The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

87% of Class Skills are Magicka (131) vs. Stamina (19) - Is this Balanced?

• old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a stupid argument.. how many duel wield skills are magic based, how many 2 hander melee skills magic based, how many sword and board skills are magic based, how many bow skills are magic based... the answer is ZERO!! OMG look at the imbalance!!!

Or better yet.. how many weapon skill lines are magic based and allow you to have 2 weapons allowing for 2 set items.. NONE!!!

How many times can a stamina player block vs a magic player, or how much longer can they sprint for, or how many times can that dodge roll avoid 100% damage vs a magic player...

Its really easy to nit pick one aspect stamina vs magic and how it effects players while totally ignoring all the other areas that stamina is out right better or has more options.

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of reworking some of the lesser used magicka based class skill morphs to be stam morphs. They should also add in a new weapon skill line for magicka (ie something like dual wands) or add in magicka morphs to the dual wield line and rework the passives so that both stam and mag benefit from the dual wield.
    Something else they could do is rework the fighters guild skills so they are better thus giving stam users some more choices, as far as i know most people only use trap and dawn breaker.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is balanced as long as a stamina build can fullfill its role. The fact that you have to achieve that goal with far less individual skills makes it maybe more boring, but not less balanced if you are able to achieve the goal. Balance is a matter of effectivity, not of flavor or personal taste.

Btw, there are more Weapon skill lines directed to stamina and there are still utility skills you use on magicka base as a stamina user and vice versa.

Edited by Flameheart on May 15, 2017 9:32AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you determine whether ultimates are magicka or stamina? Don't they scale off of your highest resource?
    Kiss the chaos.
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    How do you determine whether ultimates are magicka or stamina? Don't they scale off of your highest resource?

CP system. Take f.e. overload: elemental damage, uses spell penetration, magicka return on use - its about 5k lower tooltip damage on a stamina char than magicka.
  • ziggy29
    ziggy29
    ✭✭✭
    I would expect there to be fewer stamina-based skills, since you need stamina for so many other game mechanics that enhance survivability (blocking, dodging, breaking free of CC effects, and so on). Because you need stamina for all these things, I would expect to lean more on magicka for the skills, at least for most builds. That said, yes, the imbalance does seem a little extreme for most classes (though I'd totally expect it for a sorc, for example).
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »
    It is balanced as long as a stamina build can fullfill its role. The fact that you have to achieve that goal with far less individual skills makes it maybe more boring, but not less balanced if you are able to achieve the goal. Balance is a matter of effectivity, not of flavor or personal taste.

Btw, there are more Weapon skill lines directed to stamina and there are still utility skills you use on magicka base as a stamina user and vice versa.

Again, its the backpack from the past: the original vision was vastly different from the current state of the game. Lets not forget the total chaos at release, when pretty much nobody understood, which skill used weapon power/crit and spell power/crit (destro staff used weapon power f.e.) - at the end, if im not mistaken, everyone used weapon power :) . Not to mention the obvious softcaps in-game.

The game evolved - well, at least changed - but not fully.

Oh, BTW, i mall for a second, dual-wield (wand and tome, whatever) magicka skill line.
    Edited by jeskah on May 15, 2017 11:26AM
  • Thargs
    Thargs
    from what I have seen in game so far, magicka do have more power up their sleves but do have to balance with more survival skill since yes, stamina is needed for survival utility, and as magicka base build, you kinda waste point in putting stat in stamina just for those utility. I play a stamknight, and many in my guilds use magicka build and reach up to 7k spell power unbuffed, this is where the unbalance come into play, not with the amount of skill, but the way stat work and how it reduce non-magicka build chance to do content, of course everyone will prefer a 7k spell power over my 4.5k unbuffed weapon power.
    The skill are entirely fine and well balanced in my opinion, I think it only come into balancing the stat more than the actual skill. Diversity is good to a certain point, after, its polishing what make those skill strong that is require now.

But again, that is my opinion based off what I saw in game and what I experienced.
    sorry for possible english grammar fail.
    Edited by Thargs on May 15, 2017 11:42AM
  • Omnipresent
    Omnipresent
    ✭✭
    Yes just bieng able to use ALL the NB class skills has made the Pelinals set a gamechanger, i rock 5 piece undaunted infiltrator along with it and my wep/spell damage seems low compared to alot of builds when you look at the numbers but heavy attacks alone with a lighning staff enchanted with an absorb stamina glyph can get me through alot of this games content and i wouldnt be using any resources... throw in a staff ult and and some siphoning skills and its amazing. I couldnt do this with a bow on my best days.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank posting this because my english is not very good . this just show not only Magicka and Stamina are imbalance but a lot of stuff , sure stamina build have so many limitation and are just not fun ,let face it and be honest eso is not a bad game but combat is the weakest part of eso

btw now most class resource management are nerf NP but the sorc still enjoy Dark Exchange and have resource management OP lolol good job ,Blood Magic, Critical Surge, Oo come on is very obvious some people need help to balance this game is got any logic there , this game a lot of potential but now is all waste and screw because terrible judgement , is only 1 month i`m back and after 20 day , i`m thinking to cancel my sub , because everything touching the combat is disappointing , come one go look ,your set item so boring the 4 first stats is always the same and after bonus set 5 one more useless 10% proc bonus , idk sometime i just feel some people so far out oO

Edited by charley222 on May 15, 2017 4:34PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • manfred.wieserb16_ESO
    ... some days ago a was talking to a friend that i am feeling like you now write it down :-)
  • Etchos
    Etchos
    ✭✭✭
    As has been previously said the thing that isn't taken into account in the "numbers" is that as a Magicka user I will never slot any Stam skills. But as a Stamina user there are huge amounts of Magicka skills that I would want to slot.

One extreme example is that in the numbers above is Dark Deal which is a Magicka skill but it is for a Stam build. How many Magsorcs are running around with that on their bar? But a huge amount of Stam sorcs are running it and view it as an essential skill. Including skills/morphs that by design are for restoring stamina but costing magicka skews the picture.

On nightblade shadowy disguise is a magicka skill but as it cloaks me and gives me a guaranteed crit on my next attack its great for Stam builds in PVP. I wouldn't want this to be a Stam morph that would make survival more difficult for me as a Stamblade.

Other notables "mass hysteria", "reapers mark", "syphoning attacks" "crit surge" "dark deal"............ (not too familiar with Templars and Dragonknights but I'm sure there are ones for those classes to.

As a Stamblade I run 2 weapon skills on both my bars. I'm not dependant on them to be effective. And I run 4 skills that are Magicka based because they help with survival.

I don't want magicka class skills changed to Stam morphs because I don't want everything coming out of one resource pool because then id run dry. Why should my fear, cloak and resource return come out of my stamina pot along with my dodge rolls, blocks and ability costs when magicka users can use their stam to block and dodge while using magicka for abilities and utilities?

This is a lot more balanced then op is making out. But that's what happens when you put a big frame round a painting......you think you see it all but a lot of it is hidden.
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, but did you include weapon skill lines or did you exclude that factor to meet your agenda?

There's a specific reason why most class skills are magicka only. BECAUSE STAMINA USES CLASS SKILLS AS UTILITY BUT RELY ON WEAPON SKILLS.

Until magicka classes also have 3 additional weapon lines, and no the resto staff doesn't count, then you cannot logically actually think it would be fair for stamina to have larger pieces of the pie when that piece is also infringing on the magicka side.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeskah wrote: »
    Flameheart wrote: »

Again, its the backpack from the past: the original vision was vastly different from the current state of the game. Lets not forget the total chaos at release, when pretty much nobody understood, which skill used weapon power/crit and spell power/crit (destro staff used weapon power f.e.) - at the end, if im not mistaken, everyone used weapon power :) . Not to mention the obvious softcaps in-game.

The game evolved - well, at least changed - but not fully.

Oh, BTW, i mall for a second, dual-wield (wand and tome, whatever) magicka skill line.

I remember that chaos well, yes. Reminded me for Molten Core in WoW where shamans got willpower sets as MP5-users :-)
    I even agree that stamina could need some more variety, but it's not a matter of effectivity and therefore balance. You could overexert Zenimax' ability to test, fix and patch things bugfree though. They will have a very large to do list after Morrowind release within a week...

To limit the boredom I just play one stamina build (see my sig). Have you seen one, you have seen all and stamina NBs are even the class with the most variety. In addition you are able to play all 3 roles as a magicka user, by just doing a simple gear and skill swap and that's freedom par excellence.

Edited by Flameheart on May 15, 2017 1:43PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    Did ZoS make the stamina class or did WE the players make the stamina class?

We created the concept, but it was a quick and dirty answer to it from ZOS that set us up for the place we are today.

In short, the game was designed so that class skills would be magicka, weapon skills would be stamina, except for destruction and restoration. Seems that the intent was that players would put some points into stamina and some points into magicka and draw from both. Hybrids. From what I understand, this pre-dates Wrobel.

ZOS got "lazy" when they decided to open up class skills to stamina by making morphs instead of entire skill lines.

It is a new character problem. At the start, the character might need to be a hybrid. Some points into magicka for class skills and some into magicka or stamina, depending on weapon. Later on, as stamina morphs become available, it is possible to turn the character into a stamina-only build, with points in magicka that aren't needed. Respec required and wasted effort on magicka skills.

They should have either left every class skill magicka or had class skill lines entirely based on magicka or stamina. No stamina morphs. I dunno who had that idea, but it was not a good one. That person is not invited to be on my game design team. :smile:

Edited by Elsonso on May 15, 2017 1:44PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etchos wrote: »
    As has been previously said the thing that isn't taken into account in the "numbers" is that as a Magicka user I will never slot any Stam skills. But as a Stamina user there are huge amounts of Magicka skills that I would want to slot.

One extreme example is that in the numbers above is Dark Deal which is a Magicka skill but it is for a Stam build. How many Magsorcs are running around with that on their bar? But a huge amount of Stam sorcs are running it and view it as an essential skill. Including skills/morphs that by design are for restoring stamina but costing magicka skews the picture.

On nightblade shadowy disguise is a magicka skill but as it cloaks me and gives me a guaranteed crit on my next attack its great for Stam builds in PVP. I wouldn't want this to be a Stam morph that would make survival more difficult for me as a Stamblade.

Other notables "mass hysteria", "reapers mark", "syphoning attacks" "crit surge" "dark deal"............ (not too familiar with Templars and Dragonknights but I'm sure there are ones for those classes to.

As a Stamblade I run 2 weapon skills on both my bars. I'm not dependant on them to be effective. And I run 4 skills that are Magicka based because they help with survival.

I don't want magicka class skills changed to Stam morphs because I don't want everything coming out of one resource pool because then id run dry. Why should my fear, cloak and resource return come out of my stamina pot along with my dodge rolls, blocks and ability costs when magicka users can use their stam to block and dodge while using magicka for abilities and utilities?

This is a lot more balanced then op is making out. But that's what happens when you put a big frame round a painting......you think you see it all but a lot of it is hidden.

Please don't call "this is a lot more balanced th[a]n I am making out." Did you read the first post of the thread? I say that there needs to be more magicka skills than stamina, but suggest a less drastic difference.

Since you seem intent on targeting specific utility skills that wouldn't benefit much from change to stamina, I would like to draw your focus to skills (mostly damage skills) that would make more sense to change. Tell me why these skills, which are currently double-magicka morphs, shouldn't have BOTH a magicka and a stamina morph. We'll use the 4 classes currently in-game:

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip
    - Fiery Grip
    - Inhale
    - Petrify
    - Ash Cloud

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness
    - Strife
    - Agony
    - Cripple

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight
    - Crystal Shard
    - Encase
    - Daedric Mines
    - Mage's Fury
    - Lightning Splash

Templar
    - Focused Charge
    - Sun Fire
    - Solar Flare
    - Radiant Destruction
    - Healing Ritural
    - Cleansing Ritual

I'm not saying that these are the only skills that should also receive a stamina morph, nor am I saying that all of these should. However, I think strong arguments can be made that all of the skills that I listed should also have a stamina morph.

Edit: Typo
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on May 15, 2017 2:53PM
  • Fiskerton
    Fiskerton
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the whole point of the magicka/stamina split to be a class/weapons split? I think that's a split that makes sense; class skills are inherently magical and weapon skills need physical effort. The fix would be to make hybridization stronger by getting rid of this resource-pool scaling nonsense. There's no reason to force people into one or the other to vary builds when there's already a system in place that could be tweaked to create a variety of builds: item sets.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A useful side discussion may be weapon magicka morphs. Give magicka players a way out of staff/staff builds.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    I just wish they realized their mistake and made corrections when adding a new class, but it doesn't look like it. Swarm should obviously have a stamina morph. It is the key DPS ability for the entire class and not giving it a stamina morph is just so sad.

They really had a great opportunity to make a viable ranged Stamina setup. Like a ranger of some sort that could run Bow/Bow. But they blew it, unfortunately.

because they didn't just add a new class... they dug up the WARDEN code from the ALPHA.. BAM, DONE!

ESO needs a new balance team, and a proper rebalance/redesign of skills/class systems.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fiskerton wrote: »
    Wasn't the whole point of the magicka/stamina split to be a class/weapons split? I think that's a split that makes sense; class skills are inherently magical and weapon skills need physical effort. The fix would be to make hybridization stronger by getting rid of this resource-pool scaling nonsense. There's no reason to force people into one or the other to vary builds when there's already a system in place that could be tweaked to create a variety of builds: item sets.

It would be great to have resources simply be resources, and not change the effectiveness/damage of skills. There's so much tuning involved when you're trying to balance 5 classes, a magicka/stamina divide that is affected by attribute scaling, and sets.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Neighbor wrote: »
    I just wish they realized their mistake and made corrections when adding a new class, but it doesn't look like it. Swarm should obviously have a stamina morph. It is the key DPS ability for the entire class and not giving it a stamina morph is just so sad.

They really had a great opportunity to make a viable ranged Stamina setup. Like a ranger of some sort that could run Bow/Bow. But they blew it, unfortunately.

There's absolutely no excuse for stam warden not to have a class DoT. Mag warden already has so many choices to make

Magicka Warden? They really don't though..... currently Magicka Warden is the worst class spec in the history of ESO.

I'll admit you could find this impressive, but not for arguing that they have too many options :lol:

Stam Warden could get a morph from Swarm, but then we are going to create threads about a much more serious problem - why have everyone use the same skills?

So many people argue that their specific class spec doesn't have every skill they can think of available to them when they're already doing well enough as it is. You can always role a new character and enjoy that different playstyle, but if we keep on giving everything to everyone, then each class will more or less play the same way. \\

Like I said in my post above, it would be best to give every skill three morphs (and unique morphs, not a DoT that simply scales different) rather than having every class play the same but with a different mained resource.

Magika warden shines in both tanking and healing roles. In pvp there are effective builds out already and this is without the expected buff to mag warden DPS.

I agree skill homogenization is bad, however, I don't think that's a good argument against a stamina morph. I think there a tons of unused skills out there ZoS should look at, change as needed, and use that as a way to add build diversity and meaningful choices. Every class has multiple skill/morphs that nobody uses and these are where I believe ZoS should make changes and add to stamina diversity.
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    How does one determine that an Ultimate is a Stamina vs. Magicka ultimate?
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaymorolis wrote: »
    How does one determine that an Ultimate is a Stamina vs. Magicka ultimate?

Based on the type of damage it does. If you read the description it will mention it. It's affected by champion points and armor.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And 66% of weapon lines are stamina based. Omg the inbalance! Magicka classes get their skills from classes, stamina get their skills from weapons. I don't see an issue. Also, many (most?) class skills are utility in nature. I'm glad that crit surge or volatile armor are magicka based because they give me magicka dumps. Stamina classes have the luxury of using two resource pools for abilities. Magicka classes have to save their precious little stamina for break free/dodge roll/blocking.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there were as many stamina skills as magic skills, would would be the distinction between the two? Magic is only utilized by skills, while stamina is utilized by all sorts of things (sprinting, bashing, breaking free, dodge rolling, etc), in other words, athletic movements that you would expect to consume stamina.

If we had a stam morph for every skill, they would be at a huge advantage over magic because they would be able to stack a resource to govern everything. Is the balance perfect? No, but be careful what you wish for.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And 66% of weapon lines are stamina based. Omg the inbalance! Magicka classes get their skills from classes, stamina get their skills from weapons. I don't see an issue. Also, many (most?) class skills are utility in nature. I'm glad that crit surge or volatile armor are magicka based because they give me magicka dumps. Stamina classes have the luxury of using two resource pools for abilities. Magicka classes have to save their precious little stamina for break free/dodge roll/blocking.

I don't think the weapon skill line argument is that strong because a stamina build can only slot two weapon skill lines at a time (same as magicka).
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there were as many stamina skills as magic skills, would would be the distinction between the two? Magic is only utilized by skills, while stamina is utilized by all sorts of things (sprinting, bashing, breaking free, dodge rolling, etc), in other words, athletic movements that you would expect to consume stamina.

If we had a stam morph for every skill, they would be at a huge advantage over magic because they would be able to stack a resource to govern everything. Is the balance perfect? No, but be careful what you wish for.

Who asked for a 50-50 split?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It needs to be said. After years of playing stamina, magicka, and hybrid I feel as though it must be; cannot help but be asked:

What is a stamina class? By this we must assume that outside of the realm of min/maxing stam and magicka "classes" do not exist. This isn't an argument of lexicon, this is an argument of pragmatism.

Do you see what I'm getting at? In order to profess that there is an imbalance between two things we must assert that they exist, as such we define a stamina class as a build that focuses on stamina based skills but we have no issue including with stamdks, stamplars, and of course StamSorcs that all use magicka skills as part of their regular arsenal.

Now, I understand the counterpoint. Even if the devs did not intend to push the community to create this chasm between the two non-existent "classes" that's what, unfortunately, it is now. So what do we do as a solution? We stop asking for one way buffs and nerfs.

The player who thinks they're mature and ahead of the curve for saying, "Just buffs please! Stop nerfs!" is still just as damaging as the salty player who is frothing at the mouth for nerfs, because they're still mindlessly supporting the war between green and blue. Instead we should support an equilibrium in choice, something that ZOS has been trying to do for months now.

There are four, soon to be five, classes. Whatever pre-fix sticks to them after that is the doing of a player trying to be competitive.

tl;dr:

ZoS didn't create class distinction, we the community did.
    The game didn't start as stamina vs magicka, we made it into that.
    One way buffs/nerfs will never solve the problem because we actively contribute to the problem of their only being two options.

This is the most damning but most important point:

If the devs were to make everything balanced I have no doubt that a large chunk of the playerbase, such as the people that argue in these threads, would leave the game.

Correct me if I am wrong here but wasnt hybrids a thing before stamina classes existed? I do recall people saying in beta everything was classless anyways. So in killing the viability in hybrids stamina was born?

At launch most people put every point into health because you got a lot more total points than if you went with magic or stamina.

---

Also, and excuse me if this was mentioned but I didn't see it. Has anyone pointed out that each character does not have access to 75% (soon to be 80% with Warden) of the magic skills? It sounds crazy lopsided but my Templar only has access to 36 magic skills for its class, not 131.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It needs to be said. After years of playing stamina, magicka, and hybrid I feel as though it must be; cannot help but be asked:

What is a stamina class? By this we must assume that outside of the realm of min/maxing stam and magicka "classes" do not exist. This isn't an argument of lexicon, this is an argument of pragmatism.

Do you see what I'm getting at? In order to profess that there is an imbalance between two things we must assert that they exist, as such we define a stamina class as a build that focuses on stamina based skills but we have no issue including with stamdks, stamplars, and of course StamSorcs that all use magicka skills as part of their regular arsenal.

Now, I understand the counterpoint. Even if the devs did not intend to push the community to create this chasm between the two non-existent "classes" that's what, unfortunately, it is now. So what do we do as a solution? We stop asking for one way buffs and nerfs.

The player who thinks they're mature and ahead of the curve for saying, "Just buffs please! Stop nerfs!" is still just as damaging as the salty player who is frothing at the mouth for nerfs, because they're still mindlessly supporting the war between green and blue. Instead we should support an equilibrium in choice, something that ZOS has been trying to do for months now.

There are four, soon to be five, classes. Whatever pre-fix sticks to them after that is the doing of a player trying to be competitive.

tl;dr:

ZoS didn't create class distinction, we the community did.
    The game didn't start as stamina vs magicka, we made it into that.
    One way buffs/nerfs will never solve the problem because we actively contribute to the problem of their only being two options.

This is the most damning but most important point:

If the devs were to make everything balanced I have no doubt that a large chunk of the playerbase, such as the people that argue in these threads, would leave the game.

Correct me if I am wrong here but wasnt hybrids a thing before stamina classes existed? I do recall people saying in beta everything was classless anyways. So in killing the viability in hybrids stamina was born?

At launch most people put every point into health because you got a lot more total points than if you went with magic or stamina.

---

Also, and excuse me if this was mentioned but I didn't see it. Has anyone pointed out that each character does not have access to 75% (soon to be 80% with Warden) of the magic skills? It sounds crazy lopsided but my Templar only has access to 36 magic skills for its class, not 131.

131 is the total between the 5 classes.
  • Etchos
    Etchos
    ✭✭✭
    Etchos wrote: »

Please don't call "this is a lot more balanced th[a]n I am making out." Did you read the first post of the thread? I say that there needs to be more magicka skills than stamina, but suggest a less drastic difference.

Since you seem intent on targeting specific utility skills that wouldn't benefit much from change to stamina, I would like to draw your focus to skills (mostly damage skills) that would make more sense to change. Tell me why these skills, which are currently double-magicka morphs, shouldn't have BOTH a magicka and a stamina morph. We'll use the 4 classes currently in-game:

Dragonknight
    - Lava Whip (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Fiery Grip (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Inhale (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Petrify (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Ash Cloud (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)

Nightblade
    - Path of Darkness (possibly the worst idea ever)
    - Strife (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Agony (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Cripple (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)

Sorcerer
    - Winged Twilight (this might be ok)
    - Crystal Shard (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Encase (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Daedric Mines (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Mage's Fury (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Lightning Splash (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)

Templar (because healing spells get better when you lift weights?)
    - Focused Charge (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Sun Fire (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Solar Flare (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Radiant Destruction (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Healing Ritural (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)
    - Cleansing Ritual (what possible benefit to the game would this bring?)

I'm not saying that these are the only skills that should also receive a stamina morph, nor am I saying that all of these should. However, I think strong arguments can be made that all of the skills that I listed should also have a stamina morph.

Edit: Typo

The simple answer is because it would ruin the game. but please refer to the above.