Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LAM 2.0 Dropdown / Combobox

InvitationNotFound
InvitationNotFound
✭✭✭✭✭
Well, maybe anyone here came across the same situation and may answer my question.

I lately started to create an addon and all that is left is to create a menu so the user can configure the addon.
Like most Addons i chose LibAddonMenu (LAM - latest version) and added a few controls.

Unfortunately I'm getting issues with the dropdown control and wonder if there is a way around that issue:
If your dropdown contains too many items, it won't be able to display the items properly as there won't be a scrollbar. Some items will be simply cut off.

Example:

choices:
local function temp()
local retVal = {}
for i = 1, 100 do
retVal[ i ] = i -- typo here as it would otherwise change the text to italic
end
return retVal
end

menu:
[1] = {
type = "dropdown",
name = "...",
tooltip = "...",
choices = temp(),
getFunc = function() return "of" end,
setFunc = function(var) print(var) end
},

This will result in a dropdown which only shows around 50% of the entries. The other entries can't be selected as they aren't displayed on screen anymore.

LAM 2.0 internally creates the dropdown by using the following code:
control.combobox = wm:CreateControlFromVirtual(zo_strjoin(nil, name, "Combobox", comboboxCount), control.container, "ZO_ComboBox")

As it seems, while using CreateControlFromVirual, the implementation ZOS is using differs as can be seen in the character window when selecting the title. There will be a scrollbar for the dropdown.

Any suggestions on how to create a dropdown control which contains a scrollbar while using LAM 2.0? This would be very helpful. ;)

Edit: Scrollable dropdowns should be available with the latest LAM version.
Edited by InvitationNotFound on July 19, 2017 10:34AM
We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR