The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

DK Changes... Seriously?

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any way I saw this post on REDDIT
    10 Stacked Nerfs the primary (most popular) PVP build of a Stamina DK ... Noticed I said build not class.....

1st
    Heavy Armor Constitution: Reduced the Magicka and Stamina restored by this passive ability by approximately 42%.
    2nd
    Helping Hands: This passive ability now restores Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Stamina.
    Developer Comments: This will be a buff if your Maximum Stamina is below 19,800 and a reduction if it is above (19,800).
    3rd
    Battle Roar: This passive ability now restores an equal amount of Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you use an Ultimate ability, and the amounts are now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource(s).
    Developer Comments: This will be a buff for each particular resource if your maximum is below 26,000, and a reduction if it is above (26,000).
    5th
    The prime nerf, practically increasing block cost twice when compared with current state:
    Reduced the cooldown for being charged Stamina or Magicka to block an attack to 0.25 seconds from 0.5 seconds.
    Developer comment:
    7th
    Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): The Major Mending buff granted by this morph is now tied to your own damage shield. If the damage shield is removed, the Major Mending bonus will also be removed.
    Lets add to that global blanket nerfs:
    8th
    Stamina abilities are now universally 15% cheaper than their Magicka counterparts, originally being 20% cheaper.
    9th
    Mooncalf, Arcanist, Tenacity max bonus reduced to 15% from 25%
    10th
    Warlord and Magician removed
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Mag DKs are in the same boat sustain-wise. Let's pull together and focus on the damage to the class overall.

I can see stam DK being semi-playable in PvP, but not mag DKs. OTOH, I think stam DKs are hurting far more in endgame PvE than magicka.

No I disagree Stam PVP iwas hit much harder .... I lost about -65 to 70 % of total stam return when you add it all up.....
    -My heal is now costs me 55% more ...
    -All my stam abilities are costing me 15% more
    -Magicka return down 42% which affects how much stam return I get ...
    -In PVP the blocking nerf means 50% increase in that cost... unless you have 1 person with twohander attacking u

No stam no magicka get use to as a stam knight

- PTS you need tons of return and you can't block but sporactically lol i have a build on test right now with 2100k regen ..
    Stam DKs were hit harder, but Mag DKs already had the worst sustain in the game. So they're both really in a terrible situation right now.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DKs are in the same boat sustain-wise. Let's pull together and focus on the damage to the class overall.

I can see stam DK being semi-playable in PvP, but not mag DKs. OTOH, I think stam DKs are hurting far more in endgame PvE than magicka.

No I disagree Stam PVP iwas hit much harder .... I lost about -65 to 70 % of total stam return when you add it all up.....
    -In PVP the blocking nerf means 50% increase in that cost... unless you have 1 person with twohander attacking u

- PTS you need tons of return and you can't block but sporactically lol i have a build on test right now with 2100k regen ..
    Stam DKs were hit harder, but Mag DKs already had the worst sustain in the game. So they're both really in a terrible situation right now.

Ohh not going to disagree with you at all .... Magicka DK's did not need any kind of nerf IMO
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    My dk tank in light armor Is able to heal, sustain, tank, and burst most people down....

I on occassion use guard on my squishy allies.

Just sayin.

Light armor dk in open world=thank you for the ap

Not this dk... often times im fighting npcs in imperial city when someone drops a leap, destro ult, or tries to gank, and they end up dead......

I only have problems with sorcs with great shield usage, or multiple gankblades when im not running RML.

With the sorc i can last long enough to call a buddy over, with the gankblades i die, re slot my skills, go back and kill them.

Ok lol .... even you can which I doubt you are successful as you sound ...after the next patch you will be dead pretty quick block casting will be completely dead.....

I dont block cast, and like i said i know this build will not be optimal next patch because my sustain is gonna get chopped. As is i can only block a handful of attacks now. I use cc, positioning, reflect and stuns to maneuver.

My biggest tool is not running out of magika, which allows me to keep 4 to 5 players working hard to keep me in their sights and not on the ground. I use my leap to reset or to finish enemies.

Its not exactly hard to do, and even playing since release im not the best pvp player. I used someones suggested build, made minor tweaks to make it my own, and whammo, u have a dk thats in light armor and can tank vet dungeons, and can take a beating by multiple enemies of medium skill.

Me and a buddy run near same setup, he in heavy armor and me in light, and we have 5 to 10minute battles against 6 to 10 players all the time. It is in my opinion fun, but quite ridiculous.

We often come up against multiple templar tank builds guarding each other and we usually just walk away in stale mate.

• t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/dOqY4z2BCCg

A video of me warming up to the build. Ive had a lot of time with it since then, so nothing too inpressive.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My dk tank in light armor Is able to heal, sustain, tank, and burst most people down....

Just sayin.

on this patch your dead bud ...

about 2 secs of blocking your stam will be gone to block ... Most PVP players will debuff your armor to effective 0 Armor if you are wearing light.... your health is low because you are wearing light ..... One crit rush with a viper proc, pierce armor and tremor scale proc and and you now have a nice dot ticking on you :) You sir are in execute range

This is fine by me, i shouldnt be so powerful to tank mobs of scrubs 5 plus with this build.

Right now with volatile armor i have 27k spell resist and 24k phys resist. Add a shield or ward and im tough to kill. I can spam heal 10 plus times when it gets heated. By then im ready to dragon leap, whip whip rinse and repeat,

The operative word there is "scrubs." Any class can do that, in any armor type.
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Zarkeson wrote: »
    Consider the Following:
    • Dragon Knights are more leaned as tanks. DPS should not be their go.
    • The ARE "unkillable" DKs out there. Twenty people hitting a DK that never runs out of stamina or magicka; infinite block. Health never goes down until there are at least thirty people.
    • A lot of DKs spam igneous shield infinitely, making them deathless.
    • Helping hands give DKs extra blocking fuel + ultimate attribute refund = infinite block, health.
    I honestly have to agree with the Zen Team's nerfs to DK. Good job team.

Wouldn't disagree with the PvP aspect of this nerf.....

But the problem is PvP is 50% or less of this game. PvE (unless the devs have adjusted boss health and damage DOWN) is going to be un-playable. Just like any MMO with both PvE and PvP ...the devs just cannot hit a balance. We go through constant nerfs and changes to make PvP better...meanwhile screwing PvE'ers. Main reason I left SWTOR over a year and half ago was for the same crap.

My main is a Templar healer and just about every skill I use as been nerfed. My second main is a Dk Tank and I will also need to re-do his entire build by the looks of it.

I wouldn't mind the theory crafting of skills and passives.... heck that's just a small gold transaction and some time. What pisses me off is yet AGAIN my armor sets will need to be changed up which costs A LOT of gold to get the Tempers/legendary mats to make/acquire. This is getting VERY OLD.

Edited by Korinth on April 22, 2017 4:21PM
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

Just sayin.

about 2 secs of blocking your stam will be gone to block ... Most PVP players will debuff your armor to effective 0 Armor if you are wearing light.... your health is low because you are wearing light ..... One crit rush with a viper proc, pierce armor and tremor scale proc and and you now have a nice dot ticking on you :) You sir are in execute range

This is fine by me, i shouldnt be so powerful to tank mobs of scrubs 5 plus with this build.

Right now with volatile armor i have 27k spell resist and 24k phys resist. Add a shield or ward and im tough to kill. I can spam heal 10 plus times when it gets heated. By then im ready to dragon leap, whip whip rinse and repeat,

The operative word there is "scrubs." Any class can do that, in any armor type.

Any class in any armor can take a beating by 5 people and just stand there like whats up?
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A video of me warming up to the build. Ive had a lot of time with it since then, so nothing too inpressive.

First of all not bad play and I also noticed you are not on the PC platform

Watched it you killing mostly noobs mostly non max CP .... I cant remember the last time on PC Had that I have seen a successful light armor dragon night running solo or small man....

Let me tell you why .. in that whole fight I never saw anyone assist on you... In my group we call targets and if you have that staff you are target #1 .... The main assist in my group is a brutal NB .... usually we have 3 on the train ... Most Heavy Armed DK has about 25-27k armor its much harder to chew through that...

but I did like the video it was nicely playrd and it looks like you are having fun and that what this game is about .... I like IC but honestly the kills can be very very easy in there ...

After the next patch however the block casting that I was seeing you do will be non existent you cant do it ... You will feel the dizzing swings left and right and be stuck on the ground for 3 secs
    Edited by Durham on April 22, 2017 4:27PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Arcturius
    Arcturius
    ✭✭
    Perhaps have Molten Whip morph cost stamina instead at a reduce cost and Flame Lash morph Off Balance Proc restores a small amount of magicka?
    Edited by Arcturius on April 22, 2017 4:37PM
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure whether it would be better to post this here, or in another thread.. But seeing as how it seems ZoS is reading this thread, I will post it here.

I did an analysis on Magicka DK PvE DPS as I feared for our lives when I saw sustain was nerfed to oblivion and back. Seeing as how we were already the WORST sustainable dps (as a pure damage build) I hoped that this change would not cripple us as much.

Heres a test from live, that I took less than a week ago. I was using Combat metrics saved data to pull up the old fight. Look closely at the Magicka in/out.
    Screenshot_20170422_111422.png

I was doing this test completely solo adding in ele drain into my rotation to provide the minor magicka steal buff and major breach. Gear I was using: 2 infused purple pieces of grothdarr: light shoulder/med head, 4 spellweave armor: gloves and belt infused purple, leg and boots divines gold, 1 infallible aether armor: divines gold, 3 infallible gold jewelry with all spell dmg enchants, 1 gold sharp burning spellweave staff on front bar, and random gold lightning staff on backbar.

Using the usual setup and AFAIK optimal rotation, I got that DPS.

So I wanted to see what it was like on PTS. Doing the exact same thing, exact same rotation, exact same gear, on PTS, I ran out of magicka after about 60 seconds.

I changed out all 3 glyphs for magicka recovery glyphs, and got this, in an effort to see how much recovery I need to be back on par as before.

Look closely at the magicka in/out.
    Screenshot_20170422_111318.png

10k DPS DIFFERENCE. Now granted, this was before I changed my CP so it was the same as on live, 26 elfborn, 98 ele expert, 1 staff, and 75 thaum for the blue tree.

Now I dont know if this is intended, but forget the DPS for now. Magicka out on molten whips is nearly the same. in fact, its actually less because I couldnt cast as many at the end. (Had to cast heavies to finish the skelly)

Blockade of Fire went from 212 magicka per sec, to 231 per sec.
    Eruption went from 187 mag per sec to 218 per sec.
    Engulfing Flames went from 176 to 206 mag per sec.

Those are the biggest magicka drain for the DK.

Also note the difference in Magicka in per sec from battle roar. The fight did last 20 sec longer, but notice its still double the difference. I doubt it was intended to be nerfed THAT much.

I'm sure theres ways to adjust my DPS to these changes, but I will say there's no way we get back to the ceiling due to the CP changes from 25% to 15%. Even with adjusting my dps, adding in a heavy attack or two to my rotation and doing whips less, I was still only able to manage 28k.. Which was very frustrating to me.

You see, I have worked extremely hard to get to where I was with that top Parse. For my DPS to be lowered by about 8k with me trying to deal with the changes, thats extremely upsetting. I've been a member here since September 2013 working my butt off trying to be one of the best. I know I'm not the best, and probably do not have the time to commit to getting there, but I take pride in my DPS or whatever role I fill for a group. It hurts so much just to see me make so much progress, and then it be stripped away just like that. I heard nothing about lowering the ceiling in this coming update, just raising the floor. Well what you did was raised the floor a tiny bit, and dropped the ceiling WAY down.

I understand the sustain changes. Really. It makes sense. But what I don't understand was the other changes to the CP. This update, if it goes live as is, is going to be really hard for me to swallow. And I personally don't know if I can.
    Edited by WatchYourSixx on April 22, 2017 4:47PM
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

First of all not bad play and I also noticed you are not on the PC platform

Watched it you killing mostly noobs mostly non max CP .... I cant remember the last time on PC Had that I have seen a successful light armor dragon night running solo or small man....

Let me tell you why .. in that whole fight I never saw anyone assist on you... In my group we call targets and if you have that staff you are target #1 .... The main assist in my group is a brutal NB .... usually we have 3 on the train ... Most Heavy Armed DK has about 25-27k armor its much harder to chew through that...

but I did like the video it was nicely playrd and it looks like you are having fun and that what this game is about .... I like IC but honestly the kills can be very very easy in there ...

After the next patch however the block casting that I was seeing you do will be non existent you cant do it ... You will feel the dizzing swings left and right and be stuck on the ground for 3 secs

Cheers and like i said i welcome some of those nerfs but hope a lot of them are altered before live.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riggsy wrote: »
    Such BS in this thread, you want less perma-blocking DKs? Go to the non-CP campaign, they dont exist there.
    But these massive changes will screw up those of us that play STAM DPS DKs in PvE and in Azuras PVP...

I can only surmise it's because they want everyone to start over with a Warden.

Sounds like it right! My Stam Dk will be rekt next patch
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »

Just sayin.

Light armor dk in open world=thank you for the ap

Not this dk... often times im fighting npcs in imperial city when someone drops a leap, destro ult, or tries to gank, and they end up dead......

I only have problems with sorcs with great shield usage, or multiple gankblades when im not running RML.

With the sorc i can last long enough to call a buddy over, with the gankblades i die, re slot my skills, go back and kill them.

Haha it's sad a sorcs in light armor and is as tank as a heavy armor templar! Lol makes sense
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

Just sayin.

Key word "scrubs" my Stam Dk in medium can tank/heal/kite 5+ mobs of "scrubs" with ease.. but skill on skill your mag Dk isn't op..
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

Ohh not going to disagree with you at all .... Magicka DK's did not need any kind of nerf IMO

Agreed mag dk seemed like it was finally in a good spot! With multiple effective builds...just when the Dk was getting comfortable they too it away!
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »

Agreed mag dk seemed like it was finally in a good spot! With multiple effective builds...just when the Dk was getting comfortable they too it away!

they really have to do something about it.
    you know something is wrong when even the mdks of top guilds start bashing their heads.
    we need spell cost reductions on almost all our spells.
  • Arcturius
    Arcturius
    ✭✭
    Dragath wrote: »

you know something is wrong when even the mdks of top guilds start bashing their heads.

I'm not a top mDK, I do run in vTrials though. I wouldn't say reduce the cost on all our spells, but I'd take the Off Balance proc on Flame Lash triggering a magicka regen buff or restoring magicka instead of health. I don't know that I need another health heal, what with Burning Embers, Coagulated Blood, Inhale on either morph (even with any changes to Battle Roar).
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also note the difference in Magicka in per sec from battle roar. The fight did last 20 sec longer, but notice its still double the difference. I doubt it was intended to be nerfed THAT much.

Battle Roar now returns less resources than a tripot.

Maybe argonians are the new go-to race for mag DKs, instead of just for tank DKs.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it was already posted but here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDk21FVfMy4

I completely agree with everything @Woeler said.

This will be a great patch if only they revert the orb/shard changes.

You need to stop crying, and go and give meaningful feedback that they can act upon.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arcturius wrote: »
    Dragath wrote: »

I'm not a top mDK, I do run in vTrials though. I wouldn't say reduce the cost on all our spells, but I'd take the Off Balance proc on Flame Lash triggering a magicka regen buff or restoring magicka instead of health. I don't know that I need another health heal, what with Burning Embers, Coagulated Blood, Inhale on either morph (even with any changes to Battle Roar).

saw you posting the idea a few times, and it's not a good one. the heal is very useful in pvp.
    minor magickasteal (for solo) or a magicka restore in general would be a good thing, though. but that could be tied to a lot of other skills.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    I don't know if it was already posted but here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDk21FVfMy4

I completely agree with everything @Woeler said.

This will be a great patch if only they revert the orb/shard changes.

You need to stop crying, and go and give meaningful feedback that they can act upon.

Read the whole post I have left math feedback several times
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dubhliam
    Cool and tanking isn't the only bloody thing people use a Stam DK for. Grats mate tanking is somewhat fine after making a lot of adjustments and sacrificing some gear to compensate for the B.S which will equal DPS loss unless someone wants to wear alkosh instead.
    Disclaimer: Didn't watch the video.

I tank, I heal, I DPS, I PvP only as a DK and these changes do not sit well with me in all three categories; we can even add a fourth category which would pertain to PvP. I do not support changes that seriously gimp my DKs performance especially after receiving nothing but nerfs for no damn reason other than regurgiated PvP/PvE b.s that are all based around band camp statements e.g. "This one time at band camp I saw this DK in PvP and he was un-kill-able, I mean people were wailing at him and he was destroying everyone without dying!" or the relevant one "This one time at band camp I saw some DK tank a trial boss for like 20 mins straight!".

This kind of 'feedback' shouldn't even have a voice but unfortunately it does, I will state this again (In bold this time and caps.)

THESE NERFS TO DRAGONKNIGHT ARE COMPLETELY UNJUSTIFIED ESPECIALLY AS NOTHING IS GIVEN IN PLACE FOR COMPENSATION.
    Edited by MaxwellC on April 23, 2017 4:23AM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @Dubhliam
    Cool and tanking isn't the only bloody thing people use a Stam DK for. Grats mate tanking is somewhat fine after making a lot of adjustments and sacrificing some gear to compensate for the B.S which will equal DPS loss unless someone wants to wear alkosh instead.
    Disclaimer: Didn't watch the video.

I tank, I heal, I DPS, I PvP only as a DK and these changes do not sit well with me in all three categories; we can even add a fourth category which would pertain to PvP. I do not support changes that seriously gimp my DKs performance especially after receiving nothing but nerfs for no damn reason other than regurgiated PvP/PvE b.s that are all based around band camp statements e.g. "This one time at band camp I saw this DK in PvP and he was un-kill-able, I mean people were wailing at him and he was destroying everyone without dying!" or the relevant one "This one time at band camp I saw some DK tank a trial boss for like 20 mins straight!".

This kind of 'feedback' shouldn't even have a voice but unfortunately it does, I will state this again (In bold this time and caps.)

THESE NERFS TO DRAGONKNIGHT ARE COMPLETELY UNJUSTIFIED ESPECIALLY AS NOTHING IS GIVEN IN PLACE FOR COMPENSATION.

I also main a DK.
    You have obviously never set foot in the PTS, and I am also guessing you don't spend time in Azura.

We had a double AP event a few weeks ago with no CPs in all campaigns.
    All campaigns were capped 24/7 and everybody had a great experience.

Remember the no stam regen while blocking nerf?

Same thing.
    Players adapted.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK needed this nerf, they could just perma block and spam shield to get back Stam, that's not skilled blocking, spamming warhorn. Hate to break it to you but this meta is skill less and boring!

I love you zennimax! Now LTB! Like everyone else.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zarkeson wrote: »
    Consider the Following:
    • Dragon Knights are more leaned as tanks. DPS should not be their go.
    • The ARE "unkillable" DKs out there. Twenty people hitting a DK that never runs out of stamina or magicka; infinite block. Health never goes down until there are at least thirty people.
    • A lot of DKs spam igneous shield infinitely, making them deathless.
    • Helping hands give DKs extra blocking fuel + ultimate attribute refund = infinite block, health.
    I honestly have to agree with the Zen Team's nerfs to DK. Good job team.
    • Classes should not be shoehorned into roles. The fact that DPS builds are possible on "tank" and "healer" classes is a massive selling point of ESO. Letting a "tank" class pull good DPS is a much smaller offense in my book than killing build diversity.
    • Twenty people beating on a DK and having the DK survive while also never running out of resources is a blatant lie. Dragonknights already have the utterly worst sustain in the game. They may have been capable of taking on zergs back when dynamic ultimate generation was a thing and they could throw out Devouring Swarms like candy, but that was a long time ago. The only build that can really survive that many people at once is a Blazing Shield Templar. And even those guys aren't infallible.
    • Igneous Shield doesn't make you immortal. The shield itself is tiny. The primary use for it is for Major Mending to make Coagulating Blood more powerful, and Coagulating Blood is weaker than BoL... And even if you consider the Templar losing Major Mending, BoL is still stronger than CDB.
    • Helping Hands is already a minuscule Stamina return, even for Stamknights. Battle Roar is powerful, but it's also the only thing that MagKnights have for sustain, and nerfing it is especially horrible when you consider that the class fights with attrition. How can you win through attrition if you always have worse sustain than your opponent?

...and breath of life is not guaranteed to heal self the same way dragon blood is... They are not the same.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK needed this nerf, they could just perma block and spam shield to get back Stam, that's not skilled blocking, spamming warhorn. Hate to break it to you but this meta is skill less and boring!

.......you're kidding me right? Have you played a DK in cyrodiil?
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been taking a break as well OP. Their "fix" to dragonblood last patch made it clear to me they have no ability to perceive the performance outcomes of skill changes they make. (the original DB, not the change we fought tooth and nail to get).

This igneous shield is just another example. It's a terrible shield for the group and for you. We only carried it into PvP because of the mending, and now the mending is tied to the worst part of it. There is no reason to have it in PvP now. How are they going to achieve this massive battle fix if they can't even figure out how utterly pointless they have made this skill.

This change isn't a response to something. No, they made a list of all the "problem words" and then had a meeting and went through the classes and dealt with the "problems". This is something Corporate Commander would do, Not a developer! A developer looks at a freaking skill and thinks, "hey is this going to be valuable after I nerf it?". Where is the money from the SUB I used to have going? I didn't formerly pay a sub so you can look at memo from a meeting, put it in front of your monitor, and make the changes without even thinking. You should be leading the meeting not these corporate hacks.

Igneous shield is now perfectly balanced with frag shield, good work.
    Edited by Armitas on April 23, 2017 1:52PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Again: did he kill anyone?

No

Just ignore him...

QFT.

Many of these tanks don't even have damage abilities on their bar. (they posted their builds so we could see it). I use them as mobilized ultimate dispensers and then I ride off.
    Edited by Armitas on April 23, 2017 11:29AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭

No, no, no, no , bla bla bla, L2P, use poisons more cost no block. LoL
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek