The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shields shouldn't stack, and recasting them shouldn't refresh

• grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    DHale wrote: »
    I have not stacked shields since dark brotherhood a four second period of two shield is not worth it. They are knocked off in a few seconds anyway. Any stamina user with a two hander can bust all but the bast sorcs down in a few seconds. I play on na pc and there are three sorcs I truly fear the arcane, force siphon, irylias, and German who has another name. There are a few other good ones but with a two hander stam sorc or stam DK it is manageable for most experienced players.

Thank you. I mean with CP cost reduction removed stacking shields will not be even viable.

Even in the current meta - and I made a post about this - casting 2 shields is such a resource waste for what turns out to be 4-5 second shield which gets burst down so fast.

So many people complaining that just need to learn how to burst Sorcs. It's not that hard. Just root a Sorc and force them to waste Stam and they can't survive at all. That's just one spam strat I see people use that is very effective.

that is just not true.
    everything in that comment is just not true.

I've mained a Sorc since year 1 - yes it is.
    Drishtan wrote: »
    I have not stacked shields since dark brotherhood a four second period of two shield is not worth it. They are knocked off in a few seconds anyway. Any stamina user with a two hander can bust all but the bast sorcs down in a few seconds. I play on na pc and there are three sorcs I truly fear the arcane, force siphon, irylias, and German who has another name. There are a few other good ones but with a two hander stam sorc or stam DK it is manageable for most experienced players.

Thank you. I mean with CP cost reduction removed stacking shields will not be even viable.

Even in the current meta - and I made a post about this - casting 2 shields is such a resource waste for what turns out to be 4-5 second shield which gets burst down so fast.

So many people complaining that just need to learn how to burst Sorcs. It's not that hard. Just root a Sorc and force them to waste Stam and they can't survive at all. That's just one spam strat I see people use that is very effective.

You ever see a sorc run amberplasm? You cant run them out of stam period.

Bone pirate got a nerf but amberplasm didnt???

Thats balanced for sure....

I run several PvP builds - Amberplasm was one of them with Pirate Skeleton

Unless some Sorc you're playing puts Stam regen on every piece they can - I don't know what you're talking about.

Running spell power and 1 regen glyph still nets just at 1200. Go fight a DK or someone really good at root rotations and you'll run out very fast against them especially with poisons.

The only thing that needs to be removed or nerf hammered is Pirate Skeleton. I don't use it anymore because it feels like cheating.

You should start playing other classes instead of coming here to dimiss other's opinions that look for class balance. Because that was we were promised BALANCE.

No nerfs to sorcs, but nerfs to the other 3 classes = NO BALANCE

No nerf to Sorcs = no balance? Lol. I bet if Nightblades or whatever you play got buffed you wouldn't be here.

It's irrational people incapable of coherent discussion that have tunnel vision that ruin games because all they do is complain complain complain until they get their way.

All you see is nerf and all of a sudden the sky is falling and everything is broken.

MMOs are NEVER balanced. Ever.

Go ahead and flame on man but removing cost reduction and recovery is a nerf to Sorc but you , and most people raging without even playing the patch, obviously do not play Sorcs.

• Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then under your premise shouldn't dots do the same then? Not being able to reapply them before they expire??
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

that is just not true.

Unless some Sorc you're playing puts Stam regen on every piece they can - I don't know what you're talking about.

Running spell power and 1 regen glyph still nets just at 1200. Go fight a DK or someone really good at root rotations and you'll run out very fast against them especially with poisons.

The only thing that needs to be removed or nerf hammered is Pirate Skeleton. I don't use it anymore because it feels like cheating.

You should start playing other classes instead of coming here to dimiss other's opinions that look for class balance. Because that was we were promised BALANCE.

No nerf to Sorcs = no balance? Lol. I bet if Nightblades or whatever you play got buffed you wouldn't be here.

It's irrational people incapable of coherent discussion that have tunnel vision that ruin games because all they do is complain complain complain until they get their way.

All you see is nerf and all of a sudden the sky is falling and everything is broken.

Go ahead and flame on man but removing cost reduction and recovery is a nerf to Sorc but you , and most people raging without even playing the patch, obviously do not play Sorcs.

What buff to NB? Show me the buff and I can explain you why it is not a buff

I believe it is the "buff" to shadow barrier, but that's barely a buff. Stamblades have their main spammable skill in that line, so they are constantly refreshing its duration.

Mageblades rely on cloak mostly so they have to be casting it each 3 secs to be alive. Mageblade playing stye at this moment is ranged, so neither CW, Fear, and refreshing path is worth slotting and shades just work on combat (can't be casted outside of combat). And even if melee mageblade was playable, their main spammable should be CW.

So tell me, what's the point on that buff?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Then under your premise shouldn't dots do the same then? Not being able to reapply them before they expire??

That's a great buff IMHO

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is just not true.

I believe it is the "buff" to shadow barrier, but that's barely a buff. Stamblades have their main spammable skill in that line, so they are constantly refreshing its duration.

Mageblades rely on cloak mostly so they have to be casting it each 3 secs to be alive. Mageblade playing stye at this moment is ranged, so neither CW, Fear, and refreshing path is worth slotting and shades just work on combat (can't be casted outside of combat). And even if melee mageblade was playable, their main spammable should be CW.

Reread my post. I said "if" you had received a buff none of you all would be complaining.
    Edited by grim_tactics on April 27, 2017 7:10PM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If they can't be purged, sure.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

that is just not true.

Reread my post. I said "if" you had received a buff none of you all would be complaining.

I've been here complaining for NBs nerfes since almost always.

And if I'm not going on NB nerfes, theres another class called Dragonknight...

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcerer class simply does too much damage and is able to survive large groups in both pvp and pve.

All Truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed, it is then Violently apposed, Third, it is accepted as being self evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Silly simply silly,

Obviously doing both would be Overkill, but that's what you want isn't it?

You're wrong. You need to L2P and stop crutching on OP shield stacking. In the long run I'm doing you a favor.

Well its not exactly a L2P issue, when its kinda the only viable form of defense that a Sorc has... They don't synergize well with heavy armor because they don't have any sustain tools outside of cost reduction and recovery, they don't have any class heals (outside of the Twilight and Surge).

Shield stacking used to be OP. Its pretty laughable now to what it used to be, to be honest. Everyone does much more damage than before, and shields haven't changed. I mean I can smoke through both shields on any class that I know how to play properly (except MagDK cause DoTs = free magicka for the Sorc and wearing down shields doesn't work when shielding is so easy). Its really never been a problem for me. In a 1v1, yes shields are very strong defensive mechanics. But as you probably know, they kinda suck when it comes to open world and when you have multiple people on you, much like Healing and very much unlike Resistances, % Mitigation and Block which always keep the same effectiveness and even less like Roll Dodge which becomes more effective the more incoming damage there is.

Plus no need to be rude to every Sorc you meet.

Yup. I don't care about sorcs in open world. But as a stam NB and the higher tier magicka sorcs in a duel.... you know the the rest. In 1v1 a top shelf magicka sorc can basically hang back and keep shields up almost the entire duel without too much issue.

Thing is, with battlegrounds being true closed off small scale melee pvp, magicka sorcs could still pose an annoyance. With many players probably calling them "op".

If every other class is being balanced, then sorcs and their shields should be addressed to.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

that is just not true.

Mageblades rely on cloak mostly so they have to be casting it each 3 secs to be alive.

Mageblade playing stye at this moment is ranged, so neither CW, Fear, and refreshing path is worth slotting

jackie-chan-whut.jpg
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on April 27, 2017 8:27PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

what's "Overkill" is the ability to cast those shields like that constantly and survive large groups of people attacking you in pvp and also pve.
    it is overpowered.

Someone got 1vX'ed and is salty about it!

I'm cool with preventing hardened and harness stacking, the problem is that very few Sorcs out there will survive my nightblade opener without drinking an immovable pot beforehand. :trollface:

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone who complaining here at sorcerers shields beeing OP and calling for total nerfs played atleast 5 minutes on PTS to check how new changes affected shieldstacking ?

I am asking without any sarcasm and irony seriously.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Does anyone who complaining here at sorcerers shields beeing OP and calling for total nerfs played atleast 5 minutes on PTS to check how new changes affected shieldstacking ?

Played MagSorc in Battlegrounds extensively on PTS. It's top dog.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭

Have you played the other classes with the same exact nerfs sorcs got and the nerfs their class got as well???

Really I wait!!!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

what's "Overkill" is the ability to cast those shields like that constantly and survive large groups of people attacking you in pvp and also pve.
    it is overpowered.

What about spamming Ambush or Fear? That's not OP?

What fear? That skill is dead for stamblades, there's no way to use it anymore

U crazy bro? Fear is a dead skill? Its the best CC in the game.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

that is just not true.

You should start by L2P your existing classes and playing Sorc also. Going on PTS helps too. Then talk about balance.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

You're wrong. You need to L2P and stop crutching on OP shield stacking. In the long run I'm doing you a favor.

Well its not exactly a L2P issue, when its kinda the only viable form of defense that a Sorc has... They don't synergize well with heavy armor because they don't have any sustain tools outside of cost reduction and recovery, they don't have any class heals (outside of the Twilight and Surge).

Shield stacking used to be OP. Its pretty laughable now to what it used to be, to be honest. Everyone does much more damage than before, and shields haven't changed. I mean I can smoke through both shields on any class that I know how to play properly (except MagDK cause DoTs = free magicka for the Sorc and wearing down shields doesn't work when shielding is so easy). Its really never been a problem for me. In a 1v1, yes shields are very strong defensive mechanics. But as you probably know, they kinda suck when it comes to open world and when you have multiple people on you, much like Healing and very much unlike Resistances, % Mitigation and Block which always keep the same effectiveness and even less like Roll Dodge which becomes more effective the more incoming damage there is.

Plus no need to be rude to every Sorc you meet.

Yup. I don't care about sorcs in open world. But as a stam NB and the higher tier magicka sorcs in a duel.... you know the the rest. In 1v1 a top shelf magicka sorc can basically hang back and keep shields up almost the entire duel without too much issue.

Thing is, with battlegrounds being true closed off small scale melee pvp, magicka sorcs could still pose an annoyance. With many players probably calling them "op".

If every other class is being balanced, then sorcs and their shields should be addressed to.
    Because they are, both stamina and magicka, they've had too much ZoS love.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i played in cryodiil in the PTS yesterday all day.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

Wow, I didn't know my mTemp in heavy had crutch OP shield stacking

Your bias is showing pretty clearly
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Sure. Nerf shields (again). If my Sorc gets a reliable burst heal instead I do not complain.

Twilight Matriarch.

Sorry....
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Sure. Nerf shields (again). If my Sorc gets a reliable burst heal instead I do not complain.

Twilight Matriarch.

Sorry....

So essentially every Sorc should be forced to run a pet build. Oooookaaay.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Twilight Matriarch.

Sorry....

Not if you don't want reliable healing.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Twilight Matriarch.

Sorry....

Yes I get it would be more to your taste if all Sorcs just died without giving so much fight. Sorry they hurt you.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Twilight Matriarch.

Sorry....

Yes I get it would be more to your taste if all Sorcs just died without giving so much fight. Sorry they hurt you.

No no no no, you can still stack hardend ward and healing ward, I was just saying that you do have a reliable Burst heal.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do have a burst heal if the NPC in charge of that doesn't get killed, does not just disappear or wander off, and wouldn't take up 2 slots on already tight bars. I don't know how you feel but that's not the very definition of reliable.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i played in cryodiil in the PTS yesterday all day.

you don't play sorc... doesn't matter if you've PTS tested things all day.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do have a burst heal if the NPC in charge of that doesn't get killed, does not just disappear or wander off, and wouldn't take up 2 slots on already tight bars. I don't know how you feel but that's not the very definition of reliable.

Well next update they will add a new machanic if you heavy attack someone the pet will focus that target. Step in the right direction.

But yeah the damn pet is stupid.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

that is just not true.

Mageblades rely on cloak mostly so they have to be casting it each 3 secs to be alive.

Mageblade playing stye at this moment is ranged, so neither CW, Fear, and refreshing path is worth slotting

jackie-chan-whut.jpg
    So you thing melee mageblade is viable? DW/SB/destro?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

it is overpowered.

What about spamming Ambush or Fear? That's not OP?

What fear? That skill is dead for stamblades, there's no way to use it anymore

U crazy bro? Fear is a dead skill? Its the best CC in the game.

How much does fear cost for a stamblade? Were's the way to recover MAGICKA to cast it reliable? Because without SS, theres no way it's gonna be a reliable skill.

It is a great skill, but in a class that has no way to convert stam into magicka, is nearly useless

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road