The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

87% of Class Skills are Magicka (131) vs. Stamina (19) - Is this Balanced?

• GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etchos wrote: »
    Did you know that break down of cars on our roads is

Red cars 30%
    Green Cars 30%
    Black Cars 10%
    Yellow Cars 30%

This proves that almost a third of the cars on the road are red.

I am aware blue cars exist but to make my point I'm simple going to ignore them.

Everyone has read the first post. Just because you acknowledge the weapon skills exist doesn't mean you are considering the impact they have on the nature of class skills. And when this is mentioned your response is simple "look at my post I mentioned them"

As in the car example once you factor in blue cars all the numbers change.

If I didn't consider the impact that weapon skills have on the nature of class skills, then I would have asked for a 50-50 split between magicka and stamina - and I didn't ask for that. You won't like this suggestion but, again, read the analysis part of the first post where I mention that the variables point to the need for more magicka class morphs than stamina (and weapon skill lines are included in those variables). Whether you want to recognize it or not, you're echoing a point that I made in the first post. If you wish that I made that point louder or with more writing, which it seems that you do, I apologize for not putting it in all caps or in bold or italicized print, and without additional analysis linked particularly to the weapon skills part.

Where I was under the impression that we differed, based on our previous discussion, was that I believed an argument could be made to add stamina morphs to existing skills, specifically the following skills, for the 4 current in-game classes:

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip
    - Fiery Grip
    - Inhale
    - Petrify
    - Ash Cloud

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness
    - Strife
    - Agony
    - Cripple

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight
    - Crystal Shard
    - Encase
    - Daedric Mines
    - Mage's Fury
    - Lightning Splash

Templar
    - Focused Charge
    - Sun Fire
    - Solar Flare
    - Radiant Destruction
    - Healing Ritual
    - Cleansing Ritual
    Options
  • Etchos
    Etchos
    ✭✭✭
    And people are telling you that considering weapon skills/ dodge rolls/ break frees etc that stamina morphs to those skills are not needed as at present it is balanced and your suggestion would create an imbalance.

And you respond with "please reread the first post"

I have and couldn't disagree more with your conclusions as your analysis is flawed. I can keep rereading till world ends. its not going to change my opinion.

Here is a suggestion. Instead of telling people to reread your post why don't you carefully re read theirs. You might learn something
    Edited by Etchos on May 17, 2017 2:58PM
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And people are telling you that considering weapon skills/ dodge rolls/ break frees etc that stamina morphs to those skills are not needed as at present it is balanced and your suggestion would create an imbalance.

I have and couldn't disagree more with your conclusions as your analysis is flawed. I can keep rereading till world ends. its not going to change my opinion.

Here is a suggestion. Instead of telling people to reread your post why don't you carefully re read theirs. You might learn something

You are the only one here forcing your opinion down the OPs throat.

Sharing stam with dodge roll/block is not an advantage since it runs out faster especially next patch with the 5% stam cost increase

Block nerf will ensure that no one will be perma blocking even if they build for it and if the don't stam will run out quick.

Roll dodge fatigue makes sure no stam build is rolling indefinitely and Now that stam NBs have a weaker SA that costs stamina now thier sustain is bad. On a magic build for example you just need enough regen to break free every 7 secs, with damge shields particularly a magic Sorcerer you shouldn't need to roll dodge, and now that Ice staff can block like sword and shield you shouldn't need to use stam to block either.

So this allows you access to tons of damge healing and utilities max stats for optimal performance while havung a plethora of options to build from opposed to stan builds. Conserving the most important resources for survival for important means.

Your logic is flawed trying to force your opinion on others, your opinion isn't wrong but its just an opinion like most other posts.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on May 17, 2017 3:11PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have re-read your posts many times to try to understand your argument, and I'm asking you to prove my argument wrong (that there should be more stamina morph options). So far, though, your reasoning for your points have been:

- "what possible benefit would this bring to the game?" To which my response is, stamina would have more class-specific ability selections - and I think that is a benefit for diversity of stamina builds.

- "it would ruin the game." To which my response is, how?
    Options
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested to know how it would ruin the game as well. Seems like build diversity that focuses on the unique aspects of the classes over just weapons would be much needed.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of utility skills consume magicka if they start consuming stamina that you will again complain of sustain so its better that it consumes magicka.

You should better comparing DPS skills
    Options
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of utility skills consume magicka if they start consuming stamina that you will again complain of sustain so its better that it consumes magicka.

Agreed. I went into specifics in a later post in which I suggested considering these skills (mostly damage) for stamina morphs:

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip
    - Fiery Grip
    - Inhale
    - Petrify
    - Ash Cloud

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness
    - Strife
    - Agony
    - Cripple

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight
    - Crystal Shard
    - Encase
    - Daedric Mines
    - Mage's Fury
    - Lightning Splash

Templar
    - Focused Charge
    - Sun Fire
    - Solar Flare
    - Radiant Destruction
    - Healing Ritural
    - Cleansing Ritual

I'm not saying that these are the only skills that should also receive a stamina morph, nor am I saying that all of these should. However, I think strong arguments can be made that all of the skills that I listed should also have a stamina morph.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed. I went into specifics in a later post in which I suggested considering these skills (mostly damage) for stamina morphs:

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip
    - Fiery Grip
    - Inhale
    - Petrify
    - Ash Cloud

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness
    - Strife
    - Agony
    - Cripple

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight
    - Crystal Shard
    - Encase
    - Daedric Mines
    - Mage's Fury
    - Lightning Splash

Templar
    - Focused Charge
    - Sun Fire
    - Solar Flare
    - Radiant Destruction
    - Healing Ritural
    - Cleansing Ritual

I'm not saying that these are the only skills that should also receive a stamina morph, nor am I saying that all of these should. However, I think strong arguments can be made that all of the skills that I listed should also have a stamina morph.

Do you know how many stamina races out there comparing magicka?
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip
    - Fiery Grip
    - Inhale
    - Petrify
    - Ash Cloud

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness
    - Strife
    - Agony
    - Cripple

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight
    - Crystal Shard
    - Encase
    - Daedric Mines
    - Mage's Fury
    - Lightning Splash

Templar
    - Focused Charge
    - Sun Fire
    - Solar Flare
    - Radiant Destruction
    - Healing Ritural
    - Cleansing Ritual

as a DK you have 5 magicka skill options against 4 entire lines in stam.

Just do this: Compare the magicka options of only of one class against the stamina options the same class has.

DK has no access to the other 16 magicka skills you show there.

Yes, maybe one or two of those skills should have an extra morph to support another playing style, but not all of them, since you will leave all classes with multiple stam options agains few magicka option. Following the example of the DK, if you take away one of each morphs to stam, the mDKs will be forced to run just the magicka option and no option in the weapon lines. Stam Dks will have the 5 options you gave them + 2H, DW, S/B and bow.

Remember that magicka has only one weapon line for DPS
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina have only 1 weapon line for DPS!!!!! - DW

S&B- tank
    2h - usefull for pvp
    Bow - is good only with DW.

Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree some skills could use stamina morphs, I don't agree they should do it. Here's why:

- which morphs do Stam get? Should mag get full utility while Stam gets a dmg morph? There's only two options for each skill, so which receives what? I believe this to be a problem that zos has, particularly with templars. Look at empowering sweeps, the mag version is utility but they have the high DMG morph to Stam to give Stam more options. But they forgot that DB outperforms cresant sweep, and magpkars used the old form which removed their options.
    - Stam lines have instant cast abilities which can be chained easily together. Compare that to certain class should which are utility based, higher cost, and have to deal with higher spell resistance of enemies. Having more options is a bonus for mag, knowing you can adapt over not having a strong burst chain
    - assuming each archytype can pull a stamor mag ability to their bar, the stamina classes have the same access to the mag abilities for utility. Stamplars are not locked out of purge, Stam sorcs use dark deal to turn mag into stam/heals, DK's gained major mending via a mag cost ability while turning mag into stam with helping hands. Mag classes cannot afford to run certain stam abilities and if we do we have to slot a weapon that will give us a benefit (swords). We also don't have many abilities to turn Stam into mag and even if we do it's using a 16k Stam pool which only has enough juice to save for dodge rolling/blocking.
    - stamina weapons gained ultimates. That was the last balance change they needed. I feel like they are in a good place for PvP.

My thoughts on the matter.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LorDrek wrote: »
    Stamina have only 1 weapon line for DPS!!!!! - DW

S&B- tank
    2h - usefull for pvp
    Bow - is good only with DW.

LOL, indeed you make good jolks
    Options
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    While I agree some skills could use stamina morphs, I don't agree they should do it. Here's why:

- which morphs do Stam get? Should mag get full utility while Stam gets a dmg morph? There's only two options for each skill, so which receives what? I believe this to be a problem that zos has, particularly with templars. Look at empowering sweeps, the mag version is utility but they have the high DMG morph to Stam to give Stam more options. But they forgot that DB outperforms cresant sweep, and magpkars used the old form which removed their options.
    - Stam lines have instant cast abilities which can be chained easily together. Compare that to certain class should which are utility based, higher cost, and have to deal with higher spell resistance of enemies. Having more options is a bonus for mag, knowing you can adapt over not having a strong burst chain
    - assuming each archytype can pull a stamor mag ability to their bar, the stamina classes have the same access to the mag abilities for utility. Stamplars are not locked out of purge, Stam sorcs use dark deal to turn mag into stam/heals, DK's gained major mending via a mag cost ability while turning mag into stam with helping hands. Mag classes cannot afford to run certain stam abilities and if we do we have to slot a weapon that will give us a benefit (swords). We also don't have many abilities to turn Stam into mag and even if we do it's using a 16k Stam pool which only has enough juice to save for dodge rolling/blocking.
    - stamina weapons gained ultimates. That was the last balance change they needed. I feel like they are in a good place for PvP.

This is why I think upon earning the morph of an ability you should be given a choice to go a stamina route or a magicka route. After making that selection you'll get two morph options just like normal only they'll either both be stam or both mag. this would eliminate the utility or dmg issue. The option would really just be available for attacks and not buffs. For example a stam sorc would still use magicka to cast crit surge and would need a small pool for that stuff just like a mag sorc needs stamina for dodge, cc, etc but say a stamina morph of liquid lightning might become acid rain (it's storm calling not lightning calling), do poison damage, and cost stamina. The duration, size, and damage would be the same as the magicka morph. the resource used and damage type would change. Maybe Overload becomes Monsoon and does physical damage wind bursts (LA) or gails of wind (HA) that give back stamina and a third bar. Sure stam would have the benefit of weapon lines they could use as well but we're all limited to the same number of ability slots and there's still only going to be certain combinations that make for a usable build. Mag classes wouldn't need to run weapon skills anyway as destro skills are pretty solid. Sure it's only one line but depending on the damage type the attacks take on different effects. I would be into expanding that a bit in some way but that's another topic. Remember it's not really about creating more stamina abilities as much as it's about allowing the stamina version of a class to stay true to the unique qualities of that class. Also, remember the Warden class is already attempting (albeit poorly imo) to dip into this concept.
    Options
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip
    - Fiery Grip
    - Inhale
    - Petrify
    - Ash Cloud

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness
    - Strife
    - Agony
    - Cripple

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight
    - Crystal Shard
    - Encase
    - Daedric Mines
    - Mage's Fury
    - Lightning Splash

Templar
    - Focused Charge
    - Sun Fire
    - Solar Flare
    - Radiant Destruction
    - Healing Ritural
    - Cleansing Ritual

Racials aren't game-changing, but if I had to break it down I'd say:

Stamina
    Bosmer
    Khajiit
    Nord
    Orc
    Redguard
    Imperial

Magicka
    Altmer
    Argonian
    Breton
    Dunmer - also gains stamina, but slight edge to magicka in passives
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    seedubsrun wrote: »

This is why I think upon earning the morph of an ability you should be given a choice to go a stamina route or a magicka route. After making that selection you'll get two morph options just like normal only they'll either both be stam or both mag. this would eliminate the utility or dmg issue. The option would really just be available for attacks and not buffs. For example a stam sorc would still use magicka to cast crit surge and would need a small pool for that stuff just like a mag sorc needs stamina for dodge, cc, etc but say a stamina morph of liquid lightning might become acid rain (it's storm calling not lightning calling), do poison damage, and cost stamina. The duration, size, and damage would be the same as the magicka morph. the resource used and damage type would change. Maybe Overload becomes Monsoon and does physical damage wind bursts (LA) or gails of wind (HA) that give back stamina and a third bar. Sure stam would have the benefit of weapon lines they could use as well but we're all limited to the same number of ability slots and there's still only going to be certain combinations that make for a usable build. Mag classes wouldn't need to run weapon skills anyway as destro skills are pretty solid. Sure it's only one line but depending on the damage type the attacks take on different effects. I would be into expanding that a bit in some way but that's another topic. Remember it's not really about creating more stamina abilities as much as it's about allowing the stamina version of a class to stay true to the unique qualities of that class. Also, remember the Warden class is already attempting (albeit poorly imo) to dip into this concept.

Sorry, do you know that mDK class playing style is absolutely melee? I can't play mDK without those melee skills, and you want to take them away?

Making those skills a melee version pigeonholes mDKs into a moar niche playing style that they have now. Sure, I support Choking talons as a stam morph doing poison dmg (it makes sanse) but you can't gut one version of the class to make sure the other is strong.

It's the same than if I ask for all the stam wpn skill lines a magicka morph... how about a magica version of WB?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Sorry, do you know that mDK class playing style is absolutely melee? I can't play mDK without those melee skills, and you want to take them away?

Making those skills a melee version pigeonholes mDKs into a moar niche playing style that they have now. Sure, I support Choking talons as a stam morph doing poison dmg (it makes sanse) but you can't gut one version of the class to make sure the other is strong.

It's the same than if I ask for all the stam wpn skill lines a magicka morph... how about a magica version of WB?

Who said anything about taking away melee skills? That would be ridiculous. I was simply saying that as a mag main it wouldn't offend me in any way giving stam players more options even though they already have 4 weapon lines to choose from and mag only has 1. If you're a mag character that relies on some melee skills, the changes I posed wouldn't affect that in anyway

Edit: Also I was only referring to class abilities that would get alternate morphs not weapon skills
    Edited by seedubsrun on May 17, 2017 6:33PM
    Options
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_nq9vzyX97h1upwz95o2_400.gif
    THE NEW STANDARD FOR BALANCE!!!

Edited by DragonBound on May 17, 2017 7:06PM
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip
    - Fiery Grip
    - Inhale
    - Petrify
    - Ash Cloud

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness
    - Strife
    - Agony
    - Cripple

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight
    - Crystal Shard
    - Encase
    - Daedric Mines
    - Mage's Fury
    - Lightning Splash

Templar
    - Focused Charge
    - Sun Fire
    - Solar Flare
    - Radiant Destruction
    - Healing Ritural
    - Cleansing Ritual

Racials aren't game-changing, but if I had to break it down I'd say:

Stamina
    Bosmer
    Khajiit
    Nord
    Orc
    Redguard
    Imperial

Magicka
    Altmer
    Argonian
    Breton
    Dunmer - also gains stamina, but slight edge to magicka in passives

Yes racial matters when you are comparing stamina and magicka!

Those who make khajit sorcerer ibstead of high elf sorcerer loses noticable dps!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on May 17, 2017 7:50PM
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet there are 4 weapons lines for stamina (including ultimates) including fighters guild

Magickas have 2 weapon lines and only half of the mages guild is viable for them

The facts are
    Magicka is more viable for PvE (due to shields an survivability)
    Stamina is OP in PvP.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Who said anything about taking away melee skills? That would be ridiculous. I was simply saying that as a mag main it wouldn't offend me in any way giving stam players more options even though they already have 4 weapon lines to choose from and mag only has 1. If you're a mag character that relies on some melee skills, the changes I posed wouldn't affect that in anyway

Edit: Also I was only referring to class abilities that would get alternate morphs not weapon skills

That's the point. If you advocate for destro line as main line for magicka based DK, what's the point in making a DK if he has no ranged skills besides stone giant? Better going on with Sorc or Mageblade.

If you count all the options stam has and all the options magicka has per class you will get similar numbers

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Standard of might got nerfed becasue balance of the whip, which has nothing to do with stamina at all. In other words, stamina gets affected for a magicka balance.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭

That's the point. If you advocate for destro line as main line for magicka based DK, what's the point in making a DK if he has no ranged skills besides stone giant? Better going on with Sorc or Mageblade.

If you count all the options stam has and all the options magicka has per class you will get similar numbers

At no point did I advocate for magDKs to use destro for main. I don't care what they use, that's up to the player and not even close to the point I was making. Use the April Fool's broom and a slingshot for all I care.

Also, it doesn't matter if you add up all stam options and mag options and they end up being a similar number. That's also not the point. All I said was as it pertains to the skills of a class that make that class unique, there should be more options for stam characters. It would be purely additive and wouldn't take anything away from anyone, especially your DK. All current skills would still exist as they are. Only difference is some stamina skills would also offer some magicka morphs and some magicka skills would offer some stamina morphs purely to give the player the option to immerse themselves more into the class based on their play style. How would being given more options to play the game the way you want to play it while simultaneously taking nothing away from anyone be a bad thing?
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

At no point did I advocate for magDKs to use destro for main. I don't care what they use, that's up to the player and not even close to the point I was making. Use the April Fool's broom and a slingshot for all I care.

Also, it doesn't matter if you add up all stam options and mag options and they end up being a similar number. That's also not the point. All I said was as it pertains to the skills of a class that make that class unique, there should be more options for stam characters. It would be purely additive and wouldn't take anything away from anyone, especially your DK. All current skills would still exist as they are. Only difference is some stamina skills would also offer some magicka morphs and some magicka skills would offer some stamina morphs purely to give the player the option to immerse themselves more into the class based on their play style. How would being given more options to play the game the way you want to play it while simultaneously taking nothing away from anyone be a bad thing?

I want a mDK using a bow... I can't. I accept it.

Is that so hard to get?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭

Is that so hard to get?

So you're saying you would want magicka versions of weapon skills? Should've just said that. I would be interested in that too but figured it would open up a whole can of worms on the topic with all sorts of conflicts. I just figured doing it at the class level would be the better bet.
    Options
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is that so hard to get?

There used to be a morph for the bow that did fire damage.
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip
    - Fiery Grip
    - Inhale
    - Petrify
    - Ash Cloud

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness
    - Strife
    - Agony
    - Cripple

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight
    - Crystal Shard
    - Encase
    - Daedric Mines
    - Mage's Fury
    - Lightning Splash

Templar
    - Focused Charge
    - Sun Fire
    - Solar Flare
    - Radiant Destruction
    - Healing Ritural
    - Cleansing Ritual

High elf
    Dark elf
    Breton
    Argonian
    Vs the Rest

Redguard and Imperial are the only great stamina races

So 4 vs 2
    Edited by Anti_Virus on May 18, 2017 1:40AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip
    - Fiery Grip
    - Inhale
    - Petrify
    - Ash Cloud

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness
    - Strife
    - Agony
    - Cripple

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight
    - Crystal Shard
    - Encase
    - Daedric Mines
    - Mage's Fury
    - Lightning Splash

Templar
    - Focused Charge
    - Sun Fire
    - Solar Flare
    - Radiant Destruction
    - Healing Ritural
    - Cleansing Ritual

High elf
    Dark elf
    Breton
    Argonian
    Vs the Rest

Redguard and Imperial are the only great stamina race

So 4 vs 2

Well no...

Woodelf (stam nb)
    Orc (anything)
    Khajitt (pve)

Are all good as well

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GriMTriAd wrote: »
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    A useful side discussion may be weapon magicka morphs. Give magicka players a way out of staff/staff builds.

This is the primary reason I don't play Magicka. Every time I come up with a concept I think I would like I then remember I'm going to use Staff/Staff and it never gets any farther.

As for my opinion on the subject:

I would prefer to see one tree in each class become stamina, one have a mixed set with morphs for both, and one purely magicka. Feel free to push classes toward one side of the other as appropriate for the class. in contrast, there needs to be more weapon variety in magicka, and some weapons could use a couple magicka morphs. Bow (I'm leary to suggest this as I'm running bow/bow for fun and this could ruin it's viability) in particular might be a good fit for Magicka morphs as it keeps them ranged. Two hander is another weapon I would look at for the Battlemage concept at not every Magicka user wants to be (or even really has the option to be) at range.

Also, it doesn't matter where stamina vs. magicka started, this is the way things are now so seriously, why is that a discussion? To that end, tanks can be effective as Hybrid or stamina, Healers are magicka, and dps can go stamina or magicka. That breakdown is largely okay. Build diversity in Stamina sucks currently so it would be nice to see that improved and it looks like it might happen a bit more in 3.0 with the 2h changes.

It's just as easy to conceive class skills that would be stamina based (most of the assassin skill line) as it is to think of weapon skills that are magicka based (enchant weapon, spectral copies of your weapon, teleport strike, on hit effects). As it is, we already have magic arrows (last I checked I pull them out of a quiver of unlimited ammunition) so actually firing a magic arrow (one made of energy) would feel about the same.

As for the "Magicka would never use a Stamina ability" argument... that's a stupid argument, it's grounded in "here and now" thinking. What you should be asking is, "would Magicka ever want to use a stamina ability" and yes, for the exact same reason that stamina characters currently wants to use Magicka abilities. Some of the stamina counterparts should be strong enough to encourage Magicka users to take them. You still have both resource bars so ignoring one completely is dumb and only speaks to the lack of good options on stamina's side. Imagine if you could reserve some of your stamina (a percent) for a toggle that increased your crit or penetration or weapon power and didn't require two slots to use (because your stamina is still reserved while it is toggle on). That still gives magicka users plenty of stamina to roll dodge and block while being much worse on non-resource stable stamina builds by reducing their available pool for all their defense actions as well as their attacks.

Magic characters don't use stam skills because they really can't. Stam characters have a dump stat of magicka that is not used. Magicka characters have to use their off pool for dodging, running, etc. Adding new skills won't change that.
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And yet there are 4 weapons lines for stamina (including ultimates) including fighters guild

Magickas have 2 weapon lines and only half of the mages guild is viable for them

The facts are
    Magicka is more viable for PvE (due to shields an survivability)
    Stamina is OP in PvP.

I want to point out that the Destruction Skill line due to the way the passives function is really 3 different weapons. An Ice Staff functions nothing at all like a Fire or Lightning staff. I personally hope that eventually they will split off Destruction into 3 separate skill lines to end this complaint. That being said I am a proponent of the devs adding more weapon choices to the game. I'd love to see spellcrafting, more weapons, more magical skills, and more stamina skills.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the Tricky Thing. In a game where magic exists, should you be able to harness that magic with your muscles? Should you be able to conjure fire because you're strong? Should you be able to bring down lightning on your enemies because you can run fast? Or should those feats require some form of magicka cost?

In the grand scheme, I do believe that Magic should be the most visually diverse resource, as it's taking something ethereal and harnessing it with the power of your mind.

I honestly think that several class skills should not be stamina morphs. Such as the Templar's Biting Jabs.

This is, of course, had they made Physical weapons plentiful in the base game. Which they haven't, yet.

It would be perfect if in later iterations of this game, They diversified the pool of physical damage weapons, adding such things as Spears, Long/Shortbows, Quivers, Fists. Allow more in depth customization of the weapons and add restrictions (such as melee and bows only being able to use poisons). Then make most class skills Magicka Based, the few of which that are stamina based are either Damage buffs or CQC CC skills. Then introduce a spell crafting system, such that all classes can make similar skills to what other classes have, but because of their class passives they may excel in particular areas. Have the Mages guild Allow you to begin Spell Crafting, and let the fighters guild allow you to learn techniques from their fighters for particular weapons.
    Options