed) - but I have to mention I'm "completionist"... I read all, listen to all, etc. so I progress a bit slower through content.

Quests and feel actually reminded me of Morrowind, although the atmosphere is less dark and that makes it a bit harder to immerse. Still... Telvanni betrayals and schemes, Vivec city layout and overall style bring back some memories.

I think this alone qualifies it as an expansion.

Notice I don't talk about the new race, new trial (and dungeons - ar there any? - didn't find them so far) and new pvp because I didn't try them. So I hope I sink at least 30-40 more hours in that.

So... over 50h of play (estimate, didn't get through all)... expansion - a bit overpriced maybe but I've seen worse - (normal play not rush through - I see posts already saying that some guys finished everything... well... maybe you can finish everything in 10-20h... but that mean you didn't enjoy any of them and just skipped everything... if you did that imo you are playing the wrong game :) but hey... your money).

Note: I would've tried the new pvp mode but the freaking gf always gets stuck on "forming group" part (tried at least a dozen times). This really made me sad since I was so enthusiast about it (but again the official release date is 6 june so... I don't really mind yet).
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even need to play it to know it's much more than another Orsinium.

One more week till Console release..
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    Uggghhh adding a new class and PvP mode behind a paywall and releasing them at the same time as a new zone does not make a DLC an expansion, it makes it a money grab.

Regardless, Morrowind has more in it than a typical ESO DLC which is my only point in this thread. If it were DLC, they would have definitely come in 2-3 DLCs over 6-9 months.

Moneygrabs can be expected from any MMO. However, compared to a lot of the competition, ZOS is pretty ethical about it(I spent a few days playing Neverwinter recently.).

The only thing I'll agree on is that they definitely need to remove the paywall from battlegrounds. Queues are probably going to dry up quickly(whenever they start actually working.)
    Edited by timidobserver on May 29, 2017 7:54PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not played Morrowind so I don't know. I am excite to try.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    aa2aedbe678b0541bdb169dfa6f9b97f.jpg

ES III Vvardenfell map.

Can we get a Map of ESO Vvardenfell with everything filled in to compare?

And how many of the locations in ESO Vvardenfell are just points of interest with nothing to do there, how many of the ruins are inaccessible, Sheogorad inaccessible etc?

Sadly ESO Morrowind is just a pale imitation of Vvardenfell.

I certainly never expected a map with 200 plus hours of content like ES III but 30 hours is a paltry amount of content to sell at full box price.

It's a DLC. And a half empty one at that.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely an expansion. There's a lot to find and discover, the ancestral tombs, the books, tomb rubbings and a *** ton more quests than we got in Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, possibly even when combined. (Which are really, really awesome and you can tell a lot of love and hard work went into them.) I can probably agree with people saying it's a bit on the small side for an expansion, but considering we got a brand new class and Battlegrounds, along with the fact that this is the games first official expansion, you have to give them a little bit of leeway in that department. For what we have got though it is very impressive and I don't regret my pre-order.

If you love exploration, taking the time to listen to NPC dialog and really getting involved with the story of the area, you will enjoy Morrowind, for anyone still on the fence about buying it.

Why give them any leeway? Doing so only gives them the sense they can do it again and get away with it.... Before this would have been a DLC, now being called an "expansion" or "chapter." What is irritating is the fact that now we will be force fed a new "expansion" every year when it should really be a DLC.

All it is is another way for them to grab money from our pockets. Since people like myself who sub, don't need to buy the DLC to play it, this is the only way to get subbers to pay extra.... But but but, subbers will always get full access to all content right!?!?!?!

Go back on your word with one thing, you will continue to lie through your teeth knowing people still don't believe your crap.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    If this is an expansion, then so was wrothgar. Let's be honest, this is a "chapter" to separate it from its in game currency. Every purchase is money actually being spent now. I am fine with that but I can understand why some might not be.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    mb10 wrote: »
    Hi all,

For those who know or have it: Honestly, is Morrowind an expansion or just another DLC made fancy?

It was a dlc dressed as a wallet thief.GG Zos another cow milked
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Kendaric wrote: »
    Considering we're getting a class and a new PvP festure for those interested in it... I'd definitely consider it an expansion. If Orsinium would have been released with similiar features, it would be considered an expansion as well and people wouldn't rage nearly as much as they do now.

The difference between Orsinium and Morrowind is the Warden. Orsinium had vMA when Morrowind has BG. I don't think the addition of the Warden really makes this an expansion. It depends on what people think what a chapter or expansion really is. To me a chapter or expansion could very well be its own game. Which Morrowind clearly could not. But that's just me.

Don't agree with that comparison at all.

Orsinium had Maelstrom Arena and Morrowind has the Halls of Fabrication.

The Warden and Battlegrounds don't have Orsinium analogues.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    A TON of work went in to this. You can tell as soon as you play it.

So much work they must have intentionally left NPCs with one-arm.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    I have been enjoying Morrowind until the main story. It is badly lacking content. It is far to short and a major disappointment. Thieve's guild and Dark brotherhood main story was longer. The over all zone is large but also lacking. Locked doors every where, no where near enough crafting nodes to harvest. I regret buying it so soon. But that being said, I'm sure ZOS will improve it over the coming months (I hope).
    No Lollygagging.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    I'm enjoying it, I'm enjoying the Warden, and I love a decent bit of new content, but let's be honest:-

1. It doesn't appear to be significantly more than Orsinium, which was classed as a DLC.
    2. If it's an "expansion", why am I paying the price of the entire game all over again? I paid once, then I paid for my subscription, now I have to pay all over again.
    3. If it's an expansion, why didn't I get some new character slots thrown in. Yep, I had to buy those as well.

I don't mind paying for new stuff. I get these guys are out to make a profit and I think that's fair. I wouldn't have minded the price of Morrowind if it had come with two character slots that I didn't have to pay for separately. I do object, though, to being fleeced.

• Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just another DLC
    It's basically the same as Orsinium. That said I'm happy with my purchase due to all the pre-order and collectors edition stuff I got, making up for the lack of expansiony-ness..
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?
    It's not an expansion, but it's more than a normal DLC.

It's more like about 4 ESO DLCs rolled into one.

20 hours game play + Gear + Bosses + Dungeons = Orsinium
    10 hours game play + Trial = Thieves Guild
    Battlegrounds = IC
    New Class = 4th DLC

Sounds great unless you're a subscriber and realise exactly where your missing 4 DLCs have gone. :|

• grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess people are starting to find out . Content is amazing but there needed to be more.
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    But not enough to bother making the large island at the top of the map accessible. 'We didn't have the resources to do that' (roughly what they said on eso live).

When did they talk about Sheogorad region on ESO live? I asked in the twitch chat about it, but don't remember getting an answer ...

I actually was the one who spammed the hell out of the question till the zone lead answered it was the eso live before the newest one.