The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shields shouldn't stack, and recasting them shouldn't refresh

Kilandros
Kilandros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Casting Hardened Ward followed by a Harness Magicka should simply displace the Hardened Ward. Furthermore, recasting a shield before it has expired should not return the shield to full.

#NERFSHIELDSTACKING

Let's make this happen. Incoming Sorc tears.
Invictus
Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make Harness and Hardened non-stackable... Aka Major and Minor Shields.

Hardened, Harness (and the morphs obviously) = Major Shields

Sun Shield, Igneous Shield, Bone Shield = Minor Shields

Healing Ward is it's own category. Shields that are secondary parts of abilites (like Cleave and Hardened Armor) are also separate.

Done. Easy. The only thing that will need to happen is extra defense to Sorcs, like an HoT or some sort of extra mitigation.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just make Harness and Hardened non-stackable... Aka Major and Minor Shields.

Hardened, Harness (and the morphs obviously) = Major Shields

Sun Shield, Igneous Shield, Bone Shield = Minor Shields

Healing Ward is it's own category. Shields that are secondary parts of abilites (like Cleave and Hardened Armor) are also separate.

Done. Easy. The only thing that will need to happen is extra defense to Sorcs, like an HoT or some sort of extra mitigation.

Reasonable post. Thank you.
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

Obviously doing both would be Overkill, but that's what you want isn't it?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

You're wrong. You need to L2P and stop crutching on OP shield stacking. In the long run I'm doing you a favor.
    Invictus

• MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Casting Hardened Ward followed by a Harness Magicka should simply displace the Hardened Ward. Furthermore, recasting a shield before it has expired should not return the shield to full.

#NERFSHIELDSTACKING

I main a stamblade and I didn't like going up against mag sorcs for this reason. The only time I would hit them is if the shield was completely down. Then I made a magic sorc and did this to other players. I realized that without this mag sorc would die so fast.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

You're wrong. You need to L2P and stop crutching on OP shield stacking. In the long run I'm doing you a favor.

Well its not exactly a L2P issue, when its kinda the only viable form of defense that a Sorc has... They don't synergize well with heavy armor because they don't have any sustain tools outside of cost reduction and recovery, they don't have any class heals (outside of the Twilight and Surge).

Shield stacking used to be OP. Its pretty laughable now to what it used to be, to be honest. Everyone does much more damage than before, and shields haven't changed. I mean I can smoke through both shields on any class that I know how to play properly (except MagDK cause DoTs = free magicka for the Sorc and wearing down shields doesn't work when shielding is so easy). Its really never been a problem for me. In a 1v1, yes shields are very strong defensive mechanics. But as you probably know, they kinda suck when it comes to open world and when you have multiple people on you, much like Healing and very much unlike Resistances, % Mitigation and Block which always keep the same effectiveness and even less like Roll Dodge which becomes more effective the more incoming damage there is.

Plus no need to be rude to every Sorc you meet.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MrBrandon wrote: »

#NERFSHIELDSTACKING

I main a stamblade and I didn't like going up against mag sorcs for this reason. The only time I would hit them is if the shield was completely down. Then I made a magic sorc and did this to other players. I realized that without this mag sorc would die so fast.

They would only die quickly because they build for pure offense since they crutch on shield stacking. If shields couldn't stack the way they do, new Sorc builds involving some defense would emerge.
    Invictus

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the idea, but it just gets complicated and convulted when you start to think about it. Shields as a whole should not be changed. If the Sorc shield needs a nerf, nerf the Sorc shield. Specifically make hardened ward overwrite any other shields or effects granted by a shield and stop right there.

Doing it globally will just result in a bunch of bugs and extra calculations that result in more lag. Ultimately, it will be 2020 before shields are working correctly again.

For example, right now if you cast a cast a barrier or healing ward, it presumably just does an allies in range or closest allies check and applies the shield in addition to whatever else is on the targeted ally. If you make global changes to shields, it will have to see who is in range, check each one of them for existing shields shields, check the duration of any existing shields, figure out how and/or it should interact with each of those existing shields, ect.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'll just be the troll in the threads because it seems there is just so much hate towards Sorcs by those who don't know how to beat them.

Any competent player can easily kill a Sorc due to pure DPS negating any shields a Sorc can use.

While we are at it let's remove stealth from NBs (it's OP) and let's also remove stuns from stealth attacks (not fair).

If you remove Sorc shields or nerf them from your recommendations they become an unviable and unplayable class.

All Sorcs run basically the same rotation so it's so easy to know what is coming and block or dodge most attacks.

Tired of all the salt from players who obviously don't play a Sorc and are just jumping on a bandwagon because they can't kill them.

Gankblades are more a cancer to this game than any Sorc shield.

While we are at - ZOS - let me shoot marshmallows from my staff and die from all NB skills in 1 shot so they feel better about themselves. They seem pretty close to the ledge right now.
    Edited by grim_tactics on April 27, 2017 5:07PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

what's "Overkill" is the ability to cast those shields like that constantly and survive large groups of people attacking you in pvp and also pve.
    it is overpowered.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think we should let the sustain and cp nerfs play out before you can justify such sweeping mechanical changes. Also nerf Pirate more.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'll just be the troll in the threads because it seems there is just so much hate towards Sorcs by those who don't know how to beat them.

let's remove stealth from NBs (it's OP) and let's also remove stuns from stealth attacks (not fair).

you do that allready, you completely remove our stealth, and in the patch notes it says that the damage from stealth atacks were removed.

• grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

what's "Overkill" is the ability to cast those shields like that constantly and survive large groups of people attacking you in pvp and also pve.
    it is overpowered.

What about spamming Ambush or Fear? That's not OP?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

it is overpowered.

What about spamming Ambush or Fear? That's not OP?

What fear? That skill is dead for stamblades, there's no way to use it anymore
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only time you see a dead sorcerer is if large groups of people constantly chase you on horse untill your Dead. and it does take a looong time.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not stacked shields since dark brotherhood a four second period of two shield is not worth it. They are knocked off in a few seconds anyway. Any stamina user with a two hander can bust all but the best sorcs down in a few seconds. I play on na pc and there are three sorcs I truly fear the arcane, force siphon, irylias, and German who has another name. There are a few other good ones but with a two hander stam sorc or stam DK it is manageable for most experienced players.
    Edited by DHale on April 27, 2017 5:16PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we should let the sustain and cp nerfs play out before you can justify such sweeping mechanical changes. Also nerf Pirate more.

How dare you bring a reasonable answer into this thread! Obviously you are just a crutch OP super shield user baddy. :wink:
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    I have not stacked shields since dark brotherhood a four second period of two shield is not worth it. They are knocked off in a few seconds anyway. Any stamina user with a two hander can bust all but the bast sorcs down in a few seconds. I play on na pc and there are three sorcs I truly fear the arcane, force siphon, irylias, and German who has another name. There are a few other good ones but with a two hander stam sorc or stam DK it is manageable for most experienced players.

Thank you. I mean with CP cost reduction removed stacking shields will not be even viable.

Even in the current meta - and I made a post about this - casting 2 shields is such a resource waste for what turns out to be 4-5 second shield which gets burst down so fast.

So many people complaining that just need to learn how to burst Sorcs. It's not that hard. Just root a Sorc and force them to waste Stam and they can't survive at all. That's just one spam strat I see people use that is very effective.
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    I have not stacked shields since dark brotherhood a four second period of two shield is not worth it. They are knocked off in a few seconds anyway. Any stamina user with a two hander can bust all but the bast sorcs down in a few seconds. I play on na pc and there are three sorcs I truly fear the arcane, force siphon, irylias, and German who has another name. There are a few other good ones but with a two hander stam sorc or stam DK it is manageable for most experienced players.

Thank you. I mean with CP cost reduction removed stacking shields will not be even viable.

Even in the current meta - and I made a post about this - casting 2 shields is such a resource waste for what turns out to be 4-5 second shield which gets burst down so fast.

So many people complaining that just need to learn how to burst Sorcs. It's not that hard. Just root a Sorc and force them to waste Stam and they can't survive at all. That's just one spam strat I see people use that is very effective.

You ever see a sorc run amberplasm? You cant run them out of stam period.

Bone pirate got a nerf but amberplasm didnt???

Thats balanced for sure....
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is just not true.
    everything in that comment is just not true.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove shield stacking for sure but, increase the duration and adjust the values again.

Maybe fixed values according to level, maybe just leave it as magicka based.

But shield stacking is bad.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly simply silly,

Clearly you are the on with the learn to play issue lol if you can't kill a sorc, the problem isn't shield stacking.... it's your ability to play the game effectively. Better luck next patch!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shields are there to offset the lack of LA mitigation.

You're good with losing 2/3rd's of your current Spell Resist on Heavy and 1/2 on Medium, right? Because that's how physical resist works for any Sorc in Light...

And I assume you'll demand the inability to refresh any of your own skills before end of duration? Because you want it to be fair, of course?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the idea, but it just gets complicated and convulted when you start to think about it. Shields as a whole should not be changed. If the Sorc shield needs a nerf, nerf the Sorc shield. Specifically make hardened ward overwrite any other shields or effects granted by a shield and stop right there.

Doing it globally will just result in a bunch of bugs and extra calculations that result in more lag. Ultimately, it will be 2020 before shields are working correctly again.

For example, right now if you cast a cast a barrier or healing ward, it presumably just does an allies in range or closest allies check and applies the shield in addition to whatever else is on the targeted ally. If you make global changes to shields, it will have to see who is in range, check each one of them for existing shields shields, check the duration of any existing shields, figure out how and/or it should interact with each of those existing shields, ect.

Not my hardened ward ;-;.
    Though tbh if mag sorcs have to be nerfed, this would be the most reasonable way to do it.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Nerf shields (again). If my Sorc gets a reliable burst heal instead I do not complain.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is just not true.

I've mained a Sorc since year 1 - yes it is.
    Drishtan wrote: »

I run several PvP builds - Amberplasm was one of them with Pirate Skeleton

Unless some Sorc you're playing puts Stam regen on every piece they can - I don't know what you're talking about.

Running spell power and 1 regen glyph still nets just at 1200. Go fight a DK or someone really good at root rotations and you'll run out very fast against them especially with poisons.

The only thing that needs to be removed or nerf hammered is Pirate Skeleton. I don't use it anymore because it feels like cheating.
    Edited by grim_tactics on April 27, 2017 6:32PM
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭

that is just not true.

Unless some Sorc you're playing puts Stam regen on every piece they can - I don't know what you're talking about.

Running spell power and 1 regen glyph still nets just at 1200. Go fight a DK or someone really good at root rotations and you'll run out very fast against them especially with poisons.

The only thing that needs to be removed or nerf hammered is Pirate Skeleton. I don't use it anymore because it feels like cheating.

LMFAO i am a DK and I constantly petrify and talons. Against a good sorc they never run out of stam...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

that is just not true.

You should start playing other classes instead of coming here to dimiss other's opinions that look for class balance. Because that was we were promised BALANCE.

No nerfs to sorcs, but nerfs to the other 3 classes = NO BALANCE

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    Shield stacking is going to become almost irrelevant with the nerf to sustain. It is too expensive for most people right now.
    Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
    Still pretty new to PC-NA.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shield stacking is going to become almost irrelevant with the nerf to sustain. It is too expensive for most people right now.

Do ypu realize that dmging those shields is also a sustain matter?

I mean 1vx the sorc is gonna suffer (as any other class), but 1v1 is another story.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road