The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[VIDEO] STAMBLADE IS DEAD

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than the bickering between https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/KenaPKK (what's with that eh?) and mojican, which I don't even follow...

Well, the two melee builds are both viable. They are just different. Going dodge monkey mode typically makes you either 100% reliant on procs and comboing to kill anyone decent. I see a fair number of stamblades running something similar and as long as I don't bother chasing them I really don't fear them because their damage is a bit low. It's just a little reliant on either procs or eternal hunt runes for it's damage. The sheer amount of dodging they will be able to do makes them a bit annoying.

The build mojican put up seems to be a heavier damage build with enough regen to get by. It's different than the above build and it's likely much more lethal. Just under 40k stamina and 3.5k weapdmg is going to be excellent damage output. Probably not going to be able to survive a focusing by multiple decent players, but who really does?

As for the whole DBOS versus incap point. Well DBOS technically can't be dodged, but in reality it just misses quite often. The amount of times I check the combat log and see 0 damage (and 0 absorb, 0 dodges, 0 block) on DBOS is getting pretty annoying. I don't know what it is, but I'm seeing it often enough to become very wary of the honor of some people. Even so, the option of being able to ambush into a group and lay down the DBOS pain makes it a better option than incap. There is a certain beauty of knocking down 4-5 guys and killing them in a big skirmish, or ambushing into a group heading to a tower or running to a door and knocking them down so your side can kill them.

Incap is great for ganking (or dueling). It's strictly single target with a broken annoying animation.
    Other than the bickering between https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/KenaPKK (what's with that eh?) and mojican, which I don't even follow...

Well, the two melee builds are both viable. They are just different. Going dodge monkey mode typically makes you either 100% reliant on procs and comboing to kill anyone decent. I see a fair number of stamblades running something similar and as long as I don't bother chasing them I really don't fear them because their damage is a bit low. It's just a little reliant on either procs or eternal hunt runes for it's damage. The sheer amount of dodging they will be able to do makes them a bit annoying.

The build mojican put up seems to be a heavier damage build with enough regen to get by. It's different than the above build and it's likely much more lethal. Just under 40k stamina and 3.5k weapdmg is going to be excellent damage output. Probably not going to be able to survive a focusing by multiple decent players, but who really does?

As for the whole DBOS versus incap point. Well DBOS technically can't be dodged, but in reality it just misses quite often. The amount of times I check the combat log and see 0 damage (and 0 absorb, 0 dodges, 0 block) on DBOS is getting pretty annoying. I don't know what it is, but I'm seeing it often enough to become very wary of the honor of some people. Even so, the option of being able to ambush into a group and lay down the DBOS pain makes it a better option than incap. There is a certain beauty of knocking down 4-5 guys and killing them in a big skirmish, or ambushing into a group heading to a tower or running to a door and knocking them down so your side can kill them.

Incap is great for ganking (or dueling). It's strictly single target with a broken annoying animation.

I sort of agree with you on this. After talking to Mojican a bit I can safely say that I'd be picking his build over Leif. Don't get me wrong, leif's seems to be working just fine, but just as you mentioned it relies too hard on ground aoe procs, not to mention that I dislike eternal h(c)but a big deal (hatred I've build in thieves guild imperial city....).

Needless to say, both builds look amazing and look like they fit stamblade perfectly. Be it raw damage or the incap animation cancelled with an eternal roll, they fit like a glove imo. I'd still pick raw damage, maybe because all these years ganking made me think of rolldodge as an escape not an offensive ability, hahaha!
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

I sort of agree with you on this. After talking to Mojican a bit I can safely say that I'd be picking his build over Leif. Don't get me wrong, leif's seems to be working just fine, but just as you mentioned it relies too hard on ground aoe procs, not to mention that I dislike eternal h(c)but a big deal (hatred I've build in thieves guild imperial city....).

Needless to say, both builds look amazing and look like they fit stamblade perfectly. Be it raw damage or the incap animation cancelled with an eternal roll, they fit like a glove imo. I'd still pick raw damage, maybe because all these years ganking made me think of rolldodge as an escape not an offensive ability, hahaha!

One thing to note is that my build is out of date. Born in Thieve's Guild, there are probably better options out there now that might not have existed back then. I have played my build a little bit this patch and I still think it is viable and can be really strong in some situations, but I feel like there are probably ways to make it better if you wanted to go the route of eternal hunt.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LeifErickson a set overlooked by many is senche's bite. My buddy swears by it, and has been asking me to reroll my gankblade to his build for ages now. It's pretty much always up, and combined with some other goodies it looks like it makes a very good build. Right now he has senche's on back bar and I think maelstrom 2h, pirate skeleton and like 1 Selene's or something.
    Edited by Subversus on April 12, 2017 6:37PM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LeifErickson a set overlooked by many is senche's bite. My buddy swears by it, and has been asking me to reroll my gankblade to his build for ages now. It's pretty much always up, and combined with some other goodies it looks like it makes a very good build. Right now he has senche's on back bar and I think maelstrom 2h, pirate skeleton and like 1 Selene's or something.

I used that set for a while and I wasn't a big fan but there were situations where it was really good.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    @NightbladeMechanics - awww Glory was just trying to be silly, not confrontational :p

C'mon guys - you all are super good players who have a very good understanding of game mechanics - if y'all would just try to stop arguing and put your minds together... :disappointed:

Then @Glory I apologize. But what on earth is going on with Moji here? Grumpy grumpy grumpy.

We could have had a perfectly constructive conversation about the merits of different styles of stamblade builds, but he's all on my D. :grimace:

I am a potato and therefore require no apologies. Hope you are having a nice day!

mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's really about what type of combat you like. The eternal hunt high regen style is defensively excellent, but has to combo people down. The heavier damage builds are lesser defensively (note my earlier post in thread detailed the lack of certain abilities of duration regarding major ward/resolve), but can output some pain.

I would say that an eternal hunt type regen build is better served using incap and the heavier damage builds are better with DBOS though.

I run an over 4k weapon damage build with high stamina the most. Watching small groups melt underneath a well timed DBOS is really nice and is something you can't achieve with incap.

I run an eternal hunt build as well, and when you get your stamina regen high enough you can use the eternal hunt procs offensively. Simple as Ambush, dodge roll, attack->dodge roll, fear->dodge roll, attack dodge roll etc. and you can put a hurting on people. It isn't just a defensive proc.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A lot of eternal hunt builds pair it with senche's bite. It synergizes well with the play style and it's also dirt cheap on the ah or really easy to farm in reaper's march.

If you are a new nightblade or just broke, an eternal hunt/Senche's bite setup is cheap and effective and requires zero time in dungeons or raids to get.

The thing mostly overlooked on many of those sets is you won't have to enchant them either, they will scale up once upgraded. Though if you are going to keep it purple you can go for the max enchants on them anyways, but if you just put in the gold to legendary them they will go to max enchants.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of eternal hunt builds pair it with senche's bite. It synergizes well with the play style and it's also dirt cheap on the ah or really easy to farm in reaper's march.

If you are a new nightblade or just broke, an eternal hunt/Senche's bite setup is cheap and effective and requires zero time in dungeons or raids to get.

The thing mostly overlooked on many of those sets is you won't have to enchant them either, they will scale up once upgraded. Though if you are going to keep it purple you can go for the max enchants on them anyways, but if you just put in the gold to legendary them they will go to max enchants.

Yeah I noticed that like a few months ago, I facepalmed really hard when I realized how much gold I've spent on enchants during the years...
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah I noticed that like a few months ago, I facepalmed really hard when I realized how much gold I've spent on enchants during the years...

Yeah and with one tamriel upping all sets to 160 cp, every single set should upgrade to legendary enchants if you make the piece legendary.

So people know... well, you can realistically go full legendary on overland/cyrondil/imperial city sets that are very effective and you can do it in the 300k range from having nothing. If you pick and choose which pieces you will gold, you can do it for sub 200k. It's all in all not that much $ to do, dependent on how broke you are, of course. Now certain specialty sets, from the towns will end up costing much more...
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »

It's cause you play on console. Come to pc where the big boys play

You mean the handicapped version of ESO? I need aids-on version of ESO?

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »

It's cause you play on console. Come to pc where the big boys play

You mean the handicapped version of ESO? I need aids-on version of ESO?

Oh the never ending hate between pc and console

I was blind but now I see. Guess it's time to accept that there are good players on both sides, don't you think?
    Edited by Subversus on April 16, 2017 9:50PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A big part of it is the 4 seconds of major resolve/ward. That's versus 15s, 20s, 15s major resolve/ward on the other classes.

Nightblade
    • Shadow
      • Shadow Barrier: Increased this passive ability’s base duration of Major Ward and Major Resolve to 3/6 seconds from 2/4 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        Increasing the duration of this passive’s bonuses will improve the overall survivability of Nightblades. Heavy Armor, tank-focused Nightblades in particular should have a much smoother time maintaining nearly consistent uptime on these buffs with a combinations of abilities such as Refreshing Path or Summon Shades.

I guess an improvement is an improvement.

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A big part of it is the 4 seconds of major resolve/ward. That's versus 15s, 20s, 15s major resolve/ward on the other classes.

Nightblade
    • Shadow
      • Shadow Barrier: Increased this passive ability’s base duration of Major Ward and Major Resolve to 3/6 seconds from 2/4 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        Increasing the duration of this passive’s bonuses will improve the overall survivability of Nightblades. Heavy Armor, tank-focused Nightblades in particular should have a much smoother time maintaining nearly consistent uptime on these buffs with a combinations of abilities such as Refreshing Path or Summon Shades.

Stamblade already has no problem maintaining those buffs with Surprise Attack, Cloak, and Fear.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nightblade
    • Shadow
        Developer Comments:

Stamblade already has no problem maintaining those buffs with Surprise Attack, Cloak, and Fear.

Lol right, as long as you're attacking with surprise attack you maintain 100% up-time of resolve and ward as stamnb.

But that change is a small buff to magnb I suppose.
    The Age of Wrobel.