Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.1 is available.

DK Changes... Seriously?

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dubhliam
    Actually First of all I have set foot in it, compared my live game to the PTS game side by side laughed and stated" This is a bloody joke" hence why the thread was made in the first place.
    Secondly - I've played non CP and unless you've played PvP longer than I have, then sit down mate. I've played DK and only this class like seriously no other class even on PTS since the release of Craglorn so yeah no thanks I'm tired of seeing things taken from my class without anything in return. Talk about the basics of equivalent exchange gone amok.

Lastly - I'm almost a Gen in PvP on Xbox, I haven't played PvP as consistently lately because ZOS has failed for years to fix the lag they introduced and my class has been gimped to mainly using proc sets and meta gameplay to succeed (I make build videos and I do not use meta or proc sets when I PvP). If we count all my PvP ranks and combine them from my Mag DK on PC (Praetorian from back in the day), Mag DK on Xbox, I believe he's centurion I forget, and my Stam DK a Legate Grade 2... Well I'm psositive I'd be a warlord if not a grand warlord. My PvP experience is even showed on my profile which shows over 66k kills lol.. like come on mate.

I don't get why people like yourself are so quick to bend over and take it, losing more things without gaining anything in return as if it's a good deal. I hope you're a car salesman in real life because man I'd take advantage of you for sure.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Armitas
    Yeah that's the issue, clearly these changes were geared in a corporate mind set as you've got warden looking OP right out of the gate while stealing everything unique to most classes in the game e.g. major mending from templars and Dks as a(n) prime example. I get it they need money but instead of smacking your player base over the head by destroying classes they've worked with for years just so you can sell more copies isn't a good way to keep that player base. I've already cancelled my sub a while ago as I see it's useless to support this game that cannot seem to make balance a thing nor can they fix lag (although I do love @ZOS_BrianWheeler and @ZOS_RichLambert for actually taking a great step with that non cp week as it was way over due).

PvP is boring as nothing has been introduced over than a new area couple years ago, that has quickly disappeared and lacks any value to the on-going faction war. I've made threads about how to tie IC into cyrodiil but they've all gone flat, there's no new items in PvP that changes the battle strategy nor are there new keeps that do not have the same standard either knock down the wall or gate scenario tied to it. There's plenty of games I can cite where they oh I don't know have a poll placed in their game asking for feedback like COME ON!.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is anyone thinking Player who played dks or temps for years will buy a copy morrowind to Play warden insteed to quit?

there are 2 Kind of Players, the one have any class and Play anything, and the one that just Play a single char.
    Edited by BuggeX on April 23, 2017 3:36PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK needed this nerf, they could just perma block and spam shield to get back Stam, that's not skilled blocking, spamming warhorn. Hate to break it to you but this meta is skill less and boring!

I love you zennimax! Now LTB! Like everyone else.

You act like all dks perma block! I run a medium 40k stam dps Dk and in medium I needed that Stam to kite and break free rolldodge In order to stay alive...this nerf unfairly ruins my build and many like it because a select few run the heavy armor meta with sword and bored... why nerf the dks class defining abilities to the point of irrelevance... zos claims to have made these changes to encourage a more diverse class building experience but in reality it seems like it might have quite the opposite effect. Most likely players will build towards high dps and regen..
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    DK needed this nerf, they could just perma block and spam shield to get back Stam, that's not skilled blocking, spamming warhorn. Hate to break it to you but this meta is skill less and boring!

I love you zennimax! Now LTB! Like everyone else.

You act like all dks perma block! I run a medium 40k stam dps Dk and in medium I needed that Stam to kite and break free rolldodge In order to stay alive...this nerf unfairly ruins my build and many like it because a select few run the heavy armor meta with sword and bored... why nerf the dks class defining abilities to the point of irrelevance... zos claims to have made these changes to encourage a more diverse class building experience but in reality it seems like it might have quite the opposite effect. Most likely players will build towards high dps and regen..

luna is clueless, just ignore his statement.
    what we need is a statement from ZOS.
    at this point, there should be quite some data and ideas how to go about these sustain changes, at least for classes that have been hit too hard.
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind DK getting some dmg reduction improvements, but stupid resource restoration needed big nerfs.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleh so many people come into comment but have no idea
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind DK getting some dmg reduction improvements, but stupid resource restoration needed big nerfs.

Hmm 3 casts of 1850 to 2k stam return is just OP.
    Lol
    But you can cast more ... ummm nope out of magicka
    We have no stamina regen passive...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The so called Infinate block that I keep hearing on here will end after the patch ..... blocking cost will be twice as much and heavy armor passive was nuked to -42% just those two are big .... no need nerf the DK... From my testing it's brutal biting jabs or rapid strike will drain you fast....
    Edited by Durham on April 23, 2017 9:28PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    The so called Infinate block that I keep hearing on here will end after the patch ..... blocking cost will be twice as much and heavy armor passive was nuked to -42% just those two are big .... no need nerf the DK... From my testing it's brutal biting jabs or rapid strike will drain you fast....

What kind of build are you using, and what kind of enchants on jewlery?
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who said I was talking about my build ... but most stam DK run between 37500 to 40000 stam... I have played a 48k stam build which is 2400 return ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who said I was talking about my build ... but most stam DK run between 37500 to 40000 stam... I have played a 48k stam build which is 2400 return ...

Ah u said from your testing, i thought that meant you were on PTS
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

Ah u said from your testing, i thought that meant you were on PTS

I have 4 builds on testing .....

Current build LIVE more balanced approach 39k Stam with 16k magicka but around 4500 to 5k weapon damage a little different from my current build...
    Medium High Stam recovery build about 38 stam on this build but 2200 Stam recovery in Heavy Armor
    Medium High Stam heavy attack build heavy Armor about 38k here also
    Medium High Stam Medium Armor build around High recovery about 2600 recovery

But keep in mind I'm talking PVP... not PVE... so going defensive jewrly is out of the question your worthless out there with that... mainly just a utility debuffer...
    Edited by Durham on April 23, 2017 10:20PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sustain nerfs are one thing. I can understand helping hands and battle roar would be relatively too good considering "normal" means of sustain took heavy nerfs too in this update.

The major mending change is the big one though. At the moment, a good stamblade or stam sorc can easily have a proper 1v1 versus a stam DK with a lot of back and forth. This is with stam DKs having major mending and the other 2 classes not having it.

Stam DKs now basically lost major mending in PvP (igneous shield is gone in 1 light attack or DoT tick, basically), losing 25% healing in the process. How is that match-up going to be next update? I suspect Major Defile and some burst will make it tough to recover at all. Stamblade bursting you with incap strike will just be game over unless I spec myself into an useless sword and shield tank. Anyone want to duel to test when the EU chars are finally copied over to PTS?

I dont think templars will have the same issue. They still get permanent minor mending (which is *something* at least) and they can cleanse healing debuffs.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion
    -If you have to nerf helping hands make the break even 30k..... this will still be a big nerf
    -Battle Roar should also be 30k this is a minor nerf.
    -ingenious shields left alone it already has a huge cost...

There are 6 other universal nerfs that will affect the stam DK....

No reason to do this the universal changes will destroy blocking in PVP..... You already can not perma dodge...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    The sustain nerfs are one thing. I can understand helping hands and battle roar would be relatively too good considering "normal" means of sustain took heavy nerfs too in this update.

The major mending change is the big one though. At the moment, a good stamblade or stam sorc can easily have a proper 1v1 versus a stam DK with a lot of back and forth. This is with stam DKs having major mending and the other 2 classes not having it.

Stam DKs now basically lost major mending in PvP (igneous shield is gone in 1 light attack or DoT tick, basically), losing 25% healing in the process. How is that match-up going to be next update? I suspect Major Defile and some burst will make it tough to recover at all. Stamblade bursting you with incap strike will just be game over unless I spec myself into an useless sword and shield tank. Anyone want to duel to test when the EU chars are finally copied over to PTS?

I dont think templars will have the same issue. They still get permanent minor mending (which is *something* at least) and they can cleanse healing debuffs.

I absolutely agree
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the new notes are out ......nothing for the DK... mostly nerfs to The warden.. And a no brainer on the Temp with spears....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup seems like they're adamant in these unjust changes to the DK class, its ok we definitely do not have the highest costing skills in the game (stamina aside) plus we obviously have recovery and reduction built into our passives :trollface: . Talk about disheartening here, they've finally grabbed the stake to pierce the last one into my Stam DK. Nothing even given in exchange like something to boost our resource recovery or even giving back our AoE... nope.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    3.0.1 was ready even before the first feedback.
    wait for the next two patch cycles. there is still room for changes.
    even if the would turn 180° on all changes, they wouldnt have been reverted with this one.
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    Really just have to ask yourself: are the Pre-Order bonuses for Morrowind worth it? If you're on the fence, and can live without them, just cancel your​ Pre-Order and Plus then come back when/if the game is to your liking. No sense in paying them while you wait and see.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Obsidian Shard ability. I pooled all of my Attribute points into Magicka, and so my health is really low, even with the Emperor's Fricasse to boost all my stats by some 5000 or so.

The shard has saved me countless times with healing - and if you're good at switching targets fast, you can CC/knockdown enemies, which makes it easier to get a few hits in. It's also nice that the healing can go to our allies - afaik, that's the only way outside of Resto staff I can heal other people.

Impulse/Obsidian Shard/Coagulating Blood/Lava Whip/Flames of Oblivion (My skillset on my Destro Bar)

I'm obviously not a meta-superDPS-vet-endgame elite nutjob, but I just thought I'd chime in and defend a skill I like, certainly not a worthless skill.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.
    PVE STAM DK tank is fine
    PVE STAM DK DPS is fine
    PVP Stam DK hurting

I'm sorry I don't see anything coming back ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @lagrue
    Yeah it must be somewhat fine on a Mag DK but not for a stam. DPS will drop because of the added cost and thats for both reduction CP being sniped (which aids those PvE Stam DPS Dks who use igneous weapons for their buffs and stam return) and costs for certain skills being increased.

PvP wise again this is a huge smack to those who play Stam DK with the cross the wall nerfs to sustain aside from 1 class, we still have the highest costing skills to use so this further impacts our stam return and with the changes to helping hands and battle roar... well this just cripples us. We might as well be in a wheel chair as we've been resorting to Heavy attacking during kills for a while now and now it just got even worse.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Correct me if I'm wrong but there was no talk about the reasoning(s) behind the DK changes that is killing our already terrible sustain nor was there any talk about why redguards received a nerf that makes no sense i.e. (Paraphrasing) "having 18k or less stamina this will be a buff but over that threshold it will be a nerf". I do not even see any character who's a redguard getting anywhere below that threshold for it to be a buff as they're more so gunning for recovery and stam balance.

Edit: This question was posed in regards to the ESO live that did not at-least from what I saw answer any questions regarding the disastrous DK changes.
    Edited by MaxwellC on April 28, 2017 8:20PM
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Arbitrator
    Arbitrator
    ✭✭✭
    I wish this was all I had to worry about. At least you have well thought out skills for your class. Try playing a Templar tank, AKA the worst designed class in any game ever.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arbitrator wrote: »
    I wish this was all I had to worry about. At least you have well thought out skills for your class. Try playing a Templar tank, AKA the worst designed class in any game ever.

@Arbitrator
    Not sure what you're getting at mate, we Stam DKs have been consistently nerf'd I mean at-least stamplars got a buff last patch. This PTS patch we're all in the same boat at-least for Templars and DKs as a whole but stamplar vs stam dk we've been six feet under while you're currently being buried.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arbitrator wrote: »

Have one ... heavy armor stamplar will destroy a heavy armor stam dk on the test ... your bitting jabs will cost a DK 4 blocks a sec... you have an ability that will purge all my dots while snaring me it also gives you minor mending ... you have another ability that will go through my block ... STAMPLARS were much better after the last patch ... they should not have lost major mending just like the DK....Im not they are OK by any means I just saying the DKs are that weak on the PTS.

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried holding block for ten seconds on my DK Tank on 4 trash mobs in PTS Orsinium...Watched my Stam plummet like what the hell... All the nerfs together have a massive effect...

This model of using us as unpaid consultants to test their wild guesses for balance is ridiculous. Voting with wallet at the very least...
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't igneous shield and fragmented shield scale based on your biggest resource pool? That would help the magika dks and Stam dks to have their mending a little longer and incentives the use of fragmented as a tool of damage, as it's don't lose their place as a tank tool. @ZOS_Wolfram @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pls give the team this suggestion. I would suggest that dks have a passive that increseases dots on low health targets, just like dual wield tree.
    Edited by Vesper_BR on April 30, 2017 2:58AM
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vesper_BR
    It's because we have helping hands and it would be redundant for a stam DK to pay into a ability just to receive 5% of our max stam. Honestly igneous shield just needs to be reverted to what it was prior to this PTS change and just reduce the cost by 1,500 magicka.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l