Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.1 is available.

DK Changes... Seriously?

• Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    we definitely need some help with our sustain.
    there are a lot of good suggestions in this thread and others.
    just have to wait and see what happens in the next few patches, though i would really appreciate a comment from a dev that they are aware different classes got hit too hard by the changes.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Revert the way it was would be good... But I think that dks don't really to have the major mending more than enough o to cast two healings. Major mending for 3s would nice though.
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still trying builds nothing so far .... I have been dueling my brothers Stam Sorc... he just destroys me while on the live I beat him...Stam DK for PVP is just broke...
    The blocking change is just brutal .. add in the other 8 nerfs and it's bad... the magicka version is probably the only way to play the DK after the next update...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Still trying builds nothing so far .... I have been dueling my brothers Stam Sorc... he just destroys me while on the live I beat him...Stam DK for PVP is just broke...
    The blocking change is just brutal .. add in the other 8 nerfs and it's bad... the magicka version is probably the only way to play the DK after the next update...

Sadly I've main'd a stam DK since console launch but this next patch has me already building my MagDK because i completely agree. I can't get away from the DK its all i play so mag build here i come.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion
    -If you have to nerf helping hands make the break even 30k..... this will still be a big nerf
    -Battle Roar should also be 30k this is a minor nerf.
    -ingenious shields left alone it already has a huge cost...

There are 6 other universal nerfs that will affect the stam DK....

No reason to do this the universal changes will destroy blocking in PVP..... You already can not perma dodge...

Agreed once more; I've stated 30k caps for DK is still a huge nerf especially since we got smacked with block cost changes more than any other class also. We got hit with direct nerfs the worst, and also indirect nerfs at the same time yet got nothing in return.

They need to make 30k caps, or introduce something in our passive that helps with regen because at this point DK's have literally nothing.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭

Sadly I've main'd a stam DK since console launch but this next patch has me already building my MagDK because i completely agree. I can't get away from the DK its all i play so mag build here i come.

I already have done it in homestead... Dks don't have enough synergy to be Stam DPS anymore... Tanks or magika DPS... Any class is better than a dk on Stam version...
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »

I already have done it in homestead... Dks don't have enough synergy to be Stam DPS anymore... Tanks or magika DPS... Any class is better than a dk on Stam version...

I can't make the complete switch because i refused to race change because ill always love my stam dk and i play it regardless; but I've built a new magdk just slowly going through lore books on console and re-doing my undaunted. Hopefully by morrow wind ill have it all unless they completely ruin the class more in tomorrows PTS update. (Highly likely)
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They just need to revert the changes and apply some of the skill changes I suggested or at-least give them a look in the other thread I made.
    There's a lot of things this game needs and more class skills is one of them.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now this is what I see...
    Defiled are so much stronger healing is more expensive and less effective... This how I rank the stam classes...

-Stam Sorc currently number 1 stam class... Crit surge, Dark Exchange and Vigor.... good synergies with stamina with class abilities....
    - Stam Templar got nerfed but the reason I'm still keeping it high up is because of the befoul change the ability to purge is so crucial imo.... it's really easy to get to -60% healing .... Also Biting Jabs will burn completely through some ones stam .... class still has good synergies with stam...but still nerfed... Still has issues with resource management but now it actually make it look better against the other classes that were nerfed harder like the stam DK ...
    - Stam Nightblades will still be about the same but I think it will be a tad more effective because of the enhanced defiles... frontloading damage will be much more important in the next patch....
    - Stam DK former #1 Some will argue #2 was a meta that was hit with 9 nerfs .... Stam DK was really hard hit with a universal nerf but they were the ones that utilized it the most shield blocking nerf was basically enough to end the meta... however the 50% increase to vigor on top of the added cost to blocking poured salt on the wound... Then hit with 60% nerf to helping hands ... 30% nerf to battle roar.... ingenious shield nerf was the nail in the coffin... there is hardly any synergy with stam at the moment....I can't even put it in words how much weaker the stam is with Sword Shield and Two hander...
    Edited by Durham on May 1, 2017 3:04PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    wish that I had enough time to level another character but dk is my main. if you guys are saying its unplayable then I'll have to cancel my sub and take another long break until they fix it.
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artheiron wrote: »
    wish that I had enough time to level another character but dk is my main. if you guys are saying its unplayable then I'll have to cancel my sub and take another long break until they fix it.

depends on what you are doing.
    in pvp its bad, all the changes hit us hard.
    in pve its fine, IF you don't mind heavy attacking quite a lot.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? StamDK is going to suck so you're switching to MagDK?
    For next patch?

You don't know what you're putting yourself into, for both PvE and PvP.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK still a good option for PVE DPS he will just need some support... It's the PVP application that is lacking
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah Stam DK will still be viable next patch even though we still do not have our class AoE back among other things but more so that class AoE. If this newest patch brought it back I would be incredibly excited and would have a brighter outlook on the Dk class in general.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    If StamDK in PvP is gonna suck, imagine light armored Magicka DKs.

My EU Preciouses
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't make the complete switch because i refused to race change because ill always love my stam dk and i play it regardless; but I've built a new magdk just slowly going through lore books on console and re-doing my undaunted. Hopefully by morrow wind ill have it all unless they completely ruin the class more in tomorrows PTS update. (Highly likely)

If you PvP, I have some bad news for you about that magicka DK being OP...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @WillhelmBlack
    At least mag DK got a small boost to Stam return. That should compensate for some of the block nerf.

I must say I'm not particularly disappointed with any of the nerfs to each of the classes but I can say that Stamina Templar has taken the biggest nerf, not Stam DK.

Yeah see that's a perspective of not playing Stamina DK and shouldn't justify these changes as being 'fair'. What is being done is no sustain for Stamina DK whatsoever, sure Mag DK gets some sustain boost but remember now you lose major mending overall and with that goes your survivability. Heck if these changes go through I cannot play my Mag DK as a healer in trials or dungeons anymore since I won't get that 6 second boost reliably since igneous shield's shield is so bloody lackluster it'll drop when a chicken hits it.

You're also wrong Stam DK has taken the biggest hit as we've been consistently nerf'd while Stamplar got some improvements last patch. If you feel otherwise feel free to come cite me some quotes because I just checked and didn't see a damn improvement for my Stamina DK.

Honestly, you're kicking off too early. We have a few weeks of PTS ahead. Stam DK was a massive problem in PvP in regards to their infinite sustain. They'll now have to think of a way of sustaining instead of just stacking 40-50k stamina and let the class do all of its sustaining for them. For PvE, I think you need to catch up on a few Youtube videos, there are many unkillable Stam DK builds out there.

It might be that the nerfs are completely overkill. We'll find out very soon.

Edit ; just want to add, my mag DK has never had healing problems since the last patch, same goes for all classes though, healing is OTT in this MMO. The only time he's killed is from being focused on by multiple players or massive burst damage from a stamblade. I don't think he's ever even died in PvE, actually, once soloing a vet dungeon.

Yeah sorry man, you dont know what youre talking about. You're referring to the idiot tank builds that a bunch of people can hit for ages, but that person can do no damage. If you want to play a stam dk that can actually do anything but be a walking rock, you dont have infinite sustain. Id agree, if you think stam dks are so crazy op, then go play one and let us know how it works out for you.
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    Dragath wrote: »
    Artheiron wrote: »

depends on what you are doing.
    in pvp its bad, all the changes hit us hard.
    in pve its fine, IF you don't mind heavy attacking quite a lot.

I still have unfinished vanilla eso pve dungeon quests. I don't pve at all.
    Of course I'll wait and see if I can find a good build.

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol yup welp there goes that, patch note 3.0.3 = nothing changed. Let's leave major mending virtually being inaccessible in both PvP and PvE because tying it to a shield that is based off your max health was and is a brilliant idea.

Let's keep helping hands and battle roar changes because that isn't a major problem whatsoever, who cares if you're a stam dk pumping 4.04-4.05k magicka for as little as what 900 stamina? Let's continue to leave battle roar because who cares if other classes can stack their max damage resource and gain benefits while the DKs well just F it lol.

Let's keep the major sustain issues Mag DK suffers from because you know our skills aren't expensive to use whatsoever.
    Jeez man this is just utterly terrible.
    Edited by MaxwellC on May 8, 2017 5:58PM
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    This patch is a brobdingnagian catastrophe.

My EU Preciouses
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Morrowind update will kill the game for the Veterans who've played since the beginning. ZOS refuses to listen to player feedback time after time. This will only come bite them in the butt later on
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    Lol yup welp there goes that, patch note 3.0.3 = nothing changed. Let's leave major mending virtually being inaccessible in both PvP and PvE because tying it to a shield that is based off your max health was and is a brilliant idea.

Let's keep helping hands and battle roar changes because that isn't a major problem whatsoever, who cares if you're a stam dk pumping 4.04-4.05k magicka for as little as what 900 stamina? Let's continue to leave battle roar because who cares if other classes can stack their max damage resource and gain benefits while the DKs well just F it lol.

Let's keep the major sustain issues Mag DK suffers from because you know our skills aren't expensive to use whatsoever.
    Jeez man this is just utterly terrible.

One more update and we still have gotten nothing.

Helping hands needed to be nerfed at roughly 6k total return cost over 3 seconds, while dark deal gives 2.2k a second, with roughly 3 casts netting 18k stam return which is ever less than battle roar (also nerfed). Yet instead of destroying that (like they did to all other classes) they add a .2 second cast time? Thats a slap in the fact to the entire rest of the community.

Im embarrassed at the obvious favouritism of the devs.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more feed back from me .. honestly we are wasting our time...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/ERcZznUKCdw

Whiners will whine.

True players will test, and adapt.
    In Morrowind Alcast can dish out greater DPS than most people have on live servers currently.
    And mag DK is well known to have "the worst sustain out of all classes".
    Edited by Dubhliam on May 9, 2017 9:09AM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

Whiners will whine.

In Morrowind Alcast can dish out greater DPS than most people have on live servers currently.

Is this a serious post?
    If you read again every single post you'll notice that 9 out of ten are talking about the impact those changes will have on Magicka DKs PvP wise.

Plus, he's probably using Burning Spellweave so this score has already been lowered by a lot with today's patch.

My EU Preciouses
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They unnerfed the changes to passives, but they didn't posted it for some reason, on the PTS it does scale of your max stats, same with earthen heart, and igneous still gives you major mending so I'm not sure what they inhaled.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »

Whiners will whine.

Is this a serious post?
    If you read again every single post you'll notice that 9 out of ten are talking about the impact those changes will have on Magicka DKs PvP wise.

Plus, he's probably using Burning Spellweave so this score has already been lowered by a lot with today's patch.

PvP was the whole reason for nerfing. Because people could spec entirely into damage without having to worry about sustain.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whiners will whine.

Lol you need to read the posts before you post man... no one is talking about PVE standing in front of stationary target and heavy attacking... nothing new learned from Altcast in fact you could do this better 2 patches ago...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables