The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Sotha Sil 1 NA PC Thread 1

• Brazilionaire
    Brazilionaire
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Just another morning in Sotha, an army of DC siege/Xv1 heroes ruthlessly defending AD gate keeps against the only 4 AD players online:

Sad! The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I whispered one of the dudes in that pic and tried to reason with him. He gave me an answer like "I'll leave but every alliance does that". Thought diplomacy had worked, I guess I was wrong.

I feel bad for current and future DCs who don't condone this but will be farmed at their gates once population shifts, which is bound to happen either way it shifts. In the mean time, I'm taking the opportunity to get Emperor Slayer on all my toons - even my crafter has it at this point!

[minor edit to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on June 29, 2017 1:55AM
    Brazilionaire [PC-NA]
  • Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭
    Kita wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    I think it depends on your group size. I know that if I had 3-5 people in my group and i went to a dominated map where there was a 20 man response team that shows up at the sight of a resource flip, I'd probably poke the other non-dominant faction.

This was life on Haderus about 9 months ago. I'd log in every day pushed to the gates. we'd start at 6:45PM and take back our home keeps one by one and usually get stopped at bleakers/ash/dragonclaw.

It sucks. and its a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Protip: A lot of times all it takes is a simple shout in zone chat saying: "Im sieging on LM side at X-Keep" and people will show up. trust me.

Protip: if you were actually good at this game you wouldn't need to shout in zone chat for reinforcements. but that is none of my concern. :/

Prop tip: if your guild was any good, they would still be relevant without

@Prince_of_all_Pugs

Pro tip: If you could spell "pro" I would maybe then care about your opinion as a random player.

You act like we depend on him, we really don't lol.
    Even when he's not on were still wiping zergs.

but I guess a zergling like you would not understand that, you guys all depend on numbers and a zerg leader.
    Salt Mining is a guild that no one depends on each other to be good. We are all solo players that make people like you salty.

[edit to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on June 29, 2017 1:58AM
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on your group size. I know that if I had 3-5 people in my group and i went to a dominated map where there was a 20 man response team that shows up at the sight of a resource flip, I'd probably poke the other non-dominant faction.

This was life on Haderus about 9 months ago. I'd log in every day pushed to the gates. we'd start at 6:45PM and take back our home keeps one by one and usually get stopped at bleakers/ash/dragonclaw.

Protip: A lot of times all it takes is a simple shout in zone chat saying: "Im sieging on LM side at X-Keep" and people will show up. trust me.

Protip: if you were actually good at this game you wouldn't need to shout in zone chat for reinforcements. but that is none of my concern. :/

Prop tip: if your guild was any good, they would still be relevant without J*** l****r.

@Prince_of_all_Pugs

Pro tip: If you could spell "pro" I would maybe then care about your opinion as a random player.

All this salt looks like fun. Let me try. *ahem*

Pro tip: If you're going to make 100% typo free and grammatically correct posts your basis for whether a player should be listened to or not, you should get an editor for your own posts.
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar
  • Phreeki
    Phreeki
    ✭✭✭

Prop tip: if your guild was any good, they would still be relevant without J*** l****r.

@Prince_of_all_Pugs

You act like we depend on Josh, we really don't lol.

but I guess a zergling like you would not understand that, you guys all depend on numbers and a zerg leader.
    Salt Mining is a guild that no one depends on each other to be good. We are all solo players that make people like you salty.

Come on you act like you don't zerg.I watched you zerg down a keep with 50 AD behind you when Sotha was Az. I assume you were going for emp at the time but you still did it. At the time maybe 6 people were in the keep and yet you zerged them, us, down and some of your puglings tbaged like it was skill that brought them victory. It was in the middle of the day or early afternoon so pop numbers were low all the way around.

Everybody gets caught in the zerg.....eventually.
    Edited by Phreeki on June 29, 2017 2:00AM
  • Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭
    Phreeki wrote: »

@Prince_of_all_Pugs

@Prince_of_all_Pugs

All this salt looks like fun. Let me try. *ahem*

Pro tip: If you're going to make 100% typo free and grammatically correct posts your basis for whether a player should be listened to or not, you should get an editor for your own posts.

I think your sentence missed 3rd grade schooling, you might want to go back and check what's wrong with it, plus I edited my posts because I had to @name the person who was salty.

But I enjoy this salt, I would love to have more. You are going to need to try a lot harder though.

Edited by Kita on June 29, 2017 2:42AM
  • Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭

@Prince_of_all_Pugs

Come on you act like you don't zerg.I watched you zerg down a keep with 50 AD behind you when Sotha was Az. I assume you were going for emp at the time but you still did it. At the time maybe 6 people were in the keep and yet you zerged them, us, down and some of your puglings tbaged like it was skill that brought them victory. It was in the middle of the day or early afternoon so pop numbers were low all the way around.

Interesting, that's kind of odd because I've never been in any large groups higher than 7 people. nor do I actually zerg siege, I just watch and leech the free AP that AD makes for me when they take the keep.

Congratulations, you have finally found out what it takes to be zerged down by random pugs.
    You would know how this feels on a daily basis every second you get in Cyrodil if you were a solo player.

But hey, whatever makes you feel more happy about yourself right?

Call me what you want and assume an image of myself in your head, at the end of the day I'm one of the few that can backup my tbags, 1v1s, 1vXs and making both factions hate me.

Oh but feel free to call me the best stam DK on AZ right now. I will gladly take that title ever since the expansion came out.

that's not an option.
  • Remorseless
    Remorseless
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is going places
    Vice

Love Palace
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    I think your sentence missed 3rd grade schooling, you might want to go back and check what's wrong with it, plus I edited my posts because I had to @name the person who was salty.

But I enjoy this salt, I would love to have more. You are going to need to try a lot harder though.

I would actually love to know what is wrong with my sentence, but then again, I'm not the one who is attaching importance to the spelling and grammar of forum posts. I think you're the one who has to try harder. However, I'm very excited to try this "forum pvp" thing I've heard so much about.

Your first three sentences are run on sentences. Those commas should be periods, and the words after them should be capitalized. You could also try adding "and" between the first two sentences, if you prefer. For example:

"I think your sentence missed 3rd grade schooling. You might want to go back and check what's wrong with it."

OR

"I think your sentence missed 3rd grade schooling, and you might want to go back and check what's wrong with it."

Either of those two options are correct. Then your third sentence should be capitalized. Your second paragraph also contains a run on sentence. Once again, that comma should be a period. I prefer the way the paragraph reads using the second option so I will use that in my example of how your post should be written, but remember that both examples are correct.

"I think your sentence missed 3rd grade schooling, and you might want to go back and check what's wrong with it. Plus, I edited my posts because I had to @name the person who was salty.

But I enjoy this salt.* I would love to have more. You are going to need to try a lot harder, though."

*Technically, this sentence is incorrect. A sentence should not be started with but. But I don't personally care.

Now, let's take a look at your original post.

You act like we depend on him, we really don't lol.

[edit to remove quote]

Once again, your first paragraph contains run on sentences. Secondly, you write "Even when he's not on were still wiping zergs." I believe you meant that "we're" wiping zergs, as in "we are", not "were".

Your second paragraph is composed entirely of run on sentences.

The first sentence of your third paragraph confused me, I will admit. It reads, "Salt Mining is a guild that no one depends on each other to be good." I think, however, what you were trying to communicate would be better expressed by changing "that" to either "where" or "in which". I lean toward the second option. For example, "Salt Mining is a guild in which no one depends on each other to be good" more clearly expresses what I believe you were trying to say. Lastly, I believe the sentence "we are all solo players that make people like you salty" should be written as "We are all solo players who make people like you salty."

This is, undoubtedly, not a complete list of the ways in which these posts could be improved, but they will have to suffice, I'm afraid.

I may also, alas, have gotten things wrong. I welcome everyone to weigh in on this very serious matter. Spelling and grammar is so very important, especially when it alone dictates who is worth listening to rather than what is being said.

I am also very bored. This is, sadly, the most exciting thing that's happened in hours. (save me)
    Edited by wolfwraith37 on June 29, 2017 3:05AM
    Kavesh - Stamblade
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    u, alls, has, bahd, grammarz, lolz,
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    u, alls, has, bahd, grammarz, lolz,

FoRumz waz mAd3 4 b@d grAmArz trufax!!1!!!111!!!

Edit: needed more cowbell...er, exclamation points

Second edit: I shall never be happy with the amount of exclamation points. Woe is me. :(
    Edited by wolfwraith37 on June 29, 2017 3:45AM
    Kavesh - Stamblade
  • Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭
    yes wolfwraith, that's exactly what I wanted.

the tryhard has finally came out.

thank you for making my night enjoyable, you realize you just wasted probably 30 minutes of your life to someone just trolling right? :D

I'm glad I was able to get you to try really hard, you must of gotten pretty butthurt.
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    yes wolfwraith, that's exactly what I wanted.

the tryhard has finally came out.

thank you for making my night enjoyable, you realize you just wasted probably 30 minutes of your life to someone just trolling right? :D

I'm glad I was able to get you to try really hard, you must of gotten pretty butthurt.

Nah, not really. I wasn't lying when I said I had nothing better to do. If I did, do you really think I would have wasted my time on you?
    Kavesh - Stamblade
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys, guys, fight dc zerglings not each other :P
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was tough sledding tonight for a bit but we got the dethrone. Got a lot of video but don't feel like doing much with it now besides this little gem.

https://youtu.be/rnY1xRFuMow

Stay off our tri-keeps when we don't have any scrolls :P
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don`t think your UI carries enough information. Please make it more detailed.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to suggest to DC that we make an agreement to not take & defend tri-keeps when scrolls are not there & definitely no camping the spawns but they are not interested; they have definitely made that clear. We had that agreement on Haderus before we came to Azura's & it was successful. The campaign flourished and there was good fights to be had. I guess they, meaning said DC representatives that I attempted to open a dialogue with, would rather have both factions pissed off at them.
    PS: Nice Video @Kartalin.
    Edited by Dutchessx on June 29, 2017 11:47AM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a PM raid...
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Haderus. . ..

Ive made the decision to officially home on Almalexia. I have no idea why it was getting zerged down on monday night by red, but the last two nights have been absolutely magical.

Been going out with a consistent group of 5-6 and finding equal fights over and over again. Its like the Haderus days of old. Where your faction has to work together because no zerg is going to come and save you. Zone chat is productive and eager to work together and group.

It does have its ups and downs. AD doesnt seem very interested in fighting EP. smells a little fishy. but it doesnt matter as long as we find some good pvp. which for the past 2 days, we have.

I wanna summon upon @Durham as I think you would very much enjoy the Alma atmosphere. During primetime, it is very similar to the Haderus days of old.

Ultimately, Sotha has become very toxic. On all sides. and it just feels wrong to be DC on that campaign. What do we stand for? What is pvp even about anymore there? its not just farming AP, there's no AP to be had unless you are EP or AD.

Lastly: This isnt a definitive move on mine or Requiem's part. As you all know, Campaign dynamics shift with the winds and we will adjust accordingly from time to time. I hope the dust settles over here one day so we can have the spirit of Azura's again.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Haderus. . ..

Ive made the decision to officially home on Almalexia. I have no idea why it was getting zerged down on monday night by red, but the last two nights have been absolutely magical.

Been going out with a consistent group of 5-6 and finding equal fights over and over again. Its like the Haderus days of old. Where your faction has to work together because no zerg is going to come and save you. Zone chat is productive and eager to work together and group.

It does have its ups and downs. AD doesnt seem very interested in fighting EP. smells a little fishy. but it doesnt matter as long as we find some good pvp. which for the past 2 days, we have.

I wanna summon upon @Durham as I think you would very much enjoy the Alma atmosphere. During primetime, it is very similar to the Haderus days of old.

Ultimately, Sotha has become very toxic. On all sides. and it just feels wrong to be DC on that campaign. What do we stand for? What is pvp even about anymore there? its not just farming AP, there's no AP to be had unless you are EP or AD.

Lastly: This isnt a definitive move on mine or Requiem's part. As you all know, Campaign dynamics shift with the winds and we will adjust accordingly from time to time. I hope the dust settles over here one day so we can have the spirit of Azura's again.

We are struggling atm with the no CP vs CP in my guild which ZOS has created. We have about 10 members in my guild we run 4 to 6 during primetime... 3-4 of those members will not go to non CP .....2 of those are healers :( For them it's the point of the matter.....
    Currently we trying to make Vivec work but its frustrating atm .. keep in mind some of us started playing together in 2002 with DAOC.....so we are trying to stay together... honestly if camelot unchained was done we would probably leave just because of the lack of direction and communication from ZOS....the game nice but I'm not happy with the lack of communication from ZOS...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk what DC zerg yall are talking about. I finally got time to play and visit Cyro yesterday night - after getting destroyed in BGs decided to see how it is in cyro. It was, I believe 1am Eastern or so? Maybe 2 am. DC only had 3 or 4 keeps. There was some action in Ash and in Bleaker's outpost.

Ported to Ash, went to the mine. FPS dropped to 1 before I even turned around the tower. What do I see? A zerg of 15-20 AD killing 2-3 DC. I was late, they all died, I sneaked around waited for AD to leave, rezzed those 2-3 DC. AD came back and killed us all. Now that I see this name on forums, I'm pretty sure I saw your name there @Kita btw. Don't remember if you're AD or DC, just happened to target you for a brief second. I could be wrong of course.

Point is - why would you blame DC? For all I know it's AD who sends zergs to deal with a few players just trying to find some pvp.

Oh and of course, after that episode ended, I remembered why I don't like Cyro. Glade was already flagged by AD (another zerg I suppose) - talk about night capping and pushing to the gates. No one got time to ride all the way there just to be killed by a zerg again. Buff mNB. The end.
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Idk what DC zerg yall are talking about. I finally got time to play and visit Cyro yesterday night - after getting destroyed in BGs decided to see how it is in cyro. It was, I believe 1am Eastern or so? Maybe 2 am. DC only had 3 or 4 keeps. There was some action in Ash

(◔_◔)

I can't even with this....
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    Idk what DC zerg yall are talking about. I finally got time to play and visit Cyro yesterday night - after getting destroyed in BGs decided to see how it is in cyro. It was, I believe 1am Eastern or so? Maybe 2 am. DC only had 3 or 4 keeps. There was some action in Ash and in Bleaker's outpost.

Ported to Ash, went to the mine. FPS dropped to 1 before I even turned around the tower. What do I see? A zerg of 15-20 AD killing 2-3 DC. I was late, they all died, I sneaked around waited for AD to leave, rezzed those 2-3 DC. AD came back and killed us all. Now that I see this name on forums, I'm pretty sure I saw your name there @Kita btw. Don't remember if you're AD or DC, just happened to target you for a brief second. I could be wrong of course.

Point is - why would you blame DC? For all I know it's AD who sends zergs to deal with a few players just trying to find some pvp.

Oh and of course, after that episode ended, I remembered why I don't like Cyro. Glade was already flagged by AD (another zerg I suppose) - talk about night capping and pushing to the gates. No one got time to ride all the way there just to be killed by a zerg again. Buff mNB. The end.

So what you're saying is, you went into Cyro for one night and because DC had already been pushed back by the time you got on, that means a month and a half of well documented DC behavior is...imagined?
    Kavesh - Stamblade
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭

Wow man, one night in Sotha Sil. Thank you for disproving my own six months worth of observations and experiences on the server, and many who have much more time than I, with your anecdotal and irrelevantly short time on it. Can we get a round of applause for not only this extremely well done piece of investigative journalism, but also not addressing the comments complaining about night capping after 4am EST and gate camping later in the morning where most of the complaints are stemming from. A+ for reading comprehension and a 5/7 on your reporting skills. Would read again.
    Edited by jaysins on June 29, 2017 9:13PM
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaysins wrote: »

Wow man, one night in Sotha Sil. Thank you for disproving my own six months worth of observations and experiences on the server, and many who have much more time than I, with your anecdotal and irrelevantly short time on the server. Can we get a round of applause for not only this extremely well done piece of investigative journalism, but also not addressing the comments complaining about night capping after 4am EST and gate camping later in the morning where most of the complaints are stemming from. A+ for reading comprehension and a 5/7 on your reporting skills. Would read again.

One night at 1am, and for like an hour or something. Completely representative, man.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its...like...I i told him it was raining on my work commute this morning, and kinda stormy to boot, and then 9 hours later when he exited his parents basement for a bowl of cereal, and it was sunny out. *** weatherman, fake news as per usual

Quoting a friend here. Because it is appropriate
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭

Prop tip: if your guild was any good, they would still be relevant without [snip]

[edit to remove name/shaming]

Salt Mining Incorporate represents a very rare/dying playstyle: the solo, 1vX, the small scale. This is relevant to me. What yet another ant in the megazerg thinks of as "relevant"... Not so much.

@Prince_of_all_Pugs

Everyone gets caught up in the zerg occasionally, not many move away from it. I've seen Kita more often solo than not, usually on top of a pile of enemy bodies. Even when we're grouped he has a tendency to go jump into enemy zergs solo, which drives me nuts (but at least I can yell at his stupid *** in Discord).

The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread never fails to deliver.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like pie
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    I like pie

Excellent.

I like pocket fairies.
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭
    Idk what DC zerg yall are talking about. I finally got time to play and visit Cyro yesterday night - after getting destroyed in BGs decided to see how it is in cyro. It was, I believe 1am Eastern or so? Maybe 2 am. DC only had 3 or 4 keeps. There was some action in Ash

(◔_◔)

I can't even with this....[/quote

Right? SMH.... where are you pvping? At bruma 24/7?
This discussion has been closed.